Myramar Fuengirola Hotel

Calle San Miguel 1 Urb. Castillo de Myramar, 29640 Fuengirola Spain

enjoyed it

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"i went here with my mum sister and 3yr old son and we had a fab time.the food was great hotel spotless help on hand if u neede it etc only prob was it was away from everythin so we had 2 catch a bus everyday if we wanted 2 do anythin n bus stops not clearly marked in the town so we spent hours walking tryin 2 find them and got lost plenty of times.got told places were "round that corner" "5 mins down road" etc but it was never were they said it was!!we had 2 get taxi 3 times just coz we got sik of tryin 2 get home!!we spent most of our days out doing somethin, market was huge and fab,hot weather all week although overcast on a couple of days but by dinnertime the sun was crackin the flags.we enjoyed the entertainment myb bcoz i was with family if i was with friends it mite seem "butlins" type of stuff but we enjoyed it.the last bus from the centre is at 8.30pm so u either had 2 go home then or get a taxi.dunnes does some fab meatballs n cakes!pool was lovely altho cold!!luks pretty at nite 2 with trees with lights .we also went 2 fuengirola zoo which was amazing and so much bigger than it looks outside!went 2 tivoli world and selwo marina as well they were good but again,too far out had 2 get buses n trains n in a foreign country isnt 2 easy lol.drinks were expensive,so gud job not a big drinker!!great hotel,bad location.it wud b perfect on the beach front."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of May 2006

Grand for Kids

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"Stay for 1 week, 2 Adults , 2 Kids. Overall nice place. Ground floor apartment with terrace. Patio furniture and 2 sun loungers. Standard apartment. 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, living area with 2 sofa beds for kids and kitchen area. Tin openers, bottle openers, toaster, 2 ring electic hob, kettle. Modern building about 3 / 4 years old. 1 large adult pool. 1 excellent kids pool. 2 / 3 lifeguards on duty all day. Very nice. Great kids entertainers around collecting kids for all sorts of sports. Mini disco for kids at night. Pool, Snooker, Table tennis for adults and kids. Excellent all weather football pitch and tennis court, Mini Golf. Tastefully done, nothing tacky. Security staff visable 24 / 7.

HOWEVER ... never cross the footbridge behind the hotel / apartments that leads to Dunnes Stores. There are muggers waiting down the dirt lane that runs along side it. Saw one of them on a bicycle ( approx 30 years old ) attack a man and rob it. They block the bridge from both sides so you have no escape. Walk the extra 100 metres to the main traffic bridge and cross there. These muggers are in gangs of 2 / 3 adults and 1/ 2 kids all together. You have been warned !.

Fresh bread is best value in Dunnes Store and just past Dunnes is Lidl... excellent fruit and veg and cheapest water around.

The only bad comment I would have about the Castle Beach hotel is that on the first 2 nights a group 20 English guys ( who booked in as a Golfing Group but turned out to be a stag ) made a terrible racket and roared all night long... Very unimpressed with the Manager of the hotel for not doning something about them.... Show his lack of professionalism when approached by our rep...... Hopefully you'll have nicer people staying when you go there."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of May 2006

Holiday at the Myramar Castle Beach Hotel

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"Myramar Castle Beach Hotel..Fuengirola,
Date:30/04/2006
We have just returned home having spent a week a the Myramar castle Beach Hotel. We were a party of six, 5 adults and my 3 year old daughter.. We had 5 lovely days and two days of heavy rain. The hotel itself was spotlessly clean but apart from that I cannot say anything good about the place. There is only one place to eat in the Hotel, the food was very much the same every day, also very very greasy. ot good at all. The entertainment was very poor,Bingo if you like that sort of thing. Drinks very expensive. Beware, you have to place a 60 pound deposit on arrival in case of damages. The reps were very good with children, but not much there at all for them , in fact not much to do there for any age group. To go any where, i.e. Town, Beach etc. you have to catch a bus which should be every twenty minutes at 1.20 Euros, but we waited for almost an hour each time. Beware of the blue bridge for gypsies, always use the big bridge that is lit up appose to the little blue bridge. I didnt really find any where that good to eat that I could rate, and if you have children it becomes hard work when having to catch a bus every time you want to eat out.
The people there are very friendly, The reps on arrival give a welcome meeting, and advise you to go to them immediately with any complaints, but if you have a complaint to make they soon change there tune.
The day before we arrived we had a phone call from going places saying that light gardening work is going on, and that there will be no noise. On arrival there were 8 men working on what I would call a building sight next to the swimming on the premises, with a lot of dust and noise all day from 7am in the morning, tapping, banging, drilling etc. and it is still going on and by the looks of thinmgs it could be going for a while.
Would I go back? ha ha not if it was free."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of May 2006

Excuse the entertainment, Castle Beach is cracking!

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for two weeks last summer, and we thought the accomodation itself was exceptional as were the hotel staff. Although the walk into Fuengirola takes a while (10/15) minutes-it is fine as long as you are reasonably mobile. We walked to get dinner and drinks pretty much every night.

I've got to admit when we first arrived we were both horrified at what we found-the evidently notorious beach front-which is pretty grim. However, after a couple of days we found our feet and explored the town. We found Fuengirola to be a wicked place to shop, eat and drink! If you are going on a day trip, make sure you book it with the small company in the town next to the bus stop to Mijas. John is a living legend and gave us the best tour of Marbella and Puerto Banus!

In fact, the only criticsm we had of the holiday were the reps. The shows they put on were massively repetitive night after night and (maybe it was because we were close in age to them) they seemed to completely ignore us as well as other guests of similar age! We paid for a holiday too you know, it seemed they were very immature and only interested in speaking to anyone with kids or the kids themselves! Hey ho though, other than that it was a brill holiday!"

• Travel date: Sat 15th of April 2006

First time in Costa Del Sol - highly recommended!

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"My partner and I are just back from the Costa Del Sol, having had a relaxing and enjoyable time in the Fuengirola area , despite the rain for the first two days of our stay. We booked out holiday online and went with air tours on a star buy. As a package holiday it was brilliant - no hiccups at all. We were very impressed with the Castle Beach hotel, which was spacious, welcoming and clean. The facilities were great, and we made good use of the indoor pool which is free but you do need to buy head caps to cover your hair at a cost of 3 euros each. There was entertainment on every night including quiz night, bingo, Spanish dancing, karaoke etc. There are also plenty of kids activities and game facilities. The apparently recurring problems that we had read about before visiting the area had to do with firstly, the local gypsies and time share sellers, and secondly, the distance to the beach and town centre. We did not have a problem with gypsies etc (although maybe it might be different if you are going in the summer as it will be busier but I guess you just have to be careful and sensible – don’t go out alone after dark etc). The beach is only a fifteen minute walk away which did not inconvenience us at all. It’s a bit further into the main town centre which takes about 25-30 minutes. There is however, a bus service, which runs every 15 minutes and costs about 80 cents. Overall we had a wonderful time, and as a first time visitor of Spain, I was very satisfied. We would recommend a trip to the local market in Fuengirola, and an official tour of Gibraltar if you can make it! Happy Holidays."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of March 2006

Christmas from hell

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"I had the misfortune to book this for two weeks over the Christmas and New Year holidays and I can safely say it was the worst treatment of guest by any hotel I have ever been on. On arrival half board guest were informed that they would have to pay 45 euros for Christmas dinner and 90 euros for New Years Eve dinner. Three days before Christmas they closed the bars to guest to have a staff party and then closed it again for Christmas Eve. On the second occasion the very unhelpful reps got a room opened up for anybody to bring their own drinks. The hotel then told you if you didn't pay the New Years Eve supplement you would have to pay 9 euros a drink as they had enough locals booking into the hotel for the night, the reps told you very helpfully that you could go somewhere else if you didn't want to pay it. The hotel was run for the staff and the guest were not even an after thought."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of January 2006

Never again

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We spent Christmas and New Year at this hotel, and what a disaster. Whilst the building is lovely, there are not facilities for disabled people in the apartments. I had to go out and buy a bowl just to have a wash, not ideal for 2 weeks. When asked about accessible rooms, reception staff said "well we should have these facilities, but the managment are not bothered"
Christmas and New Year was a disaster - nothing on on Christmas, so one of the other hotel guests arranged a party in stead. New Year we were told that we had to buy vouchers to get drinks at the bar at 9 euros per drink - bars in resort were charging usual prices.
Attached photo of new year party. There were nights when we could not use the entertainments room because it had been booked for private parties.

The food in the restaurant was disgusting and cold. When this was pointed out to staff their reply was "well there is a microwave". I do not wish to pay for food to then have to put it in a microwave, especially at 12 euros per person. On the whole many of the bar staff were rude and unhelpful.

The hotel is about a 30 to 45 minute walk (depending on your mobility) from the nearest resort. In fact leaving the hotel with a full battery on the mobility scooter my Dad was using went flat before we got back to the hotel. So we had to hire a car in the end just to be able to get out of the hotel.
This is definately not ideal for disabled people, or families. I would not go back to this hotel even if I was paid to do so."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of January 2006

great hotel

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"been to this hotel twice going again this year it is great for kids the kids pool is good not to deep staff and reps very friendly good entertainment every night rooms great got everthing you need maids come in every second day plenty to do in hotel it is about a 10 to 15 minute walk to the beach for any healthy adult dont know about food as we go self catering as apartments have cooker micro and kettle but ther are plenty of great bars resturents in fuengirola centre which is about a 20 to 25 minute walk away or there is a bus stop right outside the hotel there is a massive shopping right next to the hotel which has a supermarket + burgerking and lots more places to eat there is also an aquapark just a 10 minute walk away this is one of the best hotels in fuengirola we will go back time and time again"

• Travel date: Sat 14th of January 2006

Don't believe everything you read!!

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"I stayed at the Castle Beach apts for a week from the 6th Nov 2005. I travelled with my mum, and we had a one bed apt which was more than ample for our neeeds.
However if you were travelling in a bigger party or family i would advise going for a two bed apt, which are available for a small supplement.
Firstly i would like to point out that i am a travel agent, but i work for the uk's largest independent agent, so i am giving this hotel a fair review, as i am not biased in any way.
The apartment was large, modern and clean, as was the rest of the property. The pool area was huge with what seemed like hundreds of loungers each with individual parasols, which would be very necessary in summer, not so much in November! Although to be fair i did manage to get a lovely tan, but it was pretty chilly in the evening.
The only thing that i thought let down the property was the restaurant, we only used it once, the food was luke warm, and the choice was pretty limited - yes it did have a microwave but should there be any need to heat food up in low season when the restaurant was probably less than 1/4 full?? The price was uncompetitive too e12 per person, everywhere else we ate (with the exception of puerto banus) was both cheaper and nicer than that.
The walk into Fuengirola was lovely, took about 15 mins or so, but if you didnt want to walk there is a local bus stop outside the reception which takes you into the centre for 90 cents, it runs every 15 mins. However opposite the hotel is a large shopping centre with about 100 shops and a food court with both fast food and restaurants in, so its not essential to go into fuengirola evertime you want a meal. Also across the river is a chinese restaurant called 'Wok' which i would totally recommend - you pick your raw ingredients then they wok it up infront of you!!
We went to mijas, benalmadena and purto banus, all either by local transport or taxi, all totally worth a look as they are all within half an hour of fuengirola.
I arrived on a Sunday, and would like to pass on a tip to anyone else arriving on Sundays - no shops are open all the restaurants and bars are of course but no supermarkets.
Onto the main thing that most put me off this holiday BEFORE i went on it after reading reviews - of course its the Gypsies. All i can tell you is what i saw when i was there. They were obviously in the area, as they had horses on the riverbank during the day, and one night they were on the piece of land opposite the hotel with their dogs, but one quick call to reception to let them know ensured the police were informed and after that we saw police night and day patrolling the area every 15 - 20 mins which was very reasuring. The only thing i would say is, take the advise of the rep, and if you see anything tell reception, and they will sort it. Please also bear in mind that southern spain has a huge problem with gypsies, for exaple in granada there are riots between the police and gypsies when they try and move them on, so by no means is this a one off problem at the miramar. All i would say is take the same care when going out that you would at home... me and my mum were fine and i would very much hope that you would be too.
I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone, and i would like to point something out - for every one bad review on here, there are probably 100 good experiences by holiday makers, as a general rule people are more likely to compain than they are to praise something, please bear that in mind when reading reviews, both positive and negative - go on your hols with an open mind.
If you are booked to go to Castle Beach - enjoy it and dont worry about the bad reviews too much - if you are not booked,why not??!! Thanks for reading, hope it helped."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of November 2005

Castle Beach, Put your mind at rest!!!

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Only just returned from Castle Beach after an amazing week. 02/10/05-09/10/05. Being a 32yr old female going on holiday with my mother I read this site prior to travelling. I was horrified with the reviews, although all stated that the complex was great there were a few horry stories regarding 'GYPSIES'. Well, for all furture travellers I have already booked to return next year with my family. Yes, the bridges do seem a little scary in the evening but considering it is only 90cents for the local bus (which stops directly outside the hotel) to and from town there is no need to cross them!!!. Now, on with the holiday...The complex is excellent. The rooms are spotlessly clean, as is the entire place. Although I didnt have my 3yr old with me, I did notice that there was entertainment provided by both tour operator and hotel staff day and night. I had a pool view, which was fantastic, but did notice that the view from the other side of the hotel wasn't too bad either. There is a HUGE shopping centre just next door with everything you need for some serious retail therapy. Or as I said just jump on a bus, which run every 20 mins and head for Feungirola, which once you look behind the Blackpool like sea front, is full of shops and amazing restaurants. When in town you can jump on another cheap bus and head all over the Costa Del Sol. Really this place was great. A good mixture of locals, brits who have made it their home and tourists. If you have booked, have a great time. If not booked yet, WHY??"

• Travel date: Sun 9th of October 2005

disappointed

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We were disappointed with the property as it was a long way from the beach (the brochure says 800 mtrs) but you go over 9 level crossings and 3 busy roads to get to it also the food was extremely poor in quality and variety rooms were poky although reasonably clean however in the 2 weeks we were there we had to ask twice for the room to be serviced late in the day.Also the power went off fridge didnt close properly hotel computers were very slow and 2 of the phones were o/rder "

• Travel date: Sun 25th of November 2012

castle beach

Reviewed Tue 17th of May 2011

"very good clean hotel. service was excerlent room cleaned every day and clean towels. half the hotel was shut which i thought for may was not very good. well located for peace and quiet. and only 15mins walk to beah or bus out side hotel for 1 euro.The resturant that was open i felt was very expensive and only one price. drinks were very expensive 12.10 euros for 2 vodkas and coke. the balcony furniture was cheep and not comfortable chairs with arms would have been better. the swimming pool area is fantastic and clean and loads of sunbeds.again no pool bar of cafe open.would recomend the hotel but not thomson we saw no rep for the whole 12 days and there is no information about the resort in the hotel or rooms. so if i hadn't known the area would have been stuck."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of May 2011

Hotels near Myramar Fuengirola Hotel

Stayed at Myramar Fuengirola Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Myramar Fuengirola Hotel

• rolymole by rolymole

"bring food and drink prices down "

• Bill Blyth by Bill Blyth

"Nice apartments,let down by its location. "

• jane B by jane B

"if you go be prepared to cross 9level crossings and several busy roads to the beach which is advertised as 800mtrs away. but the staff were all very friendly and although apartment was poky it was clean. "

• ilovesunshine by ilovesunshine

"The Tea Tree English cafe on the promenade. Good food and the Ashes was on TV. "

• elaineweaver by elaineweaver

"Seafront is lovely and British (although lot of foreigner travellers), overall really good! "

• elaineweaver by elaineweaver

"EVERYONE AT THE SEAFRONT!!!!! "

• lauren by lauren

"That its a great place to be "

Myramar Fuengirola Hotel is also called