Hotel Apartamentos Pyr Fuengirola

Calle Lamo de Espinosa 10, 29640 Fuengirola Spain

Good

lovely hotel but beware of pre -buying the breakfast

"the pry hotel is perfectly situated for everything the 2 bedroomed apartment was spacious and we had a marine view the rooms were very clean in need of a little re-decoration but overall very good well furnished rooms quite a small cafe/bar for the size of the hotel swimmimg pool was very nice but very cold only complaint was that we did pay the extra for bed/breakfast as were led to belive that it was a buffet breakfast but it turned out to only be orange juice tea or coffee toast or croissant we were very dissapointed with that as we felt that we had certaingly been overcharged as we could have bought it there for half the price was a little noisy at night but we were expecting that as we were very aware of the position of the hotel but would definately go back again staff were excellent"

• Travel date: Sat 20th of October 2007

Good Value Hotel in the Heart of Fuengirols

"Hotel PYR Fuengirola

This is a large apartment style hotel block, positioned on the sea front parade opposite the marina in Fuengirola.
We had a studio apartment which came with twin beds pushed together, sofa, TV no English channels though, large fridge with freezer section and plenty of cooking utensils.

A large balcony overlooking the seafront and as much hot water as you wanted. The space was large enough for the 2 of us.

Overall the PYR is a tidy and clean environment.

The pool area is massive for a seafront hotel with over a 100 sunbeds. There are two pools one for the small children and the larger adult pool. The area was very clean and tidy and was washed down every morning. There is also a strict rule about reserving sunbeds which is enforced so not having to get up at the crack of dawn.
There is a charge of €1 per sunbed which are all in very good condition most of the sunbeds are new this season. But as with everywhere people were moaning about paying. The beach was charging €8 for 2 sunbeds and a shade so we though the pool was a very good deal. There is a lifeguard.

There is also a pool bar which opens at noon which serves a small selection of snacks and drinks. We stocked up on supplies at the supermarket as you were allowed to take your own food to the pool with no one complaining.

The hotel is spending money on refurbishment just before we arrived they had installed 4 brand new lifts. There was a few minor problems with lifts getting stuck and not arriving level with the floor but any problems were rectified quickly. We believe the landing areas were also being decorated.

Other people have complained about noise we never noticed this, could be because we were on the 8th floor.

About the area –

Closest train station is Fuengirola, the main bus station is over the road.
There is a massive supermarket about a 10 min walk heading towards Los Boliches great place to pick up supplies. There is a small supermarket over the road and next door there is a Subway sandwich shop.
There are restaurants on every street most are pretty good,
Fuengirola market is on Tuesdays which is about a 10 min walk. Worth a visit for all those knickknacks.

Two minor problems with the area.
Lookie lookie men, just say no thank you and staff who hand out flyers for pubs, I know they are just doing there jobs, but it can be annoying.

We would recommend this hotel for groups, families and couples"

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of August 2007

great holiday

"Myself, my partner and son booked this hotel with on the beach holidays.. The hotel was exactly like the pictures shown. It was clean and all staff were very helpful. Pool area was great for kids and there was a life gaurd there. the only bad bit about the pool is the wsa no lilos aloud in the water. We went self catering and stayed on the 10th floor had fab views of marina, very quite and relaxing. The resort itself is fantastic and highly recommend going to the zoo within the resort. Do not however go to the sea life centre as it was expensive and a rip off. The fish were just like the sealife centres back home. This is in beladema the resort further up. I would also recommend taking the trip to gibralter to see the wild dolphins. We payed with a tour company just for the transport and sorted our trip to the dolphins when we got there. We booked with a small boat who only allowed twelve people on it. It cost 55 english pounds and it was the highlight of the week. We had dolphins jumping in front of us. This hotel is fantastic for familys looking for a central accomadtion within a great resort. Lots for familys to do."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of August 2007

brilliant hotel

"Have just stayed for 1 week in Pyr and had agreat time. Staff helpful,rooms spotless,close to beach,shops and bars. No noise at all. One of the best apartments we have stayed in.Pool was large and had good bar. We are in our 40's and think this hotel is great for any age group. Parking is under the hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of June 2007

OK, not bad, nothing to die for, but no major complaints

"I was there 4 nights, mainly for Feria de los Pueblos, so i spent in the hotel usually just a couple of hours in the morning to early afternoon, mostly sleeping then. For this kind of stay the hotel is perfect - centrally located, on the beach, close to all entertainment and most of its guests were there for the same purpose.
A bit disappointed with breakfast. They offered only some basic sweet stuff plus cereals. If you wanted anything more, you had to pay extra (e.g. eggs on bacon). I tried breakfast once, then every other day I could not make it before 11 anyway and was eating out...
Quite nice and clean pool, used it once or twice. A bit cold water, but that did good to my hangover ;-)

Generally - hotel is ok, especially when you come here to party and sleep in the morning :-))."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of February 2007

Not for families or people who are used to sleeping....

"We stayed here for a week. The hotel is quite old and tired, however the reviews below and my opinion is quite clear.

If you are coming here for a stag or hen party, then the hotel is perfect, central, big rooms etc.

However, if you are not on the above, or wish to sleep... then DON'T stay here. We never got a decent nights sleep and this was Feb. We were awakened all hours by drunken lads running riot and the hotel management did nothing to stop it. Now, I'm not against this and have been one of those lads, but not when I'm here with a family.

The maid cleaning leaves something to be desired, I witnessed our maid wiping to loo and then the sinks with one of our hand towels... nice....

The Hotel seem to be now looking to sell off rooms to pensioners to keep there business going as they are clearly not able to build up there image any other way."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of February 2007

loved it!!!

Good

"me and a couple of mates went last summer for a weekend, everything is a 10 second walk away, london pub, linikers pub food, the beach the sea. fantastic clean hotel, eating out a must though!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of February 2007

Absolutely no complaints, brilliant holiday

Good

"Situation couldn't have been better, views fabulous, apartments clean. Staff polite and helpful. Pool clean, and clean. Separate pool for tinies, bar staff friendly. I have never spent such a relaxing holiday. Loads of walks, the beach was clean, food good at the Scotsman, just across the road practically. Wish I was at the Pyr now. Can recommend it highly."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of October 2006

Had a brilliant time!

"I have just returned from this hotel with a group of 7 of my friends on my hen party. After reading all of the reviews we were a bit nervous about going, however we had a brillaint time. The hotel staff we met were all more than helpful, booking taxis and getting the safe key etc.

The rooms were exactly as the pictures and were very clean and well presented. The views left a bit to be desired but I think that would be the case where ever you stay.

The pool was cold but also quite refreshing, as we were only there for a weekend paying for the sunbeds was not really an issue as it was only 1 Euro per day (all day).

We didn't encounter any trouble outside or around the hotel area and had a very enjoyable stay.

I would definately return to this hotel in the future."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of September 2006

Not my ideal place to stay

"Beautiful modern foyer which looks really smart and modern. However we were in the 9th floor- if you stay on the odd numbered floors you look onto the building works and the noise day and night is awful, from traffic and people shouting and yelling into the daylight!!

There is a terrible smell in the corridor on the 9th floor and also in our room. We had to buy air fresheners and scented candles to try and eleviate the smell besides airing the room as much as possible.

The pool is cold and in need of modernising. Although we were residient we had to pay for sun beds which I found a bit cheeky!

However the bedding was clean, the beds changed through the week as were the towels. The bathroom had the most awful mildew on the ceiling-which may have accounted for some of the smell.

The staff were friendly enough but we rented a safe for the week and were not offered the 3 euro return on the key-I would probably have left this as a tip would have liked to have been offered this back.

All in all it was ok BUT I wont be going back there."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of September 2006

Spent 2 weeks in Pyr, had 2 apts and boy...

"Spent 2 weeks in Pyr, had 2 apts and boys went home after one week as there was nothing in hotel, more like a retirement home.
States no pets but first thing we saw when bringing cases into room was a dog running loose on corridor, and every day after there were dogs running around(partner has a fear of dogs so this was not good)pool was not kept very clean and you have to pay for sunloungers and parasols,pool bar was rarely open and when it was very pricey, reception staff were not very pleasant.
Maintenance fitted new carpet in corridors while we were there and smell of glue was unbearable at times
Lifts were slow and during 2 week stay one lift did not work
Happy hour was drinks brought down to bar prices on the street
Also they wanted €10 per night to park rental car, location was central but noise from Linnekers went on till prob 4.30am
All in all I would NOT use this hotel again and only reccomend to old and infirm"

• Travel date: Thu 10th of July 2008

Hotels near Hotel Apartamentos Pyr Fuengirola

Stayed at Hotel Apartamentos Pyr Fuengirola? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Apartamentos Pyr Fuengirola

•  Boochere by Boochere

"Stay at the front of the hotel top floor ... might be quiet there "

Hotel Apartamentos Pyr Fuengirola is also called