Happy days

Reviewed Fri 23rd of September 2016

"I have just returned from Playa Bonita hotel and must say its was a a fabulous hotel with fabulous staff. I could not complain about anything,the food was amazing and there was something for all nationalities.freshly cooked. Lovely tasting,easy the know what was what as it had simple wording not a picture of which animal it is haha like some places do hahahah.the staff were amazing.helpful,polite,if they didn't understand u they found a member of staff that could, they sent champagne to my friend as it was her birthday the day after we arrived,they allowed my friend to take food to her room as she had slight sun stroke and felt unwell, but needed to eat, I would recommend this hotel highly, OK the room was basic but it was so clean,I'd rather cleanliness over luxury any day.. To all the staff at Playa Bonita I'd say a huge massive thank you, and the cleaning deserve medals awards even."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of September 2016

Do not stay here !

Reviewed Wed 18th of September 2013

"Location is fine . Around 20 minute bus ride into town, the bus stop right outside the hotel .
Apart from the bar staff The hotel staff are uninterested unhelpful and abrupt . The room is a 3 star at best . If they had shaved another 1/4 of an inch of the bottom of the door they could have turned the air con off !! A slight drought now and again was all we felt . The maids kept it clean and changed towels daily . We were on the 1 st floor which meant we had a great view of a couple of shed roofs .
The food was 2 star at best . Tasteless mush . Very poor !! A couple of nights it didn't even make 2 stars . Dreadful .
No towels available for the shower room when leaving , so we had to use our beach towels and pack them wet !! Reception staff were just not bothered .
Do yourself a favor and book a different hotel !!! "

• Travel date: Wed 18th of September 2013

great holiday accommodation

Reviewed Mon 4th of June 2012

"Having read reviews before we left were a bit concerned.When we arrived were pleasantly surprised.The hotel was spotlessly clean.The room we were allocated was adequate but for an extra 25Euros per night we upgraded ot a suite.Meals were on a buffet basis and the food was excellent and plentiful,the staff keeping everything fully stocked up.The staff spoke very little english but we never had any communication problems.This hotel is not central,however it is on a bus route and there is a stop at the door (both ways).The railway station is a ten minute walk away.This is uphill but is relatively easy.We would not hesitate to return here."

• Travel date: Thu 31st of May 2012

22-29th Sept 2011 enjoyable holiday for two ladies :)

Reviewed Fri 30th of September 2011

"Very recently returned from the hotel after a week away with my friend, both british (26/34). Must admit I was very worried following some reviews.

On our arrival we got our room details and checked in smoothly. The room was very bright and clean over looking the sea (all rooms have a sea view) on the top floor. The hotel is very large and although we met a number of English, many on return visits, it did cater for the Spanish, such as entertainment, and some members of staff struggled to understand us, but were still happy and polite all the same. At times we felt a little like outsiders but it is Spain and we were visiting their Country!

All areas of the hotel were clean and we witnessed a number of staff cleaning and even maintaining the outside areas (footpaths/steps to beach etc) the beach was cleaned daily as was the pool area.

We really enjoyed the food especially the puddings, we stayed all inclusive. On the bar menu for a small number of drinks there is a small charge but we didn't incur any extra bill. Crisps and tubed ice cream are also included! There is a great shop and a hairdresser (never used).

Just outside the hotel is a bus stop, although a little over crowded at times it gets you around for very little money. The train is also nearby but we had gone for a lazy week and only went out once. Outside the hotel is a round about with boat if you follow the small road you come to a couple of bars and supermarket and if you contiue round and under the bridge you will come to a kwik save supermarket. Back in the hotel if you are a smoker reception will turn on the machine for you!

We did have a couple of problems but the staff did everything to help us and we were happy with their assistance. I would return to the hotel with my husband and three children in the future.

Tips:
Reception/bar/shop/hairdresser 8th floor
Food 7th floor
indoor/outdoor Pool and gym 1st floor
(it's a lovely short walk along beach front to the pool but there is a bar including snacks)
Four lifts"

• Travel date: Fri 30th of September 2011

Gorgeous holiday.

Reviewed Tue 24th of August 2010

"I visited this hotel in october 2007 with my husband and a group of around 20 other friends. We all agreed that this hotel is beautiful. We were there for a week and i didnt want to leave. The food, altough not massively varied was tasty and well cooked. Room were faultless, all with a sea view. Pool was lovely, freezing though!! And having a private beach as you step out of the hotel door was amazing. Staff were helpful, whenever we needed them, which to be honest we didnt as everthing was taken care of. I would highly recommend this hotel. We have wanted to come back since, it has only been the cost that has stopped us."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of August 2010

first class

Reviewed Wed 26th of May 2010

"just come back from this lovely hotel what can i say everything was first class from rooms staff food the hotel was very clean food ex drinks rather than the normal local spirits ect there was a good choice of brand names all inclusive my husband and i got a taxi to the hotel it was 30 euros then later found out there is a train station just up the road from hotel so we did take a trip by train to the airport and a return fare for us both was 4euros and you could go anywhere on the train for that price we did go by train to torremolinos and another day to fengerollia the beer in torre was a bit expensive 8 euros for 2 pint of beer you must purchase a ticket before you board the train if not they can fine you for not having one so my advice dont get a taxi go by train get off at torremulle and its just down the road its only 5 mins walk hope this review is helpful to anyone staying at this hotel in the near future i know youl enjoy this hotel we did."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of May 2010

I was at this hotel for two weeks in jul...

Reviewed Sun 5th of October 2008

"I was at this hotel for two weeks in july 2006 and the staff were very friendly and helpful. They would always greet you when you entered or left the building. When we first arrived at the hotel, there were gentlemen who took our suitcases into the reception area where we then booked in. These gentlemen were always at the front door and they too would also greet us as we entered and left the building. The food was really nice for the bed and breakfast and there was a great variety in what you could have for breakfast. There were a range on age groups in the hotel too which I liked. The hotel is only 20 metres from the beach and the hotel is 13 floors. Me and my friend always went to the beach as we foung the pool to be quite small and there weren't many sunbeds either but the beach was really nice anyway. I hope others would enjoy this hotel and experience as much as I did! I didn't want to even go home!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of October 2008

This hotel isn't 4 stars. Only the accom...

Reviewed Thu 18th of September 2008

"This hotel isn't 4 stars.
Only the accomodation is a 4 star hotel. The food was almost the same during our 10 days and what wasn't eaten in the mornig came back at lunch our dinner.
The all incl has must restrictions in time. The staff speaks hardly english but is friendly.
The pool is to small and aged.

• Travel date: Thu 18th of September 2008

This hotel does not in our opinion quali...

Reviewed Sun 15th of June 2008

"This hotel does not in our opinion qualify for its 4* rating..its reception areas although clean and comfortable are very basic..the rooms are okay and the views are fabulous.
Having stayed in many 4* hotels this one was disapointing. The food was very much of a muchness and was not replenished quickly..the restaraunt is always crowded and the restaraunt staff need some 'schooling' if you are vegeterian then this is a NO GO HOTEL for you !!! The reception staff were polite and professional...the 'entertainment' was total rubbish!! (but the animation team were lovely and did their best) Benalmedina itself is reached by bus and quite a nice resort particularly the port was superb. The Playa Bonita hotel offers the local spaniards cheap weekend stays and therefore EVERY friday there is a HUGE influx of spaniards and the hotel becomes totally overcrowded and VERY noisy/..not good when you've paid to have a relaxing holiday !!! We were shocked and wondered what was happening until it was explained to us that this is a regular weekend occurance!! I would definitely go to Benalmedina again but MOST definately NOT stay at this hotel again. We found it an expensive holiday when comparing value for money hotel facility wise."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of June 2008

We had a quick week away during half ter...

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2007

"We had a quick week away during half term in October with some friends and I am extremely fussy as to where I stay but I can assure you this hotel passed all expectations.

Firstly, we are a family of 6 and normally can not find a hotel that will accommodate us but here they gave us 2 interconnecting rooms. These were great because not only were the rooms huge, clean and extremely modern and spacious but also we could keep the interconnecting door open and we had double the space. Our friends were put in the room next door so it was just so practical.

The views from all over the hotel are great. As it is built into the cliff every room has a sea view and it was just so peaceful sitting on the balcony watching everyone. I must also add that having small children I felt that the balcony was safe as it did not have railings that they could climb up, just a concrete wall (obviously they can get a chair, but we removed these to be on safe side).

The hotel beach was clean and adequate for everyone's needs, may get a bit busy in August but while we were there we practically had it to ourselves and the weather was so lovely the kids were swimming in the sea. The man-made bay of rocks are also ideal as some of the kids could do some fishing. The pool was big and spacious (although cold) and the water slides were fun for the kids. There was also a heated indoor pool that was manned by a lifeguard. We never had to fight for a sunbed or umbrella and they provided clean towels whenever you wanted them.

The food was lovely, I do not know how anyone can complain, and they must be extremely fussy. There were always at least 4 varieties of meat, freshly cooked infront of your eyes, normally 2 types of fish, again cooked fresh as well as the usual buffet items. My kids loved the pancakes that were constantly being cooked to order. They also thought of extra things such as constant fresh milk and a microwave for those with small children. I will admit that I would possibly have got fed up with the food (or eating all the food) after 2 weeks but then any buffet restaurant will be the same.

We only watched the entertainment one night and this was typical hotel style, however there were lots of seats dotted around the hotel that you could get away from this if you wanted to.

I will say that to get full benefit you do require a car. The hotel runs regular courtesy buses into either Benemedena or Torremolinos but although the nearest town is about 2 minutes in the car it would not be a reasonable walk.

Overall I will definitely be going back to this hotel as it had everything to offer us and I am sure if you decide to book you also will have a lovely time.

• Travel date: Thu 15th of November 2007

This was my husband’s 3rd visit & my f...

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2007

"This was my husband’s 3rd visit & my first & last. My husband had been with his Golfing Buddies before & he said it has gone downhill in the last year.

Accommodation is good & clean, but the evening meal was very limited in its selection. One night you could have Pork chop, Ribs, or Fried pork, great if like me you are allergic to pork; I asked for an omelette & after about 20mins got one on a small side plate that was not properly done in the middle.

They also did a lot of veal dishes, which I am afraid I will not eat on ethical grounds.

Yes, there is a courtesy bus but the information is not easy to find out. The bar prices are expensive & you are really limited to the entertainment on offer. I did not like the fact that they had a private beach, which could be used by anyone, & then they charged for using the sun beds.

What is really getting to me about going to Spain is that they advertise satellite TV but all we can get in English is normal BBC News & CCN, but they have German entertainment channels, yes I know I am holiday & should not be sitting there watching TV, but I do not want to be sitting in a Hotel Lobby/Bar or out at a Bar every night.

Still it can be fun sitting in the restaurant & watching people load their plates up with every dish on offer.

Overall I was not very happy with this Hotel although I liked the resort & will go back there gain but to a Hotel that is more central."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of October 2007

Hotel Playabonita is a fabulous hotel, e...

Reviewed Wed 3rd of October 2007

"Hotel Playabonita is a fabulous hotel, every member of staff couldn’t be more pleasant and helpful.

Food was beautiful. Bedrooms lovely with 2 huge beds and every one of them have a beautiful sea view. Whole hotel spotlessly clean. A bit out of the way but they run courtesy buses about 5 times a day and the service bus stop to go to Benalmadena or Torremollinos, right at the door across the road to go to Fuengirola so no problem.

The only thing I would complain about is there are far too many loungers at the small terraced area of the outdoor pool, that didn’t really bother us being a middle aged couple but if we had kids with us I think it would have.

We used the private beach and didn’t mind paying 4.50 euros for loungers there but they badly need upgrading, the pads were dirty and torn. All in all we would certainly go back to this hotel.

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of October 2007

Hotels near Palladium Hotel Costa del Sol

Top traveller tips for Palladium Hotel Costa del Sol

• channie by channie

"first class hotel you wont be dissapointed "

• mel1289 by mel1289

"fabulous holiday and highly recommended "

• Merv and sue by Merv and sue

"Move to a different hotel . "

• Diamond C by Diamond C

"Don't change a thing!!! Your staff are so welcoming on reception day and night.... "

Palladium Hotel Costa del Sol is also called