MedPlaya Hotel Bali

Avda Telefonica 7, 29630, Benalmadena Spain

Very Nice - No problems

Good

"February 26th to March 4th 2006. The public area's of this hotel are fantastic and the food is outstanding. The rooms are basic but clean and there is a maid who visits daily to tidy up a bit and make your bed for you. My ONLY quibble about the whole holiday was the locks on the doors - they are an old fashioned yale type keey and lock that do not instill confidence when you leave. If you have anything of value I would hire a safety deposit box JUST IN CASE. I must add that there were NO break-ins or any trouble of any description whilst we were there. If like us you do not want to go out every night then ask at reception for a remote control for the TV (it is a 10 euro deposit which you get back). Also, a travel kettle and drink making ingerdients wouldn't go amiss (and it will save you money). The hill isn't that bad!!!! The area is gorgeous, especially the harbour. Three more things - 1) Go and see The Rat Pack show 10/10, 2)Go on the cable cars - horse and falconry show plus outstanding views of the Cost Del Sol 10/10, 3) Visit The Elefante Club, (turn left out of the hotel & it's 50m up on the right) every night there is entertainment and music for EVERYONE 10/10. One week just wasn't enough - We will definitely be going back."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of March 2006

its great!!!!!!!!

"the bali hotel i would recommend to everyone its great the hill is a bit bad but not much as i have been to much worst i go to the bali every march and its never let me down its very clean and the service is great the staff are very friend to the kids one guy behind the bar kept on calling my little girl pocohantos the have two rooms which are joined to reception its a quiet room used to read a novel or chill out the food is great i have been goin there for 29 years and have never heard of one case of foood poison the apartments are abosoulouty out of this world the entertasintment is great aswell the do trips aswell and the are great if you do go i would recommend you to take a little tour a round the hotel there is church service on a sunday down at the basement for all religeons i think its great for everyone so i hope you enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 15th of March 2006

room theft, muggings etc

Good

"lovely area but many problems. quite a few rooms at the bali were robbed although no signs of forced entry. nearly everyone knew of someone who had been robbed. my partner was mugged, 3 lovely older ladies were robbed at knifepoint during the day. i could go on and on. reception staff just seemed to think of it as the norm. always a police car parked at the bali, even the local bar owners were warning us this was an everyday occurence. we still enjoyed our stay in benalmadena but please be warned to be on your guard."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of February 2006

not bad

"very nice hotel on a steep hill ,but not as bad as we thought it was going to be.
but prob the heat in the summer makes it feel a lot worse on the tail end of walk back from beach ect.
room a good size ,clean maid every day but sunday.
system is if you leave towels on bathroom floor maid will leave clean ones.
hallways could use a hoover more often
food exellent ,have to wait for a table most times but worth it.
we had a look arround the studio blocks and was not very impressed with the long coridors and condition of the blocks,seemed a bit prison like to me.
so if i was going back wich i would do someday it would have to be at half/b cant think of anything else pretty place but i prefer torromolinos myself,take in a local bus trip to mijas in the mountains it was lovely also all goods were of a better quility"

• Travel date: Fri 27th of January 2006

Great family holiday at the Bali & Benalmadena

"We stayed at the Bali Hotel the week leading up to Christmas and left late Christmas Day.
Firstly this "Cardiac Hill" outside the hotel was extremely exaggerated! I agree it might pose a slight problem for the disabled or elderly but we found it no problem at all. Our 20 month old Son even walked it no problem so don't let this so called steep hill put you off. (A bit of exercise to get the heart rate up does no harm anyway).
The hotel itself was nice from the outside and the reception area was modern and spacious. The staff were very helpful and spoke english. Our room was average, it could probably benefit from a fresh coat of paint but that didn't stop it being comfortable. It was cleaned daily and the maids were friendly and efficient. We had a nice view of the sea.
The restaurant was very clean and the staff helpful. We found the food excellent, much better than expected. Mornings served breakfasts for all tastes and the evening meal had a lovely salad bar, numerous choice of main meal and a lovely sweet bar.
To be honest we didn't see any evening entertainment but I heard from other guests it was very good.
The area of Benalmadena itself is lovely, the Port was outstanding and we thoroughly enjoyed a cable car ride to see the eagles 700meters above sea level up to the mountains. What a view!
We visited Paloma Park every day which the children loved. It's free and has chickens, ducks, rabbits, peacocks and many other animals walking around free in the park. There is also 2 parks for the kids.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay at the Bali Hotel. The only complaint is that we're non-smokers and found the reception in particular very smokey so that was off putting. There is only 2 very small rooms sealed off to non-smokers which was disappointing. Also no childrens club or entertainment this time of year which we were not told about.
I would recommend the Bali Hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of January 2006

I did not know the these things about Bali Hotel

"I did not know the these things about Bali Hotel in Benalmadena when I booked a week on half board basis in January 2006 with Thomson.

No drinks are included with the meals, bottle of water costs euro 1.40.

Safety deposit box costs euro 2.00 a day if you want one.

Refrigerator costs euro 4.00 a day if you want one.

Even though it was a package holiday the guests were left without room for 6 hours. Check-out time was at 11.00 and bus to airport for 20.30 flight departure left at 17.20. One could rent a room for 6 hours by paying euro 25.00 but they did not give me one because "the hotel is full".

My trip was for single person and I was given a room with a double bed. This room would be quite small for two persons. Distances between the bed and the walls were 2', 2' and 4'. This was in Playa building (room numbers starting with 2) I did not see the rooms in the two other buildings, Med and Excelsior.

Sound proofing was poor, TV from adjacent rooms bothered me a little.

TV reception was poor on most channels.

One could see into my room from adjacent balconies and I to their rooms. (This is not the case in Med and Excelsior buildings).

There was quite bit of traffic noise. The building is about 100 meters from the busy main coastal road (many hotels in Benalmadena are located next to this road though).

The hotel was very full. Vast majority of the quests were senior citizens, Spanish and English, with programs like Young at Heart Holidays, Mundo Senior and Servicios Sociales. English speaking doctor came to the hotel every day at 11.00 and Spanish speaking one at 16.00. In the evening they danced at the Main Bar to Rock Around the Clock. This gave the place Hotel California like feeling "We haven't had that spirit here since 1969", "You can check out any time you like...""

• Travel date: Tue 10th of January 2006

ever year we come back -cant beat bali hotel

"For the past 4 years me and my family go back to hotel bali, we have been so much the staff all know us.We have just booked for next year it i suitable for us, the entertainment is great,kids club the best gives me and my husband a bit of peace. .The only thing we would not recommend is booking trips from hotel reps you can go over the road and it is alot cheeper.All the staff rare really helpful and this is why we go back each year. c mckenna dagenham essex"

• Travel date: Thu 5th of January 2006

Don't go with Thomsons

"The Hotel could do with a good lick of paint, the hotel staff were polite and at most times helpful, however the Thomson holiday reps were rude and were not bothered, one had my wife crying through her rudeness.
The hill is overstated, I am slightly disabled but did not find it a problem.

Would not go again due to the reps we encountered, a complaint has gone in to Thomsons, am awaiting a result on that one."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of December 2005

A Super Hotel

Good

"We stayed at the Bali for 11 nights in october 2005. The hotel was clean and well maintained. I have not had better food in a five star. It was well presented and always a good selection.All the staff were helpful and seemed happy to be of assistance. We have no young children but there seemed to be a good childrens club. We went out most evenings as we have friends who live in Benalmadena but the evening entertainment programme looked very good. A good base as near to beach Marina etc. It is on a steep hill but it is only a hundred yard to the bottom. Would go back again.
Chris & Mick (59)"

• Travel date: Sat 15th of October 2005

The best hote we have ever stayed in

"My wife and I stayed at the hotel Bali,Benalmedena between the 18th of September and the 2nd of October 2005 and we couldn,t fault the place.
The staff are very friendly and helpful and always willing to help.
The food was excellent,always a very good selection of beautifully prepared meals with something for everyone and waiters always on hand to offer help.
The room was more than adequate and kept very clean by the daily maid who was always smiling.
Overall it is a great hotel which caters for all tastes,I have seen comments about the queues at mealtimes,we never had to queue for very long and in any case,where can you go without queuing nowadays.
We loved the hotel and will have no hesitation in returning for another visit.
Use the Bali and enjoy."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of October 2005

last minute holiday

"Booked this last minute holiday for new year 2015. Arrived at the hotel, found the reception staff friendly,helpful,and efficient,the restaurant stayed open for people arriving on the late flights.only booked a single room but was allocated on arrival a studio apt which was very spacious,clean, with a good view from the balcony,at no extra charge. Food at all meals was varied ,well cooked and to a very high standard,in a spotlessly clean restaurant. Entertainment in the evening was varied and excellent.Staff worked hard to provide a superb service for all guests.The New Year gala dinner was wonderful and the chefs must have worked very hard to produce such a sumptuous banquet. the only downside to the holiday was the lack of manners on the part of some Spanish and English guests,they seemed to push in at every opportunity,and thought that mealtimes were a chance to grab food,like there was a food shortage,but this was not the fault of the hotel,unfortunately there are rude people everywhere in the world.Apart from this one thing ,i can sum this hotel in five words. Superb! Superb!Superb!Superb! I Shall Return.........."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of July 2016

Home from Home

"Just got back from the Bali after a wonderful 2 week holiday. It may be 3 star but offered 4/5 star. Our room was bright, modern with good furnishings, spotless, the bathroom was roomy and spacious. the rooms were cleaned daily, also the bed made each day, and the towels changed . The food at all mealtimes were excellent, offering something for every appetite and palette, plenty to choose from, all freshly cooked. All the staff were really helpful and were very professional, the dining room was kept very clean, the kitchen and dining room staff worked very hard The entertainment was different each evening, something for families and adults alike. The only downside was the location, the hotel is at the top of a hill, we are fit and in our late sixties, we found it a moderate climb, but this would not deter in returning, its to be greatly recommended, so glad we stayed, excellent value for money"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of November 2012

Hotels near MedPlaya Hotel Bali

Stayed at MedPlaya Hotel Bali? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for MedPlaya Hotel Bali

• "good winter holiday as the temp in jan was about 15deg "

• "banaza square and ibanesa square for cheap food and drink (not sure how to spell these) "

• thornbird_ukuk by thornbird_ukuk

"tatty rubbish hire a car go off beaten track "

• Sunshine Sam by Sunshine Sam

"See the marina at nightime lit up and visit Torremolinos and the old town "

• l.cole by l.cole

"marina is lovely lots to do !! "

• l.cole by l.cole

"fenguerola zoo ,selwo marina ,paloma park . "

• Borowayne by Borowayne

"Lovely park, great weather, good selection of bars "

• Borowayne by Borowayne

"Blue beacon down at beach makes massive cocktails "

• anonymous by anonymous

"Take plenty of sun cream!!! "

• katie by katie

"fantastic for family entertainment "

• marcscooby by marcscooby

"Enjoyed it had a nice time with my young family "

• B NWUK by B NWUK

"Overall, a nice cheap base for exploring the surrounding area "

• Torquay 7 by Torquay 7

"Good Basic Hotel centrally located "

• C Brooker by C Brooker

"Great Value ; you will put on pounds ! "

• topdog by topdog

"stay at another hotel "

• bratty by bratty

"Do not go all inclusive "

• Christopher L by Christopher L

"be fit its up a steep hill "

• George W by George W

"Just go and relax by the pool and go out and about "

• bernie01 by bernie01

"Use the local buses to get to Fuengiroli, and Torremelinos, go to Gibralter "

• Robert J by Robert J

"get to mealtimes early "

MedPlaya Hotel Bali is also called