Above average hotel

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"Overall, an above average hotel that we would recommend.

We arrived just too late for dinner, but unlike a previous reviewer we did not get anyVIP treatment. We were advised that we could buy a sandwich at the bar, and if our plane was delayed going home we could get dinner then instead! (Unlikely since our departure was mid-morning...).

We were given a very small cramped room with no balcony. To be fair, when we complained later we were given an excellent room (with balcony) on the sixth floor , without demur.

Food was the usual half-board fare - the breakfasts were very good, the dinners much more hit-or-miss. On the last night we dined out - there are plenty of very good restaurants around patronised by Spanish people.

Entertainment included a flamenco show which we enjoyed and on another evening the usual part-time singer/instrumentalist who was on for 30 minutes and off for 20 (or it might have been the other way round).

The great plus about this hotel is the staff - extremely pleasant, friendly and efficient, with very good English.

We would recommend this hotel for anyone who is prepared for half-board catering. We certainly enjoyed our holiday in Benalmadena"

• Travel date: Tue 25th of September 2007

Outstanding

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"Arrived late at night and the staff had a buffet meal waitng for us in the restaurant , we were amazed. It was all wrapped up in cling film and contained 3 courses, with drinks. For what we had paid we couldn't believe the service. Location is first class, right infront of the beach and our large 2+2 room had the most stunning seaview. The entertainment was varied and fun and the staff were wonderful. My parents were staying in a nearby hotel but they never wanted to leave ours. On our last night we got the terrible news of a close family bereavement, somehow the staff were made aware of this and they were so sensitive and helpful refusing to let us pay for coffee or drinks at the bar until we managed to get our flight home. We often stay in 5* hotels and are really fussy but I can thoroughly recommend this hotel it's a little gem. x"

• Travel date: Fri 31st of August 2007

Just back from a most enjoyable stay at...

Reviewed Fri 6th of July 2007

"Just back from a most enjoyable stay at Las Arenas Hotel.

My husband & I ended up in a room at the front, which I was a bit apprehensive about at the start, due to the road noise, but found that we quickly became used to it & didn't mind at all, even though we live in the country. The view made it all worthwhile.

The food was excellent & the staff were brilliant, especially Micky (woman) who worked in the dining room & who always had a smile for everyone.

The Hotel is ideally placed nearer the south end of the resort which is about a 10min walk from the busier marina end where most of the pubs & clubs are situated.

The pool area is not very big but as the beach is just over the road it's not that important.

There is lots to do in & around Benalmadena & I wouldn't hesitate to go back to the hotel or the area."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of July 2007

I have just returned from Las Arenas hot...

Reviewed Sun 3rd of June 2007

"I have just returned from Las Arenas hotel where we had a very pleasant stay. It is, however not 4 star material!

Everywhere is bright and welcoming; the bedrooms were big enough and were cleaned thoroughly every day.

The food is of a high standard, one of the best breakfasts I've ever had but the tables are very close together, and you have to wait to be seated and can end up on a different table each night!

The pool is not very big in proportion to the hotel and the sunbeds are quickly snapped up. We didn't stay in for the entertainment but I understand there were flamenco shows a parrot show and the usual type of entertainment.

There were a lot of elderly guests so we had no problems with rowdiness!

Our flight was delayed, we missed the evening meal and a platter of cold meats, salad and water had been left for us in the dining room which I thought was a lovely gesture.

Las Arenas is a lovely, friendly hotel but I don't think I will ever return as the road outside is so busy and when you are on the patio or on your balcony, all you can here is the traffic, emergency services and horns papping."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of June 2007