Hotel Best Triton

Avda Antonio Machado 29, 29630, Benalmadena Spain

It was lovely

"We stayed here in November and despite being a little concerened about some of the reviews we read we had a lovely time.
Yes the staff could have smiled a bit more but after a few days they were fine once they'd gotton to know you. The only problem I had personally was with the lifts, they were so small. The glass fronted ones were much better.
The room was clean, the pool and gardens lovely and best of all it was peaceful!
We'd deffinately stay there again."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of December 2006

Loved It!

Good

"I am a travel agent and after pouring through many brochures decided on the Triton. I was worried after reading some reviews but cannot see what people are moaning about.
The room we was allocated was large, modern and clean
with daily maid service. The pools were excellent however we did often find it hard to get a sunbed if you came down after 10am.
I stayed on a half board basis and thought there was a very good choice of food both for breakfast and evening meal. For me the best asset of the hotel was its location you can walk straight out the hotel gate to the seafront promenade, if you turn left this takes you to the marina there are some very nice bars and restaurants here but you pay over the odds due to the location, we tended to turn right out of the gate and walk for about 5 miuntes along the promenade this brings you to a long row of restaurants all of which have outdoor grills built into the promenade wall, the food
here was excellent and good value for money especially if you like seafood.
Without a doubt i would return back to Benalmadena and this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of October 2006

Nice Nursing Home

Good

"This hotel is well located,just 5 mins walk to the marina.The rooms are clean and in general the staff are quite good.Some rooms which are annexed from the main hotel are quite a distance from the reception(not recommended).Two main faults with hotel are the gate to the beach and prom was open to the public all day,not good for security of rooms.Also I would not recommend this hotel to anybody under 50,bingo at night etc etc."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of October 2006

Lovely, highly recommended!!

"We have just returned from a 7-night stay (Honeymoon) at the Hotel Triton and after reading some previous reviews, I was a little dubious about what I would discover at the hotel. Well, what can I say.....I needn't have worred at all!! Our room was huge and had a lovely view of the pool area and sea front. The staff in all areas where polite and courteous - I found it impossible to find these "rude" people referred to in previous reviews.

The food in the hotel was adequate with plenty of choice, although we did eat out a couple of times in the nearby town of Fuingerola (fish alley) - highly recommened.

The hotel itself was in an excellent location on the sea front and a few minutes walk from the beautiful marina. Also it's a must to visit the little square at the side of the hotel - it's so quaint!!

All in all we had a perfect honeymoon at the Triton hotel and would definatley stay here again."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of October 2006

Nice Hotel

Good

"We have just returned from 5 days @ the Triton & after reading some reviews I was a little surprised but some folk want the world for there money.

We stayed on the 3rd floor at the front of the hotel & sometimes it was a little noisey with the traffic & late night party people but it was not a problem to us as we never got in most nights to gone 3am.

The room was of a good sizee & had 2 queen size beds joined together & I managed to get lost in it twice.

there was plenty of wardrobe space & one had a free safe fitted for your use.
The bathroom was also a good size with shower ,bath,bidet &washbasins.

There was a mini bar but as in most hotels they seem to charge the earth for a drink.

The pool complex is a good size with two pools on the beach front ,the gardens were also nice.

I can't tell you about the breakfast as I never made it in time.

Overall I found the rooms of above standard clean & tidy & seeeing we only paid £58.00 per night B&B per room I thought it was a bargain."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of September 2006

Triton is great value for the money!

Good

"We have just returned from the Triton and it was our honeymoon. We booked through a holiday website company and told them we were on honeymoon. They said that they would inform the Triton as we wanted a sea view room. Upon arrival I asked if we could have an upgrade but the receptionist said that we had a great room. He was right! Sea view on the 5th floor.The room was very nice, with large balcony, aircon. Clean with basic bathroom. We were very impressed with the pools and sunbathing area. For a busy hotel there was always somewhere to bathe at anytime of the day. We were on a half board basis. The food was fine, but may become a bit repetative if you were there for two weeks. On the whole I feel the Triton is a good 4 star hotel and very good value for money. It is in a good location, close to the beautiful marina and local bars and restaurants. We would go back to Benalmadena and the TRITON again without hestiation."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of September 2006

Don't be put off.

Good

"Having taken notice of previous reviews of the Triton I would like to make my observations having returned at the end of July after a week in the hotel. Prior to leaving I requested a high floor in the hotel , not the annexe. No problem with reception on arrival, the two ladies were polite and efficient. The room allocated ,was on the 4th floor, overlooking a small fountained square surrounded with half a dozen bars. The noise was from talk and really no more. The room was tidy, parque effect flooring, good air conditioning, bright bathroom , wardrobe space, good size safe,fridge t.v. all in a good size room. What this hotel has got in its favour is its sizeable gardens, nicely kept with 4 pools and plenty of space for the beds and kids to have a run. Mostly Spanish families in the hotel but met many nationalities. Direct access to the prom, via garden security gate which is great if your having a night out on the front,straight back up the steps and your back in the hotel grounds. The marina is approx a 10 minute walk. The food is buffet and also show cooking, all of a good standard. Can get a bit hectic around the show cooking but nothing too bad. The Triton is not a luxury resort but it does tick a lot of boxes, and if you can manage to end up in a nice room it certainly has more pluses than negatives. I have certainly stayed in far worse 4 star hotels. We both liked it. p.s. Try the bar at the bottom of the steps, the staff are great and its good for people watching,.Enjoy!"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of August 2006

Great location and pool area - service not up to scratch

Good

"We have just returned from a week long break at this hotel which has several really great things going for it but is badly let down by the service in alot of areas.
We booked a total of 5 rooms for a party of 11 people, there was alot of confusion on arrival as to when the rooms would be ready , when we eventually were allocated rooms 2 were very dirty ( 1 with a leaking toilet- when my husband pointed out the problems to the housekeeper she went away and never came back!) and 1 overlooked the tattoo parlour. To their credit the latter was changed straight away and we were promised changes for the other two the next day. When we asked reception about changing the following day they denied they had agreed to do this but after some persuasion moved us to the 4th floor were the rooms were huge, very clean and really well appointed. We didn't have any more room issues after moving as the housekeeping on this floor was excellent.

The food is good with lots of choice but the dining room gets very busy at 7pm with lots of queues, we chose to eat later, about 8.30 to avoid this but some of the food is quite cold by this time. The big problem in the dining room is the attitude of some of the staff. We were served by 3 different staff, the young man was very helpful and was very friendly, the 2 older ladies were almost rude in the way they slammed the bottles of water and wine down onto the table, I can understand that they are very busy but it doesn't cost anything to smile!

The pool area is lovely and very well kept with plenty of sunbeds, there are pool towels in the room which is very handy plus the beach is literally just outside the back gate.
We were able to allow the kids ( ages 12-17) to go off and do their own thing during the day as they could walk to the marina quite safely or go to the beach.

Tivoli and the Aqua Park are just a bus ride away plus we took a bus to Fuengirola to shop at the Parque Miramar which is a large mall, fully air conditioned and a nice break from the hot sun and traffic in the town.

There is a lovely square at the back of the hotel called Plaza Ole were there are some really nice bars and cafes, we spent several evenings at the Irish Rover Bar which was very friendly.

All in all we enjoyed our stay as we didn't let the staff issues get us down but this hotel could be a 100% better if these issues were dealt with as the organisation on reception is dire!"

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of June 2006

Excellant Hotel But !

"Stayed at the Triton end of April 06, Food was excellant and plenty of. Great location, down steps to beach, and only a few minutes walk from Marina, bars, shops.
The grounds and swimming pool areas are excellant with a great choice of where you can sit and sunbathe. Room was very nice. Good entertainment most days. Make sure you see the Flamenco show at the hotel.

The buts ! the staff are not very friendly and be very careful with your drink order at dinner or drinks put on your room bill, they have a habit of slipping a few extra charges on. They have the minimum staff on duty at the dinner and breakfast times the service is not good, and this also wasone of the reasons for additional charges as the staff are overworked and errors on paperwork like the bill happen all too easy. Poor TV channel choices for English speaking. Only CNN and ESPN available, nice if you like world news and world sport only

But overall the hotel is great value for money and is in a great location."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of April 2006

Triton still has a few problems.

"My wife and I spent our 10 night holiday at the Triton Hotel in early April 2006, not the busiest of periods I might add. However, mealtimes in the restaurant where somewhat chaotic, a rather hit and miss affair, due to a lack of organization and barely adequate waiting skills. Standing in long queues for eggs at breakfast and freshly cooked meats at dinner proved to be the most frustrating part of mealtimes, not one I wish to repeat again.
Rooms were fine but I would suggest one which overlooks the pool area as rooms nearest the main road are very noisy and have a poor outlook.
This hotel overall is okay however, but could be so much better with a little more thought and consideration for its guests by some senior members of staff."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of April 2006

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL HOTEL.

"The location of this lovely hotel is right on the beach and accessible to all amenities, bus stops to almost anywhere. gardens and pools and sun beds great, walk out the gate of the hotel straight onto promenade and beach, nice walk to marina where there are lots of shops and very pretty with little cafe bars where lovely to sit and watch the world go by, beautiful room on 7th floor 738 facing south so sun all day on balcony, so clean and modern and quiet, all the lounges were so comfortable with lovely settees and easy chairs everywhere, in the bar where the entertainment was in the evening was a very nice place to spend the evening, we found all the entertainment each evening very good, singers and groups excellent, flamenco on first night not too impressive but can't have things 100% all the time, some people may have liked it. The staff at the desk were very helpful and spoke reasonably good English so no problem communicating. The food was presented beautifully with so much choice, however fussy you are there was plenty to choose from. New Years eve the hotel made such an effort but somehow we would personally have preferred a buffet style menu, don't want to sound ungrateful because what they did was excellent and included a free bar all evening too, this was all included in the price of the holiday so to the management I give 10 out of 10."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of January 2014

Highly Recomend

Good

"Just back from a weeks holiday at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised at the standard of the hotel,its great location is hard to beat,large spacious rooms with both sea and pool views were very much appreciated. very clean and comfortable,and mostly helpful and attentive staff. meals were not bad,have had as good if not better at some three star hotels, but on the whole the food was well presented and plentiful. There is a nice spa and gym with all the modern facilities and friendly staff. Would definently return here for another holiday."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of February 2009

Hotels near Hotel Best Triton

Stayed at Hotel Best Triton? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Best Triton

• pauline100 by pauline100

"Although the annexe of the hotel is good, it is much nicer in the actual hotel, "

• scoobster50 by scoobster50

"Pinochio Italian restraunt,Jacks American Diner, Marina sightseeing "

Hotel Best Triton is also called