Piscina principal

A lovely Christmas and New Year

Reviewed 6th January 2014

"We stayed at th eSiroco for Christmas and New Year having stayed the same period last year.What a lot of work has been done to the hotel,still in progress but did not bother any guests.The rooms were spotless,the staff fantastic and the food was very good.The only complaint I had was the menu for the New Year gala meal,I am a fussy eater and there was nothing except the bread roll and the sweet course I could eat,my fault not the hotels,everybody else enjoyed it.Hope to go back again this summer or Christmas again."

• Travel date: 6th January 2014

Total Disappointment !!

Reviewed 12th July 2011

"just got back from the hotel siroco in benalmadena-what a big disappointment!I have stayed in many of the hotels in this area and wanted to stay in this one as it has a central location.I was aware that it was a 3 star,so that is all I was expecting.In my opinion & others in my party,the hotel didn't even come close to anything like other 3 star hotels that we had stayed in.I booked a family room for myself,husband & 7 year old son.There was only 2 beds in the room,& 2 pillows.I complained & was told that this was actually a room meant for 4 adults!I had to share with my son as the beds were both smaller than my double bed at home.I also felt that the glass in the balcony was certainly not suitably safe for a child to be near,as everytime I opened the sticky door,the glass rattled in the frame. the hotel staff-well everything was too much trouble for them to deal with.The maids were only leaving enough towels for 2 people even though they knew that there was 3 of us in the room.When I asked several times for the towels,I had to wait until they were ready to give them to us.Most of the towels had definately seen better days-I think they were originally white! To sum it up in a rather humungous nutshell,the hotel was extremely tired & in need of a revamp,(they could use the money that they are saving by keeping the lights off in the corridors which made it dark & unsafe!)the jacuzzi didn't work,the food was very greasy & practically ineddible,the only air con in the hotel was in the rooms which meant that the mosquitoes were the only ones who ate well,the staff were rude,arrogant & not interested in the service industry & treating all guests the same! On a final note,if you hire a car the hotel charge you who have paid over the odds to stay there in the first place to use the car park! "

• Travel date: 7th July 2011

I’m glad that I didn’t stay longer than a week

Reviewed 31st January 2011

"The reception staff at the Siroco were generally a surly crew. The first and only time I saw any of them smile was on the last day, when my transfer bus didn’t show up: a state of affaires that they clearly found hilarious. The room was reasonably clean, but it had a shabby, well-worn look about it. The ancient plumbing system produced an unfortunate condition whereby the drainage of the bath and the hand basin were somehow interdependent. The noise when someone next door took a shower or flushed the toilet was extremely loud. The best aspect of the Siroco is its large, very mature and exotic garden. Its worst aspect, apart from the unfriendly staff and the dilapidated and noisy rooms, is the stampede at breakfast for the usual congealed fatty ‘bacon’, the ‘sausages’ that taste like iodine, the solid fried eggs, and the overcrowded seating arrangements. Thank goodness for the many nearby British run places where one can enjoy a proper English breakfast. In short, if this is a three-star hotel, I would not like to experience a two-star establishment. "

• Travel date: 28th January 2011

the truth

Reviewed 21st September 2010

"We have just arrived back from the Siroco. Before we left we read some of the reviews and were dreading what we would find. The hotel was spotless, the staff were very friendly, if you spoke to them, and the food was great but cool but remember YOU ARE IN SPAIN and they like food in a different way than we Brits. The superior rooms were large with two queen beds, free fridge and payable safe. If you are looking for value for money then stay at this hotel and read only the good reviews. "

• Travel date: 20th September 2010

Basic Hotel - Good Value

Reviewed 2nd June 2010

"We were dreading the stay after most reports from others........(in fact we had even contacted the company we booked through to see if we could change to another hotel!)The hotel was basic but adequate for what we paid for it, if you want a budget holiday then this hotel is fine. The food is buffet style that you can help yourself to, so usually something for all tastes ..... We were not ill there as some others had previously reported (we had half board). The hotel staff were all polite and the room was cleaned daily. I would not stay there again, not because there is anything wrong with the hotel but would prefer a higher graded hotel with a few more extras, ie, mini bar or fridge in room, slightly bigger room."

• Travel date: 30th May 2010

Enjoyed my holiday:-)

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"I have just returned after a stay at the Siroco Hotel. Initially I was not happy, I was allocated a double room, next to a noisy lift, opposite the bars, no sun. I asked to be moved, they implied as I was a single traveller, they were fully booked. I then asked the rep, the next day, I was moved to a nicer quieter room, which had sun from 3pm. So I was a lot happier. Food was absolutely lovely, with a great deal of choice. Apart from the normal buffet food, which looked appetising, with lots of choice, Every night the chef cooked a meat and a fish on a skillet in front of you. Every morning, freshly cooked crepes were also offered. For a fussy eater like me, it was great. The pools were nice, and there were always sunbeds available, despite selfish people of all nationalities keeping beds for themselves, whilst they went off somewhere. La Paloma park nearby is a must to visit, it has climbing frames for the kiddies, a large lake, the park has peacocks, chickens, rabbits running about, and areas to look at small animals. It also has two free, small open air gyms."

• Travel date: 17th May 2010

good holiday

Reviewed 27th April 2010

"I would like to say that the sirrco hotel was good. My wife & I went half board. There were just a couple of faults with the hotel. The breakfast was typical spanish, very oily but evening meals were good. There was susposed to be satalite tv in theroom but only one channel was in english which was bbcworld news. The pool area was nice. There were plenty of bars and the marina is fantastic. overall hoiliday 7/10"

• Travel date: 25th April 2010

THE WORST SIROCO HOTEL

Reviewed 1st February 2010

"We stay at the hotel siroco from 3 Jan - 17 Jan 2010, we found that the food was both of poor quality and at best very dangerous due to the lack of heat in prepared food , along with the habit of mixing newly cooked food with old remnants both would cause Bacteria to thrive and cause illness. The restaurant manager wasnt interested even when confronted with a butter pack that had mould growing in it along with dirty plates that had meant to be washed. We even wrote to the hotel manager whilst we were there but have never had a reply . First Choice who we used to book had to get there rep to spot check the food and was told to go away and not interfere. We most certainly wouldnt stay there again as the chance of being given bad food is very high."

• Travel date: 31st January 2010

Good at the price.

Reviewed 16th December 2009

"My Wife and I have just returned from a fortnight’s holiday at the Siroco Hotel - half board. The hotel is a little rundown in parts but the service was first class, reception was friendly, and the cleaning ladies were there every day with clean linen and made the beds and cleaned the floors every day. The food was good with plenty of variety both at breakfast and dinner, although the vegetables were often cold and not cooked properly but there is plenty of salad and cold meats to be had. All in all, I think we got a very good holiday for the money we paid, it’s a three star hotel and that’s what we got, if you are looking for something better then you’ll have to pay for it. "

• Travel date: 16th December 2009

wet

Reviewed 30th October 2009

"We booked this hotel after being told this was a good hotel, However the flight was delayed for 4 hours, we arrived at the hotel at 23.10, by the time we booked in and got our room,it was late, just caught the last drink at the hotel, whilst sitting around the bar area we got bitten by mozzies, lots of times, these turned into bad bites, their is a large pond that you have to walk past several times a day and the mozzies are always their, anyway the room that we were given was small and shabby and the aircon constanly spat water at us and the floor was always wet, the aircon made a very loud buzzing noise so It was very hard to sleep, good job I took ear plugs, this eased the noise, however the husband and son had to suffer, We complained to the hotel and rep, the said they would fix this, they said they did, the water kept on coming and the aircon kept on buzzing, so we complained again this went on for 3 days, eventually they moved us after the whole of the room was soaking wet, they moved us to a superior room, massive,fridge all mod cons, when we walked down the corridor this was filled with spanish people, just goes to show that they look after their own. We had one night at 3.30am that some kids were banging on door along the corridor, 1 was ours, I chased them and they were spanish kids around 6 of them looking 12-15 years old, we complained along with several other people the reception just brushed it off, I wonder why, The food was ok, a little repetative, the breakfast was horrible always full of grease and cold, the hotel staff were ok some chatted and smiled but not many. I would say that the holiday was ok, but would not rush back to this hotel, would go if I was given or won a free holiday to here."

• Travel date: 29th October 2009

We paid for half board you would not hav...

Reviewed 29th September 2008

"We paid for half board you would not have to eat out in the evenings The sirroco was well maintained. the staff were polite and the room was cleaned early each day most people who stayed there were very happy with their holiday! The food was great in the restaurants and very varied. The down points were that the tv had limited coverage no sky and many stations were not in english, the entertainment at night and day let the hotel down it was very poor. "

• Travel date: 29th September 2008

just returned from 2 weeks stay at the s...

Reviewed 15th September 2008

"just returned from 2 weeks stay at the sirocco, hotel was very clean, room adequate maid service exellent clean towels every day, food in the hotel was exellent espicially evening meal always something to suit everyones taste the salads were lovely. breakfast can be a bit of a drag when you have to que for a table seems like the whole of benalmadena in there some mornings ate out on a few occasions. The car park if you can call it that is a joke and its a wonder no ones been mowed down, its just not big enough for size of hotel. The resort itself is ok a bit tatty in places marina is beautiful.Wouldn`t recommend going here if you have limited mobility or a wheelchair user as the paths are a nightmare saw at least 10 people whist we were there with broken arms or legs were they had trippped and fell, public paths are in desperate need of renewing. Torremollinos is a bit flatter and better for walking, the promonade is very nice and you can walk quite a way in each direction and this is suitable for less mobile visitors. The bus service is very good and cheap we went to Mijas (breathtaking) well worth a visit , and Fuengirola thought was a bit scruffy went to markets in benelmadena and Fuengirola both good for bargains got the usual bag and shoes what we girls have to have, looky looky men are comical wouldn`t be the same without them we had some laughs with them and became friends, some good bars close to the hotel lots of irish bars we went to The Mad Ass across road very nice friendly pub also if your into tribute bands The Elefante round coner up hill we had a good time here and saw Westlives, Rod Stewart and Freddy Mercury. Went to Palome Park this is lovely if you have small children dosn`t cost a penny and there are chickens and peacocks and rabbits roaming free, there is also a big lake with carp and turtles in so take some bread to feed the fish the lake has a hedge all the way round so it is safe to let your little ones run free. Well i hope this review is helpful we did enjoy ourselves and hope the bad points don`t put you off just be careful of the pavements."

• Travel date: 15th September 2008

Hotels near Hotel Best Siroco

Top traveller tips for Hotel Best Siroco

• by David H

"Use the bus service,cheap and reliable."

• by tomma

"give the hotel a miss & the surrounding area as the street cleansing has gone downhill over the last 7 years"

• by etilley

"Yes - if they want a budget holiday."

• by gemstar

"yes, but check room before unpacking."

• by coincake

"Dont stay at the siroco"

• by angie/emma/olly

"Belalmadena is a great place, just make sure you book the right Accommodation"

Hotel Best Siroco is also called