Benal Beach Complex

Avenida Parque 1 Edif Benal Beach, 29630, Benalmadena Spain

one week just enough

"We stayed for 1 week for the 1st week in august 2006 and i thought the pool area was out of this world. the food was ok BUT we had no air condioning,no kettle,no entertainment, the room was basic and it felt as though you where in alcatraz."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of April 2007

awful to say the least

"terrible time! The hotel was like a ghost town with lots of empty shopping units, a tiny grim bar that no one used. The pool bar was not open in may! nor were the water slides!!

The room was nice because it is part of a time share scheme but everything else very poor.

Cats roam outside leaving poo everywhere that never gets cleaned. lots of the paving outside the hotels doors is faulty and dangerous.

Please dont do it!"

• Travel date: Fri 5th of January 2007

Super - dee - duper!

"I thought the hotel was a lovely relaxing complex for my family. I have 3 children and they all had a fantastic time. Me and my partner spent time relaxing whilst my daughter (15) took care of my younger son and daughter (7+3). The rooms were well kept and cleaned every day. Staff were VERY friendly and checking in was no problem as it was done quick and right. I recommend this hotel to everyone!!! My children loved it too so if your thinking about a holiday and you have children then book this one NOW !!!"

• Travel date: Sun 19th of November 2006

Not the best, small and grimey to be honest

"Wanted to share my experience as there are def varied reviews for this hotel.
Yes its a huge complex and the area pool is nice, but I think the problem lies with who you book it through! It seems the privately owned apartments have the extras and the ones like us through a tour operator are v.v. basic.
As a group of 4 friends sharing a 1 bed aprtment in our 30's we thought a long weekend here would be ok. The water was cold by the 2nd shower!! The room was small and no air con. the kitchen area was dark and dirty v. dated and we only boiled the kettle and had cereal there...
It is positioned a good long 30min walk (in high heels) to the Marina where we wanted to speand our evenings.
Would not recommend and wouldn't go again. Benalmedina itself we loved and are booking the same weekend this year but with different accomodation. Which is why I'm here looking at reviews."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of September 2006

Dont go there!!!!

"we arrived at the benal beach which charged us an extortionate rate of 145 euros per night for 2 adults. The corridors were vast and like alcatraz, the place was minging the room was dirty had minimal equipment and no air con and the balcony was unsafe if you were travelling with kids the height of them would not conform nowhere near to british standards, we were on the 8th floor of block 1 and you could have quite easily fallen over the balcony. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody and would not even rate it as a 1 star hotel it was complete filth from start to finish we were there for 4 days and the room never got cleaned and the towels or beds didnt get changed once."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of September 2006

Top Notch Benal Beach

"Had just been let down bigtime 3 days before departure by an online holiday company for an all inclusive to Costa Brava. Thank God!!!!! In a last ditch effort to secure another holiday I spent 2hours in a local travel agents and as last weekend was a bank holiday in Ireland there wasn't much on offer at such short notice. Eventually they came up with a weeks s/c to Benal Beach which I grabbed straight away because of the time factor. Headed off last Sunday and arrived home just a few hours ago and felt compelled to write this report. Benal Beach Hotel is without doubt one of the best located, cleanest, attractive, user friendly hotels i've ever had the pleasure to stay in on holiday. I've been to 3 & 4 star all inclusives, 3 & 4 star self catering hotels numerous times in the last 10/ 12 years and simply none compare to this wonderful place. It boasts the most beautiful gardens and pool areas, 5 pools in all constantly marshalled by life guards. Security at its best and some of the friendliest staff I've ever come across. Snack bars, pool bars all very reasonably priced. Supermarket, gym, souvenier shop and the list goes on and on. I simply cant fault it. I think the best recommendation I can give it is to tell you I intend to call to the same travel agency in the next few days to book a longer stay there for next year. To finish off I don't know how these hotels are rated but labelling this wonderful place with 2 stars must be the understatement of the century, a definite 4 plus for me. Hope this helps you all when looking for somewhere nice to go on hols, you wont regret it."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of August 2006

Great time!!!

Good

"This is a really large complex with a vast pool area. Our room was really nice and clean it had all the mod cons including a dishwasher, washing machine and more importantly air conditioning!!!. The maid service was excellent. We only visited with pool once, it was really busy and we found the beach much more relaxing. Benalmadena costa has a lovely walk along the beach front which take you to the stunning marina. We will be back."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of July 2006

Did the job

Good

"Stayed here for two weeks Jun23rd-Jul 7th. The hotel is huge with over a 1000 rooms. Our apartment was privately owned so we didnt really have contact with the hotel at all we just did our own thing. Alot of rooms seem to be sold off to private owners. The complex is fairly well maintained, the corridors look like as if you were in an asylum, very echoey. The pool bar and slides only opend on the 1st July so only had on week to try that out. The Benal Bar is nice and relaxing if you want to have a quiet drink and dont want to walk to 24 hour square etc. There is also a shop, arcade and gym located on the bottom floor as well."

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of July 2006

NEVER AGAIN!!!!

"We stayed here in August 2003, 2 adults and 2 kids (11+5). check in was ok and staff were friendly but the room was not so good, it was filthy, the quilts and pillows were thin and lumpy so we asked them to change them 2 hours later when they arrived they were just as bad if not worse. the showers were cold and sharp and the bath was grimmey.

we spent the first day cleaning and buying new bedding from a nearby shop, i would not reccomend this hotel at all !"

• Travel date: Sat 15th of July 2006

returned 3 times

Good

"well i rate above average for the price. i have been 3 times and always had a great time. we rented an apartment from a local individual for 45 euros off season and i think it costs 100 during high season. if was self sufficient so i cannot comment about maid service. the complex is huge so even though it says front line of the beach , expect 15 - 20 min to get from your apt to the beach. the grocery store is convenient, good enough i suppose. the outside bar/restaurant does some good sandwiches. the pools look nice ,but i am a beach person. the beach has coarse sand and you can find shells. always fun for me! we love to walk the promenade. you will just get bombarded by the restaurants trying to convince you to eat with them.... just tell them you already ate. stops them quick enough. but if you do want to eat... we always like a paella, barbeque sardines and sangria. the last time we went we couldnt get the key to work. the maintenance man came very quickly to help us. we were in the wrong building.....we felt stupid! and this was our third time there! i prefer lower levels and one reason is because of wating for the elevator. higher elevation= great views+ longer waits for the elevator. the other reason is because the heights make me nervous."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of June 2006

Water beds

"Just got back from Benal beach after a two-night stay with two friends. Looked quite impressive when we arrived. Was given a key to our studio which was very outdated but considering what we paid was a fair deal or so we thought. Double bed with a bolster pillow and blankets {50's 60's style} matching brown bath sink and toilet. Oh and Welsh dark wood dresser. Second and last night woke up at 4.30 in morning soaking wet from the mattress. The whole mattress and bottom sheet were completely soaked, which must have slowly seeped through whilst lying on it. Maybe it had been left out in the rain or gone for a swim in the pool. Lovely cold showers also and no plug for the bath. The best thing about this studio was the two great balconies. We had intended to complain when we left that morning at 7 a.m. But the reception was deserted. [room1100 block 3]"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of November 2016

Recent stays...

Good

"Has anyone been to Benal beach apartments recently?
I have been twice before with a friend but this year there will be 3ladies holidaying together...so will need at least a one bedroom..or even a 2 bedroom if they have any.....
Any suggestions on how to get a decent apartment...I will be booking the flight and accommodation separately unless any one has any tips on booking with a tour operator....we will be flying from Newcastle in early June...
Any suggestions please????"

• Travel date: Wed 12th of March 2014

Hotels near Benal Beach Complex

Stayed at Benal Beach Complex? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Benal Beach Complex

• grumpy old man by grumpy old man

"If yoiu wish a high standard then this may not suit your tastes "

• Totally mislead! by Totally mislead!

"Spend it drunk......its th e only way you would make it through! "

• TMello by TMello

"Need to revamp the flat and take into consideration with all these aspects: -Cleaness of the room - Have detergent, soak, iron, air dryer "

Benal Beach Complex is also called