This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near Arenal Golf Apartments

Good

Ok

Reviewed Thu 7th of October 2010

"Just arrived back from Benalmadena.Thought the apartments were satisfactory.The complex itself is lovely the only problem was the pool was broken and the apartments arent very central. A car is recommended.Another fault would be it is situated on a hill and is very hard to walk up I thought my legs were going to fall off!! The apartment itself was basic but very clean."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of August 2010

amazing holiday resort

Reviewed Tue 20th of July 2010

"The Complex itself was very clean and very child friendly. Even though it was very hilly but all of benalmadena is quite hilly it was a wonderful holiday and would reccommend this complex to everyone if you travel to the area. 10 out of 10 everything was magnificent. "

• Travel date: Mon 19th of July 2010

NICE APARTMENTS BUT.......

Reviewed Wed 5th of August 2009

"My family and I stayed in the arenal golf Apartments in mid June. In all there were 6 of us, my three children, my kids age 2yrs, 3yrs and 9 yrs, my mother also travelled with us a lady of 73yrs, but active, my sister and myself.
I specifically chose these apartments with the needs of my children being the main focus. It was an arrangement whereby I privately liaised with the owners and I was happy with our correspondence prior to leaving and had researched fairly well (as I thought).
First of all the pools (approx 7 in varying complexs) had been closed by the authorities as planning permission had not being sought for their construction. I was so annoyed...... there was only one very deep adult pool open and it was totally unsuitable for children, they never used it. Furthermore because it was in another complex and all complexs were gated, we had to hang around on the off chance that someone was coming out of those apartments, as our keys did nt fit, then while the gate was open we could then go in......disaster.
These apartments are half way up a mountain, no joke, there is a bus service in the complex but it is limited and last bus back is aound 9.45. A walk to the shop is not easy, it is extremely hilly and with any heat it is recommended for young fit people only.
There was little entertainment to be had in the area despite what others have said, again it meant batteling those hills or getting the bus, there was no such thing as going for a stroll, because when you came outside the apartment you had no choice but to face a hill.
We had problems within our apartment too, probably unfortunate and specific to our acomodation, air conditioning would nt work and dirty water came streaming down on our patio from overhead apartments for approx 2hrs one day.
All in all the weather was fab but I would not return to arenal golf apartments.

• Travel date: Tue 4th of August 2009

Arenal Golf

Good
Reviewed Wed 13th of May 2009

"I have recently returned from Arenal Golf Its a lovely place, set on the hills over looking the sea and about 20 mins from the airport. Very quiet but within easy distance of the beech and the town
Whilst the golf course is not open yet, there is an 18 hole course within a short distance of the complex. There is also a good bus service into town but I would suggest that a car would be needed for longer distances.
If you want night life there are plenty of bars along the beech area or try DEKs bar a short distance from the complex on the way into the town, its run by Keith and Sue and its where the locals go after a hard day. Alternatively I would also suggest a walk around the marina it’s truly lovely

• Travel date: Tue 12th of May 2009

Arenal Golf - fantastic apartments

Reviewed Sat 1st of November 2008

"Not sure if there is another Arenal Golf but the reviewer earlier must have been staying at a different place from us. The huge Mercadono supermarket is a 10 min walk, yes up a hill. A bus comes through the complex and takes you to the coast, the town and the white village on the hill (the Pueblo). It takes 12 mins on the bus so a taxi should take no more than 5 mins. We walked down to the beach going out of the back of the complex and that only took us 25 mins to walk so it is a absolute lie to say it takes that long in a taxi. Also if you crawled up the hill it would not take you as long as the previous reviewer said. I think it is a shame when somebody has a bad holiday for some reason and tries to spoil it for other people that have booked to stay there before they even go. Please do not be put off the apartments are in a great position in between the pueblo, town and beach. We quickly learnt to catch the bus up the hills and walk back down. The taxi is only 5 euros but the bus is even cheaper at 1.20 Euros for anywhere you go and if you buy a card for 2 euros by the tourist office you get the trips for 80 cents. There are various restaurants and bars within a 10 - 15 min walk but we chose to catch the bus up to the lovely white village every night and have a great meal and stroll back down with beautiful views all the way down. The apartments are the best we have ever stayed in very luxurious. We didn't want to stay down by the beach we wanted somewhere quieter where we could go back and relax instead of being disturbed by noise all night.

Some people just cannot enjoy themselves and make an effort even if they stayed in a mansion in the carribean - if you have booked to go I am sure you will enjoy yourself. There is the wonderful marina which has won masses of awards, tivoli world, cable car, Paloma Park (one of our favourites loads of animals roaming free that you can feed) a beautiful promenade that takes you from one end of the beautiful beach to the other.

GO AND ENJOY!"

• Travel date: Sat 1st of November 2008

The apartment was ok and the pool was fi...

Reviewed Fri 15th of August 2008

"The apartment was ok and the pool was fine it was the location that was all wrong, this complex and the surrounding area was completely residential On the website it was stated a car was not necessary, 5 mins walk to the shops and 10/15 mins to beach and marina, this was total rubbish. the nearest shop was 30/40 mins walk mostly up steep hill and beach/marina was 15/20 mins by taxi. A car was necessary as we had to get taxis every where we went as we had young children with us and they could not walk up the steep hills, this proved expensive as there were 6 of us and we had to get 2 taxis. This was our first time to Benalmadena and we will not be going back. "

• Travel date: Fri 15th of August 2008

Hotels near Arenal Golf Apartments

Top traveller tips for Arenal Golf Apartments

• andrewmitc by andrewmitc

"Easy distance from the airport with loads to do and see "

• andrewmitc by andrewmitc

"DEKs Bar, Tivoli World and the old town "