Iberostar Andalucia Playa

Urbanizacion Novo Sancti Petri, 11130 Novo Sancti Petri, Chiclana de la Frontera Spain

Good

Nice hotel, great beach, quiet in the evening

Good

"Overall a very nice holiday in nice hotel. We used the hotel as a base during our two week holiday.

We hired a car directly with Crown Cars from the web (a very good deal) and did day trips for 7 days. I would recommend going to Seville, Cadiz, Tariffa, etc.

The hotel was nice, good food, very clean, nice pool and very close to the lovely beach. It was good that a lot of Spanish people use the hotel as they eat later so it was possible to go for dinner after 8:30.

The beach is a highlight of the holiday. It is a long sandy beach and great for walking.

Our sole negative was that following dinner the hotel was very quiet in terms of activities. The area around the hotel was very quiet in terms of bars and shops.

We also didn't appreciate having to pay for the use of the hotel beds on the beach."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of July 2006

quiet location, quiet hotel

"My husband and I (in our 30's) stayed at this hotel for 10 nights in Jun 2006. We've previously stayed at Iberostar in Cuba and we did have really high expectations of this group. This hotel is well located on the quiet Costa De La Luz, right on the beach, which is a lovely beach and a short walk from the resort centre.
This hotel was advertised with Adult Appeal, and there were not many families with children as advertised, but the general clientel was heading towards the 50's and over, which was a little older than I had expected, others aged as ourselves considering this hotel may want to find something with a slightly younger crowd. The hotel and resort was mainly catered to and occupied by guests of German nationality, the hotel TV channels and menus are mostly in Spanish & German, with other languages not so well catered for, so some people may find this difficult. The hotel is spotlessly clean, rooms are large, well decorated, well mainatined, with a nice balcony with table and chairs. The swimming pool is really big, and lounger area very spacious, watch out for the morning rush to claim sunbeds with towels, this childish pursuit happened every morning and we witnessed several catflights between guests. The hotel management did take action to try and stop this by removing towels on un-occupied beds, but as this was only June and early on in the season we thought the problem would only get worse with the busier months coming. The buffet breakfast has a great choice and we would not fault that at all, we had 1 lunch at the hotel and were disappointed by the choice of menu and food provided, it was below average and we did not dine at the hotel again, other than the breakfast buffet. The resort shopping centre is very small and a lot of the units are empty, I'm not sure if these will fill up later in the season. There are about 5 good restaurants (recommend the Indian on the top level), a supermarket and some souvenir shops, but I felt it was a bit disappointing and the resort does need to do much better for outside of hotel shopping and eating options, as its a very much growing resort. Go to the beach restaurants at lunchtime, the ones at the southern end and enjoy lunch with a view straight onto the ocean.
We had a hire car and you will definately be very limited without one, we had arrived at Seville and had 2 nights there before driving down to the coast, its about 1.5 hour drive, good roads and cheap gas. Recommend these days trips; Seville, gorgeous city, good sightseeing and shopping, good food. Tarifa for the dolphin & whale watching - we saw a few pods of wild dolphins and 2 sperm whales in 1 day - amazing! Jerez De La Frontera for the horse show at Real Escuela, make sure you've booked tickets in advance for the busy summer periods, and good flamenco shows. Vejer De La Frontera & Arcros De La Frontera gorgeous hill top white villages. Best beach by far is at Los Canos de Meca, there is naturist bathing at the south end.
So overall Costa De La Luz is a really good destination, Novo Sancti Petri resort is very quiet and relaxing, Andalucia Playa is also very quiet and relaxing. Last word - watch out for the force of the waves from the ocean, they can be very strong and it can be quite windy."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of July 2006

Great holiday

"My wife and I stayed for 2 weeks and I must admit that it was excellent.
Our room was spotless and the food was very very good including the lunches served outside.
The shops wern't brilliant but I can only imagine that very shortly this will be a very much improved area.
The beach is about 4 miles long with soft sand and if you walk or bus up the beach there is a great promenade with good seafood restaurants.
This area is so relaxing and only a 30 minute bus ride from Jerez airport. A new dual carriageway was being built in 2005.
The hotel is probably in the top 3 that I've stayed in in my life.
Highly recommended"

• Travel date: Thu 4th of May 2006

Fantastic buffets, good value

Good

"My husband and I (late 20s) stayed here for a week late March 2006. We stumbled upon this hotel on the web and it sounded very good value for money and had excellent TripAdvisor reviews so booked it through Iberostar's website (7 nights half board for 2 people £410).

There was another Iberostar hotel on its website that was a bit cheaper but it sounded like it was in another town whereas this one was on the beach. I was surprised to find they were next door to each other.

Pros:
The food was great: fabulous selection of foods in the breakfast and dinner buffets, nobody would go hungry.
Location was good (need a car really), for exploring the local area of Cadiz, Jerez, Conil (good road system, cheap fuel).
Free secure parking under the hotel
Good quality hotel

Cons:
The hotel was 90% full of middle aged Germans who we guessed the men were golfers and the wives read and sunbathed.
The sea was rough, too rough to swim in, but had a paddle. However, the beach was in front of the hotel and lovely for a walk. Saw a wonderful sunset one evening there.
The location isn't a traditional one, its a purpose-built resort. It is Novo Santri Petri. For a more traditional beach location I'd recommend Conil which we visited.

Overall though, I would recommend it to people looking for a base for exploring the area as the hotel is good quality, excellent food and a nice location on the beach."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of April 2006

Oustanding

"We spent a fabulous week here over the New Year. The hotel is in a great location, spotlessly clean and staffed by the friendliest people. The food was excellent. We went half board and never ate anywhere else. The buffet-style meals were different every night, of excellent quality and beautifully presented. Overall, a quiet relaxed week in a marvellous hotel. There is very little in Novo Sancti Petri to do (unless you want to play great golf courses) so if you're looking for loads of bars and nightclubs, this isn't the place for you. But if you're looking for somewhere to just chill out, this just can't be beaten. I would recommend a walk along the beach to Playa de Barossa: it is the cleanest beach I've ever seen! We will definitely be back."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of January 2006

Brilliant! - What more can I say?

"I stayed at this hotel in May 2005 along with my husband and parents. It was just what we expected and more. The rooms were spacious and exceptionally clean. The pool area was spotless but you did get the usual Germans reserving the sunbeds!! This soon stopped as the pool attendants removed there towels after several mornings! The staff were very helpful but few spoke English! The entertainment was slightly amateur. The resort itself was extremely quiet, but this didn't bother us we wanted a well earned rest! Saving the best 'til last THE FOOD was out of this world, all dishes were hot and freshly cooked and nothing was left hanging around like you get in some hotels. There was always fresh fish/meat, fruit and a great selection of desserts every evening. For breakfast the choice was excellent, freshly made omlettes, pancakes, you name it you could have it! There were mainly couples staying here and few children. All in all an extremely quiet resort but a fab hotel, some where you would go if you need to recharge the batteries!"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of June 2005

We keep going back..

"It really is impossible to fault this hotel - great food, good rooms, fantastic pool. We're planning our fourth week in 12 months."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of January 2005

Hotel Iberostar Andalusia Playa, Novo Sancti Petri

"This hotel deserves all of it's 4 Stars rating. The accommodation, the food and the service were excellent. The Hotel location is very convenient for the superb Atlantic washed beach which is excellent for taking long walks. It is also near to local amenities, such as shops, bars and restaurants. The resort itself is fairly quiet and would not suit peoplke looking for wild nightlife. However, it does provide superb facilities for Golfers and tennis players. I stayed at this Hotel October 2004."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of December 2004

fantastic , relaxation is here

"i have just returned from this hotel after a weeks stay, i travelled with my boyfriend and another couple, we were upgraded to a suite upon arrival, rooms were fantastic, food was great and varied, and atmosphere was totally relaxed just what we were looking for. this is a lovely hotel and the resort sancti petri itself is really nice and relaxed with some bars and restaurants. i will definately stay at an iberostar hotel again!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 26th of June 2004

wonderful week

Good

"husband and i have just returned from a week in this hotel and we had a great time. we were new to this costa and didn't know what to expect, but we would recommend it to anyone. there were mainly couples in our hotel whereas in the sister hotel next door [royal andalus] thre were mainly families with lots of kids. the staff were excellent,the food was also,the rooms were well equipped and large,the pool and grounds were beautiful.the animacion team were great. the only thing i would count against this hotel is that it is a little out of the way,not many bars or shops in the vicinity,although the bus service to chiclana is regular,clean and cheap. however, we will certainly go back to this hotel as well as other places along this coast,mainly because there are no lager louts here,there is nothing for them,just a pleasant place for families and couples to enjoy a good holiday."

• Travel date: Fri 15th of August 2003

Its worth the money - even in between se...

Good

"Its worth the money - even in between seasons. Friendly hotel staff, very helpful. Food excellent.

Golf: Novo Sancti Petri - both courses well groomed, challenging but also fair to beginners.
Lomas: very difficult and do not recommend to beginners (hazards everywhere).

Sightseeing: in this area plentyful, excellent places to visit.

Can only recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of October 2007

This was a very elegant hotel and my hus...

"This was a very elegant hotel and my husband and I really enjoyed the pampering. Nothing was too much trouble. The meals were first class and the restaurant was slightly separate from the tables set on its own - far more hygienic we thought.

Spotless just like an Iberostar would be. Very few children and quite upmarket. Excellent all round.

• Travel date: Wed 20th of June 2007

Hotels near Iberostar Andalucia Playa

Stayed at Iberostar Andalucia Playa? Share your insight.

Iberostar Andalucia Playa is also called