Hotel Playa de la Luz, directamente sobre el Atlántico

Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"Beautiful, immaculate grounds! Great bathrooms (4 shower heads in a shower big enough for four! plus a huge tub) The breakfast of traditional spanish fare was great. Can't wait to return with my whole family."

• Travel date: 7th January 2004

Comfortable Stay at Playa de la Luz

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"I was visiting Spain for the months of July and August of 2003. My stay at the Playa de La Luz was for 60 nights. The staff were always polite and professional. The rooms were clean and comfortable as european rooms go. The entertainment was enjoyable. They are very family oriented and do many activities to include the children. Commendable.The one issue I had was that in the entire 2 months there was never a complimentary Coffee, bottle of wine or dinner as their guest. My bill was quite large and a little appreciation for choosing to continue my stay at their hotel would have gone a long way in my choosing to stay there next visit."

• Travel date: 3rd November 2003

Lived in their house, liked the hotel

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"I lived in a house owned by Playa de la Luz Hotel (1/2 a block away) from 1998-2000. As my landlord, as well as my path to the beach, the hotel was always gracious in the style of Andalucia - reserved but warm, and eager to share their culture, where they let loose. The fairgrounds are maybe half a mile away, where Rota's Feria de Primavera (Spring Fair) is held each year. The feria is nomally three to five days of straight through partying. Spring Fairs pass through the local towns that time of year (late Apr. - May) and you can follow them. Each is unique to its local culture, but each is certain to include heavy doses of the local sherry variants. But I digress. Back to the hotel: There is a pool, surrounded by a ground-level courtyard of rooms - each not large, but pleasant enough. The lobby as well as the rest of the place, evokes old Spain - not an uncommon theme there but - what the heck, You're in Spain! I had a GREAT time living there, and you can have one visiting, too. Walk down the beach towards Rota in the summer - Follow the music. There's a nice place that's set up on the beach late - no earlier than 2:00 am or so, where you can dance and drink 'til the sun comes up. Have fun! It's Spain!"

• Travel date: 19th July 2003

BRAVISSIMMO!

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"Now here's a hotel for you! We moved there from miserable Playa Victoria. I wonder whether it's the Belgian Management that makes the difference - although I'm anything but a racist... PLAYA DE LA LUZ staff is not only all smiles, it is EFFICIENT and HELPFUL! Receptionists between them also speak excellent English, German, Dutch, French and of course Spanish. The location, rooms, bars,restaurants, food & facilities, pool, beach - you name it - IMPECCABLE. Have a nice trip, you won't regret the PLAYA DE LA LUZ until it's time to go home!"

• Travel date: 18th September 2002