This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near Iberostar Isla Canela Park

Booked Self Catering in a 2 bed Apartmen...

Reviewed Sat 26th of August 2006

"Booked Self Catering in a 2 bed Apartment, great rooms we had two bathrooms 2 separate bedrooms, great kids had own room but connected.

Did not eat at hotel, and local restaurants are a bit limited if you have kids to cater for. But good Italian in Marina Area.

Entertainment at Iberostar excellent! Kids 13 + 16 Girls. Pistol & Rifle shooting, archery, water Polo, plus fun bingo and many, many other daytime activities. Entertainment staff great!

Building work on other side of hotel, but if your apartment overlooks the work, not such a good view, but during your day from the pool area it was not a problem!

Area very Spanish great no pictures of English Food but Very Spanish lots of tapas but limited if your kids not into that!

Did not try hotel food but I’m sure it was good. Hotel staff very helpful, lovely place Expensive but the best self catering accommodation we have stayed at to date.

Happy holidays."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of August 2006

Very clean hotel. Good standard of accom...

Reviewed Mon 23rd of January 2006

"Very clean hotel. Good standard of accommodation. Meals excellent, lots of choice and cooked fresh. Also had a kids section. Kids club very well organised and the evening entertainment was very good. Kids games and disco then the main entertainment.

The beach was never crowded and is long, wide and clean. As it is on the Atlantic the sea can be a bit cool. There are a few bars and restaurants near by but not a great deal to do out side the hotels in this resort.

It is a very Spanish resort so alot of the guests ate later. It was never a problem getting a table if you went in earlier with children. Highchairs are available in the dining room."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of January 2006

This hotel is sold as a 4* but in our op...

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2005

"This hotel is sold as a 4* but in our opinion only just rates 3*. All though only 2 years old, the rooms and the communal areas are already in need of upgrading/maintenance.

There is no designated smoking area so the reception come lounge area, that has a limited number of seats, is commandeered for before and after dinner/breakfast smoking. Unfortunately this area has no smoke abstraction, making this a very unpleasant area for before and after dinner drinks/relaxation. If you choose to stay half board, you will find that you will be very limited as to your choice of drinks both alcohol and non-alcohol as the hotel only caters for all inclusive, this means that there are no branded names on offer only local brands and all the cocktails are pre-made thus allowing for no choice at all. ( all inclusive are made aware of this before booking but not half board guest

The outside pool bar is a very dark badly lit area to sit for a drink and a chat, but other than the large entertainment hall there is no other social bar area.

It was the general opinion that the cleaning standards were not up to the mark and there seemed to be a shortage of bath mats and bathroom requirements.

The restaurant area was good, the food and the service was very good, the staff were very attentive, friendly and courteous, this was also true through out the hotel.

The surrounding area was not as we had expected it to be after reading other reviews. The area is catering for an English cliental and is not typically Spanish although it does have a lovely new Marina within 5/10 mins walk but here you will find that the few bars are all run by English and not Spanish, with the exception of Antonio’s fish restaurant. However if you take the short walk into the village of Punta del Moral this is without doubt where you will find a small number Spanish bars and restaurants. "well worth the walk " also Ayumonte is only a short bus ride away, here you will find a lovely, typical small Spanish town with shops etc. In all the area is very quiet and relaxed.

I have written this review due to the fact that after reading other reviews our expectations proved to be disappointing.

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005

I decided that this year I was going to...

Good
Reviewed Sat 31st of July 2004

"I decided that this year I was going to get off the tourist trail and try to discover the REAL SPAIN. I found it in Isla Canela, Costa de la Luz.

I took the new challenge of booking both the flights and accomodation separately on line and it worked out so much cheaper and much more flexible than a package deal!!

Isla Canela is so different from the usual tourist traps I had found myself in. It was a delight to be able to walk into a restaurant where the menu did not include large coloured photographs of traditional British food. Instead I delighted in trying to make sense of an extensive all Spanish menus. It was wonderful.

The apartment was excellent. I found it on www.property-rental.co.uk. However I since discovered a better site www.islacanelaholidays.com which I have used to book my next years holiday.

The only down side was there was some building work going on but the fact I am returning for a second year should show that this did not spoil my holiday."

• Travel date: Sat 31st of July 2004