About Golden Bahia De Tossa & Spa

• hot tub
  • heated pool
  • indoor pool
  • kids club
  • paid private parking on site
  • billiards
  • solarium
  • tv channel one russia
  • evening entertainment

What a fab place

Reviewed Thu 17th of September 2009

"The Golden Bahia is the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in. Totally ignore ANY negative remarks, this hotel is the BEST. Clean, Friendly, central.... good grief what more can you ask for? The rooms are modern, very clean, with good views from every angle. We had a road facing room and even this was fantastic, watch the youngsters every night playing football or basketball. Watch the sunset over the hills.... if you find one thing wrong with this hotel, you really do have a problem. The food is superb, the staff excellent. Would we return? You bet, as soon as possible:-)"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of September 2009

lovely hotel but meals times a nightmare

Reviewed Wed 12th of August 2009

"We arrived at the hotel on the 7/7/09 for a 2 week stay. We are a group of 9 which is 7 adults and 2 children aged 3 & 6 years.

The first 5 days we had no sunshine so we made use of the indoor pool which was lovely and warm. The spa area we didnt use as you had to pay 5 euros per hour.

The hotels was lovely and clean and the rooms were spotless everytime the maid had been in. The room we booked was a double room sleeping 2/4 and the other members had double rooms sleeping 2/3. We had paid and extra for the room we had but it was no different in size to the other rooms and it had 2 double beds therefore the children had to share a bed. This was not mentioned in the brochure. I wouldnt pay the extra if I were you.

The entertainment was ok. The kids loved the shows and the disco. We didnt use the kids club but we did go and have a look and the kids were entertained in an airconditioned room.

Restaurant was a joke. The food was fine just rather cold and you had to queue for a while to get it. The staff worked very hard but the restaurant just isnt big enough for the amount of guests the hotel has. I suppose if you dine after 9pm it would be better but having children they are starving by that point and want to be ready for the mini disco at 20:30.

The resort of Tossa is lovely and there are plenty of shops to look arround with windey side streets and a castle. The beach was ok but if you like a sandy beach dont go as this is shingle and it does hurt your feet.

Overall the hotel was lovely but would not return because of the the restaurant.

• Travel date: Wed 12th of August 2009

fantastic hotel in fantastic resort

Reviewed Mon 3rd of August 2009

"Well what can I say, this hotel far exceeded my families expectations,
The staff are well trained, well mannered and cater for your every need
The hotels grounds, rooms all areas in fact are spotless and the maids are constantly cleaning not only the rooms but hovering the halls etc.
The food is the best I have come across, there is wide choice and it is fresh and appealling, the dining area can get very crowded but this would be my only critisism and to avoid this do what we done and get there early ensuring a good table with first choice of the meals.
The entertainment for both adults and children is excellent and the kids reps where fantastic and extemely attentive to all the kids in the hotel.
The best entertainment was the Bejing Olympics which is the type of show that you would pay good money to watch yet it is part of this hotels evening entertainment programme.
The hotel is 5 mins walk from the bus station, 15-20 mins walk from the beach and a very pleasant 10mins stroll to the resort centre.
My husband enjoyed the free gym and also and the sun got stronger at around 3pm we all enjoyed the indoor pool with waves jacuzzi etc.
I would highly recommend this hotel for anybody,it suits all ages and family types and most of the people we met had been here before or would return again.
Well worth the extra few pounds, What a holiday and Thanks for the memories"

• Travel date: Thu 30th of July 2009

Amazing Holiday!!!

Reviewed Tue 12th of May 2009

"Staff wer'e friendly and easy to talk to. Could not fault the hotel, rooms and facilities wer'e all in perfect condition and extremely clean. Pools and pool side bars wer'e lovely, nice and clean and it was a really enjoyable holiday. The food was out of this world and the entertainment was of the most highest standards i have seen in a long time. My favourite holiday so far. Already have booked to go back next year. This place is the height of 4 star excellence. "

• Travel date: Wed 6th of May 2009

Having read numerous reviews I felt I kn...

Reviewed Sun 19th of August 2007

"Having read numerous reviews I felt I knew what to expect. These were all shown to be correct. Although my 10 day trip was at the height of the season when the hotel was full I did not find it lacking in any respect. I will list my experience below in categories;

Accommodation - Very clean and tidy although the room (477) was on the small size. Maid service excellent. Towels were a disappointment and although changed daily this was needed as they were small and worn. Would recommend replacement.

Dining - A large choice which one would find very hard not to satisfy a fussy eater. Regrettably some crockery (cereal bowls) were chipped and should be replaced. Fish and grill cooking was both fresh and tasty.

Staff - Very polite and helpful. Cases taken to room. My only let down was their inflexible attitude in my request to check out at 1300 as compared to the 1200hrs stated. Did not see how the extra hour could possibly have made a difference even with a full hotel. It was noted that the maid did not commence service of room before 1300hrs!! Facilities were made available for showering etc although this area was in basement with no air conditioning.

General - Did not find the need to use the beach (which is only approx 500m away). Plenty of deck chairs always available. Entertainment again I did not check out but noticed it was varied and appeared of a high standard but it did start at a late time (2200hrs) for the main event.

Overall an excellent holiday. I would also recommend using Resorthoppa.com for transfers from Gerona airport. Both cheap and good service."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of August 2007

Not the best experience of my life, I'm...

Reviewed Tue 3rd of July 2007

"Not the best experience of my life, I'm afraid. I was so looking forward to this holiday, and after reading some reports about this hotel, I was sure I'd made a good choice.

Not so, I fear. On our arrival we had the most dismissive of welcomes from the reception clerk, when we got to our room it reeked of stale cigarette smoke.

OK, let’s have a coffee at the bar, mistake, it looked like coffee and almost tasted like it. Try the beds; do you want hard or hard? The air conditioning had three settings, almost, maybe, and forget about it.

Some of the staff worked very hard to make your stay a pleasant one, but in a hotel with such a large number of English visitors it was very trying to attempt to communicate with a reception staff that didn't seem to even try, and as for a smile of courtesy from this lot, forget about it.

The evening waiting staff were superb, helpful, considerate and an asset to the hotel.

Mention should also be made of the young couple organising the Animation. Very hard working, but why only two people in a hotel of such a size?

On the plus side, the food was excellent for quality and choice. The prices in the pool snack bar compared very favourably with the town bars.

All in all, my judgement is "Could try harder.”

This hotel has all the big things right, but let’s itself down with the fine details."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of July 2007

This is easily the best hotel in Costa B...

Reviewed Wed 30th of August 2006

"This is easily the best hotel in Costa Brava and is one of the best I have ever experienced in Spain. It rightly has 4 stars but I've stayed in 5 star hotels which do not match the quality of the Golden Bahia. The hotel itself is only a 5 minute stroll from the seafront and it is ideally situated in Tossa as all the bars and restaurants are on the way to the seafront.

The rooms in the hotel are cleaned daily with fresh towels etc. provided every day. The rooms are always spotless and it is a very clean hotel overall. The standard of food in the hotel was excellent with a fabulous choice at dinnertime which varied greatly every night but there were always basics such as chicken, fish, and chips every night which meant that people who like British food could never complain.

There are plenty of sun loungers by the multiple pools in the hotel and plenty of space in the Jacuzzis etc. There are also sun loungers on the top floor of the hotel which is meant to be a nudist area but there were never any nudists sunbathing when we were there, which meant that this area provided extra sun loungers.

The bar prices are reasonable throughout the day although they are cheaper at dinner time which is perfect if you like a beer with your food. The night entertainment in the hotel was adequate and provided a few laughs but we tended to explore the bars and restaurants at night.

Another great thing is that the hotel is only a 2 minute walk from the local bus station. Buses regularly leave for Lloret De Mar and Barcelona from here if you fancy exploring Spain.

Overall, the hotel is fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone who fancies a quiet week in Spain at a lovely resort. I'd also say that it is ideal for families as there is so much entertainment at the hotel for the kids. If young groups of people or a young couple are looking for a lively holiday, I'd recommend Lloret De Mar and not Tossa as this resort doesn't really have the same nightlife.

• Travel date: Wed 30th of August 2006

Our second visit to this hotel, the firs...

Reviewed Fri 4th of August 2006

"Our second visit to this hotel, the first time was in 2003 when newly opened. It was a delight to discover that the quality of the hotel overall had not changed and the facilities remain just as impressive.

The staff are attentive and friendly, the rooms are kept very clean by the daily maid service and the vast selection of food at every sitting is of a high standard.

There is an internet corner which proved popular amongst all ages especially our 15 year old daughter who found it invaluable to keep up with things at home!

Swimming pools excellent, bars excellent (prices not expensive) lovely piano bar. Didn’t really sample main entertainment hall but what we did see appeared reasonable.
All this and just a short stroll from the beautiful resort of Tossa de Mar.

Beautiful but busy beach, lots of good shops, and good bars/restaurants. We would go back again!"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of August 2006

This was our second visit having stayed...

Reviewed Tue 25th of July 2006

"This was our second visit having stayed there last year and although the resort is small the standard of the hotel the cleanliness of the resort all add up to a perfect holiday.

The resort itself is still really a small fishing village and it is so nice to feel part of the community instead of a dreaded tourist.

The hotel staff are amazing and although we had some problems with Thompson not booking the type of room we had paid the hotel staff were superb. In fact we had to change rooms twice during our stay because Thompson had messed up but both times the hotel sent a bottle of their finest Champagne because we had to move. It would have been nice to have had just a "sorry" from the tour rep but that is another matter.

I have never ever gone back to the same resort but the standard of this hotel has to be seen to be believed the rooms, the cleanliness of those rooms, the cleaning staff, the reception staff, the dining room staff, the waiters, the food just everything about this hotel just about every aspect is fantastic. I have never been so comfortable as at the Golden Bahia and I think I can feel another booking coming on quickly in case I have made it sound too good."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of July 2006

The hotel was great, They say its a 4 st...

Reviewed Tue 18th of July 2006

"The hotel was great, They say its a 4 star and believe me it is, It is easily the best hotel I’ve been in when traveling to Spain. The rooms were spacious and clean, as was the whole complex, the food was good, plenty of it and lots of variety the children’s entertainment is great, they work so hard to keep everyone amused.

The only down side to our holiday was the tour operator never ever, ever book with Thomsons, they really are the worst most unorganised company I’ve ever had the misfortune to come across, they cancelled our plane which should have been flying from Birmingham, then transferred us all to Gatwick where we then sat for a further 10 hours. they'll do anything to save putting you in a hotel for the night.

All that aside we still enjoyed the hotel, and after a start to the holiday like that you can see how good it was."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of July 2006

Lovely Hotel

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"We have just returned from a week at the Golden Bahia de Tossa and had a wonderful holiday. The weather was very hot with only one slightly dull day although it was still hot enough to sit by the pool.

The journey from the airport was around 45 minutes and takes you on a lot of bendy, narrow, steep roads although the view is pretty. We were the first coach drop off with the hotel being at the entrance to the resort which was nice.

On arriving at our hotel we were greeted by the friendly reception staff who seem to speak a bit of every language which is always helpful. The hotel looks impressive from the outside as does the reception area and is superbly clean. After looking at the other hotels in Tossa De Mar during our visit I would say the Golden Bahia is by far the largest, nicest lace to stay and in the best location (not right in the centre of the resort but within easy walking distance).

Rooms come in either standard size or suite size (suites have a bedroom, living area and balcony with private Jacuzzi). Ours was a standard double room (room 407) which was bigger than average in size as it contained a double and single bed (all rooms have either a double and single or two double beds). The balcony was quite small but there was room for a table and two chairs and we had a lovely view over looking the pool area. There was plenty of wardrobe space, a dressing table, small table with two chairs and TV.

The bathroom was of average size with a shower over the bath and a small selection of toiletries and a hairdryer. The room was cleaned daily to a very high standard with beds changed every two days and towels everyday. The room safe is 2 Euros per day to hire along with a deposit, which you get back at the end of your stay.

There is a vending machine on every floor where you could buy bottled water, soft drinks, beers, spirits, sweets and snacks. Also there is a free ice cubes machine on each floor if required.

The pool area is excellent and there are always plenty of sun loungers so no need to get up early to reserve a bed. Outdoors there are two swimming pools (one large and one medium in size) a children’s pool and 2 large Jacuzzis (although these were cold). Inside there is a swimming pool, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, a gym, and a spa offering reasonable priced beauty treatments. Then there is the roof terrace which has two small whirlpools, a place to sunbath and a nudist section (although don’t let this put you off because we nearly didn’t book for this reason. However if we hadn’t already been told we wouldn’t have known it was there. Don’t think anyone even used it, either that or it was very, very well hidden).

The hotel is half board and the dining room is large, very organised and with wonderful staff. The breakfasts buffet was tasty and includes a selection of cereals, fruit, cakes, bread, yoghurts, fruit juices, tea, coffee, water, cooked breakfast and even champagne. All of the breakfast drinks are included in the price but drinks with the evening meal have an extra charge (although they are very reasonable). The evening buffet was ok, I wouldn’t say it was excellent but nor would I say it was bad. There was always a variety of fruits, vegetables, potatoes, salads, soups, breads, pastas, meat dishes, fish dishes, vegetarian options, jelly, ice cream, yoghurts and cakes.

During the day there are three places to eat, the snack bar offering chips, toasties, salads, sandwiches, pizzas etc which is reasonably priced, the La Selva which had an a la carte menu including fish, steak, pasta etc, and the outside barbeque.

The night time entertainment includes the piano bar where you can have a drink (inside or out) while listening to the Pianist or the large lounge area showing various entertainment shows. These shows were pretty average as in most hotels but a one to defiantly catch is ‘The Temptations’ (a four piece soul band) who seemed to impress everyone. Children’s entertainment seemed good and there was a small games room.

The resort itself is lovely and very unspoilt compared to other resorts in Spain. It is quite a small and quiet town so would be great for couples and families. People looking for a more rowdy holiday would probable prefer a different resort because the nightlife caters more for families and couples wanting a peaceful and relaxing holiday. The beach is about 10-15 minutes walk away but because the route is through the very pleasant little streets you hardly notice the distance and it is a very enjoyable walk. The Old Town is a most see with cobbled streets, lots of little shops and restaurants, the wonderful Castle and the gorgeous views over the coast. There are two main beaches and a small beach over by the old town which is very nice.

Overall the hotel is very clean, the staff are very friendly and helpful, the pool area is great and the surrounding area is very picturesque. We would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone, we are missing Tossa De Mar already:0) and have already talked about returning next summer but this time for two weeks."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of June 2006

Wonderful hotel

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"We have just returned from two weeks at The Golden Bahia. It was absolutely fabulous (except for those guests who had no manners and moved the furniture around in the middle of the night!) The food was excellent and there was so much choice, the puddings were soooooo good - be prepared to put on weight from your stay here.
The bedrooms were very clean, and the staff friendly. The pool was great, lots of space and lots of sunbeds.
Tossa is a lovely resort and there is lots of good walking. There is a superb walk along the coast, starting at the back of the castle, and a long walk up the mountains at the back of Tossa, which is quite strenuous but well worth it.
We also did day visits to Barcelona which was great, Gerona which we didnt enjoy that much, and Montserrat, which was also brilliant.
We highly recommend this hotel and resort."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of June 2006

Hotels near Golden Bahia De Tossa & Spa

Top traveller tips for Golden Bahia De Tossa & Spa

• thesungod2009 by thesungod2009

"The shops are lovely, the beach is lovely, the sea is lovely, it is the perfect holiday destination. "

• thesungod2009 by thesungod2009

"the beach and the old town wer "

• carlene by carlene

"It gets very cloudy and its a very green resort so I assume they get alot of rain "

• dionneclaire by dionneclaire

"traditional family resort - unspoilt and beautiful "

• dionneclaire by dionneclaire

"the castle of tossa de mar "

• georgeboy by georgeboy

"Oh my god what a fantastic little town... "

• georgeboy by georgeboy

"The little castle and every restaurant and cafe you need xx "

Golden Bahia De Tossa & Spa is also called