SSR Splash pool

Good

Cell block H containing Jeremy Kyle guests.

Reviewed 25th May 2018

"If you feel the following remarks ring your bell, please do stay here , if you wanna hear an honest review , read on then quickly back out of booking at this prison block. Arrived on a wet sunday, inmates obviously didnt want to get wet so the front reception was heaving with lager bellied brits swearing at their sugered up cherubs. Reception felt we didnt pay enough for the all inclusive break so demanded a 5 euro tourist tax before giving us the key to our cell. Said cell was 3 doors down the corrider (next to games room, where the cherubs hang out while mama/papa drinks like fishes in the lounge) they run up and down skidding on the tiled floor with the odd fall , scream, knock the nearest door and run a bit more. The room was basic, we didnt bother to pay for our tv as had no intention of hanging around, nor did we cough up for wifi. The balcony had an amazing view of waste ground and a car park. Hungry and tired we looked forward to at least getting a bit of something to eat before retiring to bed (sleep? Haha yeah that happened, paper thin walls and inmates cherubs ) so let's all line up for unlimited yumminess. Slop was served at breakfast, lunch and dinner (reheated slop) plus a 'snack bar' for those in between peckish times when you want a quick bite of salmonella, dire burgers /hotdogs with flies getting to the supply before you do. The smell going to the canteen is something else. Roast beef consisted of a bone and fat , the waiter couldn't explain this however I was informed thats what Spanish cows consist off . Educational. One of the mornings we were late leaving the room (shattered) the cleaner just walked in, no knock, just saw her way in, myself and other half were not dressed so I shouted that we didn't need anything and could you please leave, she said 'ok' and continued on into the room anyway cleaning the bathroom! The evening entertainment consisted of karaoke ( joy oh joy) and the bar staff struggled to smile. Rude, sneering and mocking staff that obviously have become so used to the type of visitors that this place happily takes under their wing. This place is truly dire, and should have a barbed wire fence surrounding it. I am so very far from posh or snobby, I'm happy to muck in anywhere and enjoy different experiences but this is beyond belief. Stay away."

• Travel date: 1st May 2018

Paul Wood

Reviewed 15th October 2013

"We have stayed in this hotel for the passed 4 or 5 years. It has always been in October, and only for three or four nights at a time, so perhaps a little cooler and quieter.It has always been great. The rooms are clean, and the food is ok and hot. The staff are all great, and very helpful. We are going back this October (2013). So if it is as bad as some of the reviews say, either I am off my head, or I only expect what you pay for. Its cheap and cheerful, Wat else can I say. I have always had a fantastic time. "

• Travel date: 11th October 2013

what do people expect for such a low cost holiday!!!!!

Reviewed 17th September 2013

"My partner and I went in April of this year and we had a great time. weather was fabulous and plenty to do. The hotel was forever being cleaned so no issues with cleanliness. The room was a big enough size for the 2 of us, and really we were only sleeping in it anyway as out all the time. The food was a bit repetitive but a wide selection on offer and staff friendly. Didn't think much of the evening entertainment but it is what you make of it. The staff were always helpful. What do people expect for such a low cost all inclusive holiday? I travel to N.Ireland regularly and would spend nearly the same price of this holiday and that is just to travel on the ferry, and that's from Scotland!! so really what can I say but get a grip and think about what u are getting for your money! I am going again in 2weeks and have another couple going with us, which im sure they will enjoy especially for the price we paid. "

• Travel date: 16th September 2013

Hell hole

Reviewed 13th August 2013

"Me , my husband and daughter went to this hotel at the end of July 13 , we arrived to find it was right next to a motor way, we walked in to a run down dreary hotel full of kids running riot . We were given a room that was like an oven with no aircon, did state this on booking . We thought as we had arrived late , due to transfer being messed up we would go for dinner . Mmm, well the food looked like vomit , really salty and vial . We spent the rest of the week eating out! The pool was dirty, the children's pool even worse, entertainment for kids was a half hour mini disco in the dungeon next to the restaurant and very smelly toilets. No entertainment in evening apart from some bloke playing an electric guitar singing Tom jones counts every night. Whole area is run down and smells of sewage. The hotel did have an army of cleaners but it seemed they only cleaned what they could see , when we looked under our bed an army of flys flew out. How this hotel gets a rating of 3 stars is beyond me , please holiday inspectors if you read this check this hotel out its a disgrace !!! We couldn't wait to go home which is very sad don't you think!! And I may add wE were all poorly with bad stomachs. "

• Travel date: 12th August 2013

Definitely not a family hotel

Reviewed 9th July 2013

"This was a nightmare holiday. Never again. This is the worst hotel I have ever been in. Full of hen and stag parties. Never got a night's sleep because of doors slamming, people shouting abuse and fighting. We were there with 2 grandsons aged 12 and 7. Water polo had to be abandoned one day due to stag party members (17)causing trouble. Entertainment was appalling unless you love karaoke. Food was rotten. Dining room was in the basement, very noisy. "

• Travel date: 4th July 2013

our visit in 2007(although calendar doesnt go back that far??)

Reviewed 18th October 2012

"my husband and I went here for our honeymoon Sept 2007 and the thing I liked about it was it has a customer laundry room, ok you had to put coins in to make it work but as I'm sure many females will appreciate apart from washing your "smalls" every day it is great to give your clothes a "proper wash". I know most men don't give a hoot but most females, including myself, do and considering it is only a small hotel compared to others on the resort it must have been very appreciated as you almost had to queue up for it. It also had a tumble drier if you needed it but since it was so warm anyway I didn't need to use it, but in my husbands own words "if wife is happy so am I" so at least the honeymoon was brill. The only two criticisms I had were the lack of good entertainment and selection of food which mainly consisted of burger,sausages, chips and anything else that was greasy. It could certainly have done with a better selection of fresh fruit and salad but apart from that I would certainly return again even though both my husband and I have gone off Spain altogether having visited other resorts but this for us was definitely the best"

• Travel date: 14th October 2012

Air con nightmare!

Reviewed 17th September 2012

"Can't knock the customer service or the room cleanliness but if you are looking for an adult or chilling out holiday round the pool then forget it. The hotel has no air con, which I admit was our fault for not checking, the restaurant is way to small to accommodate all the people wanting to eat and the pool is like a rugby scrum when the sunbeds are unlocked at 8.30! If you want a cheap enough holiday all inclusive then great, otherwise book elsewhere!"

• Travel date: 16th September 2012

dont go there

Reviewed 6th September 2012

"wont go again me and my husband went to this hotel in aug 2012 there was no air con had to rent a fan for 25euros and only got 10 back in a hot country like spain in aug its a joke food average towels round the pool at 4am so never got a sun lounger had to rent a remote for the telly and it wasent a all incl hotel even tho we paid for that so never go there again and i no it gets a bad press but its beniborm next year for us again."

• Travel date: 5th September 2012

NEVER TO RETURN!!!

Reviewed 17th August 2012

"2 Adults And 2 Kids Was Our Party Size. Upon Arrival Of The Hotel Everything Seemed To Be Ok, Staff Welcomed Us In Really Helpful. Cleaners Working All Hours To Make Sure Everything Was Clean. All The Staff Worked Great To Make Sure Everyone Was Happy. Food Was very Repetitive And Not Very Hot If You Like Chicken , Pork, Chips, Fish Then Your Ok. Sunbeds If You Want A Decent Spot Then 4-5am Just To Put A Towel Down On The Floor And Then Go Back Down At 8.30am To Get The Sunbeds As They Are Locked Up. Pool Is Very Busy With Kids Very Hard To Relax Or Swim, It Was That Busy A Girl Had An Accident Due To Being Pushed In And Clashing Heads (MAY I ADD NO FIRST AIDER ON SITE OR FIRST AID KIT). Rooms Were A Reasonable Size But NO AIR CON And The Room Gets Very Hot, Fans Are Available To Hire For 25 Euros. These Were A Bit Helpful. Some Nights The Balcony Became A Bedroom. All In All I Had A Better Time Out Of The Hotel On The Beach And At Marineland. Mini Club For The Kids Lasted 15mins And The Same 5 Songs. After Mini Club Was Bingo And Quiz That The Kids Couldn't Take Part In Due To The Prize Being A Bottle Of Champagne. If Its Kids Club Then Kids Should Play And It Be A Kids Prize Then Do A Adult Game After. Met A Nice Family Whilst There Who Felt The Same Way As We Did (COULDN'T WAIT TO GET HOME). Our 6 year Old Found It Very Hard To Do Stuff But Then Met A Friend And They Played In The Pool Non Stop. I Will Not Be Returning To This Hotel."

• Travel date: 17th August 2012

go with no expectations...then anything is a bonus....

Reviewed 12th August 2012

"cheap, affordable.....rooms are tiny, food is poor quality, NO AIR CON....signs everywhere about behaviour therefore felt like I was in school, sun beds ?? people get outside at 7am to lay their towels on the floor ready to then get their sun bed at 8.30am....as thye are locked up till then....not allowed in pool before 9 am.... views rom hotel... a dual carriage way runs opposite, ADSA style supermarket to left or a farm to the rear....needs re decorating as very dark....however clean and staff are cheery considering....I wouldn't take kids not enough for then to eat or do...its OK to just get away for three nights tops...any longer you would go mental....."

• Travel date: 11th August 2012

Family holiday 2012

Reviewed 4th August 2012

"We arrived at this hote late on Friday 20th July.. it was very lively when we got there. The reception staff we quick to get us organised and directed to our room. Everything about this holiday was brilliant..the staff are so friendly and joke with the children. We have never been somewhere where the staff work so hard. From the cleaners to the bar staff to the entertainment crew, the were all so amazing!! The resturant was lovely..there is lots of variety and the waiters were constantly checking the temperature of the food to ensure there were no poorly tums!! They were also quick to clear your plates away :) So on the down side..our room was way too small, there were 5 in our party, two adults, two teenagers and a twelve year old..we were in a very small room, no balcony (so no where to hang your clothes to dry) and a very small bathroom which got very hot! We did feel a bit closed in and didn't get many good quality sleeps..also no air conditioning, but you could hire fans. The entertainment is lively, so if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing break, this isn't for you. If you have small children the staff try so hard to get them involved in all sorts of activities so that the parents can have a drink in peace!! The train to the beach is fab, how the drivers manage to stay so jolly in the heat is beyond me!:) On the whole, despite the room situation, this was a good holiday! :)"

• Travel date: 3rd August 2012

It was brilliant...

Reviewed 28th July 2012

"This hotel was absaloutly brilliant, the service was exellent the food was up to standard and the bar and reception staff were lovely and frindly. The rooms could have been a bit better, but overall I would defiantly go there again!!!!! :)"

• Travel date: 28th July 2012
  • ...

Hotels near Santa Susanna Resort

Top traveller tips for Santa Susanna Resort

• by Marie M

"plan your week, plenty to do."

• by Devonvicx

"None don't go there!!"

• by phyllis hislop

"Book an alternative hotel"

• by LouLoftus

"if you are taking young children make sure you have portable games to keep them amused"

• by carol L

"get out and about dont stay in the hotel"

• by drinks in kids beakers !!!!

"set your alarm.....or you won't get a sun bed or a place near the pool to watch your kids swimming....."

• by 5678???

"The pool was lovely , and fun"

• by Jennifer T

"Go to Marineland water park,Dolphin show amazing and water rides great too. Cost 101 euros for 5 of us. Free bus from the hotel. A great day..."

• by Nick H

"Get to the restaurant early if you can, especially if you have small children as there are few high chairs"

• by Lewis C

"Take ear plugs and a horse tranquilliser, close your eyes and think of somewhere else."

• by Irene H

"enjoy every day get up early its family orientated not noisy rowdy"

• by lovesantasusanna

"the market in town on a tuesday is very good, ( beware of pick pockets in the town)"

• by tyblonde

"Hire a car and take a travel kettle with you."

• by Tori

"Pay to borrow a fan at reception."

• by happy times

"dont have any pre conceptions, just enjoy the surroundings, if the pool is full use the beach dont just moan,"

• by DAD

"I really dont know, dont eat the food "

• by holidayfun

"even though evening entertainment sounds a bit naff, it was enjoyable after a couple of drinks!"

• by olympics

"update the internal fixtures and fittings and sort a new menu"

• by smiler

"Santa Suzzana-OK for cheap break in sun. "

• by russ weaver

"Great For A winter Break"

Santa Susanna Resort is also called