This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near Santa Susanna Aparthotel

Good

great value for money hotel

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"stayed 6 nights on the all inclisive programme, dont understand where all the bad reviews come from. Reception staff are friendly,bar and restaraunt staff are friendly, food is typical spanish buffet style but always plenty of choice and hot.
rooms are clean and quite roomy housekeeping is excellent, rooms cleaned, fresh towels beds made every day
emtertainment is a little thin on the ground but generally every night there is something to occupy you.
many good bars and restaraunts (try the station for a steak fantastic)within 10 mins walking distance and the beach is only 5 mins walk away
pool is on the roof small but clean with quite a few sunbeds available and a few tables and chairs.
the only thing i could say that is a little frustrating is the fact that there is not enough seating (3 plastic tables and 12 plastic chairs) outside to enjoy a drink or watch the world go by.
all in all when you consider the low low cost of staying here you realy cant go wrong its genuine value for money."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of May 2008

very good hotel

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"we have just come back from a 8 day holiday at this hotel. first impression of the reception staff was not good they were not very polite but hotel room lovely and clean and large its soo comfortable you could live in it, manager is not nice hes not nice and the assistent manager is even worse so beware, barstaff were very friendly. some of the resturant staff were nice and friendly to children and some were miserable, kids entertainer marchello was very good and great with kids but mini disco should of been longer. other entertainment was average, games room was good but the pool tables kept being out of order. pool was small and freezing but kids pool was better. food was ok breakfast was the best plenty of choice other meals are repeated. overall this is a brilliant hotel good value for money and i would come back again"

• Travel date: Tue 20th of May 2008

Amazing value

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I booked an incredible bargain week here and was a bit worried by some of the reviews. Basically, the price for a family of four was £31 a night including breakfast and dinner! That's for all four of us, not each! Incredible. So for that price, we were worried. Instead what we found on arrival was a sizeable clean apartment. It had a separate room with twin beds for us, then our children aged 7 and 5 had a bed each in the lounge area. The room included a two ring electric hob, sink and full size fridge. It was very lacking in equipment though, just three plates, one knife and two saucepans. I had read about the lack of mugs online, so took our own. As for the food, it was a buffet service. Yes much of the choices were fairly bland, but for the money we paid I was expecting gruel! I was expecting stale rolls for breakfast and whilst there were some, you could also have a full cooked breakfast from the buffet self service. The children baulked at the cereal, which was soft. There was a popular toaster and plenty of fresh fruit and yoghurt. For dinner, our children mostly lived off pasta a chips, but for the adults there was a good selection of cold salads, soup, and at least three different main courses. There is a small playpark next to the apartment block which the young children loved and a good amusement section within the hotel. There is some evening entertainment. Most of the guests seemed to be all inclusive, but I think there were restrictions. Basically our entire trip including flights was less than £450. Six weeks later it would have been £1500. I would not have enjoyed a week there for that price, but all in all we had a great time. The staff were friendly and the room maids especially efficient. There is a small pool on top of the block, but it was freezing and an equally freezing paddling pool. We bought our chilren paint brushes so they could water paint! Trains efficient to take you along the coast. It's about 7 euros return to Barcelona. All in all, we had a great week. If you go in the summer, you might be disappointed, but in April it was fab!"

• Travel date: Sun 20th of April 2008

Bargain Break!!

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"We stayed at the SS Aparthotel at the start of October and loved it. The weather was great, and because the pool area is small, we used the beach each day, where you can get drinks etc from the beachfront H Top Royal Sun.
We also visited the Royal Sun most evenings as the entertainment was better than our hotel.
All of the hotel was immaculately clean, and we had a large room on a corner with a wrap around balcony.
The only downside is the food, which is poor by any standards, and I am not a fussy eater!
The barstaff could be a bit surly, but as usual, there were some Brits whose main objective was to drink their own weight in alcohol, so it may be justied!!
The railway station is a 10-15 minute walk, and a trip to Barcelona is a must at about £4.50 return, but a day is not enough.
Overall this was a bargain budget holiday."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of December 2007

An enjoyable time.

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"After reading some of the negative reviews I went with a sense of dread. The worry was soon wiped away. The staff on reception were pleasant and helpful. Our apartment was roomy and comfortable with a huge balcony. The rooms were cleaned and floors washed daily as were the public areas. In the dining room the waiting staff were constantly clearing and cleaning. Some people complained about the food and to be fair it was basic but not inedible. I am fussy but found something everyday and was never hungry. The entertainment was not great but it is the end of the season and there was quite a lot of older people in the hotel. The hotel pass allows you to visit other HTop hotels but you need to remember to book before 7pm the day before. The roof top area was an excellent place to sunbathe or just sit and relax and you forgot that you were in abusy resort as it was so quiet up there. If you want a basic clean all inclusive deal then give it a try."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of October 2007

Good Time Liz, Paul, Shannon

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"Have just returned from santa susanna and i must say we had a great holiday.The Hotel was very clean as were the rooms which were cleaned daily, fresh towels every day. Onto the food, we were all inclusive and I can honestly say the food was not great, but on saying that we always found something we could eat and fill us up, remember it is only a 3* Hotel.We had our 3year old daughter with us and she absolutely loved it. Pool area on roof was great as we
could keep an eye without having to move, it is not large but enough.Entertainment was not good, but with meeting lots of great people we made our own Entertainment and had great nights sitting either outside or in.Santa Susanna as a place is lovely, walk along the front at night is full of lovely market stalls, and not rowdy. All in all we had a fab time.Forgot to mention the DRINK, could not complain about the local wines and spirits,or even the soft drinks. Ice cream was available also for the kids all day
."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of September 2007

very good for a 3 star

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"dont believe all the bad reviews i visited this hotel and was impressed with the food always a good choice and i didnt find anything i could complain about my eight year old son is quite a fussy eater and he always had something to eat. the rooms were great plenty of space and very clean. the only thing i would fault this hotel is the entertainment was terrible i would advice to venture out of the hotel at night which is a pitty when you go all inclusive. apart from the entertainment myself and my family enjoyed stayin at this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of September 2007

What a disapointment

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"This is a very honest review. I have just returned from a weeks half board at this hotel and it is a big disapointment. Firstly I wasn't meant to be in this town never mind this hotel but that is a different story. To give the hotel credit the rooms are large and quite comfortable and the cleaners work hard all day. The room is cleaned each day and fresh towels provided. I asked for a second pillow for the bed which was not a problem. The pool area is quite small and is situated on the roof which is not as big a problem as you would imagine it to be. WARNING the water in the pool is FREEZING cold but you do get used to it when you are in it for a while. I have a seven year old boy and five year old girl and they really enjoyed the pool area and even though it is on the roof I found it safe enough for the kids although the tiles around the pool do get slippy. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. The major downfall of this hotel and it is major is the food. IT IS AWFULL. It got to a stage where we brought our own butter to breakfast because the hotels butter tastes so bad. The milk for the cerial was always warm and the toast had to go through the toaster twice so it could brown. The fruit juice is from a machine (similar to a coke/orange machine used in cafes etc for dashes). It tasted disgusting. Some times the only thing to come out of it was water and no flavouring. I know it is Spain and you dont get the same type of food that we get in Britain and Ireland but the hot (and I use the word hot reluctantly) food counter is a disgrace. The bacon is very thinly cut and is completely swimming in oil and under cooked. As a family we didnt go to breakfast on three occassions as we simply couldn't face it. Thankfully we were only half board and didnt have to eat the lunch but by all accounts it was just as bad. The food!!! in the evening was even worse. HONESTLY. Most nights my wife and I had a salad for tea and the kids had ice cream as the rest of the food was DISGUSTING. Chips were available each evening!!! but these were cold and undercooked. One night in particular they offered what appeared to be hot spam with tomato puree over the top!!!! Pork was on most evenings and it was again awfull. I had to take a piece off my child as it was so undercooked. I complained one evening about a mousse that was available as it was so sour it tasted of vomit. The manager asked me if i didnt like coconut. I tried to explain that it was sour and people should not be eating it. All the time the chef stood watching what I was saying throwing dirty looks. I do not want to spoil anyones holiday but if you are going here be prepared to eat out. There are several good bars/cafes etc close by. We ate in a bar called the drunken duck on a couple of occassions, which is close to the hotel, the food is very good and the crack with Phil (the owner) and jordan (Phils son) is sure to make you laugh.
All in all Santa Susanna is a nice resort however this hotel was such a real let down and it will prevent me from going to the resort in the near future."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of August 2007

Not bad for a 3*

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"The aparthotel santa susana is a typical 3* in spain, the staff are friendly and the atmosphere is generally quiet - so it was an ideal break away for the hectic work life.

There was great flexability with food i found there to be alot of choice, alot of spanish food was nicely prepared for us, whats the point in going to Spain if all you want is chips and burgers??!!!
If you didnt fancy anything you had a small kitchenette in your room so you could make the odd hot dog if needs be.

I found the entertainment team to be a real laugh - its not a broadway show so dont gi there expecting it to be but its a real joy to watch.

The best bit was the fact that as its part of a HTOP chain you can use the coach service daily to check out all the other HTOP hotels, use their facilities and eat in them aswell, all in all it was very well organised.

The reviews that have been posted about this hotel i feel maybe a bit strong, a holiday is only what you make of it"

• Travel date: Wed 13th of June 2007

Would not recomend for Familes and Food is not too good

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"We have just returned from Santa Susanna Aparthotel and would not recomend going there. We were all inclusive with 4 kids and the food was not very good. It was the same thing all the time with hardly any variation at all. Rooms were good though and cleaned daily. Staff were nice. No entertainment at all for families with kids, we have 4 kids ages from 11-16 and they were bored. Santa Susanna is very nice and the Tuesday market is great, great train routes to Barcelona though. I recomend Marineland it is a great day out if you have kids. Pool on 6th floor, small but clean."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of October 2006