Great Hotel

Reviewed Fri 13th of July 2012

"Great hotel very clean, I found reception staff to be very friendly and efficient. The pool was a little small but most of the time you could have it to yourself although the hotel was fully booked. Plenty of sun loungers which were wiped down regularly. The restaurant had plenty of choices and there was always something you could find to eat even if it was a nice salad, the waiters were very attentive and brought your drinks to your table and sometimes would remember what you ordered every night.
We had a very enjoyable week at this 3* hotel and would go there again without hesitation.

• Travel date: Thu 12th of July 2012

very enjoyable

Reviewed Tue 2nd of November 2010

"This hotel was very pleasant,the reception staff were very helpfull and polite as so were the bar staff.
The food was very well cooked and nice but it was a bit repetitive ,me and the people i was with literally ate chips every night of out holiday,the restaurant caters for lots of different people but there didnt seem to be enough english food but overall the food was ok.
The pool was surprisingly a good size after seeing other pools in the area on the way to the hotel we was a bit worried that it was going to be small but it wasnt it was a really good size, the pool area was spacious so you had your own space.The bar was very nice and so were the staff we even got free drinks.In the afternoon we used to get a bit pekish as we had breakfast early so we used to have something to eat from the bar which was very nice at a reasonible price.
The rooms were very nice and not to small they were cleaned when ever you want it to be cleaned, the entertainment for me was the only downer for the hotel it was pretty rubbish there used to just be a telly at the front with football or something on or a keyboard player which wasnt our cup of tea.
overall we enjoyed the holiday and i would happily go back to the hotel again if they sorted their entertainment out."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of November 2010

A real good spanish holiday !

Reviewed Mon 4th of October 2010

"The Hotel Stella is with out a doubt the best. Me and my family travelled to the costa brava by ferris Coach holidays we have been going with ferris for 15 years and would highly recommend it. It is a coach so it isnt going to be luxury but it is worth it when you turn up to the hotel stella. We have gone here for the past 3 year and have loved every year. It is a very friendly welcoming hotel.The rooms are extremely clean and well air conditioned to the point of having to turn it off as it got too cold when it was 40 degrees outside. The hotel restaurant is the best hotel food we have ever had they have French and Catalunian themed nights wich are brilliant the food is amazing including the well trained staff that understand english. There is a kids club wich is great to put them in that they will enjoy very much when we need ralxing time round the pool on the sun terrace that is tranquil. there is a gym that has a great view of pineda on the top floor. We have stayed in a range of family rooms and i can say that even though we have stayed in 3 very different rooms i have no complaints. Even one of our family rooms consisted of two bedrooms with two plasmas and a brand new bathroom washroom. There is a minimal amount of entertainment but what there is, is very good. But its a resort, go to the very safe bars and high street if thats what you need. I absoloutly love the Costa Brava by far Pineda is the best the beach is clean the high street is spanish and the area is worth the holiday. It is very enjoyable dont take in any other reviews as we have alot of experiance and would recommend the hotel Stella for an enjoyable holiday !!!P.s It is a dog friendly hotel(you wouldnt know it untill you saw a dog on a lead) so possibly drive as some of our family have before and have had no problems and enjoyed their holiday with us there. :)"

• Travel date: Thu 30th of September 2010

Good 3 star hotel

Reviewed Wed 8th of September 2010

"Holiday from 20/08/2010 - 04/09/2010
We arrived at the Stella hotel about 12.15. First thoughts we ok.
Until we unloaded our suitcases and walk into the hotel.

The Reception:
This was lovely and clean and the staff were first class. our room was not ready at the time, but no problem they showed us where to our cases until the room was ready. So to pass the time we walked into town(about two min walk). When the room was ready it was lovely and clean,but a bit small for 2 adults and 2 kids. But it was ok.
The Maids.
I must say the maids are brill, they come in every day clean the room and change the towels if required.Nothing was to much trouble.

The Pool.

Not the biggest, but again no complaints it was clean and plenty off sun beds. It was nice to see not having to walk out and see towels all over the sunbeds and no-one sitting on them.

The Restaurant.
Amazing !!!! Some reports were saying a bit bland. Yes it would be if you were looking just for food you get from the take-away at home. There was so much choice at breakfast and at evening meal. Food was cooked fresh while you wait, pleanty of choice for all taste. On Friday's they do theme nights, and these were brill.
There food was not 3 stars more like 5 stars- Well done Stella..

Bar.
This is the only down side to the hotel.

The bar staff need to learn how to smile and be a bit more polite... Whey were not rude but compare to the rest of the staff they let the side down.
The bar was always clean and tidy they were good at that, shame they could not smile a bitr more...

The Kids Club.

This was run by Kelly.

You had a morning club,a late afternoon club and a kids disco at night. our kids had a brill time with her and did plenty of stuff to keep them happy. Well Done Kelly !!

The Town.

A lovely clean place, and lovely place to stay.

Overall.

I would say a great place to stay."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of September 2010

Great Hotel

Reviewed Fri 18th of June 2010

"Hotel Stella is a great hotel , the food and entertainment is amazing . staff are really friendly and willing too help you , especially the cheif entertainer. going again this year because it was so good and bringing more of the family this time."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of February 2010

loved it,except entertainment.

Reviewed Wed 23rd of September 2009

"my friend and i travelled by ferris coach ,and found the seats very uncomfortable even though we payed extra for platinum seats.A few people on our coach hadn,t payed for platinum yet had the same seats as us,which seemed a little unfair.The Stella Hotel was everything we hoped for,very clean rooms,great food and pleasant staff.reserving sunbeds was not allowed which was great as we had no problem finding one.The pool was freezing at first but ok once you were in it. The pool jacuzzi was lovely.The coastal railway was a really cheap way of getting around and a trip to Barcelona took just over an hour.We practically had the beach to ourselves which was good.The hotel entertainment was the only thing that disappointed us and pineda is a very quiet resort,great if you just want to chill, but if you,re looking for somewhere lively pineda isnt it.All in all we had a lovely holiday,and didnt want to come home.I forgot to say that there was champagne on ice at breakfast every morning which was a nice touch.If the stella was in a different resort i would go every year."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of September 2009

My mother and I overall had a fantastic...

Reviewed Sat 19th of April 2008

"My mother and I overall had a fantastic holiday at the Stella. The rooms were A1 cleaned everyday, clean towels, friendly maid service.
We met some lovely people there too.
A few pointers for english travellers...

This is catalonian spain. Not everyone speaks english (any why should they? its SPAIN!) Make a little effort with the locals and they love you for it.

Again this is spain, if you want a roast dinner everyday go on holiday elsewhere. The food is very continental especially at dinner time. Breakfast was spectacular though plenty of hot snacks, fruit, meat and juices. Dinner was a bit rough sometimes even by spanish standards pork fat and veal on catalonian gala nights just didnt do it for me, or my mum (and i'm not picky!) On the bright side there was at least one thing out on the buffet that was either vegetarian or english.

The bar was friendly, the entertainment, although sparse, quite entertaining (check out the parrot show!) Drinks a bit pricey though.

Ok now for the bit that spoiled the holiday for us..THE SWIMMING POOL WAS ABSOLUTELY FREEZING!!!! I am not exactly afraid of the cold, but when your legs are turning blue its time to get out. The pool area was stunning (its better than some 4* hotels ive stayed at) The jacuzzi was lovely just a shame we couldnt use it :-(

The building work next to the hotel wasn't a problem really, just a tad annoying when walking to the sea front. Overall hotel really lovely and we would definitely stay there again if they lowered low season prices a little.

Some more good and bad points of our holiday were:
We used resort hoppa. The driver decided that the coach was too big to drop us off at the hotel door, and made us leave at the main highway about a mile away. After lugging our suitcases in all directions (i'm glad I learned the spainish for asking the way!) we finally arrived. Funny thing is no one else had problems with their coach drop off and the pick up went smoothly.

Finally some good points about the hotel and Pineda de Mar.
The hotel is in a very nice location. Its a 2 minute walk to the beach, which was stunning. A 10 minute walk to the shops (ok shops but if your after bargains head to Malgrat or Callela.) And 5 minute walk to the train station. Trains go either way to Lloret (not our best day out) and Barcelona (good-but dont go on a sunday!) and we never paid more than 6 euros return. If you like walking you can hike it to Callela about 45 mins along the seafront (get to seafront and head right) there are some good shops there nice for buying handbags and gifts. And there are plenty of benches and places to stop if your hot! However if your legs cant handle the walking (like my mum) we used the little local "choo choo" tourist train. It stopped opposite the hotel and takes your right into Callela. The return fare was about 4 euros each (possibly cheaper) and the driver was very pleasent and friendly.

Finally if you turn left at the seafront you can walk to Santa Susanna (about 45 mins) then on to bargain city Malgrat. (Where we are heading to in 4 weeks.)
Above all I enjoyed my stay there at the Stella. But really I think it was the locals, the weather (beautiful) the shopping and the easy public transport that really made our stay. The hotel staff (who can seem frosty at first) are welcoming and are eager to make your stay pleasent. A simple Gracias and Hola make a huge difference.
We are heading to Malgrat soon, only for the simple fact that were on a budget and the hotel there was cheaper.

Note that we found car hire, dining out and hotel drinks expensive. Also if your flying with ryanair dont go over your luggage allowance the WILL charge you and its extremely expensive. They dont let you share your luggage weight with the whole of your party either (eg mums weighed 12KG mine weighed 19KG and they still charged me for 4KG) so beware!

Book the Stella, if you get a good deal. I hope your found this review helpful. Happy Holidays!"

• Travel date: Sat 19th of April 2008

Hotel very nice on arrival with my 13 ye...

Reviewed Wed 5th of September 2007

"Hotel very nice on arrival with my 13 year old daughter who was looking forward to using the indoor pool and spa. You had to be over 15 to use these facilities which was a huge disappointment as this had not been stated. The room was nice enough no complaints there.

Where my huge complaint was; the food. We were booked on a half board basis the only food remotely English was chips chips chips the rest was continental catering for Spanish, French, German, Polish, Danish etc. I did complain and asked to go on a room only basis and get my money back that had been paid upfront but my request was denied.

I am easy going with food and probably could have managed to eat something but my daughter just couldn't so we ended up eating out which I didn't budget for. So unless your able to eat all these different foods be careful with booking to stay here."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of September 2007

We stayed here for 9 days and enjoyed it...

Reviewed Sat 25th of August 2007

"We stayed here for 9 days and enjoyed it very much. The room was adequate for our needs as there was only two of us. Maids cleaned room every day and gave clean towels.

Landlady was very helpful as were all the staff in the hotel. Lift or stairs were always available.

The food was ok, being not used to Spanish cuisine we found it quite edible and there was plenty of choice on the menu. Good entertainment in the evening but not much of it to our liking.

Overall this is a very friendly hotel and the resort was enchanting to us.

Beautiful beach and promenade, lovely harbour, great for shopping and especially the old lady in the square who sold hot chestnuts. Train journeys incredible as the station was right on the promenade and we went to all other local towns nearby.

Markets were plentiful on every day of the week. (Enjoyed seeing the nudist beach on route).

Would recommend any couple or family to stay here come summer or winter. We will most definitely recommend this resort and hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of August 2007

Excellent value for money - friendly sta...

Reviewed Mon 23rd of April 2007

"Excellent value for money - friendly staff in the dining room and courteous, efficient staff at reception.

Good pool. Centrally located but far enough away from main line railway. Going for our second stay this year.

Food is easily good enough to take as much as you want. Occasional 'Champagne' breakfasts.

Clean room with all usual facilities including air-conditioning. Maid service every day. Pleasant aspect from balcony."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of April 2007

Excellent food. Terrific staff, a bit fr...

Reviewed Sun 22nd of April 2007

"Excellent food. Terrific staff, a bit frosty though, but efficient.

Rooms very clean, could not fault it at all.

We discovered that the shower was not in working order on the first day of our holiday, it was repaired within a few hours of my informing reception."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of April 2007

Lovely hotel, staff very friendly, food...

Reviewed Thu 17th of August 2006

"Lovely hotel, staff very friendly, food nice, children’s entertainment could have been better for ages 12years and up but under 10s enjoyed it. Hotel was very clean we did see 2 dogs while staying there but there was no problem with them.

I would recommend this hotel for nice quite relaxing holiday, or for older people, pool was nice and clean and they had entertainment there most days for the young and old. Over all we enjoyed our stay. We were a group of 18 with mixed ages ranging from 6years to 64 years.

• Travel date: Thu 17th of August 2006

Hotels near Sumus Hotel Stella &Spa

Top traveller tips for Sumus Hotel Stella &Spa

• Holidaymaniac by Holidaymaniac

"Great for people of all ages "

• Dot by Dot

"Idea for familys and great for a spanish holiday "

• Mally Gibbs by Mally Gibbs

"We loved Pineda and love going there. "

• becky by becky

"allready planning holiday is the area for next year "

Sumus Hotel Stella &Spa is also called