This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near H.TOP Paradis Park

Good

NEVER BOOK THIS IF YOUR USED TO A NICE UP TO DATE HOTEL ROOM!!booked two rooms for two familys ended up in a two bed apt

Reviewed Mon 10th of August 2015

"Nightmare if you end up in the apartments which not even on the complex ! we were shown 4 rooms before i said yes because the first few smelt ( but we found out later they let people bring dogs cat etc to the rooms , we booked 2 rooms for 6 people but the only room that was at any standard was a 2 bedroom apartment on the 4th floor ( which was 1970's decor it was a nightmare to wait around for 6 people to get showered or even use the toilet if someone was having a shower! the block is over the road from the hotel(there rooms not much better) after seeing one,the hotel itself is ok the staff have to work with what they have so credit to them the entertainment staff (Christiano ) is ace cant fault him and Nelly ( the management should let them have more of a say in what they do with the children though because they are good without having to be told what to do and what not to do.the food was ok and the staff were nice in the dinner room Sonya is lovely and runs around you cant miss her,the bar staff work hard too understaffed at times.pool area is very small and if you want a sunbed you must have your towel on before 8am or you have no chance at all "

• Travel date: Sun 9th of August 2015

****GREAT****

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"well what can i say... this has to be 1 of the best holidays ever... i went with my mum her boyfriend and my little sister....not the biggest hotel ever but who cares every thing was spot on!!!! big laugh very kin all round loved it!!!!

• Travel date: Tue 6th of October 2009

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

Reviewed Thu 30th of July 2009

"This was the Holiday from hell! I am an honest, objective person who knows what to expect when you book a three star hotel, which is not the greatest of luxury, but this hotel is of a poor standard, coupled with the tour company SUN 4 U, it was a disaster.

NEVER, EVER BOOK A HOLIDAY THROUGH SUN 4 U! EVER.

The holiday was a disgrace full of lies and deceit both from the information SUN 4 U gave us and the actions of the transfer company they hired on our behalf.

To begin, the transfer company (resorthoppa.com) kept us waiting for 2 hours and 15 minutes at the airport before they would allow us on a bus. They told us that we could get on a bus at 1.30pm (after arriving at 12.30pm). At 1.30pm, they told us it would be 2pm. At this time, they said they did not know when we could board a bus. We eventually boarded a bus at 2.45pm.

However, the bus driver drove straight past our hotel (Paradis Park, Pineda De Mar) and I assumed he must have been heading elsewhere and returning. After 5 minutes I spoke to the driver and he told us that he would not take us to the Paradis hotel, (he outright refused to do so) as we were not on his list to go there. When I looked at his list we were referenced as staying in the Casino Royal in Lloret De Mar.
We saw this printed down on his list so assumed that our allocation on arrival had changed from the hotel SUN 4 U advised us on. (Which I must say was only informed to us 13 hours before we actually departed. Upon making the booking on the internet, it said we would be advised 3 days before, and SUN 4 U operators told me 48-24 hours maximum upon the confirmation phonecall. Both were clearly lies.)

We were dropped in Lloret De Mar and entered the hotel. We handed over our accommodation voucher and they did not have us down on their records. They made a phone call (do not know who to) and said we were referenced as in the Paradis hotel.
We had no way of getting there other than a taxi which we felt we should not have to pay for. As a consequence of this I asked if we could phone resorthoppa on their phone as I was not prepared to pay for the taxi with my spending money I brought with me. The receptionist shouted, “Get the manager of the Paradis to pay for it. It is not our problem.” He was rude and offensive.
We eventually got a taxi to the Paradis for €28.70 and arrived at the Paradis. Upon handing in the accommodation voucher, they too had never heard of us and refused us a room. The receptionist (who was very helpful and a credit to his hotel) allowed us to call the emergency number in SUN 4 U's literature and we spoke to a very pleasant and helpful lady called Eileen who got in contact with SUN 4 U to phone through our details to the hotel. We evebntually got a room - Thanks for nothing Sun 4 U. Would have complained to the rep, but they did not provide one - wonder why?!

This disgusting account of events lead to us not booking into the hotel until 6pm, losing our first afternoon and putting stress and anxiety on the pair of us. NOT the way to start a relaxing break I am sure you will agree?

Now we have the problem with our “3 star hotel”.
The Paradis Park hotel is classed as a 3 star hotel? Who has classed this and why is there NO consistency with this claim? We visited many other H Top hotels in the area and all 3 star hotels had far better décor and presentation (E.g Santa Sussanna, Casino Royal, Planamar and Olympic – all 3 star H top hotels we visited).

We had to take photos to show the vast difference in star ratings in the hotels as we felt totally ripped off but SUN 4 U ignored this. We were placed in a 2 star hotel (no one can dispute this) which has simply had three stars allocated to it by some travel company.

To top it all, the Paradis Park has a pest infestation of flies (in 2008, I cannot comment on whether this is still the case). There were flies absolutely everywhere within the hotel outside bar and pool area –and I mean everywhere. It was incredibly uncomfortable trying to relax in these areas when you have between 10 and 20 flies constantly crawling over your skin. When we talked to staff members about this problem they said it was to do with the nearby river.
Well firstly, the river was dried out so there is no way they were reproducing there. And secondly, these flies do not reproduce in water they are detritivores which feed of off rotting food and garbage. This rotting food and garbage must clearly have been within the hotel compound (most being in the fruit bowls of the restaurant) as a short walk of a few meters away from the hotel leaves you in an area where there are no flies – just a dried up river bed which is where we were told they came from! I believe the staff have been attempting to cover up something here – perhaps a problem with waste disposal and hygiene?

The restaurant had little variation of meals in the evening and rotting fruit on a few occasions. The food was extremely greasy, something I would not expect from a kitchen of a 3 star hotel.

Our room was also poor. THERE WERE WIRES CONNECTED WITH INSULATION TAPE IN OUR BATHROOM, not recognised cable block connectors. The fact that wires were exposed is poor, the fact that they were not connected safely was an insult to our health and safety and the location of a bathroom is quite criminal.

We also experience another lie from SUN 4 U here. I will quote from the literature that they sent us, “Room facilities (as a minimum) – Balcony/terrace”.
We received neither. We did however receive a window covered in bars which, with the rest of the totally outdated furniture felt like a prison cell. It was not a relaxing place to be at all.

In conclusion I was extremely dissatisfied with the amenities and environment provided by the “3 star hotel.”

I believed that we should have received compensation from SUN 4 U as we paid for a hotel of a certain standard and we had not received it. We had paid for a balcony/terrace and not received it. We have been treated poorly and in a way that totally upset the nature of our holiday and made it a total nightmare from start to finish.

Upon writing to SUN 4 U with photos of the flies (man, the flies!) makeshift electrician job, very outdated decor (especially for a three star) and our beautiful balcony (actually bars on the window), they ignored us. I sent them another letter a few weeks later and they eventually contacted us agreeing to pay back the Taxi fare, but nothing else. We were essentially told that they have never had any problems with this hotel before. We spoke to other disgruntled people booking through SUN 4 U at the same time we booked and it is evidnet from this website that it continues!

SUN 4 U did offer us £20 off our next purchase through them! As if I would ever book through them again! They are ignorant to the problems we had!

On a plus side, the reception staff at the hotel were always excellent, as to were most of the bar staff (but not all). The restaurant staff were adequete to rude.

Eseesntially - NEVER BOOK THROUGH SUN 4U if you wish to have an enjoyable experience!"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of July 2009

Brilliant holiday!!

Reviewed Thu 13th of November 2008

"Me and my boyfriend booked out holiday as a last minute thing through teletext and after a long search through holiday picked this hotel as the flights were good for us and the pictures looked nice. After reading some of the reviews people had written we were a little bit wary about what to expect! We only paid 500 pounds for our whole holiday, all inclusive so werent expecting a great deal! When we arrived we were amzazed at what we got, the staff were friendly, the hotel was spectaularly cleaned, the pool was cleaned twice a day and the maids were always cleaning. The only down fall was the food lacked variaty. But as an all inclusive guest we had passes to eat, drink and use the facilities in the other hotels they had on the costa brava which was brilliant as this hotel didnt have an indoor swimming pool and others did. overall it was a brilliant holiday and very very good for the money. "

• Travel date: Wed 12th of November 2008

This hotel overall wasnt very good. They...

Reviewed Wed 10th of September 2008

"This hotel overall wasnt very good. They make it sound good by saying "Snacks All Day!" this is a majure lie. Snacks are only available certain times. The meals were always very basic, same thing over and over again. One of the main waiters is VERY rude and if you are English, dont use the restraunt because he has a habit of calling english people 'fat' and saying we eat all the time! I found this incredibly rude. Entertainment was very good, the entertainment team are a really good laugh and always have something different through the week. The bar staff were a bit friendly, although could be rude at times. The 'All Inclusive' isnt as good as it should be, to be honest. You have to buy additional food such as crisps, but thats not too bad because they are very cheap. All the alcahol is local and the spirits are rubbish, it seems like they are watered down. It takes about 10 vodkas to get drunk! The pool is just amazing here. It always has the sun on it, all through the day, and is massive! It also is quite deep (2.60m Deepest Point) so its good for any of the keen swimmers who like to do some diving. The rooms were very basic as you would expect, walls are paper thin. Now, the MAJURE downside of this hotel, FLIES! You cant sit round this hotel during the day, ANYWHERE at all outside, unless you want a bed of flies landing on you. The only place you can go is the pool without being riddled with flies. Now, the majure Upside to this holiday- its part of the 'H-top Group' whitch entitles you to go to any of the other 'H-Top Hotels' you want to. It is very close to the beach, about 5 minutes walk at max. Apart from the few bad things, I really enjoyed this holiday, but would not come back here, purely because theres no point going to the same place twice, when you can go anywhere else in the world. Thanks for taking your time to read this review, and I hope it is useful to you :)"

• Travel date: Wed 10th of September 2008

My husband, 6 year old twins and myself...

Reviewed Thu 7th of August 2008

"My husband, 6 year old twins and myself have just returned from a week at paradis park hotel. I am suprised that there are so many poor reviews of this hotel, we have had a lovely time. When we arrived the reception staff were helpful and Jasmine in particular was brilliant. Our room was small but we had a good bathroom and shower and the size of the room was never really a concern. The room had fantastic air conditioning too.
We were all inclusive and as we didn't pay much over £1000 for the whole holiday, flights, hotel and transfers we thought we got excellent value for money. There were always chips as an option but there were plenty of other options to choose from. The breakfast was good and for lunch and dinner there was always pasta, a meat dish and quite often fish. Lots of fresh fruit available. We never found ourselves with nothing we liked on offer. The food catered for both Brits and the french and spanish.
The pool was good. Nice shallower area for the children and a large deeper area. Always cleen.
We went on the medieval knight trip. You only have to pay for the coach and you get dinner as part of the evening too. Our kids loved it, even if it was a very late night. The castle is great and the theme is taken to the extreme. Our two loved cheering on their knight and booing the black knight. They really got into it.
I would also recommend Marine land as a great day out. 60 euros for four of us and it includes the water park and the dolphin and sea lion shows at the park.
If you have come across a great deal for this holiday don't be afraid to book it, its not top quaility but it is good value for money. It is definately a family holiday destination. If you are 20 odd and looking for a lively holiday this is not for you. The resort is really quiet and the entertainment at the hotel is aimed at the children most of the time. A lot of the entertainment was also aimed at the Spanish."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of August 2008

ARRIVAL My holiday in paradis park, well...

Reviewed Sat 26th of July 2008

"ARRIVAL
My holiday in paradis park, well where do I begin? Let’s start with the transfer, our transfer took us by our hotel and took us an extra hour to drop off one couple to double back and drop off everyone else on the bus. Then, finally arriving at the hotel in the middle of the night, we were met by the grumpiest night porter ever. Obviously in the dark we didn’t get a chance to see what the hotel was really like, we had to wait until morning. And when I opened my balcony window in the morning, I came face to face with a lorry and coach park for my view, which is not shown when viewing and booking this holiday. We were told our welcome meeting was not in our hotel, but in fact a 15 minute walk to a four star hotel. What was the reason for this? While we’re on the subject of the welcome meeting, we did not see a holiday rep once in our hotel. And when asked, we were told to go to the other hotel to go and find them.

FOOD AND RESTAURANT
The food was so basic and very little variety. What I can only describe as dishwater was their excuse for soup. On the picture, for example, showed minestrone soup. However, this was the first time I had ever seen minestrone soup without the veg and pasta. On quite a few occasions when trying to enter the restaurant for lunch or dinner, we were told to wait as there were no tables, only to find when eventually getting in and seated that half the tables were empty with a reserved sign on top which was meant for the French and Belgians, as the restaurant manager had a bias towards them. Food in my opinion, I would give a 2/10 as on some occasions it was undercooked, and very rarely were the British people catered for, which obviously forced us on several occasions to eat out, which added to the cost of our holiday.

BAR STAFF
I found the bar staff pleasant and helpful, until you questioned or complained about anything, and then they changed their attitude. Drinks were just the local beers and spirits, which were not to everyone’s tastes.

ENTERTAINMENT
Entertainment was the worst I have ever experienced on any holiday. For instance, in the two weeks I was there, there was a singer who was singing in French the whole night. When I approached and asked him to cater for the British and other nationalities, he informed me that management had instructed him to entertain the Belgians and French.

RECEPTION STAFF
I could not fault the reception staff. One in particular, a young lady called Jasmine who was most helpful and informative, but as even her hands were tied, she was only limited as to what she could help us with.

POOL
If you went for a sun lounger after 9 o’clock you had no chance as there were towels on all beds. But on closer inspection I was quite pleased I didn’t use them as the space was that small they were packed like sardines and you could not move the lounger. You had to slide on and off the lounger from top or bottom as there was no space at the sides of the loungers.

ROOM
Beds were very uncomfortable and very outdated. I think the beds were the original beds as to when the hotel was built. The smell from the pillows, which I didn’t use (I threw them in the back of the wardrobe) was disgusting. I used my own towels as pillows. As for the cleanliness of the room, I would only give it a 5/10. As I witnessed cleaners with one mop, coming out of one room and crossing straight into another room without even lifting the mop from the floor.

H-TOP Passport
The only good thing about this was the fact that you could use other hotels in the chain i.e. for lunch, snacks, visits and drinks. Which did give us a chance to escape from our hotel. But we were really disappointed, when informed as from 7pm each night, if you wanted to use your card you had to return to your own hotel or pay for whatever services we wanted. I felt that this was just a con as to fleece more money from us. When leaving other hotels each day and returning to our own, we were disappointed to the lack of seats and tables in our bar area as the bar was outside, with spiders and lizards crawling over the palm trees.

Although I seem to be painting a bad picture of this hotel, I am only writing from my opinion and experiences. I would never ever recommend it to anyone. I would give this hotel a rating of 2/10. And if it wasn’t for the help I received from reception, it wouldn’t have rated it at all.

• Travel date: Sat 26th of July 2008

I have given this hotel 1/10 because at...

Reviewed Sat 19th of July 2008

"I have given this hotel 1/10 because at least the reception staff were helpful. We couldn't believe the difference in the pictures on the website and the actual thing. The rooms are ok but not cleaned very ofetn, the beds are from a 50's army camp and so uncomfortabe and the food well I can't describe how bad it was. If you want to enjoy your holiday then DON'T BOOK FOR HERE.IT's the worst hotel I've ever stayed in and that is saying something because I have stayed in some bad ones. The all inclusive is a total rip off. "

• Travel date: Sat 19th of July 2008

i went away with my friend for a week fo...

Reviewed Sat 12th of July 2008

"i went away with my friend for a week for a relaxing break and for a bit off sun...hotel was ok..we stayed in the apartment block behind the hotel...it was ok but we didnt have a balcony which was a bit dissapointing...but it was fine...we went all inclusive...the food was ok...but we ate out a couple of nights...resort was lovely...weather was good...pool ok...jasmine the receptionist was really nice and very helpful...entertainment was poor but after a few drinks it was ok...people have said that its noisy at night...not at all...bar staff were nice n we always had a laugh with them...what can i say..you get what you pay for...your on holiday so chill n relax n have fun...we did...no complaints whatso ever...i would probably return to the paradis...transfer was ok...had to wait at the airport over an hour for other flights to come in...but not a major problem...not the best hotel i have stopped in but like i said you get what you pay for.."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of July 2008

i went to hotel paradis with my friend f...

Reviewed Thu 10th of July 2008

"i went to hotel paradis with my friend for a relaxing break...we had a lovely time...hotel and food a bit basic but for what we paid it was ok....staff were brill and couldnt do enough for you...i was a bit worried before we went as to the reviews i read on here...but was brill....the transfer...hotel and resort was ok....so dont believe everything you read on here...i would definatly return to the same hotel and resort...had a wicked time...."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of July 2008

THIS REVIEW COMES WITH A BIG WARNING!!!...

Reviewed Tue 1st of July 2008

"THIS REVIEW COMES WITH A BIG WARNING!!! we have just come back from a weeks holiday,two adluts two children ages 9 and 14...we arrived to be told we were not in the hotel itself,but the apartments at the back,they were horrible no more than prison cells old,no balcony,dim,and we were bed and breakfast only to find there were no kettle no plates no cutlery,and they charged us to hire them,but the hob you were not aloud to use. unless full board you were not aloud to buy food or be involed in much to do with the hotel at all,the reception staff were so brilliant it would be unfair to judge them, the catering staff were mostly great to,,the bar staff lack personality,,yes people do sit and drink day and night it was an eye opener,we came home absolutly shattered its a very noisey holiday,we ended up upgrading to all inclusive but bitterly regretted it.we stayed out all day,then had tea,and went out again,arriving back for a last drink,,the food was okay kids liked it,,the snacks were left over rubbish not to be eaten,,beware all inclusive they say all is free,,hey its so not,you still pay for ice creams,unless you have the tiny ice cream tubs.crisps you
pay for and a better drink you pay for unless your happy with cheap spirits that tastes of nothing,okay if you just want to get drunk,the beach was superb and a stunning fish restaurant.the town was lovely and if we had stayed any where else it would have been a fab holiday....please make sure you are not in the apartments they are as bad as people say trust me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of July 2008

the paridise park is your worst nightmar...

Reviewed Fri 27th of June 2008

"the paridise park is your worst nightmare hotel accomadation needs a total makeover,
the food must be about the worst i have seen in a hotel.chips chips and more chips breakfast noon and night . the staff are good and freindly and help you as best as thay can. pina de mar is very small and no night life at all apart from some shaby pubs here and there. i would not recommend this hotel to anybody so from me stay away and dont make the same mastake as me."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of June 2008

Hotels near H.TOP Paradis Park

Top traveller tips for H.TOP Paradis Park

• chapman7 by chapman7

"Pineda De Mar is a quiet but nice place. "

• jojo 2730 by jojo 2730

"ask for a hotel room in the main hotel ! "

H.TOP Paradis Park is also called