Good

watch we luv the roof top pool and seperate sun terrace it,s a typically old spanish town but you ae only a stone throw from the bizz if u wish and the train service along the coast is supberb so u don,t hav to be stuck lookin forwar to going bak in sept

Reviewed Tue 12th of August 2014

"This will be our 4th visit to this Hotel and luv it for it,s location cleanliness and friendliness to all lovely staff who give u a warm welcome it,s so tranquil and yet only a stone throw from the biz and short walk to the station where you can travel cheaply to other resorts and to Barcelona . The Hotel also has entertainment during the summer months and I see that there has been alterations to rooms and dining room since our last visit oh! by the way the church bell only chimes during the day it,s lovely luv it.

• Travel date: Sun 10th of August 2014

very noisy hotel and unhelpful staff

Reviewed Mon 15th of July 2013

"I stayed in Merce hotel for 2 weeks to celebrate my 21st birthday with my boyfriend, I will not return here again!! Firstly if you want a quiet relaxing holiday your not going to find it staying in this hotel, on the second day of arriving my boyfriend went to reception to ask if we could swap rooms as we had no sleep the previous night due to the church bells! He was spoken to rudely as if what he was asking was a massive hassle to them to which we were moved to a bigger room but still right next to the church. The rest of our time staying here we felt unwelcome by them for asking for a small favor. Other guests were very noisy at night we were being woken 2 or 3 times a night by banging or arguing but the walls are very thin which doesn't help. There absolutely no night life at all. On a positive note the weather was lovely and beach only 10 to 15 min walk. It was a massive shame about the hotel otherwise the holiday would have been lovely."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of July 2013

excellant

Reviewed Mon 6th of August 2012

"me and a friend stayed here for a week full board in july 2012. The hotel is very clean and staff friendly the food is good the resort is quiet but we went for a relax and thats what we got. The hotel is a short walk from the sea and all the local amenities. I think you get what u pay for and we did. A good relaxing holiday with good food and reasonable entertainment."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of August 2012

a very nice holiday

Reviewed Fri 18th of May 2012

"16/05/2012 just returned from our ten day stay , its a quite place just what we needed the hotel is clean, dont look much from outside but its decent inside every thing worked for a change lol. but the staff are really good never any where in the world have we been looked after as these guys did in the main bar we have lewis a nice bloke, upstaires at the pool bar the is dieago from brazil this guy is a gem and made our stay he will do any thing for ya the recepsion staff are nice , thanks for a fab time guys all the very best in your future, baz and sue. and we met simon peg there lol he will no,"

• Travel date: Fri 18th of May 2012

rubbish

Reviewed Thu 10th of May 2012

"the hotel staff was not very helpful wasnt even booked into hotel after paying a fortune took 2 hour to sort out the balconey doors would not lock the food is very basic and always cold the hotel was clean that is the only good point about it. the area around the pool is not safe and the railing are falling off not safe one bit will not recomend to any1 there nothing for children to do. the night life is just not the is no music. the area is crap and full of gangs "

• Travel date: Thu 10th of May 2012

I wouldn't bother

Reviewed Wed 21st of September 2011

"Myself and my wife have just got back from a week here. We booked half board because of the price. What a mistake. Although the staff in reception and the cleaners were very good so credit where it's due. However we got a room on the 4th floor and the ants were up there as well. The shutter didn't work, there was no lock on the bathroom door, timber around bottom of door was rotting away, a hole in the main door to the room and the glass rattled in the frame to the balcony. The food. Well if you were very lucky you got a luke warm meal. The eggs at breakfast were swimming in fat. The evening meal was something else. My wife got food poisoning on the second night. Luckily it was only a 24hr thing. A FRESH tray of chips was put on the hotplate that were stone cold. The hotplate didn't work and kept nothing hot. We ended up eating out and after paying for evening meal as well as breakfast it turned out an expensive holiday"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of September 2011

Nice staff

Reviewed Thu 6th of January 2011

"I'm from Belgium, 18 years old.
I give the hotel an 8.

The positive things:
- The staff was always really friendly and they tried to speak to us in dutch and english. After one day we were already on first name basis with most of them. They were all so nice.
- There was a nice little pool at the rooftop, we loved to just sleep there in the sun.
- There was always at least one bar open.
- The walk to the beach really isn't that far away, maybe a 10 minute walk.
- They cleaned our room and changed the towels everyday.
- If I needed any information I could ask the staff.
- They often had animation downstairs.

A few negative things I could say:

- Pineda has no nightlife. If you feel like going out you have to be willing to take a cab. In the day you can take the train to places you would like to visit. Taking the train only costs like 10$

- If you don't like fish, you won't like the food. There was nothing really wrong with the food. I just really hate fish and they seemed to mix fish into everything. But I heard from other people that this is very common for every hotel in Pineda. But somedays they would serve strawberries as a dessert, I really liked that.

- I also would strongly advice you NOT to go the beach at night. At night it's full of strange, creepy people.

- this also isn't really about the hotel, but yeah..If you go to waterworld, make sure to bring slippers or watersandels. You have to walk on hot cement all day in the park. My feet were just hurting with every step I took. When I was there you could got a free pass for another waterpark with your ticket for waterworld.

So I would suggest this hotel to you if you are planning to just enjoy the sun and the sea. Its a nice place to take your children (make sure to go to waterworld), when you have trips planned you can easily take the train. If you are looking for some nightlife too, you should be better of in an other place than Pineda. Cabs aren't cheap.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

• Travel date: Sun 26th of December 2010

Nothing to complain about

Reviewed Sun 3rd of October 2010

"Hotel Merce is 2 star and ridiculously cheap hotel, so if you are looking for luxury holiday, Merce is not for you. Rooms are basic, but cosy and clean. I wasn't disturbed by any noises, even when there was some loud performance on, and Merce have it on almost every night, I could not hear anything from my room. There is a church next to the hotel, but it's enough to keep your window shut for the night, and you will not be waken up by it's bell in the morning. I had B&B option, and breakfast was really nice, with big choice of bread, croissants, cheese, sausages, cereals, drinks etc. It's less then 10 minutes walk to the wide and clean beach, but it's not good for children, as water is quite deep right from the start. Pineda de Mar, is definately not for those, looking for night entertainment, as there is not a single night club, and after 11 pm, you can find not more than 5 places to have a drink or sth to eat. hotel Merce is literally, the only places in Pineda, where you can entertain yourself after dark. Every night, they have some music show from local musicians, playing traditional, spanish music, or flamenco shows. The town is very quiet and there is not many English tourists, and especially young ones, what I consider as a big advantage. There is train station right on the beach, with very frequent connection to other coastal resorts. Train to Barcelona cost 7.40 Euros return, and the journey takes about 1 hour. I would definately stay again in Merce, as I have absolutely no complains about anything, and especially about the price. It's really good value for money."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of October 2010

Excellent hotel A***

Reviewed Tue 5th of October 2010

"Just got back from spending 5 wonderful days in Pineda, We stayed at the Merce Hotel in Pineda and what a fab little place it is, everyone is so friendly and well spoken, our rooms are small but for you to lay your head and night and drop of shopping to change into the bikini in the afternoon it was ideal. With a roof top pool it was perfect for me as I prefer the privacy, we stayed full board and never had any problems with any of the meals our plates was always well stacked with a large range of delicious food and more was always offered, also excellent puddings and drinks to!
The evening entertainment was ok, sipping large cheap tasty cocktails in the bar when the heat is still at 19 dgr with some Spanish singers and dancers to watch is my ideal relaxed holiday. Using the local airport transfers I seen worse looking hotels/areas listed on this site for more than 2*, I am a bargain hunter and I got 5 days including flights n transfers plus full board for 2 people for under £300 at this hotel and its worth every penny, Infact MORE.. I will defo be going back, as your not room numbers to them, you are friends. Kym and Nicki, UK

• Travel date: Fri 1st of October 2010

A great value 2 star hotel.

Reviewed Fri 17th of September 2010

"I just had to submit this review to put the record straight. First the hotel is brilliant value.The food is of a good standard, breakfast and dinner. I stayed for aweek and didnt have any problems with security .The staff were very friendly and helpful.To complain of the nightlife is a joke......if you want plenty of action go to lloret."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of September 2010

Did these peple stop in the same hotel

Reviewed Tue 14th of September 2010

"I know for a fact i am not the only one who stayed there recently who was deprived of sleep.. and not for a good reason! if the bells from the church opposite werent ringing constantly from 8am to 12pm on the night, the group of german teenagers where running riot during the night, the noise and banging kept a lot of guests awake. I complained and was told i could be moved to another room, but was told i was in a good room and the one i would be moved to would not be as good, to be honest, although my room was clean, it was very tired looking and basic, i didnt want to risk moving to a room that would be even worse!!

the hotel was clean, the staff friendly, but thats about all i can say about this hotel. The nightlife in the resort was non-existant."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of September 2010

Didn't expect thieves either

Reviewed Wed 21st of July 2010

"Had a similar experience to dy-steve at Hotel Mrece in Pineda de Mar in September 2008. Although not a victim myself, I was horrified to hear, after I had been there 5 days, that a flight from the midlands .had arrived the previous day and some half dozen people had had their rooms and cases broken into and all their money taken. The hotel did not want to know. Surely something should be done as this wass obviously not an isolated incident"

• Travel date: Sun 18th of July 2010

Hotels near Hotel Merce

Top traveller tips for Hotel Merce

• bhathfamily by bhathfamily

"Marineland, Medieval Castle night and Barcelona. "

• Happy Merce Customer by Happy Merce Customer

"Nice beach, but rough sand, take beach shoes with you! "

• MissMolly..x by MissMolly..x

"Lovely sea side town with friendly locals. "

• MissMolly..x by MissMolly..x

"Marineland...Guell park "

• Jon M by Jon M

"A nice, local feeling small town that was not overflowing with drunken holiday makers. "

• Janineelle by Janineelle

"Well recomended for quiet holiday or break "

• Disappointed by Disappointed

"yes, but only to tell them to avoid it..!! "

• Yorkshire claret by Yorkshire claret

"A geat resort but dont expect disco heaven "

• RagaRaga53 by RagaRaga53

"excellent place for base to eat sleep and unwind in the evenings whilst travel or sunbath "

• bjenne by bjenne

"very friendly staff, clean rooms, great pool. "

• Jean G by Jean G

"the tranquillity of the town ,and the friendliness from everone concerned "

Hotel Merce is also called