Good

would you wish to stay here

Reviewed Tue 5th of July 2011

"we found the hotel to be very noisy to serve poor quailty food often cold with damaged crockery the staff never smile and the pool and sunbeds are very dirty look like not been cleaned in years our rating it should only be a 2* hotel"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of July 2011

Very Good Hotel in a great location

Reviewed Tue 29th of June 2010

"We visited this hotel in june 2010 and found the staff very helpfull whenever they were needed. The food was excellent with something to suit anyone. The old town of Malgrat was a stroll along the from the hotel and we found it very interesting. We tended to roam the shops on a morning and either spend the afternoon by the pool or on the beach. Parts of the pool area did go into the shade on a afternoon but it was not a problem for us. The rooftop pool which was not suitable for children was ideal for those who wanted to sunbath and have a swim. The beach was very steep at the waters edge and fell away dramatically.
The train runs from malgrat to Barcelona and is very clean and when we were there it ran every 30 min.
We did not bother with any of the entertainment in the hotel as we tended to try different places each night. I would recomend this resort and the tropic park to anyone.
We intend to return next year."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of June 2010

The room was nice. The hospitality was g...

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2007

"The room was nice. The hospitality was good from the staff.

The restaurant was very good. The staff were very helpful, and because we are vegetarians they made us special meals. The variety of the buffet was excellent.

The pool area was very good with a small pool for kids and a small play area at the back.
Some activities arranged for children in the mornings and in the evenings.

The beach is across the road with subway access. Beach was good with a special kid’s area with bouncy castle etc free for use with supervision which was excellent

Other than that weather a bit unpredictable and beach a bit gritty, not fine sand, but not pebbled either.

Town is nice, but a bit too touristy.

Would definitely recommend the hotel for family."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of October 2007

The swimming pool was in the shade for m...

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2007

"The swimming pool was in the shade for most of the day and nobody was in it. The garden at the back was alive with flies. We went to other hotels in the area to sunbathe and swim.

The quality of the other hotels were much higher than Tropics and they were only three star. I would like to know who was responsible for the star ratings. Both the quiet room and the television room were closed the whole two weeks we were there. Everything that went on was in the main room. The entertainment was poor.

The food was very good; the staff were fine and helpful.

We won’t go again....

• Travel date: Mon 8th of October 2007

A nice clean and friendly hotel which my...

Reviewed Mon 6th of August 2007

"A nice clean and friendly hotel which my husband and I plus our friends have been to for the last three years and are visiting again end of Aug 2007.

We found the staff helpful friendly and willing to help. The food was good and the service excellent.

The only fault we found was the entertainment in the hotel was not up to much but that didn't bother us as there was plenty of choice of places to go which catered for our taste.

The hotel is a 2 minute walk to the beach and close to all the shops and bars. There is a choice of swimming pools indoor or outdoors which are spotlessly clean with plenty of sun loungers to go round. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and are looking forward to our next visit with great pleasure"

• Travel date: Mon 6th of August 2007

The hotel is very nice, if you do not mi...

Reviewed Sun 27th of August 2006

"The hotel is very nice, if you do not mind the fridge being 'locked' and no remote control for the TV. The staff do give the impression of not really wanting you to be there.

The food is very good even though there is not a great choice of meals available. I was quite satisfied although the 'boss' was not. The price of drinks in the hotel is astronomical! 6euro for two orange juices is a bit much.

Go outside the hotel, through the subway and to the very nice beach bar opposite the hotel and the same can be had for 3 Euros (and the staff are far more friendly).

A couple of strange things happened while we were at the hotel, first I went to the indoor pool for a swim only to find a sun lounger in front of the door. Another guest arrived while I was trying to find a way in and started to shout 'Hello, Hello at which time I left. The next day I went again for a swim at the indoor pool only to find that the sauna had been locked by the staff?

Once while trying to get the lift, it refused to arrive at our floor, it appeared to be 'stuck' on the floor below. I asked the 'boss' to keep trying while I went down one floor to look what the problem was, when I pressed the button, out came a rather dishevelled member of staff? Upon returning to our floor my husband said that another member of staff had left the lift at our floor.

The resort is a bit of an eye opener, more Blackpool than Audley Edge?
A very nice holiday, but I think we will not be going back.

• Travel date: Sun 27th of August 2006