About H.TOP Royal Beach

• tv other russia
  • tv channel one russia

great hotel

Reviewed Tue 24th of April 2018

" this is a clean hotel , the staff are friendly and helpful im looking forward to going back this year havent been for a few years i love this place and my kids did to and would reccomend it to anyone "

• Travel date: Sat 25th of February 2017

Very disappointing hotel

Reviewed Wed 22nd of July 2015

"I have stayed in lots of hotels over the years and this is the worst far from 4star .the staff are totally unfriendly and so many conflicting rules over the use of sister hotels. Cleanliness is not great,floors in room never got washed the week I was there and cleaning staff were lying on top of beds in vacant rooms overall this hotel group need to review their attitude and realize it is their customers keeps them in their jobs and quests come there for hard earned holiday break and deserve to be treated with respect not made feel they are an inconvenience .Will never use a Hill Top hotel ever again."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of July 2015

Very Good Hotel For The Price Paid.

Reviewed Wed 15th of October 2014

"First of all we are a couple in our early 60's who do a cheap and cheerful holiday most years with two friends. We don't pay much (it only cost £17 per day each for all inclusive in this hotel) and therefore we don't expect a lot.

Bases on this criteria we were pleasantly surprised with the Palm Beach which exceeded our expectations after reading some of the previous reviews.

LOCATION
The hotel is outside the center on a busy main road which has traffic on it all day and most of the night. It seems to be on the main ambulance route to the hospital so frequent sirens I am afraid. You have to cross the road to get to the main part of Lloret but there are traffic light controlled crossings you can use. Fenals beach is about a 12 min walk away. The main center is about 20 minutes away.

ROOMS
We were allocated rooms on the 3rd floor which have not been refurbished but whilst they were basic they were clean, comfortable with plenty of hot water and a decent shower over a small bath. No air conditioning though which was fine as we were there early October. Our rooms were at the back of the hotel which was relatively quiet and we were fortunate that we had no noisy neighbors to contend with most nights. Our TV had 3 English channels CBS Drama, CBS Action, and BBC World News but this seemed to vary from room to room for some reason. If you do get noisy neighbors though ask to be moved and the hotel will try and accommodate you.

FOOD
Lots of previous reviewers have complained about the food but we thought it was fine, not repetitive and with plenty of choice. Breakfast was perhaps the least appetizing but still OK. There were sometimes problems with food trays being empty and not replaced quickly enough but this was as much to do with the greed of some of the guests as a fault with the kitchen. Food was sometimes a bit cold which we have found is a common fault in many foreign hotels, but they had two microwaves if you wanted to heat your food up. Hot dogs, burgers, cold meats and salads were also available in the restaurant between opening times if you wanted a snack.

BAR
We were all inclusive so drinks were free all day (including hot drinks). All cold drinks were served in a one size fits all hard plastic glass which you had to return to get another drink. The beer (lager) was fine as was the wine, spirits (generous proportions) soft drinks and mixers. All drinks on all inclusive were Spanish type local brands. You had an all inclusive card rather than a wrist band which you had to present when getting a drink and only one drink per card. The system took a bit of getting used to but worked OK. I think the system is probably common in most H Top hotels.

POOLS
The main pool was small but adequate not much sun bathing space though but enough sun beds were provided for the space available. Most people who wanted to sun bathe seemed to find a sun bed whilst we were there. They also provided free of charge a very nice inside hot spa pool, sauna and steam room.

PUBLIC AREAS
Apart from the pools there was plenty of comfortable seating in the reception area a decent games room and toilet facilities. The toilets were however a fair way away from the bar and pool area which was a bit of a pain.

HOTEL GUESTS
The hotel seemed to attract mainly British clientele with a few Germans, Russians and Spanish guests mixed in. Ages ranged from the very young to the fairly old. The hotel does seem to attract and accept some hen and stag party groups which could result in sleepiness nights if your room was in the wrong part of the hotel.

HOTEL STAFF
All staff we met were pleasant, efficient and hard working. You got the impression that they were happy employees who cared about their guests and did their best to please them.

SUMMARY
For those looking for an inexpensive all inclusive holiday you will find it hard to beat this hotel for the price. As mentioned above we paid £17each per day all inclusive which is less than you would pay for a cheap B&B in this country. Don't expect the Ritz and be lucky with your room location and you will have a great time. Would we go back - Yes.

• Travel date: Fri 10th of October 2014

What a fab place

Reviewed Fri 23rd of May 2014

"This hotel is lovely and clean. Very spacious rooms. Food was delicious. The staff were all wonderful. Brilliant holiday. Beach is close. Use their free bus to visit other locations."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of May 2014

Relaxing and watch the world go bye..........................

Reviewed Thu 25th of July 2013

"Trip for 7 days all inclusive in July 2013.
Bad idea landing in Barcelona, much nearer if you land Gerona (Girona) so long bus trip to get to Loret
Arrived dark and illuminated hotel signs all of which did not work. Thought bad the don't change bulbs very often, turned out not to true as the room bulbs 2 only working out of 4, told the reception and was done before I got back to my room.
Reception was poor, understanding and language of a tired Scotsman, they do deal with multi nationalities so expect a small problem there as English is very universal.
Room was exactly what I got all the other resorts so don't expect any change there. Clean well on arrival and every single day of my stay, full marks there. Bed clothes had been in the wars, couple of burn marks and thread bare in places, so the air conditioning took car of that only need a clean linen sheet the whole week.
I used the 2 beds, but each had a baby bunk style thing under each bed so sleeps 2 more toddlers(age 3 to 7), bargain.
Bathroom, standard no surprises, again very clean.
Did find a cob web in hallway door but I was looking for it so I could tell you on this site and it was tiny and up high, unless you are a basketball player forget I even mentioned it.
Hotel had many things to do with kids club and evening entertainment, bog standard no surprises. I did not use any club activity and avoided the entertainment as I was so tired each night from sun worshipping, I went to bed and slept, suppose better shows at night may have had me gripped to my seat all week.
If you like it then you can join in and have a ball. Kids club was 8.30 pm for 30 mins, should just make it longer as they were the ones having most fun.
Food, as I was all inclusive, was better than expected, no gourmet stuff just plain fish, chicken and meat with an added we surprise with the garnish or way of cooking. If the chicken was different the next day because of the cooking or garnish, very easy to swap main dish. Usual chips and rice and bread and fruit and it was plentiful. One special diet lady was pampered by the lady chef who got my award for employee of the week. Each and every day she stood between the display and made sure it was fresh and stocked continuously. And when a lady asked for an item she offered to cook for her there and then.
Swimming, and sun bathing, well no complaints there. the pool is very deep at one end you have been warned. Separate kids pool was there and must be used. Sun beds were plenty and as a result could be crammed together.
So how did I relax and watch the world go bye........
Up on the roof with a little more room to sun bathe and 2 Jacuzzi's and a small chill pool and a bar, after all we are all inclusive the bar was a must. Perfection for the week if doing total zero was your aim. the barman would have had employee of the week as he was the only person I saw all week, so the chef did very well to beat him.
one thing I did not enjoy was the mouth ulcer from the drink system they have, one person one glass, hand in one empty glass and you get another drink. and in a plastic cup which holds about 1/3 litre. Did get glass maybe twice and then hard to grasp the exact rule on that one. To get drunk you may need a master plan before you go. Drink your drink then get in the q for ages to get another one. Some good and bad depending on what you expect to consume in alcohol for your stay. Me well I only drink the fresh orange or lemonade so a bit boring on the drinks front.
Ah well still nursing my huge cold sore on my lip from a dirty cup, suggest you use a straw, till the next time."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of July 2013

Mayhem from Stag Parties which staff ignore and don't give a S***

Reviewed Thu 9th of May 2013

"I took a group of 32 older people on their annual holiday which they save for all year round. We were all inclusive, great food, good rooms, facilities were very good. The entertainment in the evening was poor, when there was a disco evening it was swarmed by youngsters just doing their own thing, which meant we and other guests had to sit it out. Like other all inclusive places we have stayed, this hotel had just 3 set sittings; one for breakfast, one for dinner and one for evening meals but nothing in between, I thought all inclusive meant there would be something to eat all day if you missed out on the set sittings. The bar staff were the only staff that were NOT customer friendly, no personal touch, we felt as though we were in a production line. Drinks were almost thrown at us, no eye contact from bar staff, it also felt like queuing up in a prison. One stag party spoilt everyone's relaxation as they swore in front of children, swam with their sandals on and threw beer at each other making so much noise day and night. Just make sure you turn up for food, can take the rudeness from bar staff and check if there are stag parties before you go.....Bristol Day Centre "

• Travel date: Wed 8th of May 2013

IGNORE BAD REVIEWS

Reviewed Mon 3rd of September 2012

"Reading these reviews no way would i of chose this hotel.I booked this hotel without reading the reviews and i am so glad i did. It was one of the best holidays i have been on! The staff were lovely! We got photos with them all! The food was amazing,lots of variety! The entertainment was amazing!It felt like we were in disney land! It wasnt full of teens like other comments state and we were there right in the middle of august,one of the busiest times. We made some lovely friends! Lots of families with little children around 7-10. Lovely and clean everywere you looked. Have no complaints what so ever. Will 100% be going again!"

• Travel date: Sat 1st of September 2012

top hotel

Reviewed Thu 28th of June 2012

"been to this hotel on 3 occations at diff times of year and where i agree it maybe should be a 3 star and not 4, i found on all occations the staff very helpfull and noone ever kept our card at the bar[ if you lost it you got a replacement at reception for 1.50..you could also have went straight up the road and bare right to the royal star [ a sister hotel] with a slip from reception and eat and drink if you prefer a bit quieter..royal star is a deserving 4 star but a little quiet where royal beach is more suited to younger generation most of the time but i would never fault the staff in either hotel and you do leave your luggage at your own risk but only a foolish person would leave thier wallet or cash anywhere..i have been all over the world and would keep all cash with me where ever i was..apart from royal beach all h top hotels are worthy of the stars they have

• Travel date: Wed 27th of June 2012

An Excellent Choice

Reviewed Fri 13th of April 2012

"Just back from a fantastic week at The HTOP Royal Beach Hotel at Lloret de Mar. Only had 2 full days of sunshine but we made the most of it. We were told to meet our rep at the statue of a black horse. We arrived at terminal c. Nobody was there. You have to go out of the terminal turn right and walk all the way to the next terminal. The statue is inside the next terminal. Transfer to Lloret de Mar took about 2 hours for us as we seemed to do about 20 stops along the way. On arrival at the hotel we got our photograph taken and put onto a credit card type card. We also got a plastic card for a glass. Theses are important. When you go to the bar at the beginning of the night hand over your glass card. Go back and forth all night for free drinks. At the end of the night hand your glass back and get your card back. The lager was good. The spirits were drinkable. They are the cheaper local versions so not as strong as the stuff here. Drinks available from 10am to midnight. After that I went across the road to Roxy's. Drinks around 3 euros. If you want a british pub then go out of the hotel turn right at the first traffic lights then left and the pub is at the top of that road on the right. They do John Smiths and Magners, Strongbow etc. Didnt see cider anywhere else. Meals were fantastic. A big choice of hot and cold foods for breakfast lunch and dinner. There are several other HTOP Hotels in Lloret de Mar. Walking to the town takes about 20 minutes so you can arrange to go to one of the other hotels that is closer to have lunch. Book at reception the day before and they will give you a voucher to take along. You can drink in any of the other hotels without booking. The easiest way to get to Lloret de Mar from the hotel is to turn left, go to the second set of traffic lights and turn right.When you come down to the big roundabout you will see the bus station. From here you can get the bus to Blanes(pronounced Blaness) then the train to Barcelona. Go into the Bus station and its the booth furthest right. Puyol. Cost is 13.90 euros return. The bus leaves every 30 minutes, takes 20 minutes to get to Blanes where a train will take you along the coast to Barcelona.(70 minutes) Get off at the stop after the Arc de Triumph. Its called Catyluna de plaza or something like that. This stop takes you right at the top of las Ramblas and is very central. Another great day trip was the boat to Tossa de Mar. Come out of the hotel and turn right walk straight down to the beach. The boat leaves right from the beach. Costs 15 euros. Takes just over an hour do get to Tosa de Mar. Stops at a couple of points and you go downstairs. The boat has glass sides and you can see the fish. Tossa de Mar is a lovely wee place and a good day out. Last boat back is about 5pm. The hotel was clean, the staff were very friendly. There is a safety deposit box in the room but we didnt bother. There is a tv in the room with BBC1 and 2 and Eurosport. The remote control you get from reception for a 20 euro deposit. There are excursions from the hotel as well but they are quite pricey. If you don't want to walk to Lloret de Mar then an L2 bus stops right outside the hotel. Cost to the centre of town is 1.20 euro single. They have a room where you can leave your cases on the day you leave. Despite the weather I would go back to this hotel again without any hesitation.I also loved my first visit to Lloret de Mar."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of April 2012

a week trimmed to 3 days

Reviewed Wed 28th of March 2012

"Hi, ok Iv read about the reviews and they sum up what me and my girl friend lisa went through. I decided to do the Barcelona Marathon and It was Lisa's 21st and i thought a week would be nice. I decided to go through a holiday branch which was Thomos cook. I asked them to but me in a hotel that wasn't far from the centre. This said the staff are as thick as any thing. LLoret de mar is one and a half hours drive, Our transfers never came which meant i hired a car.
I wished i never drove to the hotel. The staff were not helpful, ignorant and annoying. They never explained where things were or what the cards we got for the food and drinks did. We got a basic room and if you request a double bed, you might get 2 single beds lol. The view was crap. if you want a view of rowdy hooligans and a crane, then this is the hotel for you. It was noisy 24 hours a day, good look getting to sleep it was horrible. The food was basic, hardly no selection. If you have ever been to a 4* hotel then you would know youd get more for your money then what was offered.
I told you about the cards you get. You get given a card for your drinks, how this works is that you give your card to the bar staff and they give you drinks. sounds simple right. Its not what we were never told was that you have to give the glass's back and they give you the card back to use again so our first day we lost our card so we could never get drinks again. Well no biggie who wants to drink in a bar thats look out dated and lost in the 80s.

If you want a hotel for a stagg do or just a ****** up weekend then this is the right hotel for you. What you might get what we experience is ants and **** you scratched in the mirror and what looked like dead skin scrapped onto the dressing table.

Simply we left 4 days early because this hotel was crap and i would rate it 2* at best and thats being generous. "

• Travel date: Tue 27th of March 2012

christmas at royal beach

Reviewed Wed 16th of November 2011

"Myself, my wife and my 13 year old son went to the hotel for xmas 2010, we had a brilliant time, the hotel was spotlessly clean and the service both from the bar staff and the general hotel staff was excellent. the food was good, and the new years eve banquet was out of this world. we went with ferris holidays and although the journey to get there wasa bit dauntig, once we got there, it was brilliant. i would recomend this hotel to anyone, and we are getting ready to go back next month for christmas and new year. forget the bad reviews, you get what you pay for."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of November 2011

How did this hotel get 4*

Reviewed Sun 9th of October 2011

"How this hotel can be described as 4* is laughable. Although the rooms are clean they are very basic. In our room the lamps didn't work, nor did wardrobe doors. Only small things but they make a difference. However the air-conditioning didn't even exist! There was only a fan, which didn't work.The bathroom sink had a large, dirty crack in it.the view was of the back of the kitchens/service area, so after the drunks had stopped running along the corridors, shouting in the early hours we were woken at 6am as the cages containing the dirty linen were changed over, there were also a number of pairs boxers which had fallen and just been left. The lighting in the corridors was very dim, this could have been to hide the stains on the carpet!. The food was very plain, repetative and lukewarm so we ate out, which defeats the idea of AI. Although it is recommended for families & couples it seems to cater for a lot of single sex groups, (including a stag party of 28!)who take over the pool and bar area making it impossible to relax. You do get what you pay for. i.e not very much.It should be 2* to avoid disappointing guests expecting 4*."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of October 2011

Hotels near H.TOP Royal Beach

Top traveller tips for H.TOP Royal Beach

• LOUISE -S by LOUISE -S

"AMAZING FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE ENJOYIN THEMSELVES !! "

• blackpearls by blackpearls

"the area ok but not much to do out of season "

• blackpearls by blackpearls

"travelling by train to barcelona. "

• "resort leaves a lot to be desired "

• Babykeatta by Babykeatta

"Loved Barcelona .only 1hr away by coach "

• leemo by leemo

"more young people orientated "

• Nats32x by Nats32x

"roxys for evening meals across road next door to robin hood ...and breakfasts next to the golf "

• kealey.pinkney by kealey.pinkney

"beaches are beautifull "

• TINKTONK by TINKTONK

"LLORET DE MAR IS A LOVELY PLACE TO VISIT "

• TINKTONK by TINKTONK

"ROXYS WAS GREAT FOR FOOD "

• jan19571 by jan19571

"nice place good location "

• fayeheartsteve by fayeheartsteve

"brave the locals definately worth it "

• sunlover by sunlover

"dont believe all the negative reveiws, lloret is a great place "

• izzie by izzie

"Great place for people that want to enjoy themselves. "

• angry norfolk by angry norfolk

"give up the all inclusive deal "

• MADman by MADman

"Be honest about what you are - cheap and cheerful. Oh and cut back on the Italian overnight bookings or risk losing more long-term holidaymakers "

• Keith by Keith

"Go to El Pub for a nice drink "

• Amelia B by Amelia B

"choose another place to stay ! "

• Disappointed by Disappointed

"Go to the jacuzzis on the roof to avoid the mayhem at the poolside "

• markshowman by markshowman

"enjoy the food and drink "

H.TOP Royal Beach is also called