H.TOP Palm Beach & SPA

C/ Aribau 3, 17310 Lloret de Mar Spain

fantastic Hotel

"went to this hotel in april and thought it was fantastic. Staff were friendly and it was really nice hotel. Food was lovely and had a wide selection to choose from. The rooms were clean and had clean towels etc changed everyday.
about 15 mins (800 meteres) to the beach and central bars which was ideal for us. The pool is right next to the bar which is open all day and they have lots of little seating areas inside the main foyer if you get a bit to hot.
overall i was very impressed as I had read some really horrible reviews about the hotel so I am very glad i didnt listen to them and book elsewhere."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of May 2008

I'd go back !

"I went here with 3 of my friends for my 22nd Birthday at the beginning of May.
Upon arrival we were allocated a room (4 of us sharing one room) when we got in the room we saw it hadn't been cleaned, fag buts everywhere, un-made beds, and at 2 o'clock in the morning we weren't overlly happy, however when we went back to reception we were given another room immediately and the receptionist was very apologetic.
The hotel itself is very clean, and the staff are friendly, especially the bar staff! The only problem - as other people have written - is the fact you can only get one drink at a time, when the queue for the bar is 30 people deep it can get frustrating!
There were people of all ages at hotel, young, old, people on thier hen parties, people on school trips (mainly German) but we found everyone to be friendly and had no problems.
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner had a wide variety of food. Salads, meat, chips, potatoes, pasta, profiteroles for desert, cakes, we even had bubblegum ice cream! Then again I am not really fussy!
The centre with all the clubs is a 15 min walk or a 5 euro taxi ride (which reception will book). The best bar was Zoo, so I recommend that. Not many English this time of year, mainly German and Spanish, but again, they were friendly. We would come out of clubs and be follwed by masses of Spanish, but we told them to go away and they did!
Overall I had a really good holiday, people are moaning on here an awful lot, but a holiday is what you make it, a hotel shouldn't be relied on for that. We had a nice room, it was quiet and when we did get drinks from the bar it was a triple anyway, so after 4 we were well on our way! Shops are a one minute walk and there is a supermarket directly next door.
The Spa in the hotel is lovely and everyone is friendly, we weren't expecting the Ritz at all - we were expecting a basic hotel that was clean, with nice food and near the bars - and that was what we got."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of May 2008

Nightmare!

"Me a single mother with 2 young girls aged 3 and 1. Was sold this holiday as a real family friendly package lots for the kids to do. I had to cut a 7 day trip down and left after 2 days and paid extra am applying for compensation now so could those of you who were there over the last few days and had a crap time give me a call on [--] or [--].

I felt like because I was single I am not allowed to go on holiday and enjoy myself. My tour operator also didnt show any compassion at all. I was having to queue behind drunk youths to get hot water for my 1 years old formula milk. The food was nasty and nothing for kids other than chips and icecream and again had to pay extra for proper cooked food outside of the hotel.

The staff were so unprofessional and didnt have a clue about customer services. They only had time for the Spanish and the germans mmm...a little racist me thinks.

All I can say is that if an english hotel was to treat a spaniard like I was treated they would give us what for. I tried to complain and they pretended they didnt understand English so i wrote a letter which they probably threw in the bin. But they did nothing about it at all. Dont go there!"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of May 2008

please read!!

"i am just home 2 days ago from this hotel and i am totally disgusted with my stay at this hotel!! we nicknamed this hotel hotel wancla!!! it was absolutely terrible!! myself and two friends stayed at this hotel all inclusive! well i have never met such arrogant people! the barmen ignored us and served all the spanish people first and ignored eveyone british! they looked after there own kind!! the all inclusive only ran from 11am until 11pm! i was refused a glass of water at 10am!! now all inclusive should be 24/7!!!!!

now i wouldnt get me started on the food!! we had terrible sickness due to the undercooked chicken!!! we ate out everyday after that! we were made aware that this hotel is centrally located in lloret de mar well my arse is it!! its a good 15mins walk from the town centre!!

we also paid for transfers now have you ever heard the like of it...our transfer company refused to pick us up at our hotel saying it wasnt one of there pickup points so we had to walk with 3 heavy cases to the petrol station and got picked up there!

the entertainment realy doesnt cater for british! every nite was a spanish disco and it was ridiculous that we had to que at the bar for a drink and everyone spanish got served straight away!

i will never return to this hotel and advise everyone reading this review to stay away from this hotel!!!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of May 2008

Decent £200 all in...Let down...by english guests

Good

"Well this was a funny one. My girlfriend and I paid £200 for all in holiday with flights food and accom so we werent expecting the ritz. On the plus side clean hotel, lovely spa and sauna, nice relaxation areas, food ok (varied daily, salad particularly good) although as we expected by the end we did eat out a few times at i must add the best steak house i've ever been to for value 'el churracas' just over the road on the way to the fennels beach £12 16oz rump chips etc cooked perfect, cost easy £20 quid in UK for same standard. Couple of very friendly reception staff and all restaurant staff very friendly. Had no problem with spanish and german guests who were friendly when we spoke to them. Hotel also handy for lloret town centre, 10 mins walk. Really liked the beach at fennels also, pretty and quiet so nice for relaxing.
Problems
Right next to a road like the M6 at 5pm on friday (locals love to beep their horns and ambulances always use sirens so sleepin was difficult, if possible specify for a room at the back of the hotel.
The bar - one drink per person per time- if me and my girlfriend wanted a drink we both had to go to the bar. Imagine the scenario - 2 bar staff all the time,a couple of hundred people on all inclusive, 10:30pm everyone drunk, problems arose as everyone queued for 1 drink. You should have been allowed more drinks at a time I think, at least 2. it didnt help that lager was served in half pint beakers so most people where up to the bar every 10 mins. To compound the problems the bar staff were rude and did allow spanish customers to queue jump pretty much all the time. I got the impression they understood all the problems and were just being ignorant and perhaps trying to wind people up. If not the management seriously need to look at the one drink policies and queue jumping problems. But if you're on all inclusive the bar staff will wind you up. I felt a little disappointed as i did make sure they saw me tip when i went to the bar but still they allowed people who werent "all in" queue jump.
Dont be fooled by satelite tv on the hotel website, only english speaking channel we had was cnbc europe.
Night porter- spoke lttle english fair enough, no arguments here. Was extremely rude though. One night we had a bad leak from the room above into our bathroom. He did nohing about it whatsoever, even though i brough him up to see it. It was never even reported to the day staff. Other than a few boozed up kids it was probably the only thing he had to do all night. Then on the morning we left at 6.30am i was the only person downstairs waiting for transfer. He was making a coffee in the bar. As the restaurant wasnt open i asked if i could have one. he said no, despite the fact that we were the only two people living at that time of day.
Biggest Problem- ignorant english people we met. Its a shame I cant swear on here. They were scum bags and really spoilt the place. If you want to relax and escape the grief of the everyday scumbag this probably isnt the best place. You know exactly the type of person, the one who always wants an argument with someone about anything or just likes to cause a stir and then try to appear like they are the victim. The amount of racism used was unbelievable. One guy approached me and asked if I "effing hate Germans?" and made some terrible nazi comment. Another "thing" screamed at the barman "how dare he speak to her in spanish" insinuating he should be able to speak english (i wondered if she she's someone who criticises foreign people who move to england and dont speak english?). A couple were thrown out for not playing the music they wanted in the disco, instead the dj chose to appease the people who weren't steaming drunk and were behaving with decorum (how dare he). Theres many more like this and it was just nice to meet a couple who agreed with us...unfortunately that was the last night and they'd only been there a day but had heard enough already.
Overall we didnt mind the place and thought it was quite good. we got what we paid for. I can understand some of the staff being rude....i'd probably be the same if i had to serve any of the cranks that i described above. generally speaking though its value for money. To appease people the management probably need to pick a target audience and stick to it whether its young singles wanting a boozy holiday or famiies but try not to mix the nations to much especially if its the english that cant handle their ale. If you're wanting to chill out a bit i'd look elsewhere but if you want to get steaming and get away with behaving as narrow minded as possible you'll be fine."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of May 2008

The worst you could possible get

"Where do i start? Theres not a positive comment i could leave. We were due to stay for a week but lasted 3 days before paying extra to come home early.
Everything that is written about the hotel couldnt be more far from the truth.

All inclusive they clearly have no idea what that means, Only being allowed to get 1 drink per person per a time.. Set times for food, which i must say i wouldnt even feed a dog let alone people or children.

Entertainment.. Well there isnt any unless you are spainsh as over there their priority is there own, so i dont know why they are allowing British etc to book. 3 hours of watching the stuck up spanish, dance is not my idea of fun. When it was clearly stated on there site good entertainment day/night, theres not even enough room to move around the pool (paddling more like) let alone have entertainment. We spent the little spending money we did have on going out just to be in a nice enviroment, friendly people, good music, drinks etc.
If it wasnt for the people we met there (British) i would of died of bordem.
I must say that the British did truely stick together and we met people we would deffinetly keep in contact with.

The weather well we had 3 days of rain straight which you cant blame the hotel for, but claiming they had entertainment during the day, we slept as there so called in door swimming pool only held 15 people, which of course the spanish made sure they had control over, Satellite tv, ha, we had 3 channels which were spanish, and our view from the balcony, why bother going out there.
We were woke up every morning by a dog which a local had, and building machinery also, and the walls may have just been curtains as you could clearly hear every conversation, movement, toilet etc.
We were also put on the 7th floor of which the elevator kept breaking down, and i can tell you wlaking up and down 7 floors its self is a marathon.

When trying to talk to any member of staff no sense was given, they couldnt talk much english and didnt seem to care in the slightest, this was proven when asking for a drink and being ignored or told no.

The beach well if you would wanna call it that, its a man made beach, which is 200 meters long in my opinion, the so called sand is stones off a building site which you sink if you stand on we walked off the beach covered in mud, and the rules of going on there, why bother?

So if you fancy a 'holiday' dont waste your time or money as you really wont be happy. Better off going to your local beach for a week."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of May 2008

Nice hotel but.......

"We have just returned from a weekend stay in the hotel ancla lloret de mar! When we arrived we were greeted on the steps by a bloke necking wi a bird called maureen! The hotel its self was very clean and the staff where very friendly. However my gripe was with the other guests in the hotel! There was a group of 8 females, Ladies they were not!!!! There were 2 that suffered serious bouts of wind as if it wasnt chilly enough around that pool, They kept saying that it was because of the flight! The group certainly got there monies worth out of the all inclusive! A female out of the group was celebrating her 40th, i knew this as she constantly wore a big badge, i think her parents must of delayed registering her birth till she was ten! two more out of the group, needed to join AA as they where taking advantage of the free bar, I seen them in tropics nighclub which by the way was a good place to go, you could tell they had been on the all inc pop, they tried to get free drinks with there wrist bands. I think they need to go to dance lessons, as for there dancing they could not! Another 2 females joined them later on that evening, dancing through the hotel, and gyrating with the old people in the hotel, Overall! The hotel was very good, just ashame this group was on holiday the same time as me!"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of April 2008

Only if your Spanish!

"The Hotel Ancla is situated on the main road in Fanals, a 15 minute walk to Lloret. Up a narrow street and through the sliding doors you enter a lovely clean hotel. Walk forward passing the quiet area to the reception area. The reception staff were friendly thoughout our week.
Turn left towards the bar and you will see the entrance to the pool area. Now this pool is not for swimming as it is far too small and there is no childrens area. If ten people stood in the pool it would be full! But look around the back of the bar and you will come across a small round jacuzzi, this is for the children! The adults have a jacuzzi up stairs on the roof of the bar and also in the indoor spa.
The seats in the bar are old fashioned, hard wooden chairs. Walk out of the bar and straight ahead to the Spa, step over the ants and there is the Jacuzzi, Menthol steam room, sauna and hot rock seat. While we were there, people used the jacuzzi as a swimming pool for thier children while the older people were trying to have a peacefull time in the spa.
The hotel was full of elderly Spanish and so catered solely for them. We were told that the Spanish governement pays for thier pensioners to have 2 weeks holidays in the winter and again in the summer and this is one of the hotels they use. Our governement should do the same! Anyway, the hotel caters for the Spanish and this shows when one goes for ones meals. We didnt starve all week but we didnt have one decent meal. But if you like Cuttle fish, Squid, Octopuss, snails, and the cold chips and tasteless salad you will be fine. The soup every night was chicken stock cube with either the left over bacon and egg from breakfast sliced into it or pasta was added.
We were in room 601 and it was small but adequit but we didnt sleep a wink as the beds were rock hard.
All activities and entertainment were in Spanish and when we enquired as to why they could not do even a little translation we we were told that it was more than thier jobs worth. All staff had been told to cater for the Spanish only or lose thier jobs.
If this was the case and it appears so then they should not take booking from those of other cultures."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of April 2008

Do not go here in March!!

Good

"My friends and I have just come back from a weekend stay at the hotel! Our first impression as we walked in was a plesant one, then we saw all the pensioners dancing in the bar!! The reception staff on shift that night spoke very little english and we had to find our own way around to finding our rooms!! When three of us got our room on the fourth floor, I thought, this isn't what the rooms look like in the pictures! It was very clean but one of my friends had to sleep on a camp bed! My other two friends were on the sixth floor, their room was slightly better but our view was nicer! We were situated at the front of the hotel, nice view of the pool but very noisy as the hotel was on main road. To top that off we were in between Spanish students who were really noisy and kept knocking on our door till 4:30 in the morning, so as you can imagine we were very tired the next day! My friends on the sixth floor had double glazing and weren't facing the main road, we however didn't!! We never made it to breakfast but lunch and dinner was very good, lots to choose from and different menu everyday! The spa at ancla is very nice and relaxing and the features around the hotel are very nice too! Overall we had a good time but wouldn't go back in march, the hotel it self is very clean and those staff that do speak english were very helpful! All the entertainment was in spanish but on our last night we joined in with the oldies, which was funny!"

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of April 2008

Worst Hotel Ever!

"Hi i went to this hotel last year, and it was absolutely terrible! The hotel was full of german students who like to run up and down the corridoors at night screaming and banging on peoples doors!

All the reception staff were grumpy and only one could talk decent english. There was a problem with the headboard and nails poking out and we went to reception to be asked to be moved, they said they couldnt do anything! The next morning we went down and it was the lady who could speak english and she said that the other receptionist was a B*TCH, then continued to ramble on in spanish! So a few problems there. Eventually they moved us to a superior room...on the top 2 floors these are. These are the pictures they show on the internet. No young people are allowed in these rooms, so a quiet floor.

The food wasnt very nice at all. We only had breakfast twice. The milk was warm, and there wasnt much choice. At lunch at dinner its pretty much the same. Not alot of choice and the same everynight. If there is anythin good, the germans pile it high on there plates!

The location of this hotel wasnt good either...right on a busy road. The pool is near the road so not very relaxing, plus its overcrowed by the young germans so you can never get near.

We found a great restaurant called paulas near by which had great food and very friendly staff.

The drinks were good at the hotel, always nice and ice cold.

All in all, we paid £350 for a weeks all inclusive-- definately not worth it! and would never book through a travel agent again. Internet much better. Got a two weeks all inclusive deal to a 4star in egypt for £500 this year.

Would not reccomend this hotel to anyone at all."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of March 2008

mrs ledger

"pickpockets waitin for you in reception staff ignorant food wouldnt give as pig swill shoutin screamin slammin of doors all through night queing for drinks definatley give it a miss its all true wants closing down !"

• Travel date: Sun 17th of June 2012

avoid this place like the plague

"hotel pool small hardly anyroom for sunbathing round it. reception area very clean there is an outdoor and indoor spa. went all inclusive for 4 days.drinks are ok but served in small plastic tumblers. food is disgusting and always cold. entertainment was non existent. the room was tiny and had no air con tv only had 3 spanish channels. the maids changed the towels every day which was very handy for them as on the day before we were due to check out my wife had 60 pounds stolen from her purse that she had locked in our suitcase. when we told reception and the manager they were not bothered in the slightest just told us to report it to the police. we told him that it could only have been a member of staff as they were the only other ones who had access to the room. found out later that day that another 5 rooms on our landing had all been robbed they stole gold chains bracelets etc credit cards and money again the only other persons to have access to the rooms were staff again the managements only answer was to say go and inform the police. the police when informed did not even come to the hotel. have been informed since returning home that this is not the first time that holidaymakers have been robbed in this fashion at this hotel. avoid it at all cost."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of June 2010

Hotels near H.TOP Palm Beach & SPA

Stayed at H.TOP Palm Beach & SPA? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for H.TOP Palm Beach & SPA

• jadakiss89 by jadakiss89

"alright if your not fussy, not really suitable for kids though "

• jadakiss89 by jadakiss89

"INDIAN!! and barcelona "

• wendyand carl by wendyand carl

"yes already have and we willcome again "

• group 7 by group 7

"fenals is a nice part of llorret "

• abzzz by abzzz

"Be very carefulll!! Get out the hotel as much as you can! "

• bobothefrogmaster by bobothefrogmaster

"hotel was in fenals 10 min walk to lloret. been to this area 3 times fenals very good lloret crap "

• F.Ledger by F.Ledger

"ok if your deaf annorexic and t total "

H.TOP Palm Beach & SPA is also called