H.TOP Gran Casino Royal

C/ Esports s/n, 17310 Lloret de Mar Spain

Take your ear plugs!

"Just back from a 4 night AI stay at this hotel. The sheer volume of noise throughout the hotel during the hours of 2.30am - 5.30am is unbelievable, think Club 18-30, shouting, banging of doors, trashing of rooms, balcony hopping etc.etc. I'm in my 20's and love clubbing but the sheer lack of respect shown to other guests was terrible. I felt so sorry for the families and elderly guests as their holiday must have been ruined. Apart from this the hotel is ok, basic but clean. The food is average but lacks variety and the entertainment is a dodgy singer / keyboard combination. Never again!"

• Travel date: Thu 9th of June 2005

Give it a wide berth!

"Unless you are going as part of a group of men, who want to sit in the bar all day, come back to the wrong room each night banging on some poor souls door because you are so drunk you don't know how many flights of stairs you have climbed(lifts didn't work!!!!!) Then don't stay here.
The entertainment is dire, there are only so many times you can hear Agadoo-the entertainment staff should be sued for false advertising.
The layout leaves alot to be desired, with reception, the bar, the pool and the resteraunt all on different floors-unless you're a sherpa you've got no chance of enjoying your stay.
The only good thing about my week there, was using our all inclusive cards to go and use the facilities at the Royal Beach Hotel instead........world's apart!!!
This was the only holiday I have ever been on where I have wanted to come home early!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 31st of May 2005

HELL!!!

"DON'T GO!, I've stayed at some bad places in my time but this hotel is by far the worst. The rooms are small, dirty and smelly with paper thin walls. The ''All Inclusive'' is a joke; we stayed 3 days and left only eating 1 meal. Me and my partner don't smoke the bar has low ceilings and no ventilation with at least 4 layers of smoke in it constantly, this too goes for the lobby outside the restaurant. During our brief visit 5 northerners got thrown out for putting a fellow guest in hospital because he asked them to keep the noise down so his 3 year old could sleep. This drunken attack was at 10.30am.

If you want to be drunk 24-7, don’t mind living in a ---- hole, enjoy fighting anyone and everyone for no apparent reason, smoke 60 a day, are foul and abusive, eat anything put in front of you and have no respect for your fellow guests...... this is the place for you, However, if you've got morals steer well clear."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of May 2005

food poor but hotel was good

Good

"we stayed for 4 days an we found it good, the entertainment was ok an it was only 5 mins away from all the bars an clubs didnt like the food one bit so we eat out after that"

• Travel date: Wed 4th of May 2005

About Casino

Good

"Hello, i visited the casino and i was fun about that. I won 240 Euros in 2 days in slot machine. The staff were great (major the caxier and the entering girls) and the oldest barman. There i plaied the piano and my music was loved from all the staff and i'm happy for that.
But there was a problem, if you go in the hotel, don't forget to ask the second key, because the bad personal in the reception gives the 2th key who ask, so a bad boy can ask your key and open your door in the night and stole something to you.
Ok bye, and if the staff of casino read this, i say you regards from "El cico the piano"."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of April 2005

hell

"this hotel is hell on earth if the food doesn't kill you sleep deprivation will , constant noise in the corridors fighting,playing football,glass smashing this isnt just during the day. was A/I ate in the hotel twice could'nt face going back a third the food is served luke warm same slops everynight . lloret is a great place thankfully some great places to eat out which saved the holiday but i would not go back to this hotel if i was getting a free stay."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of April 2005

great value for money

"My husband and our 10 year old have just returned from an easter break at the casino royal and we were really surprised at how good the hotel was. After reading some of the reviews we were a bit worried, but i really dont know what people expect for 129 for a weeks all inclusive, the hotel is very clean, prehaps it does need a bit updating but its still fine, the food was great a fantastic choice with 2 or 3 meats, veg and salad, soup and bread and breakfast was ceareal or cooked. perfectly ok for the price, our son enjoyed the food a lot, prehaps if you have fussy kids there might not be enough kids choice but theres still chips.

The pool looked fine , but it was still to cold for us, but you can use all the facilities of there other hotels the royal star which has an indoor pool and gym although not all the equipment worked and the pool a little stale, and the royal beach, they are both 4 stars and you can eat there if you like as long as you book the day before we did it once and the food was pretty much the same and still very nice.

The hotel staff are very friendly and drinks are all from the bar on E floor, it is very smokey in the bar and entertainment area if you dont like smoking, we didnt watch the entertainment in the evening so i cant comment on it but what i did see looks ok, they seemed good with the kids disco, but theres no kids clubs in the casino royal so younger kids might struggle but they can use the kids club in the royal star which looked very nice, our son was happy with the machines, pool table and internet access.

Our only complaints our the lifts which are very slow and keep breaking down, but you need to stay on the 4th or 5th floor to avoid the noise from the clubs and casino, we didnt here much up there except when the odd few come back early in the morning but it would be very noisy on lower floors and if its very hot from the traffic outside if you need to leave the balcony doors open, the bus station is no longer opposite the hotel so i would imagine it would have been worse then, I have a disability so the steps to the entrance were a bit of a problem and certainly the hotel is not disabled friendly at all i could use my chair for town and manage the hotel just about.

Llorret itlelf is very nice with plenty of shops and ammusements, the beach is lovely except its grit not sand and you cant make sandcastles.

The glass bottom boat was good and the medieval night was very good value for money which you book at the reception.

All in all we had a great time and would def go again out of season as theres no air conditioning in the rooms, but theres 2 great looking water parks nearby and water sports on the beach which will all be good in the summer, it was still a bit to cold for them to open for a couple more weeks but they do look good. Hope you enjoy yourselfs, family from weston super mare."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of April 2005

too big & noisy

"Room basic, food ok, too many big groups of loud youths, so noisy at night hardly got any sleep. LIFTS- Temperamental, could do with a good service, entertainment poor. Pool freezing cold, would not go back again!"

• Travel date: Wed 13th of April 2005

Noisy Nights

"So noisy it was not possible to get any sleep before 3.30 to 4.30 am every morning.This was due to shouting,slamming doors and people stamping up and down the bare floor corridors.There was constant use of foul and abusive language.Some people actually left a couple of days after arrival and paid for an early flight home.Although the management were made aware of our feelings little or no attempt was made to improve the situation.The quisine was just about tolerable as was the entertainment but not of a very high standard . In all even if accomodation at this hotel were free nothing would persuade me to return.I also feel it is time Lloret received a general facelift since in my opinion it is beginning to look a bit worn compared to other resorts in Spain."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of April 2005

stag party perfect

"A typical 70/80's Spanish hotel which could do with a little TLC,but it was clean and everything worked.we went AI,14 lads on a stag night/weekend ranging from early 20's to mid 40's and all had an excellant time.The food was ok and always available (when we found the little snack bar behind the dining room),and in the bar even when busy you did not have to wait long to be served.The only reservation I would have is that the hotel needs in my opinion to decide who it is targeting,We all said we would go back as a group but not with our young children as in our opinion Stag/Hen parties and other all adult groups do not mix well with young families especially when the beer is flowing all day,we had to keep reminding ourselves to 'keep it down' there are kids about.Anyone who thinks this Hotel is poor should remember the cost,we paid £139 all inclusive for 2nights,try going to Blackpool for 2 nights with all food and drink provided for that."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of April 2005

Nightmare

"I am currently staying in the hotel and it's only my second night and I want to go home, there is nothing good to say about this hotel, the quilts are like a rough carpet, the staff are rude, the full hotel has a stench of overused bleach you can even taste it in the drinks and the food, the food was disgusting it was all the same thing, the rooms are run down, the beds are broken there's holes in the walls and lights are broken, there is no air conditioning so you are forced to open the door to get some air, which isn't good because you can constantly hear the drunken laughter of the young men drinking all day. The hotel is dirty like the pool the pool was the only decent part but it was full off rubbish which I haven't seen even been cleaned yet, the hotel is full of dust and definitely needs a good clean, you have to pay for wifi and television this hotel has put a downer on my holiday and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, I think it should definitely be closed down."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of October 2016

Worst place ever

"This place is awful its just bog standard no accessories like kettle r anything. The beds r the worst ever and quilt is as ruff as a badger behind lol this place is no good when old. Kids cause the noise and others young people early in morning is a joke and slamming of doors. This place really needs a clean up and make over cause it black rotten. Listen t the reviews may look ok but it more for party people at young ages. "

• Travel date: Sun 11th of September 2016

Hotels near H.TOP Gran Casino Royal

Stayed at H.TOP Gran Casino Royal? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for H.TOP Gran Casino Royal

• "Do not go to this hotel "

• D Johnson by D Johnson

"The Nou Camp and Casino and Restaurants and Bars "

• lmatthew by lmatthew

"very quiet out of season "

• lmatthew by lmatthew

"coastal paths to quiet coves and beaches "

• mattbrad2000 by mattbrad2000

"Great jumping off place for surounding towns "

• Marie Elaine by Marie Elaine

"book any hotel but not this one!!! "

• Marie Elaine by Marie Elaine

"Not alot going on with it being out of season. Piccadilly bar on front nice with nice bar staff "

• chickflickvic by chickflickvic

"Go if your up for a cheap booze cruise 18-30 "

• E.M. Karkowski by E.M. Karkowski

"An attractive beach resort with a wide variety of restaurants ,night life and places of interest "

• toria29uk by toria29uk

"Clean and lvely weather "

• adele123 by adele123

"Keep away to many ignorant German students "

• A J by A J

"A place to let your hair down and relax....... "

• A J by A J

"Tropics Nightclub is AMAZING "

• lindafrancis by lindafrancis

"do not go to this hotel "

• mevans1989 by mevans1989

"it stunning resort and surberb views "

• samslyth by samslyth

"great for drinking and partying "

• burletson1987 by burletson1987

"nightlife was good i recomend ZOO bar the most "

• rich/titch by rich/titch

"SATY WELL AWAY...THE WORDS CANT DESCRIBE HOW BAD IT IS "

• julia49 by julia49

"the orient express on the front does great food and are very friendly "

• SpikeTM by SpikeTM

"Piccadily Pub is excellent for good food "

H.TOP Gran Casino Royal is also called