The Pool at the Evenia Olympic Park

best hotel ever

Reviewed 6th January 2014

"It was 100% brilliant lots to do for the kids its clean the staff are lovely they treat you like you want to be treated can eat and drink as much as you want its brilliant in every way me and my family are going again in march we really enjoyed it so were going again. Also the beach is down the road which is brilliant a swell."

• Travel date: 5th January 2014

Alritey!!

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"We just arrived back from Olympic Park Hotel - and the weather was bloody crap :(. Personally the hotel is more fussed about there all exclusive customers than the others - which I found terrible - Food was lovely the first week , but by the second week it got kinda boring! I went with my partner and daughter - and I DO think the entertainment i.e Mini Disco was good for the kids - my girl loved it and the Evenia fun club staff. I wouldnt go back, as very expensive i/e 50 euros for safe PLUS 20 euros deposit , which is alot. I do think for me the weather put a right damper on it - but met alot of lovely ppl and staff were very nice. Big HELLO TO Gillian and Karl xx Keep in touch."

• Travel date: 9th June 2008

never again

Reviewed 20th October 2012

"this hotel is advertised for families ye they have a mini disco at night and the reps at night were great with the kids but unfortunatly there was a lack of comunication betweeen the kids clubs reps durin the day. my little girl was in playin on her own one day and the reps sat up on the work top and spoke to each other. my dad had booked in to a single room this room was like a cell in a jail there was no room to swing a cat. im not sure if it was the time of year was wrong but this hotel was the base for a football tournement that was on so you could imagine the noise with boys age between 10 and upwards.to top it all off there was a club 20 rep from germany with bout 500 germans who a night could not keep the noise down between slaming doors and runnin up and down the corridors yet when we arrived the security gard watched us goin in to our rooms. in a good note the dinnin staff were very friendly towards myself and my family. i dont think i will be back to this hotel in a hurry"

• Travel date: 4th June 2008

Great Hotel

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"Me and my boyfriend stay 1 week half board in this hotel and thought it was fab. We were on the third floor looking over the Olympic stlye pool. The rooms were a good size but they would need a good upgrading as the balcony was rather ugly and old looking. One other thing about the rooms are the walls are very very very thin you can hear you very loud neighbours having a conversation and the kids crying The lifts are very very slow so we took the stairs most of the time. We had no complaints about the food and the restuarant had theme nights like mexican and spanish food. The drinks in the restuarnt were very expensive so get a bottle of water between the two of you was 7 euros. The entertain was in all langauges which dragged it out so we went a walk then came back to watch the show however you can't get a seats as all the familys have take the good seats. The german holiday makers were very rude to you. One day my bf and i went a walk to the supermarket and left our towels etc at the pool area we came back and a group of germans were lying on our sunbeds and towels!!!! IThe hotel is a short walk from the beach and main centre (15 mins) We would come back to the hotel again but we didnt like the resort very much."

• Travel date: 20th February 2008

Best Hotel I Have Stayed in

Reviewed 15th October 2012

"Myself and my partner have just returned from a week at this hotel and absolutely loved it, I cannot see why there have been any bad reports written about it. I can only think that such people are used to 5* plus or hotels that don't allow children, as this was very much a family hotel. We were meant to be staying in the Olympic Park, but upon arrival we were told we had been upgraded to an Olympic suite for free, which was fine by us! The suite consisted of a bedroom, a separate living area and large bathroom with 2 sinks, which was ample for the 2 of us! The hotel itself is spotless, and your room is cleaned every day without fail. The pools are fantastic, there are 6 in total and there is plenty of space for everyone. Some mornings we werent surfacing until half 10 and could still get a lounger by the pool no problems. I would also recommend a trip into the hotel spa, we went in twice for 8 euros each and it was well worth it! The food is another bonus as it was all lovely. Unlike many hotels the resturants had a good choice of food and I never came across a burger or hotdog in the main restuarant...we were all inclusive and couldn't get enough of the food!! The only thing I can fault the hotel on is the evening entertainment which was a bit poor...but even so not all bad. I would recommned the polynesian show but def avoid the mummy show! The hotel is an international hotel and we did not meet many English there although thuis was not a problem as everyone seemed friendly and we had no trouble with anyone. Lloret itself is a bit dated but we still had a great time there and the Queen Vic is def the best pub with its widescreen TV outside. The waterpark is also a must...by far the best waterpark I have been to with different slides and more slides than anywhere else. All in all we had a great week and would 100% recommend the hotel...dont read the nonsense reviews!!!"

• Travel date: 5th September 2007

Nice option for Groups or families

Reviewed 8th October 2012

"A nice suprise, what a gem of a place for a all ages! Came here on a girlie break with daughter and some friends and had a lovely time- also felt very safe here as there is excellent security and always someone not to far away if you have any difficulties. Lloret has improved over the years- or at least I wasnt aware of tacky commercialism that I remember - perhaps its because the Olympic group have a lovely position behind the town?I'm not sure- but I lovd having breakfast looking at the mountains!- Addmitted there are no Sea views- but the lovely clean beach is only a 10 minute- flat walk- but unlike me.. we spent most of our stay around the beautiful pools and gardens Also I loved the fact that they also have a full size Taditional Pool -ideal for a proper swim in the mornings- just to make you feel a little less guilty for doing nothing else much for the rest of the day Also our rooms were massive- We actually got rooms in the Olympic suites and they could actually accomadate 4 quite comfortably- although We only had two!! My daughter was very happy with her room in the 'Olympic gardens'- there are 3 hotels in the complex.."

• Travel date: 27th August 2007

Would Go Back

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"I went with my family last summer and found the stay to be quite nice. We stayed for two weeks half board. I'm not sure about the other reviews here, but the staff we met were very nice and helpful. They would remeber who we were and would even stop to have a chat. The food for a hotel of this caliber was in my opinion good, and I don't see any reason for complaint. Lloret de Mar was beatiful and we had many nice walks. The entertainment was ok, people seemed to enjoy it except for one night were there really was a "tough crowd". The rooms were cleaned everyday and to a good standard. In conclusion if you are looking for superb round the clock service, custom gourmet meals, and luxuaries then I'd suggest to spend that extra buck on a 5 star plus hotel. If you'd like to have a good time and see what Spain has to offer, I'd highly suggest this hotel. Also, again the staff were some of the friendliest I have met, even more so if you take the time to say a few greeting in Spanish and to, as metioned before, respect their culture."

• Travel date: 14th July 2007

Would Never Go Again!

Reviewed 5th November 2012

"Very Very Very disappointed with this hotel. We looked through all the galleries and thought this hotel looks perfect and boy where we wrong. We arrived for a short break on Friday 15th June 2007 - When we arrived they could'nt even find our booking we waited over 1/2 hour and they eventually found us. We were put on the 3rd floor and it just so happened there was approx 150 spainsh kids staying on a football tournement. They had no respect running up and down the hall until the small hours of the morning and then getting up at 6.00am and banging on the doors etc. Then when you went for breakfast it was a nightmare. Everyone was complaining and nothing happened. Eventually they left at around 6.00pm on the Sunday, we got one good nights sleep and then it was time to go back home. I thought the food was horrible, everything was cooked in the same fat and everything was covered in mayo etc. I was eating what i thought was pork and found out it was actually chicken, needless to say we did'nt eat in there again we had to buy food out.I have never had such a disapointing holiday and would not recommend this hotel, the staff were un helpfull and i think it should have been common courtesy to inform people that there was over 100 football kids aged 6-12. Your friends stayed in another 4 star down the street which was cheaper and was lovely compared to this hotel. The room had no tv like stated and the air con was broken and the room had'nt been decorated since 1950!!"

• Travel date: 25th June 2007

Friendly hotel

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"Stayed there for 2 weeks half board and found the hotel staff very helpfull have read other reviews and maybe the people should make an effort to say simple greetings in Spanish instead of being totally ignorant to their language and culture. The hotel was mostly full of Spanish, German and French and some English and im glad there was not many English as they made me feel ashamed to call myself British"

• Travel date: 17th May 2007

Not a four star

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"This hotel has been advertised as a 3 to 4 star hotel by some travel agents and the hotel itself rates itself as a 4 star. I have to say that the hotel is no where near a 4 star and is at best a 3 star. The hotel itself is in good condition and well presented on the surface with a nice foyet and pool and a descent bar, restaurant and room, everything you would expect from a self proclaimed 4 star hotel Beneath the surface lies a lot of problems though. The staff at the hotel are as many have said, frankly rude and somewhat lazy. You struggle to get a smile ANYWHERE in this place although I must say there were one or two notable exception who tried there best to make up for the rest. My wife is vegetarian and the buffet options for vegetarians were none existant. When in doubt my wife always goes for salad but even the salad had fish and mince meat. To be safe, she asked the staff when ever unsure and although they assured her that some foods were strictly vegan they weren't. We went on a half board basis and we found that we had to pay for drinks in the evening (even water) when at breakfast times, the drinks were fee. This to a lot of people was odd and confusing Overall, even for a meat eater like myself, the choices every day in the restaurant were pretty much the same and ill thought out. One day they had fried tomatoes for dinner as well as toasted cheese and ham sandwiches. I would have thought that this would be better served for breakfast. Cleanliness over all was good but although the rooms were cleaned every day, a more closer inspection of the bed linen revealed that the sheets weren't actually changed and toilet bleach was only used once (the day we left). In a true four star hotel, you would expect any obvious faults or damages to be sorted as quickly as possible but a broken mirror on the stairs and faulty neon light were left broken for the full week we were there. The mirror was just left covered with a cardboard box."

• Travel date: 2nd July 2006

Great value at Olympic

Reviewed 5th November 2012

"Great hotel with good food for a tour group of 16 yr old footballers and their parents. Well satisfied with services, facilities and location. Would travel again with family."

• Travel date: 19th July 2004

Hotels near Evenia Olympic Park

Top traveller tips for Evenia Olympic Park

• by Danielle B

"none its brilliant the way it is"

Evenia Olympic Park is also called

• olympic park lloret de mar
  • hotel olympic park lloret de mar
  • olympic park lloret