we stayed here for one week and i think...

Reviewed Mon 14th of April 2008

"we stayed here for one week and i think that it was brilliant. also there was alot of fun things to do and even there was some cute boys!! the shop inside was brilliant and the food tasted lovely. the enterntainment was brilliant. they even got my mum and dad involved!!! my nanna and grandad came along with us and they had a lovely time. there was somethings that wasn't brilliant the beach and the airplane that was the worst because i hate flying also there was some building work going on nearby us and it looked messy. i would go again though it was really a brilliant time. "

• Travel date: Mon 14th of April 2008

The Costa Encantada Apartments were spot...

Reviewed Wed 9th of April 2008

"The Costa Encantada Apartments were spotless and quite spacious for a family of 4 [my wife,twin sons of 15 and myself].
The amenities and entertainment was very poor [maybe the time of year];the snack/pool bar, pub, Pizzeria were all shut and the entertainment was totally geared for the Spanish Pensioners who took over the whole complex.
The Hotel is rather remote from the resort centre [20 mins away], and the resort was over priced and full of shops offering you a 'good price' for booze/souvenirs/etc.Very hard sell, which we have never experienced before in mainland Spain.
The resort has plenty of bars, cafes, shops, etc. But, the poor exchance rate of the Euro [1.2] made this an expensive holiday for self catering.
Overall, not value for money."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of April 2008

Graet holiday, kids had a fantastic time...

Reviewed Thu 31st of January 2008

"Graet holiday, kids had a fantastic time. Really nice appartment, clean, spacious and well maintained grounds. Friendly and helpful staff.

We had a pool view and gives you a good view of the whole complex which is quite large. We ate out most nights but tried the meal in the hotel one night with the kids!wasted our money on kids as ours didn’t like it at all. Entertainment was good but they finish up at about 11.45 and put music on when the place is filled to capacity, think they can pay reps a wee bit more to stay a little later.

Barcelona trip is a must Camp Nou fantastic, had to queue a lot at water park for long periods, marine land is a good day out as it also has a water park and isn’t as busy as main water park! Fenals has a nice beach that isn’t over crowded and there are a couple of restaurants there. We found a place on the way into Lloret which was great for food and the Spanish couple who run it speak excellent English!

A great resort and a great apartement complex made a great holiday

• Travel date: Thu 31st of January 2008

This was an decent holiday. The accommod...

Reviewed Sat 26th of January 2008

"This was an decent holiday. The accommodation was clean. The room was close to the centre. There was a wide variety of freshly prepared food. Towels and bed linen changed each day.

The resort is bust with a varied range of activities for all ages. The beech is sandy and the sea shallow. The beach is close to the resort. The swimming pools are large and clean. There are children areas in the pools and they are well supervised by life guards

Fortunately the weather was gorgeous and the scenery beautiful. we had a boat trip to Tossa de mar which was great, we went on long walks, did the Barcelona/fountains trip which we all enjoyed immensely but the highlight of the whole holiday had to be the day we went to Marineland.

The down side to the resort were the shop keepers around Fenals who practically drag you in the shops and pester you constantly. When you do go in to the extent that we used to avoid going in and went to Lloret itself where this did not happen so often. We have never had this problem anywhere else we have stayed in Spain, it seemed to be the Asian and not the Spanish shop workers who were the problem.

We would definitely go back to Lloret/Tossa

The Costa Brava is definitely worth a visit.

• Travel date: Sat 26th of January 2008

I went with my boyfriend to this hotel t...

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2007

"I went with my boyfriend to this hotel the first week in September and weather was amazing! The hotel is definitely not a 3 star... I would say easily a 4 star!

I'm not sure where all these other people ate... I thought the hotel food was great! Being honest it didn't have a large variety, there was the usual salad buffet with plenty of variety (was nice and fresh) and the dessert counter had a good selection as well but it wasn't clear what everything was. The main buffet had a selection of fish, meat and chicken dishes with a variety of side dishes such as chips potatoes and pasta!

The pool was big and the pool and poolside area was always clean and tidy, there was always plenty of sun loungers! and the poolside bar was cheap. The only downside to the pool area was the dodgy music the hotel played, was glad when the kids club turned it off to play party tunes in the afternoon for the kids! lol

The Rooms were very clean and spacious. The kitchen had all the stuff you need, with a big fridge/freezer and cooker :) ! The living area was a good size and the balcony was the biggest I've seen yet. The toilet was a good size as well!

The hotel itself was always very clean and the mini market inside the hotel was good and wasn't to expensive! The supermarket is only across the street from the hotel and the Fanels beach is only a short walk down the road, it was very easy to find :) !

The beach isn't very child friendly as the water gets very deep as soon as you stand in it, I even seen people diving in lol !! But since there's no sand (shingle?) .. you don't get it everywhere :) !

Overall this holiday was amazing and I would definitely go back!"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of November 2007

Booked this holiday based on other comme...

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2007

"Booked this holiday based on other comments. Most were right, it does deserve the high ratings as described by other guests, the hotel is spotless and the pool area is ideal for families.

We went near the end of September and the weather was excellent. Yes, the pool does get a bit chilly for the adults but I never heard the children complaining. The staff are helpful (special thanks to Gail the receptionist) in general this is a well run hotel.

The food in the hotel is okay but we prefer to eat out. There are plenty of eating places near by, try America, this is a family run restaurant only 5 mins from the hotel. We ate there 3 times and it just got better each time. We had a 3 course meal with wine all for under £9.

The area is fenals and much nicer than llorett as it can be a bit tacky. The walk into Llorett is a good 20 minutes over a hill so remember its Fenals your booking and not Llorett de mar. Try a boat trip to Blanes or Tossa de mar, it's lovely on a hot day.

The hotel entertainment is family based so expect plenty of rep shows, dizzy and shades for the under 10's. The hotel has a separate pub for adults but unless you like football, give it a miss. Ladies don't buy a half pint of beer in the hotel as it's 2 euro when you can buy a full pint for 2.80 euro.

The hotel sits on an incline so if you are disabled forget it.

Overall, this is one of the best hotels in this area and I would recommend it for families, but not for couples.

• Travel date: Fri 12th of October 2007

I stayed in this hotel for 1 week and I...

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2007

"I stayed in this hotel for 1 week and I thought it was brilliant! I have no bad word to say about it the staff, security, hygiene just everything was spot on.

I would recommend a pool view room as waking up to look at the beautiful pool was great although the rooms at the back of the hotel were also good especially if you get the top floor rooms as you have access to the top of the hotel roof which was wicked for sunbathing!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone of any age and any group! It was great not 1 person we spoke to had a bad word to say about this accommodation! We loved it.

The pool is so cold in the morning but its so fun you don’t care once you get it also the tuna mayo sandwiches were lovely along with all the other food! Honest it’s great!!!

• Travel date: Wed 10th of October 2007

Just got back from a fabulous holiday at...

Reviewed Tue 2nd of October 2007

"Just got back from a fabulous holiday at the Costa Encantada. The apartments are lovely, the pool area nice and there is a brilliant shop onsite.

I am so glad that we went self catering though, the one day we did eat in the hotel restaurant it was absolutely disgusting, you couldn’t tell what the food was, it was greasy and inedible, and I therefore paid 12 euros for two bread rolls.

We found two nice restaurants; one at the end of the road who’s name escapes me and the Orient Express on the beach front, truly fabulous English food!! We ate there nearly everyday.

The only other thing that spoilt our holiday slightly was the weather but at this time of year it was expected.

A trip to Barcelona is a must, we didn’t book it through the reps we booked it at a kiosk in Lloret De mar. You have to get a bus from the petrol station which is a bit of a nightmare because there are so many buses, make sure you know which company you have booked with as it will say on the front of the bus.

A really nice relaxing holiday. Not much to do in the resort itself (Crazy golf kept us entertained) but plenty in the surrounding areas, Port Aventura, water parks and Barcelona.

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of October 2007

Enjoyed our stay at the costa encantada,...

Reviewed Sat 29th of September 2007

"Enjoyed our stay at the costa encantada, food and accommodation both very good, although there was not always a great lot of food choices.

Apartment was clean although the maids did not come in every day. Reception staff very helpful and friendly, with a small on site supermarket, although there was a very big supermarket just 5 minutes from hotel complex.

Hotel was about a ten minute walk from the centre of lloret, which we thought was a nice distance, and the walk is direct along a main road.

Fennels was just a five minute walk from the hotel, we preferred fennels to lloret, it was a bit quieter and more suitable for families or couples.

• Travel date: Sat 29th of September 2007

Stayed at Costa Encantada apartments on...

Reviewed Wed 19th of September 2007

"Stayed at Costa Encantada apartments on half board basis for 1 week.

We were lucky to get a 4th floor corner room so overlooked the pool to the front and had views to the side. We found the whole complex very quiet during our stay-almost as if it was all winding down. Any entertainment arranged during the day seemed very poorly attended and we saw nothing much ever going on in the evenings. The complex was pretty quiet but there was often street noise in the early hours.

the food was of a very poor standard in comparison with other 3&4* hotels we have stayed in, poor selection and the fruit was often bruised and tasteless. As has been commented before in other reviews, the breakfasts and desserts hardly varied and the restaurant was always very quiet considering the number of people who were staying there.

We enjoyed the dolphin and sea lion shows so much that we stayed for both shows and thoroughly enjoyed it all. Only drawback was we thought we had captured the show on the video part of our digital camera so didn't buy the DVDs which were on sale and deeply regret this now as ours hasn't turned out as good as we hoped. I've even put a "wanted" ad on e-bay as I’d love a copy.

So if you enjoy it as much as we did, my advice would be to buy a copy and relive the memories.

We would definitely go back to Lloret/Tossa to stay but not sure if we would go back to Costa Encantada as we weren't impressed with the food, the lack of lockers for luggage when your flight is late evening and having to pay so much for safety deposit box and air conditioning which has been free elsewhere.

The Costa Brava is definitely worth a visit."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of September 2007

I was very impressed with the Costa Enca...

Reviewed Thu 6th of September 2007

"I was very impressed with the Costa Encantada. The Apartments and whole complex where spotless. The apartment itself was checked every other day by the maid service, and more often if necessary. The lady who looked after our apartment was very pleasant and cheerful, and nothing was too much trouble.

There were five of us on holiday, two adults and three boys (16, 12 & 10 years). The apartment itself was one bedroom with three of us sleeping in the lounge. It was very cramped, and in hind sight a two bedroom apartment would have been better. However considering how little time we actually spent there we coped.

The whole complex was outstanding; the large pool area was kept clean during the day, and thoroughly cleaned every night. The sports, amusement and entertainment areas where the same.

The reception staff where excellent, they sorted any problems or queries with the minimum of fuss, they also gave excellent advice on the local area. I must give a special mention to Gail, who must be best receptionist I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

The entertainment staff provided a varied package, and were very pleasant. They encouraged everyone to take part in the various activities; they also showed a lot of patience with young children.

The dinning room gave a wide and varied selection of food; all meals provided buffet style and piping hot. However the dinning room staff could have been a little more pleasant and helpful.

I was least impressed with the reps. while they eventually answered any queries, they did not appear very interested (unless you happened to be a young attractive and female)! They enthusiastically sold various day trips, however once money was handed over interest was quickly lost. All trips leave from a bus stop at a nearby Petrol Station, however when we arrived there was about a dozen buses, with no recognisable rep to tell us which one to get on. This was not very satisfactory as we ended up on the wrong bus, as a result had less time at the various venues.

The local area was very pleasant, with lots of tourist type shops. The restaurants provided a great selection, and I must admit the Americana was our favourite (great food, great service and wonderful staff).

We all enjoyed our holiday, and would recommend it as a family holiday.

• Travel date: Thu 6th of September 2007

Well...where do I start? Hotel itself i...

Reviewed Mon 3rd of September 2007

"Well...where do I start?

Hotel itself is amazing. Entertainment was fantastic. Food wonderful, room clean, pool immaculate. We went self catering and wish now that we hadn't.

The food put on by the hotel is wonderful and lots to choose from. We found the restaurants within the resort very poor and filled with Italian teenagers. Alcohol could also be quite expensive outside the hotel.

We only ventured into Lloret and Fenals a few times as the roads were horrendous. There are crossings but the Spanish don't seem to take any notice of this and park on them.

Mopeds are also a nightmare; my husband was nearly knocked down by one that wanted to bypass the red light and so mounted the pavement. There is also constant noise from ambulances and police cars. A few weeks before we arrived a person was killed on the road into Lloret, so please be careful.

The beaches are horrible, we knew they were shingle but they are so painful to walk on. The sea is also dangerous as it just plummets to very deep levels without warning.

We were unfortunate weather wise as it was quite poor, but on the few days we did get that were nice...it was very hot.

In brief, we would never go back here again. Which is a shame as the hotel is fantastic and the entertainment staff are wonderful. You are really looked after at this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of September 2007