H.TOP Amaika Superior Adults Recommended

• russian amenities
  • sauna
  • spanish amenities
  • hot tub
  • paid private parking on site
  • tv other russia
  • tv channel one russia

Lovely holiday - Margaret B

Reviewed 16th March 2012

"Just returned from a week in Hotel Amaika which we had been transferred to as our original booking hotel was closed but we were so pleased with our alternative and had a lovely week. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are lovely and have all you need, our bathroom had two showers and even toiletries that were topped up every day! Our room was cleaned every day, beds made and towels changed - no housework for me! The staff were very friendly and helpful with a cheery 'ola' as you pass reception. The food was basic but always well cooked and we found plenty of choice and if the temperature was a little cool then then was a microwave if you like your food really hot. For the money we were paying we thought that what we got was more than we expected. It was probably the best all inclusive drinks availability that we have had as they had a local alternative for nearly all the drinks from Baileys to Malibu and wine was served by the bottle at mealtimes and not by the glass! Yes you could only get 2 drinks each time with your AI card but I thought this was great as you never had queue long as they was nobody getting drinks for 20 people and it meant as a couple we got a drink each every time one of us went to the bar. There was entertainment and dancing every night and with such a mix of nationalities it led to some lively dance routines. The hotel is very near to the beach, the shops and the bars and we reached Barcelona by train in an hour on our day there - book your open top bus at the train station and get the train free. Tourist info in Calella was excellent and as the weather was sunny but cold we did lots of walking and ventured up into the hills. Would definatley return both to the resort and the hotel. You get what you pay for and on this occasion we felt we got more than we paid for. :)"

• Travel date: 15th March 2012

glad am home

Reviewed 10th November 2011

"just returned from amaika calella 5th november,what can i say.hotel clean, room clean, food not bad always fine something to eat.if its a base you wont its fine,but calella is horrible dirty place one nice street and thats it,at night never went out like a ghost town gave me the creeps, sorry but how i felt.might of beem cos it was end of season but still would not get me back in summer."

• Travel date: 9th November 2011

Unethical Management Practices - Beware

Reviewed 27th October 2011

"Our party of 6, including my 83 year old mother arrived at the hotel to be told there were no rooms allocated to us and that we would have to stay in another H-Top hotel (Pineda Palace) at an adjacent resort. We had booked and paid for the hotel through a UK agent approximately 3 months before and had not received any notification of any problems with the booking. We had stayed at the hotel on several prior occasions without problems. It was important that we stayed at this hotel because we had other friends staying at an adjacent hotel and we did not wish our party to be split up over the holiday. Additionally, my mother is unable to walk up hills so the location of the Amaika which is on flat ground was ideal. We asked the receptionist why they were unable to honour our booking to which we received a shrug of the shoulders and no explanation. We then asked to speak to the manager and was told there was no manager available. We asked how we were to travel to the alternative hotel and again received only a shrug of the shoulders. When we insisted that we were not prepared to move to an alternative hotel the receptionist, after telephoning the Hi Top head office, offered us one two roomed suite and one double room at the nearby Calella Palace hotel. Because this hotel is located on a steep hill it is completely unsuitable for my mother and in any case we need three seperate rooms. We again insisted that they honour the booking to which the receptionist replied that we should contact our UK booking agent which we did. The UK agent was not aware of any problems regarding the booking and untertook to speak to the H Top head office. They did this and called us back stating we could stay at the hotel as booked and then asked to speak to the receptionist. As if by magic, 3 rooms were suddenly available to us. It was clear that the hotel were aware of our arrival but for whatever reason, the hotel did not want to accommodate us when they were indeed able to. We can only conclude (because we were never given an expanation) that the hotel operates unethically by overbooking and then redirecting the overspill to adjacent, but possibly less popular H Top hotels. It was only our insistance that we would not be diverted to another hotel that the hotel eventually agreed to honour the booking. Frankly, the way in which we were treated on our arrival was absolutely disgraceful and I warn others of what is likely to happen if you book at this hotel. "

• Travel date: 26th October 2011

Second review for Oct 2011

Reviewed 27th October 2011

"We too have just returned fron our stay at the Amaika Hotel {22nd Oct} and we had exactly the same thing happen to us.We were stunned to be told the hotel was full and that we would have to be moved,we pointed out that my mum was with us and at 83 is not so good at having to walk, we had chosen to stay where we were because of the location of places for her.We also asked to see the manager and like the previous people we were told no manager was available ,which frankly we did not believe,especially when we then asked to see his deputy.When asked how we were meant to get to the other resort/ hotel the receptionist just shrugged her shoulders.My husband phoned our booking agent in the uk and passed on the number of Htop head office {given to us by receptionist}Booking office then phoned my husband back and said hotel was not full and our rooms were available !!! So we eventually got the three rooms our party had booked,but it was not a happy start to our holiday.But the rest of the week at the hotel was fine.Food was good but not always hot.Entertainment is noit very good either.And on top of that i had my purse stolen at the train station i Catalonia ! { do beware of the pickpockets there ,they are very professional} "

• Travel date: 25th October 2011

One Week in October 2011

Reviewed 8th October 2011

"We have just returned - 07th Oct 2011, from a six night stay at the H-Top Amaika Hotel, Calella. We specifically booked this Hotel three months in advance, as we’d stayed there on a previous occasion and had a very enjoyable time. Unfortunately our previous pleasurable experience was about to be shattered, this Hotel has its good and bad points. Good points: The Hotel is well situated, close to the beach, is spotlessly clean and within easy reach - via train, bus of both Barcelona and Lloret De Mar. Calella is a lovely resort with plenty of shops, bars and reasonably priced restaurants so you won’t go hungry. Bad points: On arrival (11:30pm), we were meet by the Hotels night receptionist who advised us that the Hotel was fully booked and no room had been allocated for us, further adding that they had transferred us to the H-Top Pineda Palace, Pineda De Mar the next resort down that coast, this without notification to either us or our travel company. Anyway, we had stayed in Pineda De Mar some years earlier, so we knew that it was a very small resort with little in the way of amenities, this being one of the reasons we’d specifically booked Calella and we did not wished to be moved. After explaining this to the receptionist for an hour or more (who i would add, just shrugged his shoulders and said that if we did not move then we would have nowhere to sleep), and after demanding to speak with the Hotel manager (not available as he’d gone home). We contacted our tour operators ‘out of hours emergency resort help line’, a god send, in turn they contacted the Hotels receptionist. Who suddenly advised us that he’d spoken to the manager and somewhat conveniently they had found us a room, further claiming, that another party had failed to show and we had now been allocated what should have been their room. Please be aware, after chatting to other guests we found out that they had used similar excuses on six other couples during our stay, with one elderly being moved to the Pineda Palace for two days, before, and after compiling to their tour operator were moved back to the Amaika. It would appear that the Amaika Hotel regularly gets overbooked and utilises the Pineda Palace for its English overspill. The food we found on this occasion to be poor with limited choice, catering mainly for their German and Spanish guest, good job there were plenty of restaurants within the resort. limited entertainment, we’d booked ‘all inclusive’ which we thought would save us money on the drinks bill but were left feeling little, or no the effects from the unbranded makes of their alcohol, i suggest that if this is an important requirement of any holiday you upgrade to their Gold card which costs a further 12 Euros per person per day and entitles you to certain branded makes, this as the local bars charge 4.60 Euros for branded drinks. In summary – Great location (well done to the hard working maids and bar staff), shame about the rest of the Hotel and because of its managements couldn’t care less approach we won't be returning. "

• Travel date: 8th October 2011

No 4* Hotel!!

Reviewed 26th July 2011

"This is no 4* hotel, sadly this hotel lacks alot... it is in a nice location and right by the beach but all else is poor!! the hotel serves poor food and its always cold and with little choose and selection! especially for the kids' the pool is very small and little sunbeds, and there's absolutely nothing going on or to do at this hotel .. the rooms are small too .. thou the cleaning of the rooms was daily and good, and some friendly staff, all the other Htop hotels seemed the same and all should be 2 or 3* rated!"

• Travel date: 22nd July 2011

Amaika hotel

Reviewed 17th May 2011

"We have just returned from a holiday at the Amaika the food was good the room comfortable the staff friendly very enjoyable will go again Jean Tony Southampton"

• Travel date: 15th May 2011

This Hotel is definately not 4 star, maybe 3 if the food was ok

Reviewed 4th January 2011

"This was our 3rd visit to the Amaika (all inc), previously found it to be Excellent all round. WOW! what a big disappointment this year, Our biggest disappointment was the Buffet Style Restaurant.The guests at the hotel consisted of British, French & Spanish and I would estimate that we Brits were 70% of the guest list yet our tastes were never catered for. The restaurant staff seemed to be falling over each other to do as much as they could for the French & Spanish guests leaving the Brits to Make do, we did see people complaining about the food but the reaction from the Staff was to Shrug their Shoulders The Food was always either luke warm or cold but never warm or hot. What type of 4 star hotel charges you 20 euros deposit for the remote control for the TV in your room which I may as well add is well over 10yrs old"

• Travel date: 1st January 2011

Good stay

Reviewed 10th November 2010

"Have just had a short break at the Amaika Hotel, Calella. This is a lovely hotel very near to the beach, shops, bars and restaurants. The rooms are spacious, confortable and clean, there was plenty of wardrobe space and a good sized bathroom with both shower cubicle and over the bath shower. The restaurant staff were courteous, friendly and very helpful. Reception area spacious and welcoming with very helpful receptionists, one young lady in particular with a very sunny personality and 'special' sense of humour helped arrange the hire of a wheelchair for my husband. The only downside was that the bar staff did not seem to be very customer friendly, hence the mark of 8 out of 10, come on guys, don't let the side down. Also a suggestion for the bar area would be that the tea and coffee machine, situated on the bar, be available out of bar hours as an early morning cup of tea or coffee would be greatly appreciated, either that or tea making facilities in the bedrooms."

• Travel date: 10th November 2010

Great location,newly refurbished

Reviewed 31st August 2010

"I want to say a big Thank you to Mark at HTop for upgrading my family to the newly refurbished HTop Amaika Hotel in Calella. The hotel itself is a great location 5 minute walk from the beach, there were shops, restaurants etc all a stone throw away. Our room was very spacious with four beds, TV, fridge, and a fantastic bathroom, with separate shower, bath with overhead shower, sink, toilet, bidet, and hairdryer. The Hotel was refurbished to a very high standard and looked sensational. The hotel was exceptionally clean and the reception staff and Restaurant Staff were nice they all work very long hours and very hard. The Restaurant Manager and Head Waiter were exceptional with their customer service, nothing was too much trouble, and those two staff are really a credit to HTop Hotels. I have taken photos of them for you all to see, as they really do deserve praise. On the Sunday night and Monday my Husband and youngest son became very ill with sunstroke and could not physically leave the room. The Restaurant Manager and Head Waiter provided me with food and ice cold bottled water to take up to the room, and Monday evening the Head Waiter took the food and water up to the room for me so my other son and me could eat our meal. There was a wide variety of food, but sometimes the eggs at breakfast were cold but there was a microwave to warm food up so was not a problem. The TV room/internet room was very spacious and cool. The Gym was very good with a good selection of equipment which we really enjoyed using. Didn’t get round to using the Sauna and Jacuzzi but it looked amazing!!! The entertainment was ok, kiddies disco every night and a couple of shows, however I had seen better at other HTop Hotels as I have stayed at a few. The Pool was slightly smaller than expected and never managed to get a sun bed, but had plenty of chairs and tables, but that did not matter as we went to the beach most days. The beach is wonderful, very clean, plenty of space for adults and children to play games. The waves do get quite high though and the water gets deep very quickly within 7 feet it was up to my neck, so you have to be careful with young children. We actually loved the waves and enjoyed being thrown around in the waves and jumping the waves, great fun!!!! The HTop coach is fantastic and we spent the day in Malgrat de Mar at the Planamar Hotel which is just across the road from the beach. Again, a great location, good games room, pool, gym. Our first night was spent in the HTop Olympic, which is a very large Hotel (about 5/10 minute walk from the Amaika Hotel ) and has two pools at the front of the Hotel and more pools at the back of the Hotel. The staffs were very friendly and the Hotel was very clean. However, the rooms are awfully squashed with four beds in. Returning from the beach, I found a message under my door asking me to contact the Hotel Manager. I went to the reception and was taken to the Managers office. The Manager Frank was lovely and informed me the Director of HTop wanted to speak to me on the telephone urgently. Well after speaking to Mark, I was over the moon to find out we were being offered a upgrade because of what had happened with my holiday with SUN4U, which I ended up paying twice. I hope that I will be refunded for the first Hotel I paid for. I only have one criticism of the Amaika Hotel and that is the attitude of the Bar Manager and bar staff. Many families were complaining because the bar staff refused to allow adults to get more than two drinks at a time for their families. On the Monday night when my Husband and son were ill. I went down to the bar with my other son to try and get four soft drinks to take up to our room. My son got his drink and I explained to the waiter that my Husband and son were very ill in bed and could I please have three drinks. The waiter refused and gave me two drinks only. When I asked why and he said that’s the hotel policy. I told the waiter I was on the forth floor and it would be silly to take the two drinks up to the room then have to come back down and queue up again to get another drink. The Waiter said my husband can come and get his own drink. I took my two drinks to the Reception and explained to the Reception staff who made a phone call and said I could now go and get another drink. However once again at the bar the waiter refused. Eventually the Bar Manager came and told me to leave the two drinks at the reception then I can get another drink at the bar after queuing up again. In all I was about 2o minutes trying to get three drinks for myself, Husband and son . AS YOU KNOW i HAD READ REVIEWS ABOUT THIS HAPPENING AND THE HTop Staff on Facebook assured me that common sense avails and I would be able to get drinks for my family. Unfortunately, the Bar Manager has no common sense and instructs his staff not to allow Adults wanting to get drinks for their families to take more than two drinks at a time. I must admit I was very upset by this especially as my husband and son were so ill and how good the Restaurant Manager and Head Waiter had been all day providing outstanding customer service. Please do have a word with your Bar Manager and Staff there, as you will loose valuable customers to HTop Hotels with this kind of hostility and stupidity towards families. We did not let this incident spoil our holiday and we had a fantastic time. I just wanted to praise The Santa Suzanna Hotel where we stayed a couple of years ago as all the staff there were fantastic full of smiles and worked extremely hard. "

• Travel date: 27th August 2010

Food for thought

Reviewed 15th June 2010

"Just returned from seven days all inclusive at the beginning of June 2010. Booked the hotel on the recommendation of a friend who has been the past two years. My only complaint would be the food - limited choice of hot meals , plenty of salads and pasta dishes. The food at times wasn't warm especially at breakfast plus during the week there was only one meal were we could get hot dinner plates!"

• Travel date: 14th June 2010

alcatraz made are holiday

Reviewed 30th March 2010

"Lovely hotel the staff are sooooo freindly and there is a great bar around the corner called the alcatraz and it caters every need food, drinks bingo, betting and football if you are staying at this hotle you must check it out really nice staff and great owner"

• Travel date: 29th March 2010
  • ...

Hotels near H.TOP Amaika Superior Adults Recommended

Top traveller tips for H.TOP Amaika Superior Adults Recommended

• by nomad

"Beach ok for good swimmers water gets deep very close to sand"

• by G Keylock

"barcelona is a must a breathtaking place must go to the rambles"

• by del

"make sure you give the alcatraz a look "

• by J Hinchliffe

"Nice pleasant resort spoilt by 18-30 groups"

• by Lancashire Lad 1

"Keep your tour companies telephone number handy."

• by Scooby doo

"The beach is close by and lovely .."

H.TOP Amaika Superior Adults Recommended is also called