The Pool at the Hotel Bon Repos

• french amenities
  • german amenities
  • italian amenities
  • polish amenities
  • paid public parking nearby
  • bicycle rental
  • karaoke
  • czech amenities
  • catalan amenities

Good

Not too terrible but wouldnt book again.

Reviewed 27th September 2010

"Sept 2010. Not too bad a hotel though the AI is terrible. Breakfast 8-9 advertised on their website as 8-10.30, lunch 12.45 to 1.30 advertised 12.30 to 2pm and dinner 7-8pm advertised 7-9pm. Each time we had to queue which most of the time we were unable to with two young children. The few occasions we did queue was to find that there was no food let and also the coffee machines were turned off or were not working. I feel we were treated like 2nd class because we were AI because during the day the only way we were able to have a hot drink was in a plastic cup the same as the cold drinks. I would not book this hotel again. Also, we were led to believe that parking was available, well it is available but at a charge of €10 per day. The snacks were misleading too on the website it says pizza, pasta with two sauces, hot dogs, toasties, chips. There were no pizza or pasta at all. The pool was freezing so children were unable to use."

• Travel date: 27th September 2010

Good hotel, pleasant stay

Reviewed 13th September 2010

"Was very worried about my holiday after reading the reviews but i must say that my experience was great. The hotel was a clean friendly place, which me and my family were very pleased with. The pool and rooms were cleaned everyday, staff extremely pleasant and friendly. Rooms were quite small but who wants to spend their holiday in their room. Was self catering but did have snacks during the day which were fine, but can't comment on meals. Very good location not far from anything. would recommend and go back too.."

• Travel date: 4th September 2010

Well Worth the money!!

Reviewed 8th September 2009

"Party of 4 adults and 4 children aged 6 and under. Was dreading going due to reviews but was pleasantly surprised. Had a room on 4th floor which contained 4 beds but wasn't overly squashed. Room cleaned every day with fresh towels. Hotel is old and a bit scruffy but you get what you pay for. Yes, there were broken tiles in the pools but my kids were in there all day every day and we didn't have any problems. The flags round the pool area are concrete and are very slippy. They have black marks on them which makes them appear dirty (they're not). The pool area was hosed down every morning. People said the pool was dirty but I didn't think it was. The sunbed situation could be annoying (not enough) but we always found a chair to sit on and lay on lilos. To get a sunbed you had to get up at 8am and queue. I did this twice and everyone was polite and waited their turn. The bar staff are fantastic and work very hard. They were never rude and we never had a problem getting served. The food at the snack bar was fine - burgers/toasties/hot dogs/chips and it was cooked perfectly. Kids loved the ice cream on the all inclusive. Adults loved the drinks especially the cocktails. The food in the restaurant was adequate. We always found something to eat. Chips available every day but so what - it doesn't kill you for a week. If you're adventurous and try the other food available it actually tasted quite nice. Breakfast was good with beans and either fried/scrambled or boiled eggs. Mini disco every night for the kids which could have lasted longer but the kids enjoyed it. We had a really good cheap week away. It wasn't the ritz but we didn't expect the ritz. Its a cheap basic hotel which does the job for a week in the sun."

• Travel date: 3rd September 2009

oh never again!!!

Reviewed 28th August 2009

"food; monday pork chops, monday evening pork chop fritters ! chips chips and more chips cold sogy. puddings melon water melon. food was bad. place was dirty, food left out all day burgers cooked and re cooked. pools were not that clean. No entertainment, not enough sun longers or chairs to go around.patio could do with a good jet wash. staff rude. The weather was lovely, and we made the best of what we had.The holiday was a fairly cheap holiday, but not cheap enough for the standards they did not have. One couple who bought their grand children on holidays came into their holiday room to find condoms hanging from the tv. Praise for pappas over the road where the food was really nice and enjoyable. would not go to calella, or the 'BON REPOS' hotel again."

• Travel date: 27th August 2009

TOTAL DUMP & DANGEROUS

Reviewed 18th August 2009

"After leaving the Esplai form the outset it looked nice, but when we got in the Baby Pool was all smashed up in the bottom and had not been working for months I was informed!!!! my daughter is 3 and so this was the main part of booking my holiday, it was a disgrace. The rooms were pleasent but the I could hear next door on the toilet so I was up all night with German kids shouting and carrying on yet again. The food was SLOP and was not labelled so you did not know what you were eating - without sounding like a snob it was like the worst council block in the roughest estate you could imagine or I expect that the food would be like what you get in prison.Do not go here and certainly do not book 4 beds as the rooms are like a rat box and a few families who I met showed me and will also be complaining on teh sites like I am too, the Sun or NOTW should go out there its a joke place and very dangerous for children, even the local wierdo comes in and photographs kids or steals things and the hotel do not say anything."

• Travel date: 18th August 2009

over priced, overbooked

Reviewed 6th August 2009

"I have just returned from this Hotel. I paid £1685 H.B. for me and three kids for the longest two weeks of hell. we were in a twin room with the beds all together, My son fell between and got stuck. how the maid did the beds was a puzzle as she must have had to kneel on each bed. there were fresh towels every day and she did make the beds. but clean it was not. it was overcrowded and a fire hazzard.I asked to be moved. and guess what? ``sorry we are fully booked`` OVERBOOKED more like it! A child cut himself in the pool on a broken tile, the medical box was practically empty. The area is not good for young kids, the sea is rough, as is the sand, and not a lot for them to do. The entertainment was none existent. great for couples as there are plenty of bars and clubs. BUT NOTHING FOR PEOPLE WITH CHILDREN. unless they only like sitting round the pool on the floor as you could not get a sunbed. jUST READ SOME OF THE OTHER REVIEWS. I was on the fourth floor had a pool view , oh and I could just about see an inch of sea in the distance through the many hotels in the way.The person who had the sea view must have stood on the chimney on the roof. And those that say it was good must have got a really cheap deal. unlike me. Who was ripped off BY SUNSAVE! "

• Travel date: 6th August 2009

Bon Repos & Sun4u NO!!!!!

Reviewed 3rd August 2009

"My daughter and I have just arrived back from the Bon Repos Hotel in Callela Spain!!!!!!!! I booked a late booking on the Thursday and we travelled on the Tuesday thank goodness we only went for five nights. Flight times were good and I requested all inclusive minimum guaranteed 3 star Ha Ha!! The room was on the top floor of five floors quite clean no fridge (knowing the alcohol on all inclusive is really bad I had bought some wine in the airport) went into the bathroom started the shower water was a trickle, asked the reception if they could send someone to look at the pressure two days later was told it was because we were on the fifth floor and they couldn't get the pressure up so far (maybe the skyscrapers in America do not have water). Television had no remote you paid 20 euros as refundable deposit after the third attempt we gave up!!! Balcony had a white table 2 cream chairs the table was all black with cigarette burns on it and floor was dirty. Food was absolutely appalling I have never eaten such rubbish (actually only ate in once spent £400 over 5 days eating out)Everyone in the hotel was complaining - avoid this hotel like the plague. Sun4u what a company to deal with!!!!! Forget complaints they don't want to know when you have paid. NO HELP AT ALL EVEN IF YOU OFFER TO PAY MORE!!!!!!! I spent over £20 on phone calls from my mobile to try to get moved and the number to phone for complaints whilst on your holiday forget it! She even puts the phone down on you and them quite simply does not answer it!! I travel abroad with various companies 4-5 times every year but I will never travel with them again."

• Travel date: 28th July 2009

what a load

Reviewed 28th July 2009

"on the second day there my bag was stolen and the hotel staff and the manager were no help what so ever all they said was the police station is ten miles away,just get someone to wire you some money i would advise anyone thinking of going here to not bother as its a holiday from hell,don't know how a travel operator could use this hotel"

• Travel date: 25th July 2009

[email protected]

Reviewed 5th January 2009

"The only good thing about the hotel was the bar staff and the 2 young people who were brilliant with the kids on a very limited kids club Leaka & Walsh both Dutch and for the food i can only say my dog would be fed better blood in the chicken all food was under cooked & being a chef im surprised no one got salmonella or worse there was 3 adults and one child stuck in a double room they said there was no bigger rooms but that was lies as we meet a Scotch couple and the had a room twice our size with 5 beds & only two adults and there two kids & all the corner rooms are this size.We were all inclusive & had to eat out every day & could only get snacks up to 5pm .The night we arrived about 12pm we could not even get a drink of water, would not recommend to anyone stay at home as for entertainment the same thing every night catering only for kids.NOT RECOMMENDED. "

• Travel date: 5th January 2009

Bon Rippoff

Reviewed 14th October 2008

"Hi Travel Republic won't put up my review but I can reply to you . Travel Republic changed my hotel and resort 3 times b4 departure last time a week b4 . Calella is fine ,this hotel is not . Food absolutely atrocious ,a whole dorsal fin found in my fish finger and bits of fins in my son's . Found blood in the chicken and also in the burgers at least four times ,bones in everything including rice .Little choice . Rowdy drunken unsupervised German 'students' will keep you awake thru the night . Beware they will spit on you from their balconies ,throw large ice cubes throw cigarette butts and anything else they can find . the bar staff are nice i.e. Paco and co . Everything is geared towards their German 'guests'. Our last night was spent with them throwing all the usual stuff from their balconies at the British guests and when they protested all hell broke loose . Honestly the very worst hotel we've ever stayed and worst Travel company ! Good luck . "

• Travel date: 13th October 2008

I read the reviews about this hotel befo...

Reviewed 24th September 2008

"I read the reviews about this hotel before i went and thought it cant be that bad!! How wrong i was, Me my daughter and mum spent 2 weeks in this hotel on a full board basis so lets start with breakfast well what there was of it no eggs oh sorry yes there was scrambled egg every day!! no bacon no sausages so basically had to go over to papa's bar to get a decent breakfast... Dinner times well what can i say if you like chips and veal your on a winner and that also goes for the evening meal, now and again you would get chicken and burgers and also liver.. and if you like melon well basically thats all you got, the only times food was decent was gala dinner so i think thats where the budget must of gone too, and to be fair it was nice!!! Reception staff what a complete waste of time my daughter got her arm trapped in one of the lifts when i went to tell the young lad on reception he scratched his head and said how strange also had to complain about the incosiderate german youths on school trips running round all night screaming knocking on doors have to say barely slept at all on this holiday.. The pool enter at your own risk looks like the bottom of it as not been cleaned in years and my daughter sliced her toe open on broken tile.. The bar staff cant fault always a smile and said good morning to you. Entertainment absolutley dire i couldnt believe on a saturday nights it was board games yes thats right board games. For kids nothing but a mini disco that lasted about 15 - 20 mins Run by 2 youngsters from holland who i gather were on some sort of work experience but they did try... I have been to many 3 star hotels that offered far more that this one did so i know i am not over reacting. My advice dont go here if you want a good family holiday as you will be dissapointed"

• Travel date: 24th September 2008

excellent hotel fantastic views awesome ...

Reviewed 21st September 2008

"excellent hotel fantastic views awesome staff great location and very good food in the hotel good looking staff especially chief cooks and the hotel is close to beach from the hotel you can see the view of sea"

• Travel date: 21st September 2008
  • ...

Hotels near Hotel Bon Repos

Top traveller tips for Hotel Bon Repos

• by lindsy2u

"pappas was fantastic "

• by priddy

"There were not any good restaurants in Callela unless you wanted a Pizza also very expensive"

• by sujones

"Papas Bar,and. Alcatraz were o.k but not great as they did the same jokes every night. "

• by sujones

"If you really want to go only do a week. and leave the kids at home."

Hotel Bon Repos is also called

• bon repos hotel
  • bon repos calella
  • bon repos hotel calella