About Hotel Torrejoven

• newspaper
  • street parking amenities
  • bridal suite
  • spanish amenities
  • paid private parking on site
  • billiards
  • solarium
  • mini golf

Good

Work almost done!

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"I was here in March when the major work was being carried out. I'm pleased to say that "most" of the work is now completed. This being the rooms etc. They all have a/c now.
I returned for another week (punishment or what?) in late September and the reception area was being renovated. The staff are now absolutely excellent and give great service all round. Bar staff still miserable though!
I'm am VERY confident that in 2005 (when all the work will be done) this hotel will be one of the cleanest in the area. So much so - that i'll probably return again in Summer '05. Enjoy!"

• Travel date: Mon 25th of October 2004

Never Again

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"My husband and I recently spent a week at the Torrejoven. We have to say we were rather disappointed. The first thing to put us off was that we arrived at 11.00am and was told our room was not ready and to return at 12.00pm. We did so and was then told it was still not ready and should be ready at 12.30pm. We asked again at 12.30pm and was told it should be ready at 1.00pm! By this time we'd had enough and went out for a meal somewhere. We finally got in our room three hours after arrival at 2.00pm! The person who said that the stairs were messy was right - they still were in April! We were only on the fourth floor and wouldn't have minded taking the stairs, but there was stuff everywhere so we had to use the lift (which sometimes took ages to arrive). Not too happy with the breakfast. Very boring cardboard toast and eggs floating in oil. The worst thing of all was the attitude of some of the staff! In the hotel bar, we were welcomed with a very solemn looking young girl, who refused to smile, despite us smiling at her and treating her with politeness. She also refused to acknowledge us on several occasions. We found her extremely rude. There was not one "please" or "thankyou" when buying drinks, just a very abrupt "THREE EUROS!!" On one occasion, we both stood there waiting to be served while she carried on writing something. She saw us, but decided to go off and do something else. We continued to wait for her to return and then she went and did something else again! We had to go to another nearby bar to get service with a smile. It was as if she hated 'tourists' or something. Maybe, it's just English people? She was happy to chat to a Spanish man and continue to ignore us. They lost a lot of money, because we didn't drink there again all week. I also agree with the person who commented on the very strange practice of clearing your own plates in the restaurant. Many people were not even aware that they were supposed to do this so they didn't. We found the staff in the restaurant to be very rude too. Twice we were asked who we were and whether we residents of the hotel or not! There may be a good reason for this, but the manner in which they did it was extremely rude. We paid for half board, but due to the rudeness of staff, we ate out on most nights. We regret to say that we would never stay at this hotel again. We only met two decent members of staff and that was a young man on reception a few times. He was very pleasant and helpful as was an older gentleman when we checked out. Shame the others were so unfriendly."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of April 2004

Right - where do I start?

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"Hotel cheap and clean. As mentioned in previous posts - this hotel is STILL having a major refurb on most floors. Heating doesn't work (only blows cold - OK for Summer I suppose) - very thin walls - I could hear EVERYTHING going on next door - if you know what I mean.I moved rooms half way through my 1 week there due to the noise. It starts at 8am and finishes circa 8pm.Food (buffet) is OK. Breakfast is basic, very good lunch and dinner is ok. Don't leave it too late to eat as most of the "good" food will have gone. Only the stale was left.Very nice staff.
Very central, just off E332 (main Alicante - Cartegena road). VERY good base for cycling/touring holidays. Families - stay away!At the moment anyway. I am positive the hotel will be very noce when completed but I left my holiday early due to the noise."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of March 2004

Basic

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"I stayed there for 3 nights (Jan 10th). Very basic hotel but clean. I was unlucky with my neighbours either side, (thin walls)both very noisey in the early hours of the morning, so not much sleep.

The hotel is having a refit on the first three floors and I expect eventually they will do throughout. So stairs need to be avoided as they are messy.

Breakfast basic with stale bread one morning! and strange system where you clear your own plates.

Reception, bar staff and cleaners friendly and helpful. A good central base but not really a family hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of January 2004

Cheap, cheerful and adequate.

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"Spent 4 days at the hotel. Easy to locate on roundabout on main Cartegena-Torrevieja road. Parking in road nearby. Very much a tourist hotel for people who have own transport. Half mile from beach - not a very pleasant one with lots of building about to happen. Not really suitable for families with children. Useful situation if you are buying property in the area. Hotel has fairly basic accommodation but is clean and staff are helpful and all speak English. Buffet lunch and diner at 9 euros is good value. Several restaurants and bars nearby so there is no need to go into Torrevieja to eat unless you want to. Good value for money."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of November 2003