Servigroup La Zenia

Urbanizacion La Zenia, 03189 Playa Flamenca, Orihuela Spain

Great Location

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"My Wife and I stayed 6 nights at La Zenia towards the end of September. Much improved from a previous visit, 3 star then 4 star now. Rooms are large and comfortable, sea view rooms are the best. Breakfast is good and varied, Dinner could be improved and the staff could look happier at their work.
All in all, a more than acceptable beach side hotel in an excellent location."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of October 2007

Wonderfully situated

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Wonderfully situated hotel with beautiful views over the sea. Have visited before and found the hotel clean and pleasant. Renovations have been made in the reception area and it is now a 4 star as opposed to a 3 star rating. Quite glad that we stayed BB rather than HB as the food is a bit repetitive. Staff were relatively friendly but we felt that they could have smiled a bit more! The area of La Zenia has lots of restaurants and an abundance of supermarkets. Believe me they have everything...lots of British people there and spanish having holidays. Rent a car though otherwise you might feel a bit bored after a few days. Enjoyable week"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of September 2007

Great Stay

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"Stayed here during June 2007, and I would definitely recommend it.

Very clean, friendly staff and good large rooms. I had a sea view with good size balcony which was fantastic.

Breakfast was great, I have stayed in alot of hotels around Europe, mostly in cities, but La Zenia breakfast is clearly the best. Plenty of choice, especially the fresh fruit and fresh orange juicing machine.

I had a half board booking, and was given the choice between lunch or dinner. I chose lunch as I have family living nearby and would socialise with them in the evening. I was a bit dubious about the idea of buffets, but was pleasantly surprised. Plenty of choice that changed every day. Again the waiters were very efficient and friendly.

There is a huge bar, and there seemed to be entainment every night. It was perhaps aimed at an older cliental but thats OK, we didn't plan to stay in the hotel for the evenings.

Overall, you will not go too far wrong booking La Zenia, it was a very pleasant stay, I will definitely stay again."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of June 2007

Loved every minute

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"My husband and I stayed here for a week in May and from the minute we arrived we could not have been made more welcome. We had a lovely room on the top floor overlooking the sea and a lovely platter of fresh fruit and bottles of water to greet us. In the cupboard was a very useful fridge and a safety deposit box which you paid a minimal fee for.

It happened to be my birthday whilst we were over there and when we came back to our room that evening there was an ice bucket with a bottle of champagne and two glasses waiting for us and a letter wishing me a very happy birthday from the Manager and staff.

We had booked half board were told we had a choice of lunch or evening meal which was useful as we went out with friends who live over there a couple of evenings that week.

The food is buffet style and there was quite a choice. Always plenty of fresh fruit and salads.Breakfast was excellent - just one point - the juice as you go in is definitely made from a packet but at the other end of the counters is a machine with fresh oranges that you squeeze for fresh juice - fantastic.

You can walk for miles along the coast path and visit other beaches or alternatively walk up to the main road and there are shops and a big supermarket. The only down side if you can call it that it is a long walk on an evening to the restaurants on the main road. It would be ok as long as it was light but we used taxis to get back. 7 Euros from the Cabo Roig selection. It was much safer,

We will definitey be returning to La Zenia!"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of May 2007

lovely hotel

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"HAHAHA i have to chuckle at the letter before me, as i had a nasty encounter with a huge cockroach one evening while i was enjoying a drink........something just caught the corner of my eye as we were sitting watching folks dancing at a second glance i saw the biggest ugliest cockroach run under my partners chair and i jumped up screaming making an idiot of myself........but please dont let that put you off of staying in this charming hotel, i did only see the ONE in 5 days of being there.......the rooms were comfortable and spotless, the views from our balcony were lovely, i looked forward to my breakfasts every morning in the self service restaurant........bacon, eggs tomatoes, and english pork sausages some days........there was toast.....croissants.....danish pastries........pancakes.......you name it you could get it here.....they even had chips! We only ate here one evening and i was very satisfied with the selection of food on offer............the entertainment is a little bit repetitive, but still enjoyable, and the huge bar/lounge is very comfortable, where table service is offered and you can drink anything from coctails to coffee, bar snacks are also available. While i was there i did feel that the hotel was more suitable for older folk than young with small children, but then again they may have a new entertainment programme in place for the high season........if you are thinking of going here i guarantee you will have a pleasant and relaxing stay..........the only negative thing i can say about this hotel is that there isnt any tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms, but there is room service."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of May 2007

Excellant Hotel RECOMMEND

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"Stayed here for 2 nights Jan 16th, excellent room well appointed SEAVIEW FANTASTIC, complimentry fresh fruit plate and bottles of water. Resturant good, plenty of variety and good attention by staff. Reception good, easy and very pleasant check in.
Would recommend to anyone, ask for a seaview to see the sun coming up its beautiful."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of January 2007

Good Hotel,Just One Thing to Beware !

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"There is a dearth of hotels in this area as it's mainly villas and apartments lived in by locals and Northern Europeans. We had never been to this area before and didn't know how we would take to it. Landed at Murcia JSV airport in the dark and picked up hire car. No map unless you buy one ( 2Eu ) and pay by credit card at the time you do the paperwork. So, set off on verbal instructions and pleased to say La Zenia is 25mins up the motorway (one toll of 1.5 Euro ) and really easy to find. The hotel is situated right on the beach, a great view from a front facing room all of which have a balcony. We booked on the net for Dec. when it was quiet so almost cetainly would not have got front room at that price in summer. Car parking is 10Euro/night but in winter there is plenty of street parking. We parked for free virtually outside the front door every night for a week. I would guess that this is only possible in the off season. The surrounding area is quite high class residential and very pleasant with a nearby shopping area and cafes. There is a big Restaurant/ Cafe right next door which looked quite good although we were on half board so didn't use it. You can do a great walk from the hotel along the seashore. The path varies from beach to mostly a hard path and even to a marble promenade so it is a very easy and pleasant walk. The food was such that most people would be happy with it over the course of a week. There is plenty of choice ,fish and meat are on every evening and lots of other stuff too including nice salad stuff. Also, this is the only hotel I've come across ( and I've been to many around the world) where ,at breakfast, you can serve yourself fresh orange juice made from fresh oranges, in a proper juicer. The weather was very good early Dec. sunshine every day, only a bit of rain one morning tha lasted a couple of hours. Warm in the sun by day but the temperature drops at night and it is a bit cool. Never saw anyone in the pool all week but saw one or two swimmers in the sea. The hotel is a very pleasant one. Our room on the front was very spacious and nicely decorated. Bed was a bit hard and pillow was substandard in our view.
Now ,the one thing which might put you off,cockroaches ! We had one in our bathroom on day two. On day four, I opened the door to go into the corridor and one was running round there. On another day I heard a chap sounding off at reception about a cockroach in his room. What made him really mad was that the girl was very matter of fact about it whereas he wanted someone to go to his room and deal with it straight away which of course they didn't. Her explanation was that they fly in through the window ! could this be possible, I have no idea. I could only assume that cockroaches are something they are used to and don't get exited about. A great pity really as the Hotel is a very pleasant one and apart from the possibility of meeting a cockroach I could heartily reccommend it. Whether they are a winter phenomenon or are there in the summer too, I don't know."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of January 2007

Just Perfect

Reviewed Thu 6th of March 2014

"We have just returned from a stay at la Zenia hotel with two other couples, and it was wonderful it was spotless staff friendly and although we only had bed &breakfast it was a great choice just looking forward to returning . The hotel gets 10 out of 10 Thanks ."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of March 2014

Hotels near Servigroup La Zenia

Stayed at Servigroup La Zenia? Share your insight.

Servigroup La Zenia is also called