Terralta Apartamentos Turisticos

Avda de Nicaragua 44, 03502 Benidorm Spain

Cat alert!

"just home from terralta apartments. lovely indoor pool. Soooo much to do in Benidorm weather was hot hot hot. Our apartments were fine but we had a terrible view of a block wall and when we arrived we were greated with 3 cats sitting on our balcony table. I HATE CATS and this spoiled my holiday we couldnt get rid of them. At night the cats roamed around the pool and one morning the pool was closed for 4 hours as cat poo was in pool. If you dont like cats DONT go to terralta apartments."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of July 2006

TERRALTA WAS GREAT

"We have just returned from a fortnight in the Terralta apartments and I would recommend a stay there to anyone . We had our 13year old daughter with us and she had a great time . The apts themselves did'nt have on much entertainment but as you are in Benidorm you werent short of things to do the apts were really clean and spacious with air con which was a bonus as the weather was scorching . We had a daytrip to Terra Mitica we booked at the hotel and just got a taxi up that cost 10 euros and we got a bus home that cost 3 euros for the 3 of us the bus stop is just acroos the road from the park . I definately would go back to the Terralta as I have stayed in the New town and found it much to busy and noisy for my liking this way if you feel the need for the nightlife it is just a taxi ride away."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of July 2006

Thoroughly enjoyable holiday

"Just arrived back from the Terralta Apartments. On arriving in the bus at the apartments, initially a wee bit disappointed by the outside, very basic looking, almost like lots of boxes stuck together. On entering, everything looked extremely clean, and it was. It certainly wasnt basic inside, everything still looking new. (They are 4 years old this week!)

The reception were very quick to check us in, and spoke excellent english. I had read previous reviews about it being noisy on the outer facing apartments when young lads ride around on their motorbikes, so requested a pool view room which was given to us. The music during the evening, which is loud, is played up until midnight, so if you have a pool facing room, forget about sleep til then!

The apartment itself was as big as I have stayed in on holiday, except luxury in Dubau and Mauritius, and spotlessly clean. Separate bedroom from the lounge area and air conditioning worked well. Large living room area with open kitchen. Large fridge/freezer, micro, everything you would need to live in. Only 2/3 English speaking TV channels but you dont go on holiday to watch TV! We couldn't find anywhere in the complex that was dirty, always plenty people tidying up, all the time!

The apartments were full to our knowledge, but even going down mid afternoon to the pool we always got a sun lounger. Food is pretty basic in the complex and we ate out every night, but whatbwe had during the day was good enough.

The drinks etc from the bar were reasonably priced, around 1.50 Pounds for a pint of lager.

If you are going here and you enjoy staying at your apartments for the evening entertainment, you will be disappointed, it is awful. The stage appears to be a few boxes stuck in the corner of the pool area with the same music played each night, but we went out most nights so it didnt effect us too much.

It is around a 10 minute want to the beach, all downhill going there and very pleasant. My wife was 27 weeks pregnant when we went and we walked back up at night and sometimes during the day, every day except one, when it was too hot. A taxi only costs about 5 euros in any case if you dont want to walk it.

Could not really falt the apartments to be honest except the entertainment and that seemed to be the case with most people we spoke to. It is used by mostly brits, with a mix of couples young and old and families with kids etc. The kids club seemed to go down well with the wee ones.

I would use the apartments again if I go back to Benidorm."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of June 2006

our return to benidorm at 'the other side'

Good

"The last time we stayed in Benidorm we were right over on 'the new' side, however we found it a nice walk down from the terralta through the shops toward the beach and along the front, one which we did most nights. Found terralta quite quiet, yet this must be due to it not being high season. Apartments were good for people with young children, as there was plenty of entertaiment, however found that there was very little adult entertainment in terralta, both during day and night. Rooms were spacious, and pools were nice and quiet - indoor pool particularly, but only heated up to april, therefore very cold! Sun terrace on roof was unfortunately closed off throughout stay.
Many people complained about the 'big hill' to get to the apartments, but I wouldn't say it was too bad, just maybe not adviseable in midday heat. A bus comes outside the terralta every 25mins past the hour, and is 1 euro per person, taking you right over to the far side of benidorm if required.
Beware however if you are visiting attractions not in 'high' season - as we found. When visiting terramitica, we waited 20mins for a bus, only to be informed that the bus was not in service that day due to terramitica being closed ..... dont assume the theme park etc is open every day in early summer. Also, when we did go to terremitica, the park shuts earlier (8pm) oppose to 10pm in high season...therefore if buying a evening ticket you get less time in the park .....and there are also less shows and less enetertainments in the park which you dont find out till you get in there.
overall, a good week tho!
Laura"

• Travel date: Sun 11th of June 2006

Terralta trecks

Good

"We visited the Terralta Apartments in Benidorm in May arriving on the 16th and returning on the 23rd .The apartments are spottless ,they have a beautful large laggon pool ,mini -market bar. The enterainment is to be honest a waste of time . My partner is in a wheelchair the apartments are great for the disabled all around the complex .The only problem is the hill outside the apartments and I mean a hill if you stuggle at all walking ,DONT and I mean DONT go there ."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of May 2006

Fab place,

"We stayed at terralta for the first time and it was really great, everything is so clean and pleasant. The apartments are very big with a full size fridge/freezer, plenty of everything you need to cook a full meal if wanted to. The staff were very polite and friendly. The maids were in every other day, nothing was too much trouble for them. Everything is on this complex so you dont have to leave it for anything really, only the sea. The hill is a bit of a climb but there are always taxis around. The entertainment is not really exciting, but the children enjoy it. The pool has a lifeguard from the time it opens till it closes, so children and adults are safe. This apartment complex is really great. We will be returning next year with a lot of friends."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of May 2006

Loved the Terralta

"We stayed here for a week in April having booked after reading the reviews on this site. We were not dissapointed. The Terralta is first class. Extremely clean. The maids were in every other day and thoroughly cleaned everything. The waiters were always cleaning round the bar and eating area. Antonio the waiter was so fastitious about cleanliness I even suggested he had Obsessive Compulsive Disorder much to his amusement. Reception staff were always very helpful and nothing was too much bother for them. The pool is fantastic and lovely and clean. There is internet connection in all the rooms and you just go to reception and give a deposit of 25 euros and they will give you a wireless keyboard. You get this back when you return it. The only negative thing I could say about the terralta is that the food is nothing fancy. It was always piping hot and very edible but it was more fast food style, i.e. burgers, chicken, toasties, hot dogs etc. and everything with chips!! The entertainment could have been better also. The hotel sits on a hill but even with our disabled daughter who uses a wheelchair we never found it to be a problem. Reception will always phone you a taxi and they are always there within minutes. The beach is a 10 minute walk away as is the old town. There's beautiful shops in the old town and needless to say I spend a fortune on lovely leather shoes. There's also a nice selection of eating places and lovely tapas bars in the old town. Would thoroughly recommend the Terra Natura theme park which is a bit like Animal Kingdom in Florida with an amazing water park where you can swim with sharks and sting rays as well as enjoy all the flumes etc. It is only about 15 minutes in the bus from the Terralta. We did this excursion through direct holidays but I am sure it would be easily done by taxi. All in all we had a fantastic time at the Terralta and we are already looking to book again for October. The cleanliness of the apartments and friendliness of all the staff is the reason we would be loathed to try anywhere else in Benidorm."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of May 2006

brilliant

Good

"i ahve just come back from the terralta after a week with my partner and i enjoyed every minute of it.entertainment was not up 2 much but still managed to have a laugh.pool was lovely and big in size.plenty of activities for the kids to do durin the day, i will warn u though that the bloke who arranged these was very very annoying.lol.food was nice on site and cheaper than i expected it to be.the hill was a nightmare though,it was bad enough for my partner who is a fit 24yr old but it was hell for me as im pregnant so towards the end of the week it was taxis.the market which is held on wednesday is not very good only little, but found out about a bigger one, not sure where it is though coz i just jumped in a taxi n asked him to take me to the big market, and boy was it big.most stalls where british run which was good coz most the spanish dont understand lol. anyway i would definately go back to the terralta again, the staff are friendly, especially the younger bar staff who were all mad as hatters."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of May 2006

Fab...

"how dare i not put an opinion in when i got it from here! The terralta apartment are brilliant. I would recommend them to anyone. Families are catered for really well. The apartment s are really big. There is a full sized fridge, all the stuff u need to make a breakfast and 3 course meal if u like. TV is sky news, however if ya pay a bit of cash u got movies and the internet in demand. The apartments are a little out the way but a cab sorts that problem out. We walked it all nights to old town, its only 15 mins...the staff on reception and the shop are brilliant and they will gove all the information on all the stuff u need. The shop is expensive but it saves dragging the stuff u bought up the hill. All the papers are available from reception for the die hard sun, mirror and mail readers.!! i Would go back again but benidorm aint for me !! But i would recommend it to anyone, ps..when u enter ur apartment block, dont let the door slam! ps the shower will knock u off ur feet!! If u want any more info...get in touch ! :)"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of April 2006

Stayed here again and again

"I am due to fly out and stay at the Terralta Apartments yet again. I say yet again as I thoroughly enjoy the experience every time. If you have been to other places in Benidorm you will KNOW that the accomodation at the Terralta is above average.

Ok so the location is in a quiet peaceful setting a little way from the hustle and bustle. Great for relaxing but near enought to get into the heart of everything Benidorm has to offer either by a short bus ride or for a couple of Euros in a taxi.

I stayed in the Terralta on the very first week it opened and the service and maintenance of the complex has improved with each visit.

Would highly recommend for all not just couples or families.

Enjoy your stay as I will be doing."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of March 2006

Excellent apartments

"We go to these apartments twice/three times a year and having been doing so for a number of years now.

Last stayed there March 2011. As we go out of season, they are quite quiet with a lot of more elderly people like ourselves. The apartments are very clean and spacious. The staff are always helpful and any requests are promptly dealt with. There is an on site shop which sells british goods, but no fruit or vegetables or fresh meat etc. There is a supermarket at the foot of the hill, although we go to the big supermarket in the old town centre which is well stocked. There is an open air market on a Wednesday morning behind the apartments which is easy to get to and it stocks massive amounts of fruit and vegetables as well as the usual market stalls. The fruit and veg are really cheap and good quality.

The indoor pool is heated from November till the end of April but the outdoor pool is not heated and tends to be very cold. Might be warmer in the height of summer but as we don't go during that time, I am not sure about that. Did go into the outdoor pool when we were there in October last year but I found it very cold. There are always plenty of sunloungers and you can get lounger mats for a small charge. Most people sunbathe around the main pool but we like the area beside the indoor pool as it is quieter and is beside a grassy area with a couple of trees which you can sit under if it is too warm. The main pool has an area with large sun canopies which can be used in the height of the season.

As we self cater we don't use the restaurant except on occasion for some carry-out chips. We have on occasion watched football matches and the bar staff are really good if you ask to see a specific game.

The rooms have TVs and you can pay a charge (depending on how long you wish to have them) for british channels, for example BBC and ITV. It's cheaper to pay for extra channels for your whole stay, rather than pay by the day. The rooms are kept clean and the maid comes three times a week, although the bed linen is only changed once a week. I believe there is also (for a charge) Wifi access. If you need clean towels and they are not due to be changed you can ask one of the maids or at reception and they will give you clean towels. Same with pillows. I find the beds (because of my arthritis) very hard and I have to line the bed with pillows and I have no problem getting a supply from the maids.

There is a rooftop area where you can sunbathe November - April - adults only though. We have used it a few times but it was closed last time we tried to use it as there had been exceptionally heavy rain which had soaked the flooring which is covered in a sort of baize material - like a pool table.

The apartments are three floors high. There are four blocks. Some apartments face the pool and some face the back where there are privately owned villas. We prefer pool facing. I believe there are apartments specially adapted for disabled customers with walk in showers etc. These are on the ground floor. The pool facing ones on the ground floor are fine but I would not like to be placed in the back facing ones as they look onto a wall and in my opinion could be quite dull.

The apartments are very well equipped with plenty of cutlery, crockery, table cloths, table mats etc. There are 3 pots of varying sizes and two frying pans. The cooker has four halogen rings which is good if you do a lot of cooking, as we do. There is also a large fridge freezer with a good sized freezer compartment, unlike some of the apartments we have been to in the past. There is a microwave with built in grill and a toaster and kettle. The bathroom has bath with shower attachment, toilet, bidet and wash-hand basin. There is a hairdryer on the wall beside the basin.

The reception is manned 24 hrs a day and any requests/faults are dealt with promptly. There is Internet access in the reception area and around 5 computers for use This is at an additional charge but as I have not used them I don't know what the charge is. There is also a large weighing machine in reception which is useful for weighing your case before leaving for the airport. There is a launderette which we haven't used, so can't comment on that. There is a gym and you can pay extra to use it. Also on the ground floor at the reception there is a games area which is used quite a lot by children. There is parking for a few cars outside the complex, and I believe there is an additional underground parking area, but I noted on one of the reviews there is a charge for this. I have noticed some people parking outside on the road which is a dead-end with some private houses on either side, so seems to be fine to park there.

Now to the point about the location. Yes, it is at the top of a couple of fairly long steep hills. I have read numerous reviews where clients have said that they found it a problem. Can I just say that I am 65 years of age and suffer from arthritis and can manage up and down the hill, usually carrying some shopping. However, at the height of the summer I think it could be tiring for some people. If you find the hill a problem, as I imagine it would be with someone with more severe health problems or with young children, there is a bus (No.8) which stops outside the apartments and goes into the old town every hour. Alternatively you can walk to the junction at the bottom of the road and catch a number 12 bus which takes you into the new town (Levante). A lot of people appear to use taxis, particularly if going out late at night as the buses don't run very late at night. The buses cost around 1.30 euro each way. The walk down to the old town takes about 20 minutes. You can then walk along the front to the new town which would take us another 30 minutes or so.

There is nightly entertainment in the complex but we haven't used this, so can't comment.

We would highly recommend these apartments for people of our age group out of season, but I believe they are a lot busier in peak season which would suit the younger clientele.

We wouldn't go anywhere else now. The staff now know us and we are always given a warm welcome.

• Travel date: Sun 12th of June 2011

great holiday

"I have just had a week in terralta apartments with my
2 brothers and we all agreed it was a brilliant place
to stay. The staff were very polite and very helpful.
which made our holiday a real pleasure.we have been
to benidorm 15 times and this is the best hotel that
we have stayed in by a long shot.i would recommend it to
anyone.we look forward to staying there again."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of October 2010

Hotels near Terralta Apartamentos Turisticos

Stayed at Terralta Apartamentos Turisticos? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Terralta Apartamentos Turisticos

• satisfied return customers by satisfied return customers

"If there is any aspect of your accommodation you are not happy with, reception staff very helpful. "

• rayblakeyifs by rayblakeyifs

"Terra Natura was a good day out and the water falls are a must. "

• shredder by shredder

"Greek restaurant on altea sea front/the boat trip to beni, island "

• Paul East Yorks by Paul East Yorks

"Book an hotel in the new part not the old town area. "

• peterudd by peterudd

"very friendly people at benidorm but not at terralta lovely holiday destinaton "

• peterudd by peterudd

"benidorm itself was a nice place had to leave room every day as no sun light due to brick wall "

• Z Enefer by Z Enefer

"Its Blackpool but hotter! "

• Z Enefer by Z Enefer

"Dont forget to see Sticky Vicky! "

• gillndids by gillndids

"BENIDORM AINT JUST FOR THE YOUNGENS... "

• gillndids by gillndids

"MAGPIES REST N JARROW LAD GREAT FOOD N BEER "

• sunseeker111 by sunseeker111

"Quite alot of bars closed due to the recession. "

Terralta Apartamentos Turisticos is also called