Sol Pelicanos Ocas by Melia

C/ Gerona 45, 03503 Benidorm Spain

Brill Pool!

"Sol Pelicanos/ocas was a brilliant hotel and staff were very, very friendly. i would only give it 3 star because of the lack of activity in daytime. the pool was the best ever , it was very big with lovely fountains but you did get a bit sick off it. At night it is good to go to the Bar named STEPTOES about 50 feet off from the hotel, this bar has funny comedy and great for drinks, very cheap! Also at night the hotel was lit up and it was lovley. Good entertainment for children, with a playpark and a mini club. You can get the local papers from the handy gift shop next to the table tennis. Also the flight was fairly short and the room was brill and cool from the roasting hot sun!
all toghether the holiday was very good, but i would go to Benidorm again, but not to this hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of January 2005

Class Hotel

Good

"I and my wife have been staying at the hotel for many years in fact from when it was first opened, it just gets better every time we go. Since the refurbishment its star rating should have been improved, the food is some of the best we have had and having stayed in all the major hotels in benidorm I think we can make a fair assumption. My family is grown up now but, For familys this has to be the best complex in the whole of Benidorm with kiddy clubs and entertainment and most of all dedicated staff to watch over them. This hotel has a reputation for been friendly,clean helpfull staff,exellent food,fair entertainment,dissabilty friendly,and a marvelous location.
This year we are taking a party of 20 to this hotel knowing it can cater for everybody and no we are not of old gimmers we all enjoy good facilitys and a good party. So don't delay book today."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of January 2005

Great Hotel

"I have stayed here a few times and I really like it. I love the pool and found that I don't venture to the beach that much. I first stayed here back in 1995 and the changes and differences they have made since then are fantastic. There seems to be a lot of complaint about the food, I myself am veggie and found something to eat every time. I did get a little bit bored of the food but I would just put it down to me being a very fussy eater and veggie. The hotel carn't please eveyone, I personally think there is enough choice for all. The location is fantastic with bars around and about. I am only 24 and would say the hotel is geared to family's and the older folk, however it does not put me off as we just steped out of the hotel and were within seconds of bars and entertainment for our age. I love this hotel as a whole and will return again. I think the hotel deserves more than a 3* as stayed in the 4* "Bali" (The tallest one in Benidorm) and thought it was very poor.
I have been coming to Benidorm since a small child on family holidays, then teenage girly holidays and now romantic holidays with my boyfriend and have loved all my holiday's to Benidorm. People say Benidorm is like "Blackpool in the sun" yes in a way it is but there is a lot more to Benidorm than that. These people have probably never ventured from the arcades and english bars, maybe they should try Valencia, Waterfalls, Altea, Waterparks, Calpe, Markets as these are great days out and Benidorm is a great base for them. Ps I hate blackpool with a passion but love Benidorm x"

• Travel date: Thu 18th of November 2004

food for thought

Good

"enjoyed my stay in the ocas room clean pool area superb bar staff freindly entertainment not to bad either.oh its such a pitywe had too use the dinning area.a bit like groundhog day basically the same menu every day with the twist that they put it in various positions.food tempreture left a lot to be desired.staff looked browned off too,not very cheery. but still liked this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of November 2004

Excellent!!!

"Having stayed in the Pelicanos 16 times over the past 7 years i have to dis-agree with the post above regarding almost every statement made about the Sol Pelicanos/Ocas! If you didnt think the choice of food etc was good then i challenge you to spend a week in a guest house in Blackpool where you get what your given!! Not a choice of over 10-15 different foods every night! The rooms have always been cleaned to a high standard with replacement towels everyday! (You have a phone to ask reception dont u?) I think having stayed in the hotel 16 times we would have come across the problem you have reported!

The hotel has a huge lagoon swimming pool with 2 bars! wat more can one want on a hot mediterrean day! Close to the beach and 100yrds from the main bar area! Heaven! One to recommend!"

• Travel date: Tue 9th of November 2004

mixed report

"Beware of room 1034. If you get allocated this room on arrival check for a rotten smell. We were given this room when we stayed fro 9/10/04 to 16/10/04. What a rotten smell, it came from air conditioning unit. It took 4 days before they agreed to move us, as we were only staying a week it totally spoilt holiday. As for entertainment in hotel we are still looking. despite it being half term there was no kids club on and the adult entertainment was very poor or non existant.
The good points, well no complaints over food it was varied and lots of it. The pool was very good also. And the room we eventually got was good too.
So be warned about room 1034"

• Travel date: Sun 24th of October 2004

Excellent hotel!!

"The Sol Pelicanos/Ocas hotel is amazing, the best hotel in Benidorm. Went with a mate and had the best holiday ever! There's no hotel that could beat this 1...the hotel was very clean, food was lovely and also a lot of food to choose from, rooms cleaned every day and also very spacious. The swimming pools r great, 5 of them and the big one is amazing with a swim up bar and a jacuzzi...there's nothing better than that! There is also some entertainment at this hotel but if this doesn't suit you there is alot of other places to go to...don't worry! This hotel is in the centre of everything...close to the beach, close to many pubs and restaurants and also a 5 mintue walk to the famous 'square'- excellent 4 all the clubbers out there! I would recommend this hotel 2 anyone and i am certainly going back next yr with no hesitation....it's excellent!"

• Travel date: Sun 24th of October 2004

shame about the neighbours

"clean hotel with helpful staff. Food was your average hotel but was okay. Shame they didnt put in some sound proofing when they built it but we didnt have any problems being moved when asked."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of October 2004

Fantastic Swimming Pool

"Me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel between 11/09/04 - 25/09/04. We thought it was very clean and pleasent, the rooms were cleaned every day, the cleaners were very helpful.
The food was ok but you do get bored of it so we went out to eat a lot of the time. The waiters were sometimes quite rude and it was quite hard to find a table, as they take there time to clean up.
Apart from that we loved the swimming pools, they were lovely the main one was very large with a swim up bar, jacuzzis and water falls in them, the best we have ever seen! Our friends stopped at another hotel but always came round our pool.
Overall not to bad and we would go back!"

• Travel date: Tue 28th of September 2004

Fantastic

"Me and my boyfriend stayed in the Sol Pelicanos between the 4th and 18th September and i have to say it was the best holiday ever!

All these people who are complaining about the hotel need there head testing. Me and my friends thought the food was excellent plenty of choice everyday for breakfast and the evening meal. To be fair towards the middle weekend we did get fed up of seeing Veal on the menu but it wasnt a problem as there was always something else to have. The dining room held 600+ and we never found it hard to find somewhere to sit. The waiters were also quick at clearing the table.

We were lucky in getting a low floor and did hear people complaining about getting high floors but when we arrived we actually got asked what room we wanted and the staff showed us the list proving that if you are polite you get respected better. We had one of the smaller rooms in the hotel being right on the end but we had no complaints about it. It was cleaned throughly every day.

The pool is amazing although very cold and you have to watch the last step as it is steep especially when you arent expecting it. You arent allowed inflatables in the pool and the lifeguards are quite strict on this but we did get away with a small ball.

All the staff were friendly especially the bar staff and the cleaners.

All in all i would definately advise anyone to book this hotel if you are staying in Benidorm and will definately be visiting it again!"

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of September 2004

People compaining

"We have stayed at Hotel Sol Pelicanos Ocas for sixteen years. Each time on our return the staff are very friendly and helpful.
The food is great the entertainment is always good.
We always stay half board and cannot fault it.
Reading some reviews one would think that people are talking about another hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of September 2016

Disappointing

"Me and my 2 friends booked a stay at the Sol Pelicanos in May just gone. As we arrived at reception the staff were miserable and unfriendly. After we paid for our room the staff ordered us to pay 50 euros each to cover any possible damages which could happen to the room while we were here. It is on a money return basis if you haven't made any damage. I don't think this is a bad idea because of the trouble that happens down in Benidorm but I think that this is a lot of money to ask for to cover
costs.

Once we paid and everything the staff said that we had to wait until 2PM to be able to access our room when 12 o'clock check in was stated on the website. So we had to wait 2 hours for that. Moving on..
Once we arrived in our room we automatically knew that the room wasn't as expected. The size, the flooring, the bathroom just the decorating in general was poor. But the balcony pool view was top notch.

The positive was that the balcony pool view was top notch and the WiFi could be used on more then one device.

Their was air con in the room but no suppose it wasn't working properly and was very loud.

Lastly, my opinion on inclusive drinks and food within the hotel. The food was nice in the buffet but think they need to change the selection of food on some days. The drinks were alright as long as you didn't have their cheap vodka. Also there variety of drinks on the inclusive menu was pathetic.

As you can probably tell it wasn't my cup of tea and I shall never Return back to that place.

• Travel date: Wed 1st of June 2016

Hotels near Sol Pelicanos Ocas by Melia

Stayed at Sol Pelicanos Ocas by Melia? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sol Pelicanos Ocas by Melia

• jayne299 by jayne299

"Its nice i would go again plently of nightlife perfect for a hen party "

• jayne299 by jayne299

"the beach was lovely "

• young_bessie by young_bessie

"Lively, in your face resort but bloody expensive! "

• young_bessie by young_bessie

"Aqualandia is a must,the best waterpark eva! "

• FionaP by FionaP

"Excellent for families. "

• FionaP by FionaP

"Full board family holiday so not really applicable "

• ctpulley by ctpulley

"Not so lively at this time of year. "

• Miffy by Miffy

"Benidorm has something for everyone "

• magpiemum by magpiemum

"Loved Benidorm - shame about this hotel "

• erbert by erbert

"its ok but the hotel is expensive "

• shezzy123 by shezzy123

"great fun place to see "

• tozzy by tozzy

"ocas good hotel great location "

• Lynne A by Lynne A

"stay somewhere else and just call into sol pelicanos to use the pool....can buy drinks and snacks at pool bar. everyone welcome, don.'t have to stay there to take advantage of the pool. "

• Julie C by Julie C

"if more than one couple makesure you make it known u want the same hotel "

• Sandra F by Sandra F

"have cctv 2 identify theives and troublesome guests "

• landmark1965 by landmark1965

"Relax and enjoy - go with the flow "

• Angel V by Angel V

"instant dismissal of ben perry rep at sol pelicanos "

Sol Pelicanos Ocas by Melia is also called