Servigroup Calypso

Avenida Derramador 4, 03503 Benidorm Spain

Very Classy Hotel

"This hotel is first class - not really for children - there was a mixed age range. The hotel has just completed a full re-furbishment . The rooms have flat screen TV they, are small but nicely furbished and clean. THE FOOD is excelent fresh fish cooked in front of you every day, a buffet choice with so much variety - even CHAMPAGNE - included for breakfast. how anyone could find fault with this hotel they must have been used to the RITZ"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of June 2008

Interesting

Good

"I have just returned from 5 days in the Calypso hotel. This hotel is very nice for the outside and when you go in you are not disappointed. The room was clean and tidy with a balcony and separate bathroom which was rather small.
The hotel caters very well for older travellers. This is most of the guests. There is entertainment on every night in the hotel. The few times that we were in the hotel the entertainment was ballroom dancing and a magician
The food is ok. A buffet style although not a lot of choice. Some of the food is bland. The deserts are really nice though a lot more choice with those...even just opting for this instead of a main meal!!!
There was some reconstruction going on in the hotel although as we were on the 8th floor (room 810) we did not notice this and you could not hear it from the pool area.
The pool was nice and clean although was a little cold!!! We had no problems getting a sun lounger either no matter when we went to the pool!
We hotel is really nice and I would come back here again."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of May 2008

One of the youngest there........

Good

"My husband and I have just returned from a weeks stay at the Calypso. At 53 and 55 we were one of the youngest couples there. The evening meals were a much of a much. If you like fish chicken and pasta you will be o.k. Evening meal was served 7-8.45 but if we arrived in the restaurant after 8.15 we found the kitchen staff taking some of the food away. If you like ballroom dancing, or spanish magicians for evening entertainment then this hotel is for you. A few of the locals appeared to enjoy coming to the hotel every night for the dancing. The hotel is right on the doorstep of all the bars and clubs so we went out every night.
Music played around the pool drove us to distraction, some of the music played sounded like drowning cats. The rooms and the rest of the hotel were spotless but we did have to encounter painters and builders still working on parts of the hotel whilst we were there. Staff are friendly and helpfull. Lots of sunbeds around the pool. Dont think we would return again. Prefer somewhere with a little more life."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of May 2008

Great hotel! food brilliant.

"Me and my boyfriend stayed in the Calypso last August and I have to say I couldnt really fault it. The food was absolutely brilliant, more 4-star than 3-star and there was a good selection every night. My boyfriend is very picky about his food and we chose the calypso due to the good reviews in this area - needless to say we werent disappointed! The rooms were very clean, there was excellent maid service every day with clean towels. I'd have to agree though with an earlier comment about the air conditioning - we stayed in the annexe building and when you walked through the door to this section you were hit by a blast of heat, obviously this part isnt decked out with the cool fans that the main part of hotel has. The air conditoning in the room was pretty noisy and didnt seem to do much, but we just opened the balcony door a crack at night and it was fine. Entertainment wasnt really up to much, but a lot of people enjoyed it - and to be honest, you're right in the hub of benidorm so night time entertainment isnt far if you want it. Overall a great hotel, especially for the price!"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of February 2008

crapso

"first ever holiday to benidorm with my wife 2 children and parents, on arrival very good checking in service from reception, lift service a problem 3 available but when meal times very busy, quicker to walk, room was ok, apart from air conditioning as it was very noisy and i dont believe contrary to what the hotel told us that it was working correctly as i soon developed a very bad chest infection and my bed was right above the unit and it continually dripped water. sunbeds!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a joke hoards of people waiting from 7 A.M then when the cleaners opened the doors mass frenzy to obtain one, hotel states no reserving of sunbeds, towels will be removed [-] , alot not used all day, unfair to others, pool area not the cleanest, daily entertainment poor , evening entertainment virtually non existent, difficult to entertain 2 young children, food ok, bit repetative, no hot choice for kids not even chips on several evenings, dining room dress code a joke "men must wear a shirt" women can wear what they like including a bikini, i dont mind bikinis (like most men) but c'mon women of all shapes and sizes in dining room parading round wearing them but men must wear a shirt? when i contacted hotel managment regarding this issue told "all benidorm hotels have same policy due to tatoo's " what about fat, out of shape tattooed women! no comment from hotel managment regarding that, fortunately my kids made a few friends and as long as they were happyish my wife and i made do, not a snob just a hard working family man that paid good money for this holiday and perhaps i expected a little more"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of January 2008

loved every aspect of the hotel, great location great hotel.

"Yvonne and Alan - Pontypridd

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Calypso in Benidorm from 13 - 20 October this year. I have to say we were pleasantly surprised at the hotel and found every aspect of it to be excellent. The rooms were adequate. We were allocated a room in the annexe which was fine as it was nice and quiet there. We had a lovely terrace with table and chairs. The rooms were cleaned every day with a change of towels as well. The overall appearance of the hotel was lovely and always clean. The We had no complaints at all about the food it was excellent with plenty of variety and choice. The choice of cakes was brilliant. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable holiday and I would have no hesitation in going back to this hotel. In fact we had no complaints about any aspect of the hotel. Had a great holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of November 2007

good holiday at the calypso

Good

"My husband and I and two friends all in our forties stayed in this lovely hotel from 13th - 20th october and had a good time. It is in an ideal location for everything. We were allocated rooms on the top floor [11] and had a great view of the beach between other hotel as we were two streets back from the front
The hotel was very nice, a lovely entrance, nice bar area which was always busy, though I must say the majority of people were elderley, we went out every night to see various entertainment.
The rooms were a little dated but very clean, the towels were changed every day and the bedding twice in the week which I think is fine.
The food was very very good and we ate there every day full board, it was hot and plentiful and there was a good choice
The pool area was also of a good size with plenty of sunbeds and tables and chairs, we never had a problem getting a sunbed no matter what time we went.
The staff were really nice and very helpful and friendly all in all a good holiday."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of October 2007

disappointing

"I was loking forward to our stay at the calypso but was sadly disappointed.The rooms we were allocated were in the annexe.This was lovely and quite with a view across the pool area.Our room was tiny in comparison to the rest of the hotel rooms and found we had to move furniture around just so we could get the suitcases into the room,The air conditioning unit was useless,we could leave it on allday and the room was no cooler it just seemed to make a lot of neccessary noise.It was fiited into the door that lead on to the balcony.The unit had approx inch gap either side and was held in place by a cigarette box being wedged underneath it.The rooms and hotel were clean.During our weeks stay the lift broke down many times sometimes several times a day and we met a nmber of people with walking difficulties who could not get up or down from their rooms on the higher floors.The restaurant offered a limited choice of food which usualy was cold.We only ate our evening meals for three nights and then had too eat out the rest of the week.Rabbit and snail stew is not to most peoples tastes either.I am not a fussy eater but will not return to this hotel unless their is a drastic improvement."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of October 2007

Fantastic hotel - great food - good location

"I stayed at the Calypso with my husband, daughter, mum, dad and sister. We had a fantastic holiday and by the end of the holiday we could hardly move for all the cakes we had eaten. The rooms are lovely - they may be a little basic but they are clean and they are just what you need when you have been on a mass shopping spree. The food at the hotel was fantastic - i dont understand how some English people have complained. For example. one night this is what was avaliable:-
Soup
salad
fish bar (prawns, caviar, salmon etc)
lamb dinner
pizza
spaghetti
Chips
Cakes
Ice cream
Fruit
Bread and butter pudding
All staff are very friendly and helpful.
The pool - the water is lovely - the only thing i can say is that the sides of the pool are a little high so you have to get out using the steps but this is a very small complaint.
WE HAD A GREAT HOLIDAY AND WOULD RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of September 2007

central location

"We have just come back from the hotel calypso and have had no complaints at all. The food was very good, lots to choose from, whether it was a fry up for breakfast, fruit or cereal. Lunch consists of salad, fish, meat, chips, pasta etc. And the evening there was always a specials table, one night it was sea food so king prawns, mussels. Some other nights it was chinease. As well as the usual food counters aswell. There is an ice cream machine there for the children.
The rooms were cleaned every day, and the hotel very clean. The pool area was clean but the pool is fairly small. You can always find a sunbed no matter what time of day.
The entertainmant i think lets this hotel down for famillies, every night is ball room dancing so is very much catered for old people. We went out every night to the local bars opposite. One thing to watch for in benidorm is that there are quite a few con people around, either trying to sell you timeshares or getting you to have your picture took with them, and you never recieving the picture. Benidorm is more expensive than what i thought, drinks are the same price as the UK. Cocktails about 8 euros, spirits with a mixer about 6 euros, and a pint about 3.20 euros.
The holiday overall was very good and great value for money, i would go back again."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of September 2007

Terrible

"We were told we would get tickets for Benidorm Palace when we booked. When we arrived for our one night stay we were told the offer had changed since we booked and couldn't have the tickets. The food was mediocre. The room was filthy, I stood on three pieces of broken crockery on the floor which was filthy. I was offered a late check out and free lunch as compensation, which I refused as I didn't want to spend a moment longer there!"

• Travel date: Fri 10th of June 2016

fabulous stay....lovely food.

Good

"just got back after our 10 day holiday..just wished we had asked for a lower floor as we were on the 11th floor and although very little noise heard from the bars,the waiting for lifts was frustrating.(and got stuck in it the first day,so after this i took to the stairs. Enrique and staff very nice and welcoming.Couple of reception staff very ignorant..but you will pick these out after a while and just give them back what they give you..ha..but would definitely return to calypso,loved it."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of October 2011

Hotels near Servigroup Calypso

Stayed at Servigroup Calypso? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Servigroup Calypso

• kermit by kermit

"check out there reception staff,not a very hearty welcome "

Servigroup Calypso is also called