Good

Good selection of food , there needed to be to find some cooked properly

Reviewed Tue 30th of June 2015

"The hotel was nice . Staff were friendly room was cleaned every day . It's high on a hill it's a good steep walk back there is a shuttle service but can be random . The tenth floor is away from noise , lower down you will get not only the bar noise but also the air condition units are perched above the bar roof so the first 4 floors will have the drone from them all night . We were half board free Water and coffee in the morning and some dodgy orange , evening meal had good selection unfortunately a lot was not cooked properly , annoyingly water had to be purchased 1:70 for a very small bottle . I asked the manager why it was free in the morning and he was very confrontational and very in my face , funny as the hotel is popular with UK travelers ( not the back packers the other type ) they put him in his place . "

• Travel date: Wed 10th of June 2015

please dont go there

Reviewed Mon 30th of June 2014

"Worst hotel ever stayed in 4 star is a joke more like 2 star, no entertainment for adults, rooms so small and basic, location up 3 big hills poor food, some bar staff, rude we were all inclusive ate out most the time went out at night as nothing on in hotel, spent a fortune couldn't stay there its a dump, good points pool ok reception area nice and that's it, dont go there."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of June 2014

Don't go there

Reviewed Sat 29th of December 2012

"We went with over 300 other mainly retired people for four nights over Xmas and for us it was a nightmare. If we had come by car we would have left a day early, but we used a local bus company. With no prompting by us, people kept telling us that they had been coming to the hotel for years, but would not be returning in future. Criticisms ranged from the boring food, to dirty narrow corridors, to the en suite bathroom toilets that were partially inaccessible owing to overhanging marble shelves, and to jerky lifts that seemed to be dangerous, but others seemed to like it come what may.
Our gala dinner on Xmas day started with a dry, tightly packed lettuce that had been cut into individual quarters and covered with a slice of smoked salmon. There was no dressing on it, and virtually everyone on our table of twelve returned their portions untouched; the same was happening on other tables around us. This was followed by thin slices of beef and ham and a sprinkling of fancifully described but tasteless dressing. Then we were given postage-stamp sized stuffed red peppers, and I was beginning to count the courses and rating them as universally dreadful. The next course was called "Xmas soup with croutons of ham and wafers of almonds", and I swear it came out of a package. Persevere with me please.
Next they served us a medley of fish in a cocktail sauce in a small tart, and four unpeeled prawns on the side of the plate. The sauce could easily have come out of a bottle, and I had to pop out to the toilet to wash my hands after peeling the prawns. In my view, the lot had come from a local supermarket, including the small tarts. Oh, and the bread rolls were never fresh, and they had the cheek to serves us their cheap and nasty house wine that was only fit for use in cooking. Hardly pushing out the boat, were they? When the turkey came it was accompanied by handfuls of peas and (tinned or frozen?) carrots and ONE sprout per plate with two regulation size roast(?) potatoes. Like many others, I left most of mine, and told the waiters that the food was revolting. I went to leave the room, with my wife.
By this time the general manager had come into the dining room and I repeated my criticism to him. He shouted at me loud and long, his head a few inches from mine and his spit going on my face and clothes. I thought he was going to head butt me, and my wife (who had just been released from hospital after a lung operation) was crying and trying to keep us apart. He was not interested in me as a guest, refused to listen to me, and was out of control.
Shame on the hotel directors that put this vain peacock in charge. Shame on the chef who prepared this insulting menu.

• Travel date: Wed 26th of December 2012

hotel from hell

Reviewed Tue 3rd of July 2012

"myself, my partner and our 3 year old stayed here for 10 nights it was a nightmare.There was no english entertainment, the bar staff were very rude and couldnt understand us. There was an insident where someone had decided to do a poo on the middle of the childs slide, when myself and other holiday makers went to the reception to tell them they looked at us as though we were daft! then decided to clean this with a dust pan and brush YES a dust pan and brush no cleaning products. We the holiday makers had to corner the play area off aswell as the staff had no common sence! my child and many other children were shot at with bb guns and stones thrown at them from the spanish children living in the appartments behind the hotel(my child is 3), the spanish children were getting in and being abusive as the gate wasnt locked. The police were informed. This holiday was meant to be all inclusive and we spent a fortune staying out of it most of the time as my little one was terrified. I would 100% NOT reccomend this hotel, no way should this be a 4*. Wot a nightmare. YOU SAVE AND WORK HARD ALL YEAR FOR THAT ITS NOT ON!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of July 2012

Only go in Summer.

Reviewed Mon 31st of October 2011

"This hotel has nothing going on at all. boring, if you have children i would avoid this hotel after the six week holidays as it is dominated by the french & spanish along with the elderly. food pathetic, larger, vodka and other spirits are terrible. Best thing to do is avoid all inclusive. Also the life guard was more interested in girls, his phone and food than the poole"

• Travel date: Fri 28th of October 2011

Not as well as advertised

Reviewed Tue 16th of August 2011

"Just got back from the Palm Beach, Benidorm. Overall i wasnt satisfied with the holiday against the cost. I stayed there for 2 weeks all inclusive, which again was a bit of a con. Its advertised saying there are snacks bars and unlimited drinks until midnight, both of which proved to be untrue. No pool side snack bars and the 'free, already paid for drinks' ceased to exist after 11pm, very poor. The staff were unhelpful and ignorant towards the English.
Good points:
The location is ideal for those wanting a quite location and a bit away from all the noisy nightlife, however, it does come at a cost as its positioned on a steep hill and you should bare this in mind when booking.Rooms are very clean and basic.Free unlimited access to Aqualandia, Mundomar and Terramitikka which saves alot of money.
Bad points:
Location for those who struggle walking up hills.
Its never a 4 star hotel as advertised, i'd give it a 3 max and thats pushing it.
No full benefits of All Inclusive as i have had with other holidays, the whole point being that once there you should be fully self sufficient, but we had to wait for food as there where no snack bars etc, no easy with children.
Entertainment was fantastic for 5 year olds, which consisted of a disco (with the same songs) for about an hour and half.
Food was poor, no creativity, repetative, unless you like Goulash which was on the menu 10 days out of 14.
No kids club as such and adults in the evenings resorted to playing cards as there was very little to do."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of August 2011

stag and hen groups big pboblem at this hotel

Reviewed Wed 4th of May 2011

"dont go to this hotel there were stag and hen groups and they were a big problem drunk and trouble all over hotel "

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of May 2011

Palm Beach Hotel

Reviewed Tue 8th of March 2011

"We had a short break at this hotel, it is about an hour on shuttle bus from the airport one of the last that we stopped at. Beautiful surroundings clean rooms, public areas and pools. Food is wonderful although not sure why chicken nuggets are on for breakfast! Waiting & bar staff are wonderful nothing is too much trouble and language skills are good in this hotel. Not much entertainment mind and out of season no kids club or entertainment just one evening show a night at 1045 pm. Rooms are lovely and clean and cleaners come round every day to tidy rooms/ bedding etc. We had a reaction to whatever the bedding was washed in myself and my son, although we do have sensitive skin. The one mjor issue we had were the Reception staff there were two people that were unapproachable and least to say helpful.
You can get free bus tickets to levante beach no 32 (but it is only a few minutes walk anyway) and also another bus to the centre of benidorm no 11. We walked to Mundomar it is about a 20 minute walk from the hotel and is up hill on the way there but apparently the bus 11 does go up there but it is only 1 an hour. Mundomar well worth a visit and you can buy tickets at the hotel for 50% off."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of March 2011

Lovely Hotel

Reviewed Thu 8th of October 2009

"My friends and I stayed at the Palm Beach hotel in April for the Benidorm Darts Open. The hotel is kept very clean and easy to negotiate. The staff were very polite and helpful. There are only 3 lifts but I never had to wait too long for one, my room was on the 9th floor. The bedrooms are perfect size for two people to comfortably stay in with a nice sized balcony. I stayed on the 9th floor and had an awesome view. The bathroom had a massive bath in which was a surprise as I thought there was only a shower. The food was lovely, plenty of choice for both breakfast and evening meal. The hotel provided us with a breakfast box on our last day as we were leaving before the restaurant opened which I thought was a lovely touch. My friends and I will be returning next year :-)"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of October 2009

Couldn't have been better

Reviewed Wed 22nd of April 2009

"Just got back from a long weekend at Palm Beach and the hotel is fantastic. Everything was absolutely spot on with the rooms cleaned daily including the change of sheets and towels every day.

I expected the food to be average with it being buffet style, not the case at all. The food was great with plenty of variations andd everything was very fresh and cooked well. Lovely breakfast as well, even better considering they serve until 11, bob on after a tough nights drinking the night before.

The pool was also good with no problems getting loungers. Would most definately go again!"

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of April 2009

Great hotel

Reviewed Sun 8th of March 2009

"Stayed here for 4 nights as a last minute booking to find some sun.

Firstly a warning to anyone who doesn't like hills - this hotel is at the top of a steep one. Don't be fooled by the name - it's nowhere near the beach. However, they do provide free tickets for the local bus to get you into the resort if you don't want to walk. If you do choose to walk, watch your step as the nearby streets are used as a loo by the local canines and felines.

The hotel is located in a quiet, mainly residential area, about 10 minutes walk from the Levante promenade. An attractive building compared with many in Benidorm, the reception area is stunning, rooms are tastefully decorated and in good order, dining area and bar are also tastefully decorated. All rooms face the front of the hotel, with rather narrow corridors running in a curve around the back of the hotel.

Food - there is a good choice of food at breakfast and dinner to suit most tastes, some of the best hotel buffet food I have had. They thoughtfully provide a microwave in the evening if you wish to reheat your meal. They will provide a picnic if you are leaving early but ours was a selection of prepacked pastries and a few pieces of fruit, nothing savory.

There are indoor and outdoor pool facilities. Outdoor pool is a bit small but space is at a premium in this resort.

All staff are friendly and helpful.

The hotel seems in general aimed at the Spanish market, eg evening entertainment doesn't start until 10.45 pm but this is Spain after all! However, all nationalities are made to feel welcome.

The hotel has a general air of sophistication. Unfortunately on our last night there was an drunken idiot (nationality unknown) who caused chaos at 2.30 am. I just hope he had the mother of all hangovers! Not the hotel's fault of course.

Overall, a great hotel and I'd recommend it to anyone. The only thing minus point is the lack of in-room safe facilities which is a bit inconvenient."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of March 2009

watch your personal possessions

Reviewed Fri 23rd of January 2009

"hotel very nice. food good. had clothes stolen from the room and suitcase stolen from luggage room on last day. others had money stolen from room...."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of January 2009

Hotels near Palm Beach Hotel

Top traveller tips for Palm Beach Hotel

• linza by linza

"I had a preconception that Benidorm is grim but was pleasantly surprised. "

• linza by linza

"Mundomar is worth a look, and only a 15 minute walk from the Palm Beach. "

• mummy2006 by mummy2006

"not any kid entertainment or much entertainment at all only one show at 1045 pm "

• scragg63 by scragg63

"Walk into the town for meals and entertainment, amazing eateries and entertainment clubs and pubs. "

• Sarah J by Sarah J

"dont stay in the hotel "

• bjeaston123 by bjeaston123

"go to a local bar for normal prices "

• Gillian M by Gillian M

"get out and about, as feels like prison "

• Constantine by Constantine

"Don't eat there , either be fit to make the climb home or taxi "

Palm Beach Hotel is also called