About MedPlaya Hotel Rio Park

• spanish amenities
  • billiards

brilliant

Reviewed Thu 18th of February 2016

"I will be going back staff were lovely I had my 50th birthday they gave me a bottle of wine and john at the bar in the restaurant gave me a bottle of champagne and every 1 sang happy birthday the maid was lovely cleaned room every day the food was lovely the price was good as well very clean I stayed on the 6th floor the weather was brill market down the road xx."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of February 2016

fantastic stay

Reviewed Mon 4th of August 2014

"We recently stayed at the rio park for a weeks holiday.we had a fantastic time.the hotel was even better than i expected after reading reviews about it.our room was spotless,cleaned everyday,towels changed everyday,and our bedding was even changed during our weeks stay.there is a great choice of food,although,i will say they could do with a better choice for children.large area round the pool,but could do with sun parasols that you can move about,as well as the ones they have got fixed to the floor.they have a new stage and outside entertainment area by the pool at night,which is great.the entertainment team are fantastic.they work extremely hard.the shows they put on at night are just brilliant.we loved every one they did,cant praise them enough.we had a brilliant holiday at the Rio park,and cant wait to go back."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of August 2014

so glad we were told about this hotel

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"we have just got back from the rio park ,we stayed for 11 days in december 2012, it was our 3rd visit and i cannot see us going anywhere else its so nice , food , rooms, entertainment, staff,you cannot go wrong booking a holiday there. thanks to everybody at the rio park hotel for giving us such a lovely holiday, from ray and irene ,from normanton."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of December 2012

brill hotel would definitely go back

Reviewed Wed 18th of July 2012

"our third stay in the rio park and it didn't disappoint - plenty of space around the pool and beds - one of the warmest pool we have every experienced on holiday - although we were on the 10th floor we didn't experience any real problems getting a lift - lots of choice for food no queueing for toast in a morning all done for you!! we have even paid to eat in here in the past when we did a self catering holiday - all in all no problems/moans at all love it and would definitely book to go there again

in ideal location just be sensible walking up and down the 'yellow brick road' at certain times of day! BB's cafe not far from Rio brill and very very cheap - "

• Travel date: Wed 18th of July 2012

The only good thing about this hitel is the food.

Reviewed Mon 12th of December 2011

"Just returned home from a ten day stay at the Rio Park and I must say it has to be the worst holiday ever. I have stayed in many hotels and I travel abroad several times a year, however, this is the first time I have felt the need to write a review, I have always taken them "with a pinch of salt" but please believe what I am telling you. Firstly I will tell you the only bit that was good, the food, I do think for a 2 star it was excellent, however that is as far as it goes. The towels were changed daily but the rooms were not cleaned, the beds were made up each day but the floors were not cleaned and they were filthy, it was a waste of time having a shower then walking on the floors. Underneath the beds it was thick in hairs and dirt. Both my partner and myself are none smokers, however there are no regulatins regarding smoking in the hotel rooms and the people who had used the room prior to us must have been on 50 a day, it was disgusting, I complained at the reception and was just told there was nothing they could do, a maid was sent up to spray some air freshener, as soon as the air freshener wore off the stale smoke returned. We hads to sleep every night with the balcony doors open even though it was cold and raining. The beds were so hard it was like sleeping on the floor, I slept on a small sofa bed as it was a little softer than the bed but not much, the camp bed stank of cigarettes and so did the curtains. The room walls were so thin you can hear the neighbours on the toilet so clearly they may as well be in your room, you can hear conversations clearly and people snoring, they are paper thin. We were on the sixth floor and found it quicker to use thw stairs than wait for the lift which could be as long as ten minutes, they were so small that even after the long wait you couldn't always fit in. I love old people but there is a limit, I felt I was staying in an old folks home with a built in mobility department, there is a 'garage' in the entrance of the reception which accomodates all the mobility scooters, believe me as lovely as old people are thia should be mentioned in the brochures that it is an old persons hotel, at the end of the day this has to be mentioned if it is 18-30. Our holiday was so bad that we asked the rep to move us to another hotel, we were rold it would be around another £500 on top of what we had already paid, we even tried to get an early flight home but that wasn't possible either. All in all we spent our whole holiday in our room eveey night, our choice as there were bag snatchers close by and the situation of the hotel made it impossible to walk out in an evening without walking down the narrow secluded dark path way known as the 'yellow brick road', as we are not into bingo (which was every night) we chose to stay in our room counting down the days to go home. There is nothing in the rooms at all, the tv only works until 9pm !! after that you lose the channels apart from the odd one, there is no fridge, no hairdeyer, no tea/coffee facilities, no decent balcony to sit on, the rooms are dirty and smelly, the bedding was never changed throughout our 10 day stay, all in all we spent the same amount of money that we had spent staying in a 4 star hotel, we didn't get a bargain last minute deal we were robbed and told by the travel agent it was their best selling hotel in Benidorm - well I have learned the hard way - never listen to a travel agent again. "

• Travel date: Sun 11th of December 2011

Very, very, very basic.

Reviewed Thu 4th of August 2011

"We had glowing reports of this hotel before going. Sadly, we were very disappointed. The staff are friendly and helpful but it is a very, very basic hotel. The pools were small; there weren't enough beds/chairs for everyone; the beds didn't adjust to sit up; very few parasols and the ones that were there were in need of repair - shabby and holed; no pool towels available; there was no fridge in the room, no tea/coffee making facilities, only one bin in the bathroom, not one in the room, no tissues in the bathroom, some of the bath towels had seen better days - frayed, not enough coat hangers, pillows were really lumpy,beds very hard, hairdryer had to be rented from reception. Entertainment was mediocre/poor, lifts take ages to arrive - 12 floors of people. However, the airconditioning was good, the food was good - not the best we've had, but a lot of variety, and guests have to clean their hands before going into the dining room - that's a plus!
The hotel is central to a lot of entertainment and shops but a good 15 minute walk to (a rocky) beach, another 15 mins along the prom to a sandy area. We preferred the beach to the pool area but the cost of the beds and parasols on the beach was prohibitive - Eu4 per item, for us that would have been Eu12 a day.
Had a good time - the food and friendly staff saved it! Wouldn't go there again and would not reccomend it to those used to a higher standard."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of August 2011

**Brilliant value for money**

Reviewed Thu 5th of May 2011

"I stayed at the Rio Park Hotel for 4 days. I found the staff very friendly and the bar had a happy hour from 8-11pm and the drinks where brilliant value so cheap!

it was in great local of the main stip to the bars and clubs and a short walk from the beach (about 10mins walk). They was alot of variety in the buffet Restaurant and always had chips if you are a fussy eater lol! Even though we where full board we did eat out on night as it is soooo cheap in Benidorm no metter where you go!

If i had on small complaint it was the lifs... we was on the 12 floor and although there is 5 lifts you do hav to wait a while and they are very small, but over all a very good holiday! In fact in going back in a couple of months as great value for money and great location !"

• Travel date: Wed 4th of May 2011

Rio Park visit January 2011

Reviewed Tue 1st of February 2011

"Just returned from a week at the Rio Parkon the positive side ,we found the staff in the dining room and reception excellent.Bar staff tended to be less friendly rooms are very clean and have sat tv programmes for you favorite soaps and the lifts efficient.Food was good with lots of choices and there was entertainment to suit all from quizes and dancing to live shows in the evening.Happy hour provided shorts,mixers and pints from one euro 30c.The Hotel is located in a good position for local bars and the market with free trip bookings available in reception.Dont miss the staff shows the highlight of which are on a Saturday night.On the negative side;no kettles in the rooms,walls are very thin and the heating was poor.We will go again and loved the place."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of January 2011

absoloutly disgusting

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"stopped at rio park for a week , disgusting, dirty ,all rooms on bottom floor getting robbed , pickpockets ,rude staff we ended up coming home early after 3 days into our holiday and were in our 30s ,ill never return to benidorm again,sewerage on yellow brick road just outside hotel, alot of bars shut, dont believe good reviews they lie, or unless you want a bad holiday."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of August 2010

Reviewed Mon 23rd of August 2010

"Ive just had a weeks stay and could not fault it .Reading a previous report from a disgruntaled traveller i was a little wary what to expect but when i arrived and booked in ,all my fears were blown away.Everyone was so helpful and polite and could not find anything to moan about .Thank you to all the staff ."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of August 2010

Rudest staff and most disgusting room ever experienced

Reviewed Fri 16th of July 2010

"If you're ok with dirty, cramped spaces which stink of stale cigarette smoke, with no balcony and rude, sarcastic staff, then this is the place for you.

I travel a lot with work and have stayed in innumerable hotels all over the world and I have never been treated so abysmally. I travelled to this hotel with family, who paid the same price for a room for 2 people with half board as I paid for myself. Although that seemed irrational, as it was a short stay I happily paid the price - expecting, of course, the same standard of treatment. However, whereas my family's room was acceptable (not great, but with a balcony, an acceptable standard of maintenance and fairly clean), my room next door was a tiny room which was barely single than the single bed and which absolutely stank of cigarette smoke and years of body odour. No balcony, a tiny window and a lack of maintenance which gave it the feel of an unloved cupboard.

When I went down to reception to ask whether I could speak to someone about changing rooms, staff refused to speak to me and, among the rude behaviour shown:
-the rudest receptionist told me "that's what you booked" and turned her back on me
- told me to wait at the desk for a Thomson representative and left me waiting there for 10 minutes even though she knew the representative wouldn't be at the desk for another 3 hours!
- when I went back to ask where the rep was, told me to go back and use the telephone and number on the desk. There was no number.
- when I went back, she gave me the number and waved me over to the desk again
- when I went back to say the phone wasn't working, said "it wouldn't. It's for internal calls only so you'll have to use your mobile"
- when I rang Thomson and they said to deal with the hotel, still refused to speak to me and then accused me of shouting. I was amazed at this, as I hadn't even raised my voice - which was voluntarily cooborated by people in the queue who were similarly surprised at the accusation.

In the end, instead of paying for another room and spending my day trying to find another room, I slept in the room on top of the clean towels I'd brought with me. However, the smell was so strong I woke up feeling as if I was going to be sick and ended up sleeping on the small futon in my family's room. I could also hear every voice and TV sound on either side of me.

Stay away from this place - they shouldn't be allowed to operate."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of July 2010

Hotel superb,let down by food and beds

Reviewed Thu 22nd of April 2010

"Just arrived back from weeks stay at Rio Park.Hotel superb staff excellent especially reception,only let down by standard of food.We went down to break fast 15 minutes after opening and food was already cold. Same thing the few times we went to dinner.The room walls are aso very thin and beds very hard and quite short.We ate
out most nights ,you must try the Terrace Bar for excellent food and a very warm welcome from Paul and his fine staff.You will find him at the bottom of The Yellow Brick Road just turn left out of the hotel and go to the bottom.All in all though great week was had by my Grandson and I.Benidorm is a great place for young and old. Plenty for everyone "

• Travel date: Wed 21st of April 2010

Hotels near MedPlaya Hotel Rio Park

Top traveller tips for MedPlaya Hotel Rio Park

• notsohappy by notsohappy

"Dont need to go twice "

• Karen B by Karen B

"just enjoy it and maybe ask for a lower floor as the lifts can get busy during mealtimes etc "

• gemma123 by gemma123

"Old Benidorm, although it is a fair walk from the hotel. "

• julieh36 by julieh36

"you should go to a show at benidorm palace. both our visits we ended up at sinatras bar most nights "

• Aussiecar by Aussiecar

"Remember to take beach towels and don't expect too much of everything else! "

• Irene K by Irene K

"take slippers for the tiled floors in room "

• angel1989 by angel1989

"fish and chip restaurant on the yellow brick road "

• andyhelen2000 by andyhelen2000

"its a brilliant lively place, but watch your wallets. "

• andyhelen2000 by andyhelen2000

"terre mitca, terra natura, aqualandia, jeep safari, and the cumberland bar karioke palace "

• lee55 by lee55

"you will love it theres something for everyone "

• lee55 by lee55

"rusty nail very nice food "

MedPlaya Hotel Rio Park is also called