Magic Cristal Park Hotel

c/ Ruzafa, 14, 03501 Benidorm Spain

Myself and my partner booked a holiday t...

"Myself and my partner booked a holiday to have time out from the real world.We booked this hotel then read some pretty bad reviews so we went not knowing what to think.The hotel was clean the room was small but you get what you pay for.The meals we thought were great I was really surprised at the choice there was.Benidorm itself was great and we would definatley go back to there and the hotel.There was only 1 downside and that was the Spanish that were there on their holidays they dont believe in waiting in a queue and some were downright rude and ignorant it seemed to be the older generation aswell.The local Spanish in Benidorm and the Hotel however were really nice.The hotel also put on different entertainment at nights which was really good.So overall a great holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of May 2008

brilliant hotel; staff very helpful, foo...

"brilliant hotel; staff very helpful, food 4/5 star, would go back there in a minute' a great holiday "

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of April 2008

I read many reviews on this site and oth...

"I read many reviews on this site and others and read so many bad experiences i was dreading going to this hotel. My advice to anyone who reads this is judge this by your own experience. Well all those bad reviews i read could not have been more wrong. Our family totally loved our holiday and this hotel. It is very clean and tidy, staff and very friendly and helpful. The maid comes every day and tidys the room and makes the beds and you get fresh sheets every couple of days you can get fresh towels every day if needed. There is a fantastic choice of food in the restaurant. As for the entertainment there is a different show on every night and the staff are fantastic with the kids. My kids really loved the kids club. They say the people make the holiday in my case the entertainment team made my holiday and gave me so many memorable experiences. I can not compliment them enough and would definately go back.

• Travel date: Mon 21st of April 2008

excellent hotel the staff are down to ea...

Good

"excellent hotel the staff are down to earth they take timeout to help you and they try there hardest to understand you, this is the fourth time that we have been back at this hotel,my son is twelve he never goes to the kids club but this time he went and he enjoyed it
the food is alright it is eatable but not great you will always find something that you can eat,but bear in mind I am a fussy eater.
the rooms are clean and the maid service is excellent"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of March 2008

The resort of Benidorm itself is very go...

"The resort of Benidorm itself is very good with loads to do for adults and kids alike however I would advise anyone to think twice before booking the Cristal Park.

There was always long queues for the bars and the bar staff are the most miserable people I have ever had the misfortune to meet.

The food was at best average, there was plenty of variety, but it all tasted the same.

The rooms are very basic and seem very old and run down. They were always kept clean with the cleaners coming in every day. In fact the cleaners were the only friendly people in the hotel.

The swimming pool is the smallest pool I have ever seen at a hotel. If you get about ten people in it, it is full and when you are there in August you can imagine how full it was.

The hotel is based on a very busy street so if you are planning on getting any sleep forget it.

Also if you have young children be careful around the hotel because all of the roads are very busy. If you are thinking about booking this hotel, think again.

There are a lot of better hotels in Benidorm than this for the same price."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of August 2007

We spent 4 days in Magic Cristal Park Ho...

"We spent 4 days in Magic Cristal Park Hotel; rooms were huge and spacious, clean and tidy.

There was so much choice of food there was something for everyone all through the day. Bar service was good, hotel in great location.

Only downside to the holiday were the Spanish! They were so rude and ignorant! They spent most of their time sitting at the bottom of the stairs and congregating on the stairs chatting!

There is plenty to do in Benidorm and the hotel and all they do is sit in the reception and clog the stairs and give you dirty looks when you excuse past them!

Other than that we had a fabulous time and would go back again."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of October 2007

I’m just back from the Magic Cristal P...

"I’m just back from the Magic Cristal Park Hotel and thought it was amazing, I went for a week with my friend, my mum and gran. The rooms were very spacious, lots of storage space, we had a balcony which was ok but weren’t amazing views. We could still see the sea and the sun still came into the balcony.

The food was very good, different meat every night, and there was something for everyone, who doesn’t like chips or salads? So you can’t say there was nothing to choose from with hot and cold dishes.

As for the staff, I found them very helpful and fun! Had a great laugh with all the bar staff, the staff in the restraunt were always cleaning plates away, changing the food trays when it was running low, there was no time in the whole week were there was an empty tray, they were always full.

The only down side to my holiday was the Spanish tourists, I have never felt so self-conscious in my entire life, but hey, get over it, most of them are from tiny villages where respect is due and not earned. Their way of living is that the elderly get what they want, ok they shouldn’t push to get in lifts or push my mum (who has a walking sick) off the banister when she is walking down the stairs. Luckily though 300 were leaving the day after we arrived, after that, it seemed more British.

The entertainment was good, different shows and even the hotel entertainers were good.

I’m definitely booking another trip to the Magic Cristal Park Hotel for next year!

• Travel date: Sat 27th of October 2007

Never Again!! I'll tell you why - room...

"Never Again!!

I'll tell you why - room was too small so we complained and they said they had no more rooms left!

Bar service is terrible, the queue is massive everyday, if your English you will wait longer because Spanish come first! Restaurant staff snatch the dish off you straight after putting your fork down! All inclusive??? The staff give dirty looks and moan at you when you have more than one drink!

There is more cockroaches living in that hotel than Spanish and English guests! Don't bother waiting for the lifts because you will be there for about 10mins, when it does arrive there are load's of kids messing in it, going up and down!

Only 1 swimming pool, a bit small and has no life guard and very slippery. Not suitable for kids as they will be shouted at by staff if they do anything wrong! This hotel is the worst I have ever stayed in and I will never go back there if they paid me to.

You won't get a balcony, you will get a room which when your looking out of your window you will see a stuffy wall. Maid's stand around chatting instead of cleaning! Thomas Cook are just as bad.
STAY AWAY"

• Travel date: Wed 15th of August 2007

Anyone who has booked to go to this hote...

"Anyone who has booked to go to this hotel be warned . It was my first trip to Benidorm on a girly holiday ,and we all agreed that the Magic Cristal was located in a nice spot and not to central to all the noise also it was reasonably priced.

Anyhow, on our arrival to the hotel we were given the wrong keys to our hotel door on the second floor and the lift was stuck with someone in it shouting for help. Apparently it did it all the time a man said.

Also there was dried in blood splattered in the corridor which was disgusting for a first impression. I explained this to reception and they didn’t seem to care.

Also to eat your food you have to go down into a basement which is difficult for old people because of the stairs and the lifts not working. And the smell of greasy fat lingers from the moment you walk in the joint .

The air con was crap and the bath had a big rust mark in it ,I would only use the shower with my flip-flops on.

Also whilst we was there someone had a massive row through the night and ended up punching holes in a few of the apartment doors in the landing which was pretty sad really.

Honestly, I would consider booking a different hotel before booking this one it was rubbish."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of August 2007

This was my second stay at this hotel....

"This was my second stay at this hotel.

I was so impressed with the service the first time I went with my friend in Nov 2006, that I took my parents for a 3 day break this time - they loved it too and we're planning on going back in Nov this year again.

Having read some of these reviews on this site I have to say I'm gobsmacked!

On both occasions I found all the staff to be really friendly and helpful.

The rooms to be excellent for storage & cleanliness. Admittedly, the beds aren't that comfortable but if you're after luxury pick a hotel with a higher rating.

The rooms and bathrooms are all cleaned daily; the tea and coffee are refilled daily if you ask someone - failing that you can always help yourself in the restaurant.

The food was buffet style, hot and cold at every meal. A wide range to choose from, there was nothing I didn’t enjoy.

The location is excellent - close to a wide choice of shops and less than ten minutes from both beaches

I never found any of the Spanish to be rude at all, most would smile and say hello, is it their fault we don’t speak their language, observe their customs or god forbid, make an effort to try!

All in all, I had a really pleasant time, I would recommend this hotel. "

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of April 2007

Me and my boyfriend just happened to hav...

Good

"Me and my boyfriend just happened to have a week off Easter weekend and just wanted a break away.

We originally wanted to go to the Canaries but unfortunately no flights from Gatwick unless we were willing to pay £1000!

I was very apprehensive about going to Benidorm but none the less the guy from Vision Holidays was really informative.

We arrived at the hotel around 1 in the morning and was pleasantly surprised by what we saw. Reception was clean and tidy and the guy who checked us in was really friendly and helpful.

Except for the fact he didn’t tell us that although there is 30 rooms on floor 7, only 1-13 are accessible from the lifts and the rest you have to get off at floor 6 and find another set of stairs.

We would have been there all night had it not been for this lovely Scottish girl showing us the way! I was left speechless when we opened the room door.

We had a huge living area, huge bedroom area and a really nice, clean tidy bathroom. Better than that, our balcony was so huge it could of easily fitted at least 30 people on it!

Although a land view, to the left was the sea and to the right was the mountains so it wasn’t that bad. Bed quite hard and squeaky but then so are most hotel beds in Spain!

Sheets changed once a week and clean towels everyday - I was really impressed!

Outdoor pool was not in use but the indoor one was-it was clean enough.

The only thing that bugged me about the maid service was that even when there was a do not disturb sign on the door, they would still buzz for you so I had to get up take the towels off her and then go back to bed!

I had to go to reception a couple of times when our key stopped working and they were friendly and helpful..I think if you walk up with a smile they’ll do the same.

The room had two TVs, some Spanish channels, mtv-sometimes dubbed in German, itv 1 and 2 and BBC.

One day my boyfriend decided to leave a bottle of Pepsi on the floor, when we got back later in the day, it was covered in ants. We got rid of them all and never saw any again.

Although we booked bed and breakfast we never got up in time so I can’t comment on that, but if you walk along the beachfront there’s plenty of decent places to eat and a sandwich place called calumbys does the most amazing bacon, sausage and chips for breakfast!!

The hotel has entertainment every night but as 19/20 yr olds the last thing we wanted to do was stay in and watch it!

There is a luggage room and anyone could take the key and take anything out of it so not that secure.

Weather was hit and miss, 2.5 days of sunshine, 1 day of torrential rain and the rest was cloudy.

Many of the cafes from the day turn into bars in the evening, Penelope’s is the place to go it’s amazing! Watch out for the Spanish police, they are awful!

Our hotel was full of Spanish people. Although I believe that everyone is entitled to a holiday, especially in home countries, they were so rude they spoilt my holiday.

We would be in the lift, Spanish people get in, hear us talking in English, turn and stare and/or give us filthy looks. They also pushed in a lot at reception, not in front of me because I wouldn’t of put up with it.

On the day we checked out, we were in the lift, it came down to reception and these Spanish women were trying to get into the lift before we had gone out! They would also stand by the entrance and smoke or just stand in the way so no-one could ever get past!

Hotel is quite close to the beach-10 mins away and also from the bars etc on beachfront. Hotel is about 20 mins away from tony romas-expensive but worth it!

Further on from tony romas there is a selection on clubs and bars that I would recommend anyone stay away from. However we did visit a pub near that - cannot remember the name for the life of me - that had English comedy acts, it was free entry and such a good night, well worth a cab there!!

I personally would not go back to Benidorm as I feel, from experience, there are better places to holiday in Europe, the hotel was nice enough but the Spanish tourists ruined it for me and the fact breakfast finished really early!

If you don’t like northerners or truck fulls of locals then stay away!"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of April 2007

This hotel was awful I would advise you...

"This hotel was awful I would advise you not to go. When we first arrived we were pushed out of the way by the Spanish guests.

We finally reached reception, the staff were rude and surly but the biggest shock was the room. It was very small and there were 4 of us 2 adults and kids aged 14 and 11.

Our bed was a sofa bed under the window, only it had no wooded slats so when you sat on it you fell through it. The room smelled and would not disperse, we opened the curtains and was faced with a wall 6ft from the window.

I was quite angry as we paid £2000 for this holiday, went down to reception and was told there were no more rooms, rang the rep he came and I showed him the room and explained that I wanted to be moved to another hotel or better room.

He was useless so we ended up upgrading which cost us an extra 216 Euros.

The food was okay but boring and same stuff every day, we ate out mostly because of this. Bar staff were very rude and even if you were at the bar first, they always served the Spanish guests first.

The Spanish guest were ignorant, they pushed us out of the way of the lifts and looked at us as if we were scum.

I hated this hotel, all of our party could not wait to get home. We will never go with Airtours again."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of April 2007

Hotels near Magic Cristal Park Hotel

Stayed at Magic Cristal Park Hotel? Share your insight.