Magic Aqua Rock Gardens

Bonn 6 Rincon de Loix de Benidom, 03503 Benidorm Spain

Good

Best thing is the complimentary bus to their flagship Hotel Monika

"The hotel is located on a short but very steep hill which could be very prohibitive to those less fit. There are two flights of stair up to the main entrance and if you manage to find the unclearly signed ramp and lift you are delivered into a por excuse for a hotel bar. We arrived at midnight, so what little there was, was in full swing - not eady to weave your way through with 2 suitcase and a young child. I can't believe that somebody actually designed this hotel to look and feel like a dark dingy grotto. Reception offered no information or advice about the hotel or resort on arrival.

The rooms are truly tiny but boast that they are probably the "best in category" in the resort and that they have boxed in the balconies to give more internal space (so nowhere to hang your towels - They were clean though and the bathroom was faultless (best part).

The food was very good as all inclusive buffets go. We never even made it to the pool area as we were warned off that it was shady, small and quite miserable.

The BEST bit was that the hotel was part of the Me Amigo chain of about 8 other hotels. You could either jump on the complimentary bus at 11am of pay a Euro on the public bus (no 12) to use the facilities at Hotel Monika - their flagship in Finestrat About 30mins ride but a world away - gorgeous laggoon pool, self serve snack bar - so the kids can make their own toasties - and a fabulous drinks terrace."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of June 2007

Excellent with a few problems

"When I had booked this holiday and read the reviews, I was a little worried about what to expect - I can tell you that I arrived back yesterday and decided to give you my true thoughts on the hotle.

The food was very plentiful - english and spanish dishes - salads etc, it was very nice and good enough to give to my 17 month old.

The rooms were very small - that is until we upgraded to one of the master suites. In our room there were 2 adults, 2 children and 2 infants and not enough room to swing a cat. It cost £100 to upgrade for 6 nights. The master suites are huge! They have 2 balconies, 2 single beds and 2 double bed settees - we fitted 2 travel cots in there too and there was room to spare.

The only real problem we encountered was because I have 2 babies - 17 months and 7 months and took away a side by side double buggy - MASSIVE mistake! The lifts that took you to the restaurant were not wide enough to fit the buggy in - Luckily, the reception lifts were and i could get it in there however, I could not get the buggy through the door to the room either! Not good with sleeping babies!

The hotel is set out on split levels - which you will see from some of the other reviews, it is a bit awkward! If you have a buggy - you cannot access the childrens pool with a buggy without lumbering it up a set of metal stairs as there is no same level access which is rather stupid!

Also, the hotel is situated at the top of a huge hill (heartattack hill!) which is not the best if you have a buggy or wheelchair!

Would I go again - Definately! Even with the problems, I would! I would just take my phil & teds buggy which would solve most of the problems I had.

I am missing the food already - and I am a really fussy eater!"

• Travel date: Thu 31st of May 2007

not as advertised !!!!!

"We Booked this hotel with thompsons, who say its 4*family hotel, NOWHERE NEAR !! Got to hotel and waited 4 hours before we got our room,with no where to put our luggage and no explanation to what was going on..eventually got a room and it was clean and ok apart from the sofa bed made up for my 6 year old daughter was a death trap, with pieces of metal sticking every where.
thompsons brouchue say that its 24 hr all inclusive and they are unlimited ice lollies and snacks for the kids...NEVER SAW THEM ALL WEEK !!! Although i did see cochroaches about 2 inchs long in the toilets, ants in the restraunt and smelt the most disgusting smell of sewrage around the main pool...The kids entertainers were nice and they did try, but the kids entertainment on a night lasted for about half an hour and then eddie came on with his medly of elvis presley etc....i will be going back to benidorm again as it is fantastic, but i will not be going anywhere near this hotel ever again and i will be writing to thompson with my complaints...."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of May 2007

Don't go there

"We have just returned from a week at this hotel & can honestly say this is the worst place we have ever been to.At the start we got stuck in the lift on the way to our room with 2 young Spanish girls who luckily had a mobile phone & contacted their mum to get help.We did not see a rep the whole time we were there,no welcome meeting,nothing.The walls of the room were paper thin you could hear everything even snoring from next door. We booked this holiday for a break on our anniversary & it was completely ruined.The staff were not friendly at all & didn't speak the whole week.As previous people have said the food was like you have in a cheap canteen & drinks watered down.We were surprised as Thomson have been excellent in the past,so we will be going in the office to complain asap.It's back to Greece or Cyprus for us next time where we know we will get a nice welcome. Keith & Lila from Aylesbury,Bucks."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of April 2007

Belfast - Had a ball - great for the kids

Good

"Arrived at the hotel on 17th March for a week all inclusive with my husband and 2 boys aged 3 and 10 months. Was a bit confused on arrival as the coach let us off at the back entrance to the hotel which was very basic and nothing like the pictures I had looked at of the reception - this was soon remedied once it was explained that the main reception was on the ground floor. I found the hotel desk staff very pleasant, courteous and efficient. I requested extra pillows, towels and a cot and these were all sent to my room immediately. The entertainment was varied every night (some nights better than others), Eddie was great craic and the mini disco was great for my 3 yr old. The play area was absolutely fantastic for kids and both mine spent a lot of time there and it was great for tiring them out and getting them ready for an afternoon siesta. I found the food excellent, the drink fabulous, the bar staff pleasant, the enterntainment staff great and the general holiday was a really good one - I would def. recommend for families with small children the only downside to this Hotel was the HUGE HILL leading to it, but what I did find was it was easier to go out the main entrance and not the back entrance - not just as far to go. P.S. Our cleaner Rafi was fantastic she did a great job on our room and I found the whole hotel to be extremely clean."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of March 2007

cheap&cheerful

"well here we go the hotel is very very bland personaly i would say it lets t he hotel chain down. if your looking for some thing cheap and cheerful then this is for you.the breakfrast seams to be the best meal of the day if you miss breakfast then its cold food for snacks on the pool terrace.if you dont get there early enough to get a glass you have to walk all the way through thethe hotel down two flights of stairs through the reception to the bar. ithink they couldnt afford the cleaning staff personly i wouldnt go to this hotel if it was free the cleaning was very poor.the food was average(very}the hotel reception was nice but very dark
the pool area was very shaded until dinner but some went back in darkness as there is a huge hotel covering the hotel"

• Travel date: Wed 7th of March 2007

just got back met bobby too

"just got back end o feb, hotel barman very friendly alot of people moaning aout the serve yourself 24hr bar, you need your card to swipe to get a drink, the down fall of this hotel was monday to friday basic food, paper table clothes, napkins etc, but on the saturday it was a spanish night, cloth table cloths, proper napkins and they even tried to move alot of english to a higher floor just for the weekend, because spanish were stayin fri-sun and wnted a lower floor. the food on that night was excellent, the entertainment also, but by the sunday back to normal, cold food and everything the same, play bingo for a cheap bottle of plonk, the alcohol is ike water even the spanish said it was weak, terrible the vodka said 37%more like 7%it was horrible and i nt a fuspot, i usually love spanish vodka but this was disgusting. glad ther were no russians there."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of March 2007

Great Company Pity About The Safe

"just returned home had great holiday thanks to the many friends we met in the hotel BOBBY FOR ONE unfortunatley our safe was removed along with our suitcase the safe contained passports ticket s money etc.we contacted the thomas cook repwho came immediatley and was fantastic she sorted the police report etc.the hotel were very cautious however they paid taxi fares to the police and thebritish consulate in alicante once this was sorted we had a fantastic holiday thanks to the good company of friends we met jean graham"

• Travel date: Sat 27th of January 2007

Fantastic Hotel

"Well this hotel was magic from the moment we set foot throughthe door. although a little confused at first we were dropped off at the back door to book in and leave our bags until room was ready but all was made clear and we made our way to the front of the hotel which is beautifully decorated.
THE ROOMS: The rooms were clean and tidy, although the air con wasnt working and it took 5 days for anyone to come and see to it. the housekeeping tidied the room each day. the only concern that i had was that the windows were large and i was petrified of my children falling so they stayed shut!!
THE FOOD: There was a wide range of menu which catered for every taste although the drinks dispensers were constantly breaking down. Snack bar was good but only did the same snacks everyday,
THE ENTERTAINMENT: We were very impressed with the entertainment there was plenty of choice and variety at night also they were very tolerant of children so ideal for families.
THE HILL!!!: We went to this hotel despite being told about "cardiac hill"my mother in law has MS and normally doesnt go very far however she took her time and turned out the hill was harsh but not as bad as we were expecting.
THE STAFF: The staff were all very helpful and couldnt do enough to help you they certainly always go that extra mile for their customers.
I would definatley visit this hotel again although i would not recommend this hotel for those with walking difficultys due to the amount of steps, levels and hills around the hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of January 2007

brilliant

"First time at the hotel, was impressed, food was good, rooms clean, staff helpfull and friendly, will be going back"

• Travel date: Thu 18th of January 2007

Will never stay here

"I stayed with my sister in this hotel in 1976 when it was the Tropicana Gardens and went back to Benidorm with my husband this year for the 1st time in 39 years staying at the Helios. We plan to have a big family holiday next year and decided the Magic Aqua Rock Gardens would be an ideal hotel as well as a sentimental return for myself and my sister. Along with my husband, we decided to have a look at the hotel while we were in Benidorm. It has totally transformed in appearance, but we were very impressed by how it looked from the outside. We ventured in (entrance is at the back) but were met by a rather aggressive security guard. I explained the purpose of our journey but we were almost frog marched off the premises. I hope the manager reads this as potentially,the hotel has lost a booking for 12 adults. It should be renamed Fort Knox."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of September 2015

beautiful hotel spoiled with stag and hens

"This is a beautiful hotel with beautiful features. The hotel has many activities and attractions for kids and water slides for big kids also. Night entertainment was poor i stayed 10 nights and it was repetative. The kids entertainment was also in spanish which i did complain about but nothing could be done. There is a very steep hill which you have to walk up to acces the hotel i am 24 even i struggled with this. From thursday to sunday hotel is extremely loud with stags and hens. This didnt bother me but if youre lookin for a quiet holiday hotel this is not the one."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of June 2013

Hotels near Magic Aqua Rock Gardens

Stayed at Magic Aqua Rock Gardens? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Magic Aqua Rock Gardens

• Yvonne112 by Yvonne112

"the use of the other hotels on the all inclusive "

Magic Aqua Rock Gardens is also called