Hotel Mediterraneo Benidorm

• heated pool
  • indoor pool
  • paid internet
  • kids club
  • paid private parking on site
  • billiards
  • solarium
  • entertainment staff

Great Hotel

Reviewed Mon 1st of October 2012

"My wife and were at the Metiterraneo from the 11th to the 25th of September, this was our 2nd holiday there and we were not disappointed , i can quite honestly say i have never met friendlier staff at a hotel before, this is a good hotel in a quiet area (no noise at night) The hotel is very clean, the food is very good (plenty choice) at the bar there are about 6 different cocktails,at lunch and dinner you have a choice of a bottle of Red,White or Rose wine, towels are changed every day, there is a play area for kids with a member of staff there, an indoor swimming pool and a gym. The entertainment is a bit basic, some of their shows were all right but the kids liked it. If you fancy a drink away from the hotel there are bars down and up to the left and right of the hotel. All in all this is a very good hotel you'll be struggling to find a cleaner or friendlier one and we shall certainly be going back."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of October 2012

excellent stay

Reviewed Fri 20th of July 2012

"just back from holidays 8 to 18 july 2012 for a friends 60 birthday loved this hotel very clean,staff very friendly and help
full food very good choice of drinks with lunch and dinner, and they very good with kids the only down fall the entertainment on the night was limited but over all we all enjoyed "

• Travel date: Fri 20th of July 2012

Extremely disappointed

Reviewed Sun 27th of May 2012

"I agree with everything the cumbria lass wrote. but, would add, I expected the hotel to be near the beach, but was nearly a mile away. Also the morning fruit juice was watered down.The soup was the only acceptable food.[2 choices each meal] wow. Table settings were shocking. We were a party of 4 & had to set our own table. Only 2 knives & forks & roughly folded napkin was in place.No do not disturb card for bedroom door. "

• Travel date: Sat 26th of May 2012

Very good hotel

Reviewed Mon 26th of September 2011

"We have just returned from two weeks at the Mediterranio and had a very good stay, on arrival we were told that the hotel was full and our room would not be available untill the next day but we would be given a suite for one night only,when we opened the room door we could not believe our eyes,it was a Luxury two roomed suite with flat screen tellevisions in both rooms,toilet with jakoozi walk in shower, toilet area, bath robes hanging on the wall the lot. Next day we were allocated our room which was very roomy and very comfortable,there was also a bottle of champagne with two glasses with a letter appologising for the inconvenience. As for the hotel it is spotless there is always smebody cleaning, and you get fresh towels every day. The food is very good and there is plenty to choose from,the staff are great,very friendly and polite, and smartly dressed and nothing is a bother to them.There is a good selection of drinks and cocktails so no need to go thirsty. the only downside is the entertainment,it was very basic but you don't have to go far to find some good bars so overall this is very good hotel and we will be going back."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of September 2011

Great hotel

Reviewed Tue 5th of October 2010

"Have tried but cannot fault the hotel. We went as a couple and my Mother who is disabled in a wheelchair she had a large disabled room with alarm and disabled toilet, and the toilets in the hotel had disabled toilets as well, this is such a help, also the lifts were plenty large enough for wheelchair and us. The bedrooms were all large and very clean as was the hotel. The staff were all very nice, especially the small lady who served in the bar, i did not like the coffee in the bar till the lady started serving me, then it was lovely, found out she was putting a small measure of baileys in it, tasted lovely, The food was good and plentiful. Nothing to do with the hotel but the walk to the beach could have been easier as with a wheelchair some of the crossings have a dropped kerb one side but not the other. Quite a walk to the old town but worth it, we got a taxi back from there 7 euros "

• Travel date: Tue 5th of October 2010

our first trip to benidorm hotel mediterraneo

Reviewed Thu 4th of March 2010

"from the time we entered the hotel till the time we left we had a great time. the hotel was very clean the staff in all areas were very helpful and kind, the food was excelent. entertainment was very good especialy the shows that were put on in the evening and the daytime. the rooms were fantastic very well maintaned and clean. plentyof things for the children to do as the childrens entertainers are wonderful. the pools indoor and outdoor were well supervised.the bar staff were polite and would have a laugh with you as would all the staff. we went for a week and came back 27/2/2010 and we are going back next year. well worth every pound for this hotel and its food which we could not fault. "

• Travel date: Mon 1st of March 2010

a great time was had by all

Reviewed Tue 9th of February 2010

"there was 4 of us on this holiday, we just went to chill out. the hotel was really nice all the staff were helpful if you had any problems it was sorted fast.the rooms are very spacious with room for 4 people they were cleaned every day to a high standard, the restaurant was always clean good friendly staff and the food was really nice plenty of different choices and always piping hot. bar area good plenty of room they have a smoking area but have fans that draw the smoke out which i yhought was a good idea as you could not smell the smoke at all."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of February 2010

ideal family holiday

Reviewed Wed 27th of May 2009

"family of 9, 4 adults and 5 kids aged from 2 to 8 had a great holiday at this hotel. We only went for a week all inclusive but it was not long enough. Staff were fantastic, rooms were spotless and food was amazing,even for fussy eaters as my son is very fussy but there was something for him every night. Pool was beautiful and very relaxing. This hotel is more for families as you are a bit of a walk away from the main nightlife of Benidorm but only a 10 minute walk uphill to Aqualandia and Mundomar,they are both great days out. The hotel make you pack-lunches up when you go out for the day if you are all inclusive. The beach is about a 15-20 minute walk but you can get the bus from outside the hotel. The entertainment was poor for adults but great for the kids, but that was not a problem for us as we had 5 to entertain! All in all, this was one of our best holidays and we will be going back next year. If you do go here, pay a visit to the Circus across the road in the car park of the Benidorm palace, it was a really good show. You get tickets for the kids for free if you ask at reception in the hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of May 2009

Old people and family only

Reviewed Wed 6th of May 2009

"The hotel itself is located in a quiet area of Benidorm away from the main heart of the town, although there are a few bars approx 100m away these charge over the top for basic drinks, a simple sex on the beach cocktail cost 7 euros!!. A good bar for football fans is Rachels, on a Saturday afternoon this has at least 4 premiership football games on at 4pm (3pm English time) and pints of lager are 1.50 euros. Opposite the hotel is the Benidorm Palace nightclub/entertainment venue, during our stay there was no noise evident from the venue. If you are unfortunate enough to been placed in a room next to the main road then make sure you take ear plugs, the noise is quite loud from passing traffic, this starts around 07:00hrs everyday. The hotel is well maintained and the staff are friendly enough, especially the restaurant staff who make you feel very welcome. The biggest downfall of the hotel is the awful entertainment that they put on every evening, the male and female double act are really terrible and sound like someone dragging their nails down a chalk board! This was the reason we spent the majority of our evenings at other bars, even though we were all inclusive!!! Another problem we found was with the hotel policy with regards to air conditioning. Despite the temp being in the mid 70's, the hotel refused to allow the air conditioning system to come on until the 1st May as that is when the hotel's season starts, this led to many sleepless night as the room was very hot. The rooms themselves were more than adequate and cleaned to a very high standard each day. The satelite TV consisted of 4 English channels, Sky News, CNN News, BBC World News and Eurosport, not mush choice there! The food was of a good standard and there was a reasonable selection, although repeated a little it was still nice. The pool area was spacious with numerous beds and parasols, the pool itself could do with being heated as it was absolutely freezing, so cold in fact that it hurt! A disappointing rule which the hotel upholds is stopping sunbathers from going into the main bar to get a quick drink if they're not covered up and wearing shoes, so everyone's expected to put a t-shirt on that will get covered in sun tan lotion....petty! All in all the hotel seems to be going in the right direction and would be an ideal place for couples if the above points were looked at. Would I recommend it to another couple...No. Would I recommend it to pensioners and families...Yes."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of May 2009

Great holiday

Reviewed Mon 1st of December 2008

"Me my partner and 1 year old daughter went here from 15th November till the 22nd. We didn't know what to expect really as we had read mixed views even though the hotel looked fab. I think it was 1 of the best holidays I have ever had. The hotel was perfect, the 1st thing that strikes you when you walk in the hotel how clean it is, the rooms were cleaned everyday around 11am so it was always done when you were out of your room.

The food was great for adults, it was the same pretty much everyday for breakfast, they had a few different things each morning but not a lot. I normally just had the same everyday, bacon, egg, sausages, toast and tomato, which was fine. You help yourself to drinks at breakfast, tea, coffee or orange, apple juice etc.

Lunch and dinner was fantastic, it was different everyday, 1 day would be mexican theme, next day spanish theme etc and plenty to choose from. The kids menu was not too great, it was basically pretty much the same everyday for them, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, beef burgers and what looked like pastys, not a great deal of choice.

If you ordered wine with your food, they would bring a full bottle over for you, if any was left they would keep it in the fridge for you till you next went in to eat. The same with water too, they would bring over a big bottle for you. Just watch out for the old woman who works in the restaurant, she likes to try and take your plate away when you still have food on it!

You are given a card when you arrive at the hotel, they take your pic and put the pic onto your card if you are staying all inclusive. When you go to the bar it does say 1 drink per card but you can go to the bar with as many cards as you like. All the 'local' alcohol is included with the all inclusive, if you want Smirnoff vodka if costs 2 euros. The drinks are very strong as they never measure how much alcohol they put in! The crisps and ice lollys are not included, i think it was 1 euro each for these.

The staff are great with kids as well, especially the bar staff, they go out of their way to say hello to the kids.

The location is not too bad either, Benidorm palace is over the road from the hotel but we didn't hear any noise from it once. about a 2 min walk from the hotel is a supermarket, just incase you do need anything for during the day whilst you are out. Right near the supermarket is a number of shops selling all different things, clothes, cigs, alcohol etc. I would say the beach is about a 15-20 min walk but that was with a buggy.

Behind the hotel is 1 of the 'animal parks' - just 1 road straight up, pretty steep which takes about 15 mins, or if you are not quite so young, there is a bus stop over the road from the hotel which takes you there.

Overall it was a great holiday, great hotel, great weather and we are going back next year.

• Travel date: Mon 1st of December 2008

before going to this hotel had read very...

Reviewed Sun 27th of July 2008

"before going to this hotel had read very mixed views however, thought this hotel was excellent. Me, my partner and our 3 year old daughter went the 17th of june. hotel was spotless rooms were cleaned everyday abt 10 am which was great as like to get a lie in on holiday. was fairly busy but always got a table in the very big restaurant. didnt always find something good to eat but that was more to us being fussy eaters rather than poor selection thought was actually very good selection! staff were friendly and drink ok. about 15 mins walk to the beach but on very hot days its good to get the bus, stops right outside the hotel. would definetly recommend this hotel and will be going back again in the future"

• Travel date: Sun 27th of July 2008

I visited this hotel back in July 2007,...

Reviewed Wed 25th of June 2008

"I visited this hotel back in July 2007, and have kept an eye on the reviews to see what people have said. I am amazed to see the various different reviews, and the fact people slate it.

I am going on what one review said, regarding the Benidorm palace being opposite the hotel. Yes this is true, but the person giving the review, must have had their patio doors open, because I was staying in a room directly opposite the benidorm palace, and can honestly say the noise was not an issue. I am a very light sleeper, and the slightest bit of noise will wake me up, but I had no problems in sleeping. There was even maintenance being carried out very early in the morning, again I heard nothing and they were using drills etc.

The hotel itself is situated away from the hustle and bussle of Benidorm, and immediately I knew I had made the right choice, because I didnt want to stay in an area that was over run by drunks etc. I am not very fussy but just like to have a bit of sleep while on holiday. I found the staff hear very helpfull and they always answered my questions and concerns without any hesitation. From the maids, to the bar staff, to the receptionist, each of them were wonderfull. The hotel is modern, the rooms are spacious and even have a fridge which was great. Despite being all inclusive, it was nice to have the option to keep few cold ones in the fridge.

The food choice was amazing, and you would have to be very very fussy if there was nothing you would like. I am a fussy eater, but when I go abroad I tend to try anything, and I was not left dissapointed with the food that I did try. Always plentyfull and loads of choice from fish, to mexican, italian, british even, there was just so much.

If there is a downside to the hotel, then I would say that it is a bit of a walk into the town etc, but again that wasnt a downside for me, because I am fond of a good walk when on holiday.

Everything in my opinion was smashing about the hotel, and I even enquired about going back again this year (2008), but instead I have opted to return to Benidorm, but wanted to try something different so opted for the flamingo oasis instead, but if that hotel had not been available then the meditteraneo would have been first choice. The only reason I am going to the flamingo oasis is because I wanted to try something else, and also a nagging aunty saying I should try it as it is wonderfull.

Do not be put off by the negative reviews on hear. Different people have different tastes, and if your used to going to hotels in dubai that cost £6,000 a night then maybe this hotel is not for you. But if your just an average holiday maker, then I would 100% recommend this hotel for a pleasant stay."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of June 2008

Hotels near Hotel Mediterraneo Benidorm

Stayed at Hotel Mediterraneo Benidorm? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Mediterraneo Benidorm

• Billy and Ann by Billy and Ann

"Just chill out and enjoy the peace and quiet "

• tiny tim by tiny tim

"dont think about booking anyotther holiday go for this one 10/10 all round "

• holiday maker by holiday maker

"not suitable for hen and stag parties "

• jericho1161 by jericho1161

"Plenty of shows and acts to see on an evening "

• mcluckie by mcluckie

"Mundomar, Terra Mitica, and the Circus "

Hotel Mediterraneo Benidorm is also called