Hotel Flamingo Oasis

Avda Severo Ochoa 3, 03503 Benidorm Spain

Not a pleasant experience

Reviewed Thu 28th of July 2016

"Would rather have gone to Tunisia or turkey.
What an absolute dump of an hotel. Food less than poor drinks watered down. Other half went to pool bar for drink without footwear. Well staff by the Stais hand out straight in face no footwear no service. Could go in naked as long as feet were covered. Little one bought a ball smaller than a mini football for the pool but again no balls in pool but a giant rubber ring size of a monster truck tyre was fine. Restaurant or market ca few more like smelt horrid like a really bad chip shop, greasy and fatty. Not nice when your trying to eat un edible food.
Hotel room falling apart. Bits of wood hanging off everywhere. No TV remote had to buy it from reception for 30 euros but only got 10 back. Sunbed run 1st thing in morning a joke. 300 people trying to squeeze in a space only big enough for about 120. No umbrellas no sun-lounger you can adjust up and down and by 1pm absolutely no shade. Evening entertainment ok nothing special was to busy watching the floor for the cockroaches.
And worst not a single table in sight in the evening just row upon row of plastic chairs.
Check out you tube for flamingo oasis sunbed dash even worse in real life"

• Travel date: Thu 28th of July 2016

Great Holiday

Reviewed Tue 8th of December 2015

"Stayed at the Flamingo Oasis last December for one week and had a great time .The room was of a good size.and clean but was on a high floor level .there are 4 lifts but they are usually full or stop before they reach your floor so i would recommend a room on a lower floor level.The food is ok .not brilliant but i am a fussy eater and always found something to my taste .There are 3 inside bars ,the one downstairs is where the entertainment is and this is a cooler room i found the drinks were better down there because they weren't warm like they are in the Piano bar,The entertainment staff are a laugh with some fun shows on,The reception bar is large and you need to show your Id card which you are issued when you first arrive .1 drink 1 card but after a few days they get used to you so i was getting larger measures and 2 drinks on 1 card.There is a resident entertainer in the Piano bar and a lot of the older people like to dance ,i thought he was like Les Dawson ,dropping bum notes which was quite funny its very warm in this area .Most of the staff are nice but there are a couple of miserable ones ,i would recommend this Hotel and we are going again this December"

• Travel date: Sun 6th of December 2015

Stayed in better 2 star accomodation in Blackpool! Certainly not a 4 Star Hotel!

Reviewed Mon 22nd of September 2014

"My family stayed in this hotel and I have to say, it was the worst holiday we have ever had! We had our two little boys who both have special needs and I have to say they have NEVER been treated in the most appalling way as they were at this hotel, well I struggle to call it a hotel, B and B would be a better title. I spoke with the Hotel boss called Daniel and aired my concerns regarding the Hotel safety, unclean, unfriendly pool staff, staff screaming at Autistic boy etc. I also asked Daniel, why was it, the last time the Flamingo Oasis Hotel received a Gold Medal award by Thompson was in 2009? I was told that it was none of my business to ask! I also stated that the pool area was dangerous and that if my son had an Asthma attack, a medic could not even treat him as the sun beds touched each other, I stated that the place could NOT facilitate the number of people it books in. Daniel told me that the sunbeds were not a problem, in Daniel's words, ' The problems at the Flamingo Oasis are not the Hotels fault, but the sort of people who come here' I then stated that, the people who holiday here enable you to sit behind your desk! The most rude, arrogant man I have ever met and he certainly should not be a manager. I informed Daniel, I would be speaking to Thomson on my return to the UK and was told, 'I don't care if you speak to Thomson, they are no body and I have many other Hotels'.
Our boys were told they could not use their Miniature lilos as they were the WRONG SHAPE? also pool life guard knelt down and blew his whistle in my son's ear, being Autistic this did nothing but cause him to become upset and anxious! canteen staff shouted at our boys to be quiet, again not something that should happen! just because our boys don't look like they have disabilities they do and the only people to correct our boys will be us! We ate out most of the time as the food was pretty much the same, e.d if it was roast pork one day it would be roast pork but in a sauce the next! I burnt my hand on the CHILDREN PLATES, I picked a plate up for my son and they was a huge piece missing from it,and extremely sharp!Sewage leaked from our toilet and the floor wasn't even washed after it was fixed, our bath was rusty and dirty, door stop had no rubber on and my son cut his toe on it, our balcony moved, (we have video evidence of numerous problems) when we complained we were told by this was normal with a huge smile! lights on our balcony went off at midnight so if you wanted to sit on your balcony after this time, you had to sit in the dark! not sure why they feel they have the right to dictate what time lighting comes off and on? our room was that dirty with dust and dirty hair (on our arrival,our son needed his inhaler). I had friends who were booked to go on holiday to this place and have since cancelled their holidays due to the fact that the holiday we booked was no where near a holiday worthy of a 4 star rating! Afternoon tea consisted of a tray of STALE biscuits, not your usual 4 star afternoon tea! The indoor pool was closed and had a note on the door stating it was closed in May 2014. The brochure stated that this place had 2 restaurants? the first was a CANTEEN that you needed to wait in a line that went all the way up the stairs, and the other was a snack SHACK! and you could not take food away from there and given that it had 8 small tables again this place could never facilitate, a place with over 300 people in, and therefore you had to stand and eat, not what you would expect from a 4 star Hotel. The problems that we encountered and I have mentioned on here are only a few of the reasons as to why the Flamingo Oasis is not a place we would ever visit or recommend to anyone! "

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of September 2014

Very Average

Reviewed Mon 27th of January 2014

"We had been here previously both time taking our eldest 2 grandchildren. The food is excellent, and most staff very friendly and polite despite the rudeness of some guests. They do have some ridiculous rules. They have a small pool bar but you need to have on shoes and t shirt even there, the number of umbrellas to sun bed are inadequate. The sun bed race is You tube classic but it is just as bad in the evening, when security staff keep adults and children a like inside the hotel. Not enough tables in the evening. The rooms are spacious enough for 2 adults and 2 children but I think now our grandson is 13 the bed would be a bit on the small. Not really to my husband and I taste but the children loved it. I don't think we will be returning. "

• Travel date: Sun 26th of January 2014

we will not stay there again

Reviewed Mon 9th of December 2013

"This is the 5th time in 7 years we have stopped at this hotel and it has gone down hill from the first time we stayed. the food was no were as good as it used to be, their are 2 bars and 2 food service areas in the restaurant industry but only 1 was open causing people to q for food and drink,the snacks were over a very poor standard mainly burgers and hot dogs which were some times cold.the only thing that is 4* here is the staff once again they were brill, and the entertainment staff even though the shows were dated i would give them 5*. this is now a 3* hotel serving 2* food and the Thompson reps were a waste over time. "

• Travel date: Wed 4th of December 2013

Holiday from hell

Reviewed Tue 6th of August 2013

"having been to the hotel the last 3 years in a row, and spent over £25,000. my family and brother and sister in law and children. The food has drastically went down hill and were lack of choice for children, dirty cutlery, my daughter got a fish done in a piece of cake, the waiter said it wasn't possible. Our rooms were stinking of wastage as their was a blocked pipe that lasted for a week and when complaining and asking to be moved the manager refused. Then to round off the holiday my partner and niece were pulled into the swimming pool as a joke as one of the entertainment team was leaving that's fine we were on holiday but as my partner and niece made way to go outside the hotel until my daughter got them dry clothes from our rooms the security guard accused my partner and niece of jumping into the pool and told them to get out the hotel,he told my partner to shut up and demanded their cards so they couldn't get into the hotel he even told her we would all be on a plane back to Scotland he even made them get changed outside in front of pubs, hotels and people walking passed a disgrace. when we wanted a meeting with the manager he wasn't accused my partner and niece of breaking rules we told him this security guard would have been sacked on the spot if that was back in Scotland, all he done was shrug his shoulders and said he would look back the camera and if we were right he would apoligise, instead he put a bottle of wine in our room, he couldn't even say sorry. the entertainment team are great always something on for adult and children through the day at night the same shows have been on 3 years in a row. also children over twelve have adult cards so have easy access to underage drinking that's another thing the manager told us to prove easy my daughter and niece had one, again it was someone else to blame, they scan the passports on arrival even he agreed they shouldn't have them till they were 18 but he never got them changed ? the worst holiday in 30 years. Check out youtube type in flamingo oasis sunbed rush as 8.45am every morning this hotel is now on par with a good 3 star "

• Travel date: Sun 4th of August 2013

Nice hotel, great food, but bar area and drinks let it down

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"I like the hotel and its location.Its not right in the middle of the bar streets so you can have peace if you like.Its all inclusive. The food was excellent , we could eat almost anytime.The bar area was a little like an airport lounge, and the all inclusive drinks were dreadful. Perhaps its just me as some others stayed in every night and managed to drink the local brands. We went out most nights as there was lots of entertainment in Benidorm.I would not let this put me of going to the hotel in the future, as it was worth it just for the food.Our room was on the 15th floor and it was clean and well decorated.Overall "

• Travel date: Tue 9th of October 2012

great holiday deffo recommended

Reviewed Mon 24th of September 2012

"We went to oasis for the first time most of the reviews we read were very positive the ones who complain i really don't know what the want everything the food excellent the staff excellent friendly and polite drinks in proper glasses which is a rare thing except obliviously when your in the pool area only two things iffy sun beds and the pool was very shady because of the tall buildings but hey there's plenty in Benidorm for everyone and the beach is great overall great holiday will go again."

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of September 2012

lovely hotel shame about the kids

Reviewed Tue 11th of September 2012

"my husband and i visited this hotel in dec 2011 and loved it so much we came home and booked for aug 2012. however we forgot about kids hols ,luckly we stayed in a suite last time it was a club room at least you can escape up thier. but what was really annoying is the fact some people wont put there hands into thier pockets but think they can just sneak into private areas .the food is lovley the beef is amazing the choice is better than some carabbeian hotels the drinks are full measures and plenty choice .and the cleanest hotel i ve stayed at the staff are amazing apart from one female barstaff moody miaserable sourfaced the how she keeps her job amazes me.we didnt get to see the shows to many kids running riot spilling drinks .pity the piano bar not open it only open in winter.my advise if your kids are grown and you want an excellent hotel in benidorm book after school hols."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of September 2012

Very Dissapointed With The Two Taired system

Reviewed Thu 26th of July 2012

"After visiting this hotel on and of for the past 13 years, I can only say that as it now a two tiered system,That it has gone down hill fast.I had to have A room change as I had my mum in a wheel chair this was done fast & we were happy with the change.Then to the bar we went,after lunch when I asked for 3 drinks on 2 cards mine and mums,I was given them after I told them that I could only have 2 drinks on 1 card, I tryed to explain that I had a lady in wheel chair showing up nub 1. We had chat and fun then later that 1st night just as the show was to start again the same bar woman told me on 3 drink 1 card 2 drinks she reducest me to tears and showed me up once again I told her she was not going to spoil my holiday went over to reception asked to see manager was told on what was the problem Michele recptions could understand the prob he tryed to make out that we were drunken yobs.I could see I wasent getting any were so said I wanted to see manager I then went to my family. the next day I went to manager and rep.The manager was very nice told me that I could have specil pomistion to get the 3 drinks took me over to bar manager and said that I would have no more prob's if only every day I had to tell diffrent barstaff I have permission for 3 drinks U got prob U ring manager most of time soft drinks or even water. this went on right till lastnight when I just wanted to get home. Eg 4 staff on bar I got to front all staff would cleen bar oh yes. It wasnt just our party with prob u could hear people all over the place having up setts with staff The entertanment staff were fab, some of bar staff were happy & smile very Clean & and the food was to die for and lots of it what could have been sorted easly with the simple words special permission on mums card it could have been a stress free holiday and not coming home and needing a holiday But not to THE FLAMINGO OASIS NO WAY. I was a last min holiday but I dont call it cheep at £3500 for a week ok 3 rooms for 6,our own tranfieres Ok their should have been 6 in our party but only 5 were able to travel, we Should have just booked an appartment dinned out and bought a bottle for the room lot less hassle . "

• Travel date: Thu 26th of July 2012

Excellent hotel apart from the sickness & diarrhoea bug escalating throughout

Reviewed Thu 7th of June 2012

"I have to say I was extremely impressed with the food and accommodation at this hotel. I read all the reviews on Trip Adviser and none had anything bad to say about either of these elements, however, out of a party of 7 of us 5 over 5 consecutive days had a bug which we pinpointed down to the swimming pool as two of us did not go in it. When speaking to other guests it seems there was quite a few people ill but they hadn't reported it to the rep. The family that we had met who were also ill used to be a holiday rep and knew the procedure so we did report it, however, the first choice rep was very dismissive about the whole situation and merely told us we should have reported it earlier so that our room could be deep cleaned. Natalie was interested in how the bug had been caused. Having spoke to another guest apparently there is many reviews about this hotel continuously having a sickness bug. Please do not let this put you off booking as the whole complex is very impressive, the staff could do with some customer service skills and could do with having more than one person working the bars, but other than that I would definitely book again. Just make sure you take some immodium tablets as when I went to the nearby pharmacist he just rolled his eyes as if to say not another person! As I write I haven't heard anything back from First Choice regarding the 5 days loss of holiday."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of June 2012

Brilliant hotel brilliant holiday

Reviewed Thu 17th of May 2012

"I have 6 children under the age of 14 and we all had a fantastic holiday in the Flamingo Oasis. It was full of great entertainment, amazing food choices, beautiful pool and a fantastic surroundings. Yes the pool was cold for the first few days but as the sun got hotter the pool got warmer, if you are going to stay here in low season of course the pool gonna be cooler, if you want a warm pool then i suggest you go in Hi season. There was no bugs of illness when we were there and the place was near off full. The food was constant and had an amazing choice every morning through to midnight. Yes a few of the staff were a little moody but hey we are the ones on holiday they are just trying to earn a living. As for the coach trips i suggest you take a walk up the local town and book them there as they are better value then the Tour operators. i reccommend Around town just across the road. all in all we all had a fab time and will definatley go back to the Flamingo Oasis "

• Travel date: Wed 16th of May 2012

Hotels near Hotel Flamingo Oasis

Stayed at Hotel Flamingo Oasis? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Flamingo Oasis

• LMurphy by LMurphy

"Great fun something for everyone. "

• emma02 by emma02

"Benidorm with children is good if it does not rain. Would visit again as to much to explore. "

• "In need of a facelift. "

• Kaka by Kaka

"The beach is nice and i would highly recomend Terra Natura "

• val C by val C

"guedalest is wonderful, so are the citrus groves, go see them for yourself "

• terenchion by terenchion

"great for variety and shows "

• sunshinetime by sunshinetime

"A great holiday destination "

• sunshinetime by sunshinetime

"I personally stayed in the hotel alot as I loved it that much, however there is lots to do and see. "

• princess445 by princess445

"Go there it is fantastic (: "

• princess445 by princess445

"Terimtica and the water park ( cant remeber the name ) ? x "

• RachaelG by RachaelG

"Beach excellent with plenty of shops "

• RachaelG by RachaelG

"Mundomar was great for the children and the pizza shop opposite hotel good value for money "

• wrightyk01 by wrightyk01

"Mundomar is perfect for your little ones ! "

• club member by club member

"its a filthy dump!!!! "

• D Hector by D Hector

"Benidorm has a lot to offer everyone "

• Nettie by Nettie

"Watch out for stag and hen parties!!!!!!!!!! "

• kate by kate

"would defo go back nightlife great "

• silver surfers by silver surfers

"hard to find a fault superb "

• Paul A by Paul A

"Benidorm. Look no Further than Flamingo oasis "

• Big Geo by Big Geo

"look else where in benidorm "

Hotel Flamingo Oasis is also called