About Hotel Deloix Aqua Center

• indoor pool
  • kids club
  • rooftop pool

Good

Very modern, beautiful hotel in Benidorm!

Reviewed Tue 4th of February 2014

"Myself, partner, 2 kids age 10 and 4 stayed at Hotel Deloix late June-early July 2012. We stayed for 11 nights on half board. We enjoyed our stay, found the rooms and all of the public areas to be very clean. There was a good sized pool, an aqua center pool for kids and a heated indoor pool. The meals were buffet style and although we're fussy eaters, always managed to find something to suit us. The hotel is a bit of a walk into the main part of Benidorm (approx 30 mins), but its very close to Benidorm Palace, Mundomar and Aqualandia. My kids enjoyed going to the indoor kids club. Every night there was entertainment and dancing, however we didn't always wait to see it as we prefer to go out at nights. Would certainly recommend Hotel Deloix!"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of February 2014

lovely hotel, but poor meals

Reviewed Mon 2nd of April 2012

"I stayed at the hotel in March 2012, booked direct over the counter with them which was expensive compared to any booking you can make with Holiday Nights. As a single I wasnt charged the full double room, but approx 2/3rd. The room and facilities were lovely, regularly cleaned daily, fresh towels and shampoo etc. Only real problem was the food, there seemed to be a good selection, but it was poorly cooked, and often luke warm. I ate out on a number of occasions. Also the coffee making facilities was too slow, only one machine so queues formed. The staff were helpful. Drinks were very expensive, at meals and in the bar, considering how cheap drinks were outside the hotel in local bars. I would go self catering next time, there are so many places to eat and drink at very cheap prices and good value. This is basically a spanish hotel catering for spanish guests. At the weekends lunch was also provided because the spanish guests were in and the food improved. The pool is very nice and the indoor pool. Quiet location, but easily accessible to the town centre where the shops and other facilities including the beach are. Bus stop right outside which was very helpful. Internet facilities poor. Entertainment poor."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of April 2012

Comfy, Clean, n, Warm

Reviewed Mon 31st of October 2011

"My partner and i had a two week holiday at the De Loix Hotel in December 2010. Well to cut a long story short, We had a fantastic time,Food, Staff ,Rooms,All over package was amazing. I sometimes cannot get my head around some people's attitude, how they can call this hotel average is beyond me .Oh well thats up to them. All we can say say is try it ,you will be pleasantly surprised., And if you miss home try the little pub down the road,Yorkshire Owners, Sunday roast is Out of this world, and im a Cockney !."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of October 2011

best hotel i would go back again

Reviewed Mon 26th of September 2011

"i would recomend this hotel to all my family and friends its so very clean the staff are very friendly the food is ok its what you pay for and how many they caiter for i think its g

ood the pool area is a nice size and has sun all day long"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of September 2011

great hotel,terrible food

Reviewed Mon 10th of January 2011

"my wife and myself stayed at the hotel deloix for 2 weeks in november,the first time i have stayed so far from town,but the benefit is you dont get high rise buildings blocking out the sun,my first time at this hotel aswell,we was very pleased on arrival,very spacious inside and the rooms were great,lots of room and a big balcony,if you take young children with you they are ideal as the balcony is enlosed,the outdoor pool area was very relaxing and like i said earlier no high rise buildings spoiling sitting in the winter sun,we tried the indoor pool a few times,felt chilly though,bit better after swimming around for a bit,you have to wear a swimming cap when using the indoor pool,( they look ridiculous ) surprise surprise they happen to sell them at hotel,my only fault with the hotel deloix was the food,the first week the food wasnt to bad,there was always something to eat and the food was kept warm,the second week though was the worst food ive ever been served in a hotel,most nights it was cold and the choice was very poor,we even stopped eating the salad when i noticed the tongs for picking up your salad didnt have plates to put the tongs on and were put back on top of the food,now we all know that not everyone washes there hands after going to the loo they then use the food tongs and put them back into the food,not a pleasant thought and not very hygenic,if your thinking of going the the hotel delox then you should try it,go room only or bed and breakfast though and go to the top notch bar just down the road,if you leave the deloix and head towards town top notch is on your left before benidorm palace,the food there was lovely,very reasonable aswell,and you should try the sunday carvery,its delicious,the beer is only 1 euro a pint for estrella levante or 2 bottles for 1.50,there is caberat at weekends and you even get a free supper on friday after watching the show,we went to top notch most nights a lot of the people from the hotel did,everyone talks to each other and is friendly,so when you make a fool of yourself on the karaoke it dosnt seem so bad because your among friends,the sun terrace at top notch as to be one of the best in benidorm,dont take my word for it give it a try."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of January 2011

Very Relaxing, clean and spacious

Reviewed Mon 16th of August 2010

"Decided to have 2 nights in the hotel as a treat for my husband and I. We had to wait 2 hours for our room to be ready so walked down to Tropical Bar for a drink. Therefore missed lunch as our check in could not be processed.
Room was nice and clean and cool once you´d worked out the air conditioning. Hint, don´t open the sliding doors as air con turns itself off!! Very small fridge in room but enough to keep a few drinks cool which we bought from the supermarket down the road.
Food was nice and I read everywhere that the food was cold but we never found this. Food was always cooked fresh for you if you wanted it. Plenty of variety in salads and breads and deserts. Honestly you could have stuffed yourselves stupid on food. We thought it was great choice.
The pool was lovely although there was the daily scramble for sunbeds. Get to the pool at 10am when it opens and get your bed and you´ll be fine.
Indoor pool looked nice but never used it. Roof terrace adult only pool is closed on Monday and Tuesday the days we stayed!!
The hotel is quite a walk from Levante Beach but it´s do-able and we enjoyed stopping off at the indoor shops on the way down. Got a taxi home cost around 8Euros.
Would recommend the hotel without hesitation and are hoping to go back next year.

• Travel date: Mon 16th of August 2010

Thieving Liars - Stay Away!

Reviewed Mon 9th of August 2010

"Third day into my stay I booked a massage at the hotel spa. I had my handbag with me , which I put in the spa locker and kept the key round my wrist. However during the massage, the therapist removed the key from my wrist "for purpose of massage". After the massage she left me "to relax on my own for five minutes". By the time I got back up to my room, I realised my designer sunglasses and lipgloss were missing from my bag, which I clearly remember having before going down to the spa. I reported this to reception staff who refused to accept what I was saying: "I cannot believe a colleage of mine would do this". After several attempts to speak to the increasingly elusive manager, I was told by reception staff that he did not want to see me and the only thing I could do was report the matter to the police. The hotel point blank refused to investigate the matter and repeatedly told me to contact the police, which as they are no doubt aware, involves a 20 euro round trip to spend hours in the police station waiting for an interpretor to be treated with the same disregard as I was by the hotel staff. I am absolutely disgusted at this treatment in what is supposed to be a four star hotel and I hope that by posting my experience on here I can warn other prospective travellers not to visit here. Don't get me wrong, the staff were all perfectly pleasant up until this incident but the minute you have a problem with the hotel, they close ranks and swear your life away. DISGUSTING."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of July 2010

Holiday at Deloix

Reviewed Tue 20th of July 2010

"Just returned from a fortnights holiday at the Hotel Deloix in Benidorm. 26 June 2010. On arrival at 12.00 we were told our room would not be available until 2.30 so we had to hang around. The rooms are very spacious and clean, with maid service every day. The hotel is lovely, staff are friendly but the food is not good, not a lot of choice and if you are a fussy eater or a child then you will struggle as the choice was more suited for the Spanish. The food was luke warm, not very hot and seemed to be the same every night, pork or chicken with rice or chips. The indoor pool is great but hats are a must and you can buy these from hotel for 2.50 euros. The outdoor pool is big and there are plenty of sunbeds around the pool. The water is cold but in the heat once you are in you get used to it. The entertainment of an evening was more for children but they spoke spanish so hard to understand. Also activities during the day around the pool was spoken in spanish with broken english so hard to follow. The beach is half an hour walk from hotel and there is a bus that stops outside hotel every 15 minutes that goes to the centre. Benidorm Palace is a 5 minute walk from hotel and Aqualandia and Mundamar are a ten minute walk. I would not go back to this hotel only because of the food and also too far from the beach and shops for the children to walk, but was a lovely hotel and friendly staff."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of July 2010

just returned form deloix aqua

Reviewed Thu 16th of July 2009

"just returned from 14 sunny days in benidorm been loads before ist time we stayed in deloix aqua center
hotel itself was spottless
had to wait 21/2 hours for our room to be ready though
rooms were nice and spacious but found the storage minimum
only had 10 coat hangers and 6 small drawers
for a family of 4 with teenage kids was quite hard, clothes were lying everywhere.
maid was great in every day and even came back when we missed the alarm and overslept.
food wasnt great chips were cold a lot of the times not a great variety
some of the meats were still raw felt kids were not catered for out of 14 nights we had chicken nuggets twice that was it.
most of the staff in the dining room were very ignorant and arrogant
and you could tell they could not be bothered with you unless you were spanish then they were falling all over themselves .
had the feeling they did not like scottish or english guests
as on 4 occasions heard them speaking about different families including my own,
they didnt like it too much when i let them know i could understand spanish and knew what they were saying so they stayed away from us from the remainder off the holiday.
bar staff were great always smiling and could not do enough to help you
they are a great asset to the hotel.
on leaving the hotel we asked for a comments card or questionaire to leave a review
but were told they did not have any.
going back to benidorm again in october but will definately not be staying in the deloix aqua center again or recommending it to anyone
unless youre spanish of course!

• Travel date: Wed 15th of July 2009

Hotel Deloix

Reviewed Mon 13th of October 2008

"Our first time in Benidorm and we thought the hotel was good. The only exceptions were:-

Maid broke an ashtray in our room on the balcony and cleaned up all the large pieces but did not bother with the small pieces, in fact it was left like that for two days.

Reception was great and would help as much as they could until one day we asked if they booked transfers using "Resorthoppa.com" the chap behind the counter just bluntly said no and then walked off.

The staff in general were fantastic especially in the dining room, they talked to you when you arrive for breakfast dinner etc, and the head waiter showed you to your table. You are given a card when you arrive with meal times on and your room number which you have to show when going into the dining room. The dining room itself is located on the bottom floor near the revolving doors.

The hotel is located a little further out than most and thus if you do not like walking can be a bit of a bind. But saying that the bus stops outside the hotel on-route to Altea, you have to walk towards the center on the other side of the road to catch the bus into Benidorm centre but the cost is cheap at 1 euro 20 cents pp, and the same to Altea which is 13km away and worth a visit.

Overall our stay was good the food was great and varied and plenty to choose from, the entertainment was a little old for us so we went out down the road to one of the bars on the outskirts of town. For lunch try the Chinese restaurants as you can get a 5 course meal for around 5 euros and a buffet with a drink for 6 euros 50 cents..

If you are teens looking for a rowdy place look elsewhere as the majority of people stopping at the hotel tend to be the older generation or families..

If you are after peace n quiet and to be looked after this is the hotel, just remember it is a good 30 minutes walk to the beach or five minutes on the bus..

Internet is situated in the foyer by the revolving doors and costs 1 euro for 15 minutes but it is a quick connection, we booked our transfer on it and asked recepton to print it out for us which they did without hesitation you just need to have it sent to the hotels email address.

A large swimming pool outside which was very cold at this time of the year, but theyalso have a childrens area which is situated at the back of the hotel with aligators and slides etc. They also have a play area for the kids next to it with slides etc.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would go back... "

• Travel date: Sun 12th of October 2008

There is no word great enough for to des...

Reviewed Fri 12th of September 2008

"There is no word great enough for to describe this hotel the only one I can think of is Fantastic
I stayed for 10 nights in August and loved it and will differently go back
It’s nice and quiet and no rowdy groups a great mixture of family’s and couples
The pools are fantastic. A pool for everyone. From young to old and room for all. Never over crowded.
I hired a mobility scooter to get back and forth to town centre as I am disabled and this was great for me to get about on. Hotel about 10 minutes from beach. So have its benefits are its nice and quiet and it’s within a good walking distance to get to beach and all the great bars and shops
The hotel staff arranged this for me
The pools were completely assessable as you just had to walk down a short ramp into water
It also had a rail to hold onto to get in safely
The food is fantastic and yes at times it was busy but was always able to get a seat in resraunt with in 2 minutes and there was more than enough food to choose from and always was very well presented
Staffs was great
You can even get your Landry done for you. You do need to give them 24 hours to get it back to you
And 48 hours if you book it on a Saturday as they don’t offer service on a Sunday which is fair
The rooms are cleaned every day to a fantastic standard
The staff are all very nice and helpful
What is there not to like
I even felt I had to fill in the hotel survey to thank the staff
I did how ever make one request that they stock some kind of bitter at the bar as my friend only drinks beer i.e. john smiths or Tetley’s

• Travel date: Fri 12th of September 2008

Hotel was spotless but the food was a li...

Reviewed Tue 5th of August 2008

"Hotel was spotless but the food was a little disappointing. Wish I had gone room only then could have had a leisurely breakfast and more variety for my evening meal. Particularly as food prices in local bars were very reasonable. I am not usually hard to please but also thought the pool rules were a bit OTT. I bought my 10 year old son a large rubber ring to use in the pool only to discover no toys allowed in the pool and as the only other pool entertainment ie fountains and watersprays were in the indoor pool ,which was very hot ,particularly when wearing the compulsory bath caps and socks , was hard to keep my son entertained. Would not return again if only for this reason.
Having said that was a lovely ,comfortable place to stay and air con was a godsend.

Perhaps would be more suited to people without young families or older couples as very peaceful and relaxed.

Would return to that area of Benidorm but perhaps in a different hotel. "

• Travel date: Tue 5th of August 2008

Hotels near Hotel Deloix Aqua Center

Top traveller tips for Hotel Deloix Aqua Center

• katz35 by katz35

"great place always loads to do it can be relaxed or as busy as you wany to make it . great for kids "

• katz35 by katz35

"loved terra mitika and waterparks, guadalest is a must scenery is stunning loved the tourist bus too "

• Kie by Kie

"Lovely hotel, friendly staff, poor food, quiet location a bit out of the way. "

• conkaia by conkaia

"Dont leave your valuables unattended for a second! "

• Robinson2010 by Robinson2010

"Very Long Walk to the Beach "

• Gibbo by Gibbo

"Relax and Enjoy ,What more can we say "

• 54jo by 54jo

"plan your meal time well, if you go into the dining room at the wrong time the food is lukewarm. "

• Pauline S by Pauline S

"A low floor to avoid queuing for lifts. "

Hotel Deloix Aqua Center is also called