The Kids' Pool at the Gran Hotel Bali - Grupo Bali

• kids club

Good

Worst hotel for All Inclusive

Reviewed 4th June 2018

"This hotel should NOT be classed as a All Inclusive. Only things included are all cheap nasty brands. wine. Beer (this was ok) soft drinks. Always que for bar. Bar staff are quite rude. Everytime you ask for something on the menu be it food or drink they ask you to pay!! Hang on I'm All Inclusive... but so limited on what you can have. If your staying here you will be shocked at how much money you spend and your AI.. . Restaurant is like a canteen food just ok, good job there is bars etc just outside hotel to get decent food... rooms are very basic. Good note , Reception staff were friendly and check in fairly straight forward. There's not really many plus's for this hotel though im Afraid. I love Spain but would NEVER stay in this hotel again... hotel should be a 2/3 * not a 4*... Thumbs down I'm afraid 🖓 .."

• Travel date: 1st May 2018

Lastminute.com and Lowcostholidays Scam

Reviewed 10th August 2016

"Don't book with Lastminute.com because if their supplier goes bust they will wash their hands of you! Get on to your credit card company if you've booked with Lastminute.com and they've shifted you to Lowcostholidays! My holiday was cancelled by a company I'd never heard of going bankrupt. I booked flights, hotel and transfer through Last minute.com as they claim to be ATOL and ABTA protected. I paid on Lastminute.com's website, got Last minute.com letterhead all over the booking confirmation, got Lastminute.com on my visa card statement but Lastminute.com say they won't be doing anything and they will not be returning my money??!! Better still their travel insurance which I paid for includes cancellation cover but in the small print doesn't cover the cost of my holiday!! How is this even legal?? Hope Barclays Bank teach Lastminute.com a lesson when they squeeze my money back of this dubious company!! "

• Travel date: 30th July 2016

Lovely Hotel but rude obnoxious staff

Reviewed 28th June 2016

"We spent a week here recently and the hotel is stunning but has been left in the hands of the most awful staff. The reception staff are so rude and obnoxious. I waited for 20 minutes to have my room key deactivated whilst 1 was on the phone and another stood next to her. Staff seem very anti English and really do treat the English guests like rubbish. The only staff we came across that smiled and were friendly were the cleaners! It's a shame the other staff can't raise a smile and welcome the guests who are actually paying to stay there. The entertainment is Spanish orientated which I can understand as we are in Spain but they made no real effort for the non Spanish guests or children. The food was hit and miss. Some days it was good others it was cold and greasy. The pool was nice not sun beds were reserved so made it hard to find spare ones. The hotel needs to stop the sun bed hogging as they have signs around the pool saying any towels left will be removed but actually don't bother. Lots of guests were targeted by the dining staff about their clothing and told in a patronizing way that it was a 4 star hotel. Cold breakfast on departure day was a joke (milkshake, cake, biscuits and a pear) 4 star breakfast I think not! Bar staff quite rude when asked what was included in the 'all inclusive' All inclusive at this hotel is a joke! We won't be returning!"

• Travel date: 4th June 2016

happy customer

Reviewed 25th April 2016

"Just returned from a 4 day stay and arrived worried after reading the reviews but left very happy after an enjoyable time yes it was mainly elderly Spanish people but 99% of them could teach the visitors to their country how to behave. Our room was spacious and cleaned daily to a high standard the food was good if at sometimes cool but a minute in the ping machine soon sorted that out, we were on full board and were disappointed to find that a hot drink was only offered with the breakfast. The roof top visit costs 2.5 euro but you get a small beer or soft drink at the bar after so who can complain about that? The hotel is a5 minute walk from a lovely beach a 1.5 euro bus ride from Benidorm center with a good clean cheap bar the league close by, has BBC and I TV on the TV and is only let down by drunken Brits and other foreigners I forgot to mention that the WI- FI isn't spectacular "

• Travel date: 24th April 2016

The Grand Bali Is No Longer Grand

Reviewed 1st March 2016

"This is the 3rd year we have stayed at the Grand Hotel Bali and the standards from last year to this has slipped off the scale. I do not know how they have kept there 4 stars? The rooms although a bit dated was clean and tidy we were on the 29th floor and had excellent views of the Benidorm. However this is were the good stands stopped. The staff other than 2 where rude and ignored the British putting the Spanish Guests 1st. In the bar we were told we had to go to the end of the bar to be served which we did. Then the Spanish Guests would come in and go anywhere else along the bar and the bar personnel would stop serving us and go and serve them even though we had been waiting over 10 minuets. In the restaurant the hot food was almost cold even when you waited for new food to be brought out. And it was not very appetizing often using left over food from the previous meal to make a stew. Ice creams were semi frozen on a number of occasions so inedible and oranges were off. The salad was never fresh they mixed old with new so you had brown going off lettuce and soft manky tomatoes and cucumbers. The breakfasts were also cold and the bacon was only half cooked. hence to say we missed a lot of meals. Staff this year came to your table to asked you what you wanted to drink instead of you going to the bars in the restaurant yourself. BIG MISTAKE. Half of our meals on the evening we had almost finished before they came and asked if we wanted a drink. Again they went straight up and served the Spanish guests 1st. Even when we tried to catch the waiters eye we were ignored. If you want to go and stay here I recommend you eat and drink out or go with a Spanish friend. As I feel is you are Spanish you are well in. Also I would defiantly not visit here in the height of summer. If the service and food is this bad in Fed it will be horrendous in summer. Outside pool area needs a good tidy up it is faded and warn out the area looks dirty We won't be going back to Hotel Bali again. "

• Travel date: 27th February 2016

YES PLEASE AGAIN FOR ME NEXT YEAR

Reviewed 19th October 2015

"The Bali has definite seen better days , a bit out dated but 10 out of 10 for effort by most of the staff . some staff struggled with English himas i do with Spanish but that did not stop them from trying to help me booked my disabled scooter sorted out my return bus transfer and any other little problems i had simply wonderful considering they work about 15 hours a day and had done all season . I was impressed by the variety and care taken with the food , i read a review prior to going on holiday saying lunch was a toasted sandwich only and crisps . NOT TRUE !! Lunch was served in a lower dining room you took a lift to the bottom floor it was served exactly the same as in the main dining room . there is a games room opposite the hotel next to the swimming pool toasted sandwiches can be purchased or in all inclusive will be made fresh on request that is if you don't want a full lunch in the restaurant , my bedding was clean lovely white soft towels ,very clean bathroom and room .the house keeping let it down as the staff did not always clean the bathroom as i would have liked or the table on the balcony which was used daily .i found the did not speak English and were not Spanish or English .i found a handy bus stop at the side of the Bali to visit Benidorm and a taxi rank directly opposite , a few little bars and a Antastice market Tuesday and Saturday a ten minute walk beach and a fab market by the beach on Tuesday and Saturday ,all in all a wonderful holiday not for the club type folks .i am disabled this did not stop me enjoying the holiday . "

• Travel date: 19th October 2015

Terrible hotel !!!! Don't waste your money on it !

Reviewed 10th June 2015

"Well where do I start ? I stayed here in a party of 18 ladies . The first room we were given was terrible , no balcony, no view, no dressing table or mirror , no air con . We were eventually moved to a dingy 1st floor room with a balcony overlooking concrete pillars and it turned out no shower and no hot water !!!!! The staff couldn't have given a damn!! All the staff are rude , no smiles . Getting served at the bar could take 20 minutes due to only two staff and when they do serve you it's rudely and when I asked for two cocktails .... Well if looks could kill!! The food is cold and greasy , the tables uncleared and plates dirty. Honestly I'd never normally complain but this was a terrible hotel with a terrible attitude so my best advice is to stay away ."

• Travel date: 8th June 2015

The Not So Gran Hotel Bali

Reviewed 25th October 2013

"This was our 5th visit to Benidorm and decided on the Gran Bali for a change, having visited it 2 year ago we had been impressed by the entrance and reception area. Never judge a book by its cover certainly rings true on this occasion however. We were very disappointed to say the least, this should not be classed as a 4* hotel as it certainly doesn't meet those standards. Our room with balcony, on the 16th floor, had a lovely view over the Old and New town. It was a bit dated considering the hotel is not very old, we have had better 3*. The entertainment was poor, dancing to Spanish music every night is not what we expected. I have seen on other reviews, what do you expect, we are in Spain, glad to see the other hotels don't look at it the same way. Nothing for children. The food choices were fine at both breakfast and dinner, however it would have been so much more enjoyable if the food had been hot. They seemed to have a problem keeping the food hot and this was at the beginning of the meal when the food has not long been out the kitchen. A poor show. The restaurant staff were not very friendly, much to our surprise as we have always found the staff in our previous hotels very friendly, and were thin on the ground, maybe they were short staffed. As a hotel guest I certainly think we should have been entitled to see the view from the top floor, without the surcharge. On closer inspection the front of the hotel was not as clean and tidy as it appeared. The lovely blue carpet they have down the stairs could be hoovered or swept every morning, and the cigarette butts and empty packets in the lovely garden area need to be removed, these appear to be "small" issues, but if you are putting the hotel up as a 4* you should at least try to look the part. We never saw the large tiled area around reception mopped in the 7 days we were there. On a plus side the bedding and towels were changed every other day. The bay at Carrefour is a 5 min walk away and is very nice. Overall we were not impressed with Not So Gran Bali Hotel and will not be returning or advising anybody else to go there. But we will be returning to Benidorm next March and will be staying at a much nicer 3* hotel. "

• Travel date: 16th October 2013

Beware

Reviewed 23rd January 2013

"Spent Xmas 2012 in the Hotel Gran Bali,Benidorm.Very disappointing.We have had better fare in 3* hotels.Staff were ok,and the Xmas Gala Dinner was excellent. But the everyday food was average,as the rooms.The hotel is advertised as 4*,far from it!!.Free parking and WiFi as advertised had to be paid for,WiFi did not work and those who purchased it demanded thier money back. All Inclusive bar closed at 11pm,also long queues seemed to be the norm.Never agin,BEWARE!!.DT.Spain."

• Travel date: 23rd January 2013

Grand Bali Nightmare!!

Reviewed 11th September 2012

"Recently stayed in Grand Barli for a week booked with easy jet was told 5*...not on your life would not even rate it 1* Room not cleaned properly stains on floor all week. never dusted, hairs in the bath, you have to pay for everything including towels for around the pool, we where half board and never eat there food was awful,rude staff, we could see from our room the top of the water feature that was a shell with water falling down like a water fall inside was algi green thick moss birds were bathing in it and it was all going into swimming pool where people where swimming. It was there worst 4* hotel I have ever been in and I have been in alot. Around the pool area was so filthy the bottom of your bag could not be placed by you on the ground, alot of the sun beds where broken. I will most certainly for the first time try and get my money back. 11/09/12"

• Travel date: 11th September 2012

were to book this hotel

Reviewed 10th September 2012

"were can this hotel be booked cheapest i want to book online and save money i dont want to use the big websites that compare as the prices always are the same and need pay commissions"

• Travel date: 9th September 2012

AWFUL,RUDE IGNORANT STAFF,FOOD ABYSMAL..DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Reviewed 11th July 2012

"Staff need lessons in etiquette..If we made holidaymakers feel as unwelcome as this bunch of no hopers we would be out of a job!!Do not give your hard earned money to this hotel..i is not even a 2 star..dont be fooled by the facade..Food is awful..get better from Lidyl..NEVER AGAIN..BE WARNED!!"

• Travel date: 10th July 2012
  • ...

Hotels near Gran Hotel Bali - Grupo Bali

Top traveller tips for Gran Hotel Bali - Grupo Bali

• by DaveHatesLastMinuteCom

"Never book through Lastminute.com as they could use a cowboy firm "

• by Louisa N

"Get out and explore the area"

• by Billy G

"spend the £2 and go to the roof top great views and with a small beer great value"

• by Jenny A

"Hire a car and look are the beautiful surrounding area. Get out of the Hotel"

• by maryday9

"a visit to the beach and local market , a trip on the train bus round benidorm ,they play 60;s music on the head phones between information ..."

• by TommyP

"Try to keep the food hot."

• by Maria salter

"None as there isn't any...."

• by andy-aprilia

"Go tho Greece instead!!"

• by RFL

"Ge a new director and issue knives and forks where required."

• by Jo from Surrey

"go all inclusive.. Great value for money."

• by dissapointedmumof2

"dont go to the gran hotel bali, look elsewhere"

• by slow toaster

"ideal for quite beach holiday"

• by KINGSLEY

"This place is for the young"

• by paul farnsworth

"love benidorm but not here"

• by adder

"medievil night,water park,comedians,mundomar and the beach"

• by Mike2993

"Loads of beautiful towns to visit, only really if u hire a car. Even snowed in the mountains"

Gran Hotel Bali - Grupo Bali is also called

• Gran Hotel Bali
  • gran hotel benidorm
  • gran hotel bali benidorm