view from 6th floor room 6d

Disgusting kip

Reviewed 17th May 2018

"I recently went over to see my partner who was staying in this place and what I seen was disgusting she was in tears with absolutely no help from the management you could not swing a cat in this place dirty linen waking up in the morning by work men drilling at 7.30am asked for to be put in another room and more r less told if you don’t like it get out so we left and booked into another hotel I have never seen so unhelpful staff in all the time I’m traveling it’s one place I will never go back to so to sum it up in one word kip"

• Travel date: 1st May 2018

Great place to stay

Reviewed 28th June 2012

"I've just spent a week in the Trebol with my partner. I read the reviews before I went so didn't expect much, but what a pleasant surprise! The apartment was basic but very clean and spacious. Our room was on the 11th floor and we had a large balcony with great views of the sea/beach (plus lots of other hotels). The towels (small & thin) got changed after 3 days, the bed sheets didn't get changed and reception were happy to give me more toilet rolls when I asked for them. I cooked most days in the room & found the kitchen area/utensils adequate. I didn't see any ants, flies or any other insects in the whole week I was in Benidorm. The reception staff were very helpful and friendly. The pool area was nice and clean with free sunbeds and parasols. The Trebol is situated in a brilliant location right near all the bars, clubs, restaurants and it's only a short walk to the beach. The only downsides to the Trebol are there's no air-conditioning or fan and the beds are too squeeky/unsturdy - my partner's bed collapsed on the first night when he turned over (it was very funny). I would definitely stay in the Trebol again and would recommend it to anybody who's looking for something cheap and basic."

• Travel date: 28th June 2012

totally great for the money

Reviewed 31st October 2011

"my friend and i go to benidorm twice a year and always stay in these apts , they are absolutely top value for money , bright , spacious and CLEAN !!!!!!!!!!!! staff are totally polite and always have been , i dont know what some people want for the low cost they pay for trebol , maybe the hilton paris would be more up thier street lol . See you on the 12th nov trebol . Carolyn , warrington"

• Travel date: 30th October 2011

foul

Reviewed 23rd August 2011

"I have just read my sisters review (Kath) and would like to confirm how disgusted I was having to stay in these run down, stinking dirty appartments. The place was absolutely disgusting. When I asked for extra pillows I was shouted at and told to stop being so demanding. The ants were so bad on our last night (probably because the appartment had not been cleaned all week) that we slept in the lobby. The pool area was dirty and the sun loungers were like lying on concrete and they were also crawling with ants. The appartments smelt really vile, possibly because of the cigarette ends everywhere and the dogs mess that was on the stairs. One morning at 3am, the reception man decided to hose out the big bins. There were 13 of them!! As Kath said, there was no air conditioning so we had the doors open letting in all the noise from outside. This was not only made by people partying but by the staff who were working in the night. It didn't help that our room was on the forst floor right above the lobby area. I strongly advise that nobody stays here. Avoid it!!! I did not even want to give it a 1 out of 10. "

• Travel date: 18th August 2011

Warning!

Reviewed 10th August 2011

"What a disgusting place. We arrived at the appartments at 12 in the evening. We had no towels and no sheets and had to ask at reception. The whole esperience got worse. There where millions of ants in the appartment and i got bitten to death. NO AIR CONDITIONING. We left the doors open to get air but did not have one good nights sleep because of all of the noise. The rooms were never cleaned and there was poo, cigarette ash and other things on the stairs inside the hotel. There was also glass in the pool. The reception staff were also very very rude. I would not recommend this place to anyone. It was stinking!!!!"

• Travel date: 8th August 2011

good location

Reviewed 18th July 2011

"just got back today 15/7/2011, the hotel itself was basic but clean,they only change the sheets once a week a so if your only going for a week you only get 1 set, they allso change the towels once a week,had 2 toilet rolls to last us all week and the rubbish from room wasn,t taken away all week,had trouble sleeping with the heat and noisey guests coming in at all hours but the staff were strick with them,thats the down side,location ideal for shops bars and restaurants bang outside the front door,best food we found were the yorkshire pride (right out of hotel and right again,past charles bar and you,ll come 2 it on ur left) and the union jack,went to old town a couple of times,would have preferred it there,bit quieter with us being in our 40,s"

• Travel date: 15th July 2011

I got what i payed for with a excellent location to boot!!

Reviewed 19th April 2011

"This apartment, on the 2nd floor, was basic but clean. The furniture was well used,the walls/ceilings looked like that they had been white emulsioned recently, there was 2 or 3 cracked floor tiles but none anywhere were missing. Ample storage space for clothes etc. but there was only 2 of us, if 4 adults are occupying, it might be a squeeze. The bathroom was o/k in general apart from the hot water turning to luke warm half way through the 2nd person taking a shower. In general this apartment block gave me the impression that it is well used by hen/stag parties. It was very clean with all kitchen amenities/utensils present. It has an excellent location, central to all that Benidorm has to offer. For what i payed for the week, it had to be value for money. The maid attended once during the week to change the towels only. We emptied our own rubbish bin and told we had to replenish our own toilet rolls when we asked for some at reception. "

• Travel date: 16th April 2011

a lovely place to stay

Reviewed 14th July 2010

"after staying at trebol with my boyfriend i recommended the appartments to my grandparents. knowing they were a 'fussy' couple about where they stay i dont do this very often, however, in recommending trebol i knew i was in safe hands. the appartments are lovely and clean in an idyllic location - just metres away from the beach and nightlife. the apartments have a decent sized balcony with sea views and a swimming pool ideal for keeping cool. the maid service was good, with towels changed half way through the week and cleaning done around the room to keep it neat. on return my grandparents had excellent reviews about trebol also. this is deffinately a place to stay and i would definately go back again. dont listen to any bad reviews, the place is lovely! "

• Travel date: 5th July 2010

Not too bad!

Reviewed 24th March 2010

"Myself and 3 other girls went in August 2009. Seeing as though I like to read reviews thought i'd return the favour. I would rate these apartments as a 2 star. When we arrived there was a vile smell which turned out to be the gas cooker which had been left on..which wasn't the best start. Apart from that and being surrounded by groups of spanish lads, who we woke upto peering through our balcony window..it was what we paid for. It did seem to be 50/50 british people to spanish people on their jollys. But it was a cracking atmosphere and as a young person who doesn't mind people singing milan footie songs at midnight I would probably go back. Wouldn't recommend it to families with small kids..just because some of the guests can get quite loud. I rated it 7 because you get what you pay for and the location was spot on! "

• Travel date: 24th March 2010

ok for the price n location

Reviewed 19th October 2009

"right in the centre near all the bars n clubs no need for taxis,clean apartments but very old lots of ants on work tops so watch out if ur cooking dont leave anything out.!!maids dont cum in all week so u need to buy toliet roll an u dont get any clean towels.but we ad a goodtime apart from mi mum getting her bag robbed off the beach theres lot pick pockets, n watch out for the gypsies on the streets they try con you.."

• Travel date: 18th October 2009

these appartments offered every thing ou...

Reviewed 28th September 2008

"these appartments offered every thing our family holiday needed 11 people went and we had 3 rooms the towels were changed every couple of days and the sheets twice a week the staff were very helpful and friendly and everything was to hand the reviews i read before we went really worried me but after a 2 week stress free wonderful holiday i will have no problem booking there again cheap clean and basic what more could you ask for a really good holiday was had by all "

• Travel date: 28th September 2008

very basic!

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"We booked the hotel as a package deal so were expecting 4 beds in 2 bedrooms. When we got there there was only 2 beds and a pull out setee meant for kids! i slept on the pull out for the 1st night but had about 2 hours sleep because it was so uncomfortable. the matress was just foam and i could feel the wooden slats on my back! I was also too tall for the bed and kept hitting my head and fet on the wooden arm rests! The rep was not there when it said she was there so we rang a number and complained. The rep come and said a matress would come that night and she would investigate whether we could get another room so me and my sister could have a bed to sleep in. It was 3 nights until a matress arrived and we were told we would not get a room because the beds were adequate for adults to sleep on! Other than the sofa bed fiasco we had a nice large balcony and my parents bedroom was ok but one of the beds was broke so if you sat at the bottom you fell off! The kitchen had a kettle that you have to put on a gas hob and didnt even have a toaster! It had an electric oven that we had no idea how to work, we tried every possibility but it just didnt even get hot. There was no tv as well which was wierd, it rained for 5 days while we were there so we had to spend a lot of time in the apartment. The maids didnt clean the room once while we were there, they didnt even make the beds! although we got fresh towells every other day. The location is brillient but because of this it was quite noisy at night (we were on the second floor) The beach is close and so are bars and clubs. I would reccomend this for a long weekend but not a fortnight!"

• Travel date: 23rd June 2008

Hotels near El Trebol

Top traveller tips for El Trebol

• by dawn mayman

"love the beach n bars in the square.."

• by dawn mayman

"its great,but be careful u dont get robbed.."

• by Tina B

"Take your own towels."

• by chewchewchewins

"Get out of the hotel as much as you can and go to the Hotel Presidente across the road."

• by nipper

"mainly for younger people"

• "Use it as a base to sleep, whilst enjoying the delights of Benidorm itself."

• by Carolyn

"remember you get what you pay for and stop moaning"

• by Lisa P

"The sea is full of rocks so buy some jelly shoes!!!"

El Trebol is also called

• el trebol benidorm
  • el trebol hotel benidorm