Dynastic Hotel

Av l'Atmella de Mar 15, 03503 Benidorm Spain

Good

nice clean hotel but.....

"hotel was lovely nice and clean food good for the first week second week average but bar staff and restaurant staff were downright rude and bad mannered who understood what they wanted to. Advertised as having entertainment but the entertainment was all for the spainish residents. We booked an all inclusive holiday thinking all our food,drink and entertainment was paid for but found that we had to go out every night because hotel did not cater for the british holiday makers.Love Benidorm but wont be recommending the Dynasic to any of my friends and family."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of July 2007

The truth

Good

"My wife and i stayed at his hotel for a week from the 3rd of July.We had booked a all inclusive package our 1st all inclusive.

We arrived at the hotel at approximately 1.30pm.Before our drop by coach we had dropped another 2 parties off at other hotels in benidorm i forget there names.I must say that the front reception area of the DYNASTIC is very smart and i was quite confident when we heard all of the mumbles of the other passengers on board saying how good it looked as we trooped off to check in.The reception desk staff were excellent and had us booked in and located to our room on the 4th floor of the smaller block in no time at all.We were each giving a card which acts as a key to get into your room and a electricity card in your room as well as your all inclusive card.While i was booking in i requested a safety deposit box which was also no problem at a cost of approx 21 euros for a week and you get 10 euros back on return of the key.

As mentioned earlier the reception indicated that we were in the smaller block.This hotel has 2 blocks.One with approx 8 floors and the other with approx 19.There are two internal lifts for each block and 2 external lifts for each block.The external lifts are all made of glass and give a exceptional view.You must take the glass lift to the top of the big block if you are not scared of heights.At first glance we were very impressed by the hotel and how clean it seemed to be.On entry to our room we were also pleasantly surprised to see how clean it was.Although it was quite small it was only for the 2 of us and had great views looking onto another hotel,s pool and to the mountains.The room also had a TV and fridge all you need really at a all inclusive hotel.As i mentioned the room was not as big as i had thought but it did look like there were bigger rooms available for families maybe 2 bedrooms i don't know.

Breakfast is served between 8am and 10am and there are no staff to greet you at the door unlike lunch and tea so you just walk straight in.The selection is huge.All food is buffet style in other words help yourselves.This applies to all sittings.Breakfast had everything for all nationalities from full English to chocolate donaughts serial toast,croissants and wait for it CAVIAR (not for me) you name it they had it...A special mention to the black pudding.WOW... Lunch was served between 1pm to 3.30pm.You are greeted at the door and asked your room number.My wife would go and find a table and i would go direct to the bar in the restaurant and order a large jug of water and a large jug of beer all you had to do was hand over your all inclusive card they would swipe it on the till and away you go. Lunch and Tea had everything.They had approx 8 to 10 minimum main dishes you could choose from and that did not include all of the salads,breads,cheese as well as a huge sweet and pudding bar..Tea was served between the hours of 8pm to 10pm and was also exceptional.Go to the bar and get a bottle white wine sweet with your meal lovely.Between the hours of 10am to 12 noon and 4pm to 6pm and 10pm to 12 midnight you can also go back for a snack which included hot dogs,burgers,chicken nuggets cheese,ham,tomato toasties which you make yourself chips and pizza.At no time whatsoever did we feel that the food was cold.There is a microwave available beside the breads to use but in our whole week there we did not see anyone using it.

The pool area has 2 pools a child and toddlers pool and a larger pool.There were plenty of beds as far as i could see,if anything was a problem it was maybe the lack of umbrellas and the space that was available for the beds.This did not affect us much as i was a early riser and had no problem getting a fine spot.Unfortunately the usual does apply where a certain type will come down early morning and reserve the bed,s with there towels and you will not see them again till noon (You know who u r ).

..For me and we did not have kids with us we will never book a holiday that is not all inclusive ever again.You may pay slightly more regarding the holiday but believe me the amount you will save especially if you have kids with you will be unbelievable.We really did not spend a penny during the day.

From 10am in the morning to 12 midnight all drink ( locally produced, if you want a brand name like Smirnoff ect you pay extra ) is free.The beer they serve in the hotel was AMSTEL OR BUDWEISER cider is STRONGBOW and being a vodka drinker myself there locally produced is okay.Coffee and teas are also available at the bar if required.For the kids all soft drinks and ice poles,slush and ice cream,s were available at all times as well as various snacks mentioned earlier.

The entertainment.Now this is the very interesting part.When in Spain i expect that a lot of the entertainment may be Spanish based.In the hotel i would have said that there was probably 50% British,35% Spanish and approx 15% other nationalities.The staff i must say are 1st class at what they do and to me it looked like the worked there **** off to keep the guests happy.The problem we had was that most of the Shows,games and other activities seemed to be conducted in Spanish with very little English.
Now this may be a ploy by the hotel so that you do not sit all night up to midnight drinking the all inclusive free drink in the hope that you may go elsewhere where the entertainment is slightly better.For us this would not have been a problem but if you have Kids this somewhat limits what you can do and that seemed to be a shame.Once again i must say that the staff cannot be at fault for this as they did try there best but maybe the authorities in ivory towers need to have a good look at themselves and the the entertainment programme.

The hotel is very well located approx 2 min walk to the start off the shops - approx 10 min walk to the beach fron levante side - approx 15 mins to the square,that,s where all the action happens at night.We also spent a few nights in the older parts of town i would say in the centre in between the 2 beaches this was great mixing with the locals sitting in a cafe and watching the world go by ..I must say apart from that we had a great holiday and as usual benidorm is bonkers.Magic.I cant wait to get back next year.............."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of July 2007

Ideal Location

Good

"Having enjoyed a great holiday here last year,we decided to return this year.
It's an ideal location for shops,beach,buses,and the market
The rooms as always were excellent, cleaned every day, great air conditoning and great sized.
However other things sadly were not so good.
The food was extremely repetitive and by day 6 ,I was bored of the same choices.
The bar staff definitely give preference to Spanish guests which is so unfair,probably because they were more aggressive if they didn't get served right away.I did not notice this last year.
Also the behaviour of some Spanish young men in the pool was so agressive and nothing was one by the pool attendants
The activities for males is very good with regular pool games, archery,target shooting table tennis and snooker.
The entertainment at night reamins the same - non existant unless you call the guests doing their party piece entertainment,
Would I go again, only if All Inclusive was not avaiable elsewhere."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of July 2007

Its OK - But wouldnt go back

"The hotel is lovely, very clean and the rooms are of a good size with spacious bathroom. All the towels and bedding was changed daily. The spa is also very nice I can advise you to use it and also take advantage the the massage (very relaxing I felt on top of the world. As for the pool area what can I say, more like a 2* not a 4*.
The hotels entertainment was horrible we were all inclusive, and to go out on a night. The food is ok, if you like a full English breakfast DON'T go. The bacon was rubbery, sausages uncooked, the other breakfast items where excellent lots of fruit and different choices of bread and croissant. When it came to main meals there was always something to eat as I am a fussy eater, but I did get board of the same things each time. So we ate out a few times.
The hotel is aimed more for the Spanish clientele, but when in Spain! You will that the locals get served at the bar first.
I would recommend this hotel, if you don't mind eating the same food each day, waiting for a drink, but be warmed if you want a sun bed you have to be open for 730am. Which may be earlier when the Spanish are on holiday as they use this hotel a lot.
Dont forget your holidays are what you make them!"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of July 2007

Shoudy

"This was my first time in the country and i expected better than what i got. The outside was great, rooms were cleaned everyday but,.When i book a trip to an all inclusive i expected better food and snacks,and better dining and liquor. The day we cked in went ok,but that nite i walked into a lounge and got a look like i was an idiot coming in to get water.. The bartender seemed to be making fun of me and my friend for doing so...That went on all the time i was there,they didnt really want to wait on us english and if a spainard walked up u waited longer to get a drink...The cafeteria is how i describe where we ate,granted nice tables set with dinnerware and silverware but it looked like a cafteria instead of a fancy dining room...The waitstaff were rude and crude...If u want to run a hotel with different nationalities then u should teach ur staff how to be curtisous and helpful ,ive never seen such abuse of guest in a hotel...I would not recommend this place to anyone... ..I was here for 2wks from may..6-20"

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of July 2007

Dont go!! Waste of time and money

"Good bits - Room spacious and cleaned daily . Food ok but a gets bit boring as your holiday goes on. Not 4* food.
Bad Bits - Dynastic Hotel is not a 4* it is a 3* at a push. Lots of stag parties getting drunk at 10am till 12am, running amok around the pool sides, stag parties jumping in the pools whether there is kids there are not, also running around naked at the poolside, something any decent person would not like to see, never mind children.
Broken sunbeds and parasols left all around the pool sides, sunbeds are also very dirty and old and never cleaned. I saw the pools getting cleaned twice in 10 days. Broken metal fencing by the childrens pool held up by wire attached to parasol bases (very dangerous). Bar staff arrogant and unfriendly , with up to a 10 minute wait even if there is only 2 people in front. Reception staff unfriendly, they cannot be bothered with anybody.
Snacks atrocious chips, burgers and sausages which are cold.
This hotel has no holiday atmosphere and is very stressful. It is more of an 18-30s hotel. Do not waste your money and time here.
Also if you have a late departure your all inclusive ends at 12pm and you have to pay for food and drink."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of June 2007

brilliant! but......

Good

"it was my first holiday with my boyfriend,and i loved it, the food was gorgeous and you cant go wrong with gettin the all inclusive!!
it would be a perfect place for people who would be into their drink,cause all is free..thats why the place is packed with hen nights and stags..they made it a bit noisey for us tho, the jacuzzi was dirty too, inside place is v. clean,but staff can be a bit rude! it was around a 10 min walk to the beach. but hide everything in your safe in the room,because when we came back one day,my expensive sunglasses were broken,along with other things..but id def return!!"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of June 2007

Dynastic definately fantastic !

"Have just returned from the Dynastic on a three night break. I was with a group of 5 friends, all women. ( Just fancied a break, it wasn't a hen party ).
The hotel rooms were clean, large, and bathroom was also large with seperate bath and shower. Maid service every day with clean towels.
Could not fault the food at all, we upgraded to an all-inclusive basis which was well worth it. ( Cheaper to upgrade on arrival ).
There was an abundance of choice on the food front, and never found the hot food 'cold'. ( As mentioned in other reviews )
The location of the hotel is also perfect. Only a short walk away from the promenade, shops and nightlife.
We found a real mix of people at the hotel, yes there were a few groups of single sex parties, but also there were families and couples.
The pool and its area was kept clean, but be quick with the sunbeds ! Brits abroad syndrome kicks in with towels already placed by 9am ! Very annoying, especially as a lot of these people didn't wander down to their sunbeds until 1130am !
Would visit the hotel again, i cannot find anything to dislike about the hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of June 2007

was ok

Good

"i was there in november for my 40 th birthday with the girls but went in may with hubby feel that it is a hotel for stag and hen partys"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of May 2007

do not go here

"Date: may 8 2007
Reviewer: A TripAdvisor Member, dundee UK
We have just returned from a week at the dynastic park hotel.This hotel is absolutely awful and we have never experienced such terrible service before. It was so bad that you had to reheat all your food in a microwave. The bar service tends to favour the spanish and the bar is far too small for a hotel this size. Also if you want entertained forget it. This was the worst so called entertainment i have ever seen in any hotel i have visited.This hotel does not deserve its 4 star rating more like 3 star and thats being generous.Also a note of caution, if you book the all inclusive package beware it ends at exactly 12 noon on your day of departure. The only saving grace for this hotel is the rooms."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of May 2007

just came back from staying in the Dynastic

"It was just a rubbish hotel with ignorant staff, food was always cold,it was easier to see a ghost than the director, yes we where all inclusive the so called superior rooms were a joke all travel agents should take this hotel off there books it should be classed as a 1 star, 2 max,, I am a chef so I do know about food and the way it should be cooked,"

• Travel date: Wed 20th of January 2016

An EXPENSIVE Christmas and New Year from Hell

"On arrival I was given a room with a lumpy mattress and only after 3 days, and asking to see the manager, did I get a change of room. If I didn't ask to see the manager about the change of room, I wouldn't have been given a new room. The receptionists were not helpful at all.

The food was greasy, cold and tasteless. All the food was done on the cheap, and I had to heat everything up in the microwave - which didn't work very well at all.

The indoor swimming pool itself was OK, but changing area and the disabled showers were very dirty and dark. There was no seat in the shower, and the shower head didn't fit into the fixed holder and so it sprayed over my head.

The entertainment area was much too small for the size of hotel and could not get a seat. There were seats available in the Piano bar upstairs, but right outside the bar was the children's play area and all you could hear were children screaming all the time.

The hotel tailored all their entertainment for the Spanish, and there was a large number over Christmas and New Year. The noise was unbearable from the Spanish holiday makers, even though there were signs in the Hotel asking guests politely to be quiet and to consider other guests.

One of the guests decided to have a poo in the lift, which a woman with a pram walked through - disgusting.

My holiday was £1200 which was wasted, as I have had better food, service and accommodation from a 2 star hotel.

• Travel date: Sun 16th of February 2014

Hotels near Dynastic Hotel

Stayed at Dynastic Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Dynastic Hotel

• smifff by smifff

"If you can get over the high rise then you'll be okay. "

• "try it out for yourselves ignore bad reviews. "

• taraethan by taraethan

"nice little town, getting expensive with the euro so Bad! "

• "there is alot to choose from in benidorm. "

• "terra mitica, sticky vicky, aqua natura. "

• nicola hunt by nicola hunt

"nice friendly relaxed place, loads of old age pensioners "

• clara k by clara k

"The airport to come home "

• fullonfox by fullonfox

"benidorm its self is great dont go to the dynastic "

• fullonfox by fullonfox

"the old town has very good restaurants "

• donna by donna

"beaches mountains dolphin shows "

• bassy25 by bassy25

"aqua park and zoo is a must "

• michael by michael

"Great hotel, great food, great rooms, poor entertainment "

• Dawn by Dawn

"Only for a cheap week away - no frills "

• truck by truck

"Benidorm is great, this hotel is not! "

• kerry by kerry

"loved benidorm, will definatly be returning! "

• LindaHouse by LindaHouse

"Definately don't go there "

• ELLIE 'B' by ELLIE 'B'

"Dont Go You Will be Disappointed "

• anthony by anthony

"go out and ask around, ask members of staff for tips on where to go. "

• lotteland by lotteland

"go oout and about to look for entertainment "

• butterdscone by butterdscone

"entertainment, night clubs realy it is a ideal holiday for all ages "

Dynastic Hotel is also called