Good

Do not book through teletext holidays

Reviewed Wed 16th of September 2015

"I was a loyal customer of teletext - I have booked 5 holidays with Teletext amounting to a spending total of around £2950 from October 2013-present.

The way I have been treated by Teletext regarding my most recent holiday is absolutely appalling. I have been nothing but stressed since originally booking the holiday on the 28th June 2015.

Below is a list of all the issues we encountered before and during our disappointing holiday:

· Myself and my 3 friends booked a weekend break for my friend's birthday. We had an original spending budget of £200 per person - which I believe is quite reasonable for a self catering 2 night holiday. We found the deal on their website for £200 per person, staying in residential Casanova - Benidorm, so we phoned to book. After speaking to Jessica, one of the agents for over an hour and a half - she advised that the price had gone up to £260 per person. As it was only £60 more than we originally budgeted for and the cheapest deal you had we decided to book it.

· We paid £150 deposit each and Jessica told us the final payment was due on the 31st August 2015. The hotel was advertised as being in Benidorm and Jessica said it was in Benidorm so I trusted her. About a month after booking I decided to look up the hotel. After doing some research I found out that the hotel is in Calpe which is a 45 minute drive from Benidorm. I then called up one of the agents (I can't remember his name as I have spoken to so many different people - I had difficulty understanding him as I have with all agents.) The agent asked me for an extra £17 per person to change the hotel to Pierre en Vacances in Benidorm new town. I refused to pay this as I wasn't willing to spend money on something that wasn't my fault. The agent then said that he would listen to my original phone call and call me back within 48 hours. 72 hours later I still hadn't received a phone call as promised so called the agent back. The person I spoke to then said that no one had listened to the call and changed his story 5 minutes later to say that someone had listened to the call and that we specifically asked to be in Calpe. This is untrue. I go to Benidorm twice a year and would never ask to stay 45 minutes away from the town.

· The agent said he would call back in 24 hours - again, I did not receive the promised call. I seem to have spent the past 2 months being lied to by Teletext and hanging around waiting for a phone call that never happens.

· I had to call teletext again to resolve the hotel issue as no one had contacted me. This time, Pierre and Vacances was full and the only other hotel available was the Don Jorge hotel - the agent asked for £39 per person to change the hotel. Again, I refused to pay this as the price had doubled and I shouldn't have been paying for something that wasn't my fault. I explained to the agent I wasn't willing to pay and he said he'd speak to his supervisor and call me within the next 24 hours - of course, again, a lie. I didn't receive a phone call. I then received a letter from Teletext on the 21st August - dated the 20th August stating that they had tried to contact me numerous times and my payment was overdue. If I didn't pay the full amount by 4pm on the 21st then my holiday would be cancelled. I received this letter at 5pm on the 21st so was under the impression my holiday had been cancelled.

· As mentioned above, Jessica told us on the day we booked our holiday that we didn't have to pay the outstanding balance until the 31st August 2015. The statement "we have tried contacting you numerous times" is insulting and upsetting. They had my phone number, address and email address and not once did I hear anything from anyone at Teletext.

· I instructed my solicitor to make contact with them as I was at breaking point. In his email he stated that the issue with our hotel needed rectifying within 72 hours. He didn't receive any form of contact and I will be instructing him again to make contact. He has never had a reply to his e-mail.

· As I was worried about the holiday getting cancelled I took a loan out to pay for the remaining balance as none of the passengers had funds until the 31st August. I was fed up of arguing and spending so much time on the phone to teletext so in the end paid £39 per person to change the hotel to Don Jorge. I wasn't happy about paying for a mistake that I hadn't made but paid it to save myself from having any further distress.

· The agent explained that he would send me a conformation email (to state the hotel change) within 24 hours. I did not receive this email. I called 24 hours later to ask for the email. I was again promised it would be sent within 24 hours. I did not receive this email. I checked my junk folder each time. 72 hours later I called again to ask for a conformation email of the hotel and was promised it would get sent that day. I did not receive this email.

· I took to Facebook to express my concerns. An agent Mindy commented on my post and said she would call me the next morning. I did not receive this phone call. I commented on the post saying I had not received a call so another agent Dan called me around midday. This was the first time since booking the holiday that I had received any type of communication from Teletext. Dan explained to me that the original hotel - Residential Casanova had never been cancelled and that we had to pay 27% of the final cost to Residencial Casanova as a late cancellation charge. Of course I was furious about this and refused to pay. Dan said he would look into my case and call me back within 3 hours. I never received this phone call.

· On the 7th September - 4 days before my departure date I received a conformation email stating that I was staying in "Residential Casanova Don Jorge." This is the two hotel names merged together so didn't clarify which hotel we were staying in. By this point I was well and truly fed up of calling Teletext. Luckily, my friend speaks Spanish so he was able to call Don Jorge hotel and confirm we were staying there.

· Because of the despicable way I had been treated by Teletext, I did not have high hopes about this holiday. What was supposed to be a relaxing weekend birthday break away turned into a stressful, nerve wracking and disastrous holiday from start to finish.

· On arrival at the Don Jorge we had an hour long wait to get seen to check in. The hotel is advertised on the website as 3* and I do not believe it deserves this rating. During our stay the water shut off twice, the electricity cut out three times and the draining system in the shower didn't work. As you were taking a shower, the bath was filling up with dirty water. Don Jorge is a self catering apartment with no kettle, no toaster and an oven that didn't switch on. We had to pay a €20 deposit for a hair dryer - we had to walk for ten minutes just to get the hairdryer from their sister hotel, Palm Beach. The room was advertised as a 4 person room. The bedroom had 2 single beds and the living room had a sofa bed with no bedding. Both nights two of us had to sleep on a sofa fit for one child with no duvet or pillow. We weren't able to report this to reception as the reception was constantly closed. And as we were only away for 2 nights we didn't want to spend our whole holiday complaining. We were told by other guests that if we wanted another 2 single beds we would have to pay €180.

· On the morning of our departure date we wanted to check out but no one was at reception. We waited an hour for a receptionist who then tried to charge us €80 for a late checkout. We refused to pay.

· We asked the receptionist the time and pick up point of our transfers. She didn't have our name on the list so I contacted Holiday Taxis at 12pm. Holiday taxis told me that they would be there at 12 midnight on the 14th September to take us for our flight at 2am. I have no idea where they got this information from as by 12am on the 14th September we were in Bristol.

· Our flight was at 22.10 so we were expecting a transfer at around 7pm. Holiday taxis then made us aware that because we were giving them less than 24 hours notice we were unable to change the time of our transfer. They told us to contact teletext. At 12.30pm I made a phone call to teletext. By 17.15 the issue was partly resolved. I did not imagine the last day of my holiday to be spent inside a stuffy hotel reception for 5 hours on the phone to numerous agents. I was advised that as holiday taxis couldn't help us I should pay for the taxi to the airport myself and claim the money back once I'd got home. As it was our last day we had run out of money.

· We had paid for the transfers upfront so weren't expecting to have to pay any extra. None of us took credit cards with us so our friends and family at home couldn't send us money. A taxi from Don Jorge to Alicante airport was €75 and we could not get this money at such short notice. I even resorted to asking guests around the pool for €1 each to try and gather money together. This was highly embarrassing and insulting and we still couldn't gather any money. Angus was highly unhelpful and kept me on hold for hours on end. His only suggestion was to pay for a taxi and I kept explaining to him that we couldn't get the money and he told us he couldn't help. After being on the phone for 4 and a half hours I had a panic attack in the middle of the reception area in front of many guests. This was discomforting and mortifying and not how I envisioned spending my last day in Benidorm.

· We paid £180 for a private taxi transfer as I suffer from claustrophobia and travel sickness and cannot travel via coach. Angus told us he was sending a private taxi to pick us up at 18.15. The transfer arrived and it was a coach - not what I paid £180 for but got on the coach anyway as there was no other way of us getting to the airport in time for our flight.

From the booking date to present day I have experienced nothing but stress, worry and trouble. I wish we never booked this holiday. Holidays, for me, are meant to be a time to run away from daily stress and relax without concern. I have come back feeling worked up and anxious.

I booked a short break away to get away from stress and because of your inept approach from the outset I did not get that. I am awaiting an immediate reply from Teletext and would advise all customers to re consider before giving your hard earned money to this disgusting excuse for a company. "

• Travel date: Mon 14th of September 2015

Worst Holiday we've ever!! had

Reviewed Mon 29th of June 2015

"There is not one good positive remark to describe the Holiday apart from meeting some very nice people and how lovely the Hotel Taxi drivers were. You really need a head for heights to appreciate the views and lots of energy to navigate the very steep steps leading up to the building not to mention the fact of how far it is from the main streets ...plus you have to be vigilante to dodge all the dogs mess on pavements that never seem to be cleaned. The apartments were not cleaned in all of our 14 night stay just some towels and toilet rolls left on the 2 times that we had a bed change....as for the beds it was impossible to get any sleep on the most uncomfortable mattresses ...we had to use the pull out settee which was only slightly better....The noise was unbearable between the trundling of the 3 lifts and continuous door slamming and high pitched shrieking from all the Stags and Hens that were in abundance in most of the rooms.... plus no chance to get some much needed sleep in the day as right next to our Building was a Digger/Drill working from 9am til 7pm Monday to Friday.I could go on but I think you get the fact that we will not be returning to Benidorm ... such a shame when I expect there is some really lovely places to stay but this Visit has totally put us off completely. "

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of June 2015

Would Not Reccomend At All.

Reviewed Fri 25th of October 2013

"Didn't know this hotel had no bar or reception , Had to go 2 Palm Beach Hotel for everything which wasn't ideal with an older & younger Person when having to track up and down hills, only found out about the buses 2 days before departure! Bar staff In Palm Beach were sour , Unhelpful and rude! Not a good experience , The view from top of hotel was stunning ! Especially at night time! Room was big and had all things you would need for self catering If your staying ask about the bus times to town & Beach as the hill is awful..
If your not all inclusive its dear and they don't serve food to self catering."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of October 2013

Great Apartments

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"Stayed at the Don Jorge apartments for 5 nights from the 13th of Sept. Originally booked into the Palm Beach half board but they had been over booked by Thomas Cook so they asked if we were happy to stay in the brand new don jorge apartments next door but still eat in the palm beach. Apartments are fantastically clean, great appliances in room kitchen has all utensils you need. Washing machine, ironing board in seprate room, living area with televison, bedroom a good size and a massive balcony with furniture. The apartments have their own pool but we didn't use it, very quiet when we were there so if you wanted could have the pool to yourself! The food in the plam beach was great, u are hard to please if you find fault. Staff are really helpful and very well organised! Would deifnately go back. Only problem being is the hill up to the hotel as it is a bit out of the way. They do provide a free bus to the beach which is handy. Taxi is approximately 6 euros from the town centre back up. ONE THING I WILL SAY PLEASE TAKE NOTE, WE WERE STOPPED BY A IRISH WOMAN IN THE STREET WITH FREE SCRATCH CARDS SAYING SHE WORKED FOR THOMAS COOK AND THAT IF WE WON A PRIZE ALL WE NEEDED TO DO WAS GO TO THEIR LOCAL OFFICE PICK UP A BROCHURE AND CLAIM OUR FREE PRIZE! DON'T DO IT!!! ITS A SCAM A BIT LIKE A TIME SHARE THEY WANT 90 MINUTES OF YOUR TIME FOR THIS THING THEY ARE TRYING TO SELL, WE WENT AND AFTER 30 MINUTES MY BOYFRIEND TOLD THEM WE WEREN'T INTERESTED AND THEY TURNED ON US! FELT SORRY FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE THE BOTTLE TO DO THAT ESPECIALLY THE ELDERLY WHO THEY SEEMED TO TARGET WHEN WE WERE THERE AS A LOT OF PEOPLE COMING IN WERE OLDER. PLEASE PLEASE DON'T GO! ITS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY IF YOU ARE DAFT ENOUGH TO SIGN UP TO IT, I HAVE HEARD ITS £95 JOINING FEE AND THEN MORE THAN £500 A YEAR!!! SORRY FOR CAPS BUT I REALLY CAN'T STRESS ENOUGH NOT TO GO! apart from that tho, Great Trip would go back!! :)"

• Travel date: Fri 25th of September 2009

Brilliant new family apartments owned by palm beach, stunning

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"I booked the Don Jorge apartments through travel rebublic for 10 nights and what can i say but amazing. I believe i am the first person to write a review, i looked for reviews before i left but as they are so new there were not any.
I have been to Benidorm about 12 times (im only 28) and these are the best apartments ever. These apartments are owned by the Palm beach and you can get a 1 bedroom that sleeps 4 or a 2 that sleeps up to 6. I had the 1 bedroom apartment which was very spacious, everything was brand new i had to take the wrappers of everything, there was a washing machine (best thing they could have put in there with 2 kids), iorning board, iron coffee maker etc and the biggest balcony i have ever had. The apartments are very high quality, more like a hotel with sc facilities. The apartments are so secure you pick up the keys from the Palm beach then once at the apartments you get a key to get in the front gate then one for the bottom door, and then the apartment, there is also a camera phone in the apartment. There is a receptionist on from 10 in the morning till 2 in the afternoon but if you needed anything then you could just phone or go across to the palm beach. The maids came twice per week with towels, bedlinen etc, never had to ask for any there was always plenty. The biggest surprise was that it had 2 swimming pools, one big one and a toddlers ( it doesnt say anywhere that it had one) we went to the palm beach pool in the morning to early afternoon then went to our pool at the don jorge in the afternoon. When you arrive you have to pay a 100 euro refundble deposit. We recieved free tickets from the palm beach for aqualandia and mundamar(which was an offer they did with them being new, its an offer for all this year i think) which saved us about 150 euros, we had to ask at reception for them because they dont just give you them you have to tell them and they check on the computer. We walked to aqualandia and mundamar (they are right next to each other) from the apartments and it took 10 minutes. There is alot of talk about the hill leading up to the apartments and hotels, but we are a family of 28, 38, 10 and 7 and we never even got out of breath, i was dreading it before i got there after reading all the reviews about it. ok it wouldnt be good if you had walking difficulties but fine for everyone else. We had a trip to terra mitica we have been many times, but i forgot how expensive it is 35 erous for an adult and 30 i think for a child best to get your buy one get one free tickets from ebay for about 1 pound or you can wait till you arrive and see if mcdonalds are giving them out in there happy meals.
Now onto palm beach, well it is lovley, so clean and well kept, the pool is lovley and it didnt matter what time you got there there was always plenty beds for everyone ( which i have also never experienced in benidorm) so that was brilliant. We never tried the meals but you can pay a little extra and go full board. We also never stayed in for the entertainment.
These apartments and hotel are fantastic for families, especially those who cannot sleep more than 4 in a room (which is the problem i face every year as i usually have my 3 kids with me) no hotel sleeps more than 4 per room, so these are fantastic you get all the benefits of a spacious apatrtment but all the facilities of a hotel.
Well done palm beach, im away now to book up for next year."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of July 2009

Hotels near Don Jorge Apartamentos

Top traveller tips for Don Jorge Apartamentos

• deekeats by deekeats

"Stay all inclusive in palm beach.. Take Full Advantage of Bus! "

• caitlinbaglow by caitlinbaglow

"Take your own hairdryer and kettle! "

Don Jorge Apartamentos is also called