Fantastic!!!!!

Reviewed Wed 16th of September 2009

"I have just returned from an Amazing 3 night Girly weekend with 4 others. After reading the reviews before we went I was a litle unsure of what to expect but I should not of worried. The accomodation was excellent, 5 of us stayed in the one room and there was more than enough space and also a large balcony which we did not expect! The food was basic but nice and there was something to suit everyone, you can use both the tropicana suites or the Magic Rock which is a 2 minutes stroll and the food was fine in both. The staff were more than friendly and helpful and bar facilities were great.
The Hotel is a about a 15-20 min walk from the main square but we got taxis each night and between us it was only a euro or 2 each and was a blessing (especially with us all in high heels)!!
I would definitely return here again and recommend the hotel to anyone, especially groups, singles and couples alike.
The only thing to remember is that they take a deposit on check in which is returned to you once you check out, we paid 150 euros between us but at least we had something to spend on duty free!
Do not listen to all the bad reviews, our holiday was far more than what we expected."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of September 2009

Great!

Reviewed Fri 12th of December 2008

"Had read a lot of bad reviews for these apartments, ok its not the Ritz, but then your not paying the Ritz price. We payed just over 60 Euros for 2 nights accommodation and for 4 people, that was great! - were expecting the worst. What a pleasant surprise we had.

Hotel receptionist friendly, room clean, clean bedding, clean apartment. No faults whatsovever.

The apartments were close to the evening nightlife where we wanted to be but it wasn't noisy when trying to sleep.

Short walk to beach.

If you have a problem with hills, then these are on a slight hill.

We will definately be using these apartments again in the future and would recommend them to anyone who wants reasonable priced accommodation.

• Travel date: Fri 12th of December 2008

Myself, my husband and our three childre...

Reviewed Fri 6th of June 2008

"Myself, my husband and our three children stayed in these apartments and we were very pleased when we arrived as from reading all the reviews i expected a dump! Our room was very clean, large and spacious, the maid came in every day and cleaned and brought clean towels!
The indoor and outdoor pools were great. There was not any entertainment on that i saw, however as we were all inclusive we spent most of our time at the magic rock gardens which was great for the kids they had clubs for them where they could play on the playstations and wii, they played different outdoor games all day long such as:rifle shooting, archery and many more, they had magic workshops and had a mini disco and different entertainment on at night!
The restaurant isnt very good at these apartment as you dont get much of a choice but the reception staff told us when we got there that the magic rock gardens has a much larger variety, the food there was brilliant!
Overall i found these apartments very nice and satisfactory!

Nikki x"

• Travel date: Fri 6th of June 2008

myself and my friend stayed at this hote...

Reviewed Fri 28th of March 2008

"myself and my friend stayed at this hotel assuming we would be able to have our meals in our hotel this was not to be the case as we soon found out. we had to go to the magic rock gardens for our meals which i think was ridiculous we should of been made aware of this when we booked as under no circumstances would i of been staying here the food at the magic rock and also the cristal park which we could use was disgusting the worst i have ever had on a all inclusive holiday we ate all our meals out and i think that as we were all inclusive this was a waste of money. we will never ever stay here again and as i love benidorm this is a real shame we will always be staying self catering and as myself and my familygo here to benidorm every year this will be a hotel we will never ever stay at again. we also couldn't flush the toilet as it wouldn't flush so we had to fill a bucket with water to flush it what a utter disgrace we will be staying at the parasio 10 in benidorm all the time as these are well kept and you can even get fed in your apartments at the small but well kept restaurant.so i advise people if they are going here in the months of january to may to check the details of there holiday details with a fine toothed comb as the magic tropicana suites does not meet with any ones standards as you can't eat here as the kitchen is closed and you also have to pay for certain drinks also which was not stated in the holiday details it said all drinks all day were included in the all inclusive price in future i will still be going to benidorm but never in a milion years would i ever stay here."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of March 2008

Just a warning, for any future guest sta...

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2007

"Just a warning, for any future guest staying at these two sister hotels in Benidorm.

I recently had a short stay in the Tropicana Suites and had an awful experience whilst there.

As a frequent traveller to Spain and Europe, I have stayed in many hotels some good and some not so good. However this hotel ranks as the worst I have ever had the misfortune to endure.

They failed in all request to deal with day to day issues, and were clearly just a buffer between guest and management. This resulted in guest having to suffer the frustration of raising issues and not getting any results.

In my case for the whole of the four days during my stay, there was no room cleaner, no clean towels provided, and the for 3 days no hot water throughout the whole hotel. Basic requirements for a comfortable stay, not luxuries requested for pampering.

This may have been rectified by now but it was hard to see how papering over the cracks would solve what were some major problems, a whole change of management and attitude was clearly required.

I hope for future guest this isn’t the case, we all know it's hard to accept low standards, when we travel a long way for rest and recuperation."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of November 2007

If you want your children to have a good...

Reviewed Wed 8th of August 2007

"If you want your children to have a good time, don't stay at these apartments. The manager is very unwelcoming and arrogant and we felt he came across as a bully to children. He doesn't like to see them having a good time. He stands around all day watching them. Also the restaurant is bad, the food is always cold and the entertainment is absolutely rubbish. "

• Travel date: Wed 8th of August 2007

I and around 20 of my friends stayed her...

Reviewed Thu 10th of May 2007

"I and around 20 of my friends stayed here for my hen party in March 06.

The apartments were basic but clean, the indoor pool looked dirty and we didn’t go in the outdoor pool as the weather wasn’t that good.

The apartments are ideal if you want a cheap and cheerful holiday, were your not expecting too much.

Put it one way, is was perfect for what we went for.

The hotel was quiet when we went, and there was hardly any staff working. The bar only opened at around 8pm, with 1 barman, but the man on reception was lovely.

Overall not bad for a group holiday, but personally I wouldn’t take my family and kids there."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of May 2007

The apartment was clean and and we expec...

Reviewed Wed 13th of December 2006

"The apartment was clean and and we expected two twin rooms but one twin room was the living area. The TV only received BBC1 and Sky news although it says Sky TV.

The indoor pool was good, used the jacuzzi but had to wait for it to heat up.

Our biggest problem being four 60 year olds, was going to the other hotel for meals. We didn't know about this, it wasn't mentioned when we booked and was a shock, the hill nearly finished us off.

The food was very good, great choice, friendly staff and no complaints at all.

A great all round place if you are fit and can cope up the hills."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of December 2006

When we arrived at TRS we were very disa...

Reviewed Sat 2nd of September 2006

"When we arrived at TRS we were very disappointed, our room was dirty, we had to clean out the bath ourselves before we could use it! There were tiles missing from the bathroom exposing big holes in the walls and sharp tile edges, we hadn't planned to cook which was a good thing as the kitchen was dirty and inadequate. We were on the fifth floor, neither the balcony door lock or the window locks worked which I think is dangerous as we have a 2 year old, so I had to push the table against the balcony door and wouldn't let anyone near the windows, therefore the room was very hot!! Although the (so called) air conditioning was on all the time it made no difference. The rooms were sort of cleaned every day and towels changed regularly.

There is an indoor and outside pool, the indoor pool was a strange green colour when we arrived and was hardly ever used. 3 days into our holiday notices went up to say that both pools were to be shut for 5 days to be cleaned; this is during the height of the season! We soon understood why, when the indoor pool was cleaned and filled it was crystal clear there was writing at the bottom that you could not see before, thankfully my children hadn't swam in it before and none of us used the pools for the rest of our stay. There is also an indoor jacuzzi, which had no water in it but it was filled with everyone’s rubbish.

The only saving grace for our holiday was The magic rock gardens, the sister hotel is a short walk away and was everything we expected for a 3 star all inclusive, we only used the TRS to shower and sleep and had a really lovely holiday. My advice would be to stay in the Magic Rock Gardens and steer well clear of Tropicana Rock Suites.

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of September 2006

Myself, my partner and our 3 children vi...

Reviewed Sun 27th of August 2006

"Myself, my partner and our 3 children visited this place and found it fab, kids were 1, 2 and 13. We found everything great, food rooms and the other hotels.

No problems for us, only the hill with having 2 single pushchairs it was a bit rough on your legs.

But can’t have put us off too much. We’re going back again in 4 days (31st August 06) with another 8 members on the family..... Can’t wait."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of August 2006

Hotels near Benidorm Celebrations

Top traveller tips for Benidorm Celebrations

• benidormfan by benidormfan

"La Plaza - very close to hotel, friendly, great food. Nightlife is fab; Stardust, Morgans Tavern etc "

• leastap01 by leastap01

"the main square is definitley the place to be at night, Cafe Benidorm is the main hot spot! "

Benidorm Celebrations is also called