The appartments and setting

Reviewed Sun 19th of October 2008

"Could not fault this hotel, basic but everything you need and not too expensive either.. also a five min walk from the beach and 2 mins from all the nice restaurants and bars... you will have to visit the CARIBBEAN BREEZER as its the best bar out there.. karaoke bar... errol the man who runs it with his wife angie.. absolutley amazing people! xx"

• Travel date: Sun 19th of October 2008

Having been to Roquetas a number of time...

Reviewed Tue 16th of September 2008

"Having been to Roquetas a number of times before usually staying at Hotel PlayaSol we were taking our baby son with us for the first time so thought it better to go self catering. These apartments are also part of the Playa chain ( Senator) so we thought would be of a decent standard or at least clean. How wrong we were. The apartments are big but are so tired and run down and Im sorry but they were filthy. On our first night as we were settling our baby in for the evening a huge bang sounded and then gallons ( Im not kidding here) flooded the apartment . Turns out this can be a regular thing as the boliers are so worn. We were moved straight away to next door but what I found amazing is the tank were all this water came from is right above the fridge and cooker so I couldnt believe that 24 hrs later they moved people in there ( they didnt change those appliances which was a disgrace and so dangerous) We also had no hot water and I had spent a few good hrs scrubbing the place to make it a little cleaner. These apts really should be closed ( as is the hotel next to it full of graffiti nice view!) and either knocked down or completly overhauled. My advice to families: Dont stay there go to Playa Luna or Arena Centre instead."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of September 2008

We have stayed in El Minarete for the la...

Reviewed Sat 30th of August 2008

"We have stayed in El Minarete for the last two years and cannot fault it. The apartments are spotless, the complex pristine and the staff very friendly. Roquetas is a wonderful place, perfect for young children and adults alike. Discover the Spanish tapas bars in the quieter part of town as well as the great choice of eating places in the centre.

• Travel date: Sat 30th of August 2008

Holidayed in roquetas for fifth time, an...

Reviewed Fri 11th of April 2008

"Holidayed in roquetas for fifth time, and this was first time at minarette appts
Very clean, adequately furnished, and considering on a main road down to the sea,
they were relatively quiet.
Lovely grassy surrounded pool area with large picturesque pool.
Our appt had small well kept garden area with terrace , dining furniture and sun beds.
Note that there is no bar at thes appts, but soft drinks can be obtained from reception.
Regarding roquetas itself, make a point of visiting bar oasis at top end of urbanisation.
Superb selection of free tapas , and also good quality reasonably priced main meals.
Theos bar for great atmosphere where karaoke , cabaret evenings and good music
combine to create a superb party carnival evening."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of April 2008

Myself and my family had a lovely 10 day...

Reviewed Fri 31st of August 2007

"Myself and my family had a lovely 10 days at the El Minarette apartments. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the place was soooo clean and well maintained.

It was walking distance to the beach and to all the local shops and restaurants. I have been to many places in Spain and I preferred it here. I will be going back for the 3rd time, but it will be the 2nd time for El Minarette. WELL DONE"

• Travel date: Fri 31st of August 2007

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the El M...

Reviewed Sat 30th of April 2005

"I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the El Minarete apartments in Roquetas de Mar, and cannot fault either the complex or the resort.

The apartment was extremely comfortable and well equipped, and the complex was always spotlessly clean and well maintained. The swimming pool has recently been refurbished and the sunbeds and towels were available free of charge and there was a lovely area of grass to sunbathe on. My apartment came with its own secluded roof top solarium which was totally private and allowed me to sunbathe all day without being overlooked. There was even a shower up there to cool off!

There were plenty of supermarkets, shops, bars and restaurants all within a few minutes walk, and the lovely sandy beach was only 10 mins away.

The resort is still very Spanish and hasn’t been taken over by the tourists. The atmosphere is very laid back and relaxed and I particularly enjoyed spending many evenings sitting outside the local tapas bars, making the most of the free snacks, which come with each beer ordered!

I cannot think of any reason not to go back to the resort - gorgeous weather, friendly people, lots to do, lovely beaches - and will definitely be returning to the El Minarate apartments."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of April 2005