Apartamentos Best Pueblo Indalo

Paseo del Mediterraneo 233, 04638 Mojacar Spain

Security Issues

Reviewed 1 month ago

"Just back from 2 weeks with my family in this hotel. First week we were one of 6 apartments broken into during the afternoon, they gained access through the small kitchen window and with ease, removed the door from the safe and took all our money and jewellery. My kids were in a state of shock and crying as the Jet2 rep took pictures of the break in. As my wife went to reception and tried to speak with the management of the hotel, she felt as though this kind of thing happened before, which it had! The hotel bumped us up to all inclusive, but my kids did not like the food, which was no better than the food in my staff canteen. As we sat in a Spanish canteen, while all our friends were eating out in fancy restaurants and enjoying the holiday we should of had, never once did a member of the hotel staff come to us and asked us if we were ok, they simply washed there hands of us. My wife had to beg the Jet2 rep for €50 to get a taxi alone to the police station in the next town as we had nothing. For the remainder of the holiday all we did was row with the hotel management and Jet2 reps for answers and help which we never received."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2018

20 years of staying here ! a definitive report

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"we have stayed at the Puablo Indalo (and once at the 'Indalo Hotel') for 20 years or more. A few years ago we noticed a sharp decine it the state of the complex, a rep told us the this was because of new ownership, the guy who built the place had died. (can't confirm this of course) the resort is now rather shabby as well, it is ideal for a family holiday if you have small kids or young teenagers. The entertainment is usually good for this type of cheap holiday (don't pay too much !) The secondary beds are not up too much, there are many steep slopes and stairs in parts of the complex. Out side cheap eating - best at Los Amigos, worst place to eat -Garrucha, the fishing town just up the coast, a rip off !!!! MUST SEE is Mini Hollywood, (hire a car - much cheaper than the coach trip, buy a local map) -Old Mojacar at night
the local bus shuttles up to the old villiage, up and down the sea front and to and from Garrucha,it does not run during siesta -use the blue bus for Vera market, but ask what time the last bus returns (before siesta)- ask reception for bus times and market day. there is a smaller market at old Mohacar, down the steep slope where the bus turns round. You can not get lost here as all streets return to the square.There are other old film sets to see if you have a car, a good one just before Mini Hollywood and one futher on, its where 'Once upon a time in the west ' was filmed, but not much to see at that one. Almeria (prononced 'al maria' the mirror, in Arabic, not almairia as most reps mispronounce it) is worth a visit for big shops and the castle. Walt Disney was born in Old Mojacar ! There are many worse places in Spain to visit, you will enjoy it if you get out and about, don't forget Mini Hollywood, Easwoods spaggetti westwerns were shot here and Indiana Jones and more, its in the only area of desert in Europe !
Dont go mid summer, temps of 120 degrees common !"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of April 2008

Great holiday

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"My boyfriend and I decided to go to Mojacar as we like to go to places which are not necessarily catered for the English, and you will find there are a lot of spanish families which go there. We found the staff on arrival quite pleasant, and even though we booked a 1 bed apartment we ended up with 2 bedrooms! The apartment was plesant enough but the location of our room wasn't the best. It was quite a treck up a lot of steps which was sometimes annoying. The grounds were lovely - lots of green space and a couple of pools.

The resort itself is quite spread out - you will always find plenty of space on the beach. The better part of the beach was if you turn right out of the apartments and head down the coast. The best part of the holiday were the beach bars, which sometimes are a bit hidden away (Tito's is a good one, behind a Thai resturant and opposite a fantastic steak house). There are also excellent beach bars if you turn left out of the apartments and walk about 10 mins or so - perfect nights sitting on the beach in candle light sipping cocktails!

I would recommend hiring a car during your holiday so you can drive up to the town of Mojaca - fantasitc views and restuarants and a lovely atmosphere at night. It was nice to stroll through the cobbled streets and soak up the traditional feel of the resort."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of December 2007

So-So

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"The apartments were basic.
The staff were openly hostile, especially to English speaking customers.
The nightly entertainment was geared towards a Spanish audience - we felt left out.
The supermarket on the site was never open but there was one just outside the complex.
There was no ATM on site.
There was very little organized entertainment during the day for kids.
Mojacar itself is nice. Quiet, but with some nice restaurants.
Also, the beach was fantastic and we enjoyed the local Irish bar!"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of December 2007

Some Good, Some OK, Some Disappointing

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"When researching this hotel, I found that there were very few "reliable" reviews that I trusted. It only seemed sensible that on my return from there I should write my own, as comprehensive as possible, review so that others may benefit.
Ok. My girlfriend and I stayed at the Pueblo Indalo in Mojacar Playa for the first week of October. We got an extremely good deal for a half board stay, so before we even got there we felt we didn't have much to complain about. And that feeling remained pretty much throughout the holiday. Access to most of the rooms seemed to involve some sort of stairway, as well as the climb of the wide stairway from the reception and central plaza - and as I didn't see any lifts, I imagine that disabled guests could well have a tough time of it here. Our first impressions of the walkways and communal areas were impressions we maintained throughout the week; stairways were often littered with cigarette butts and in some of the communal access areas to the rooms we saw other items of refuse that were clearly the contents of someone's bin....yoghurt pots, discarded fruit etc - and they stayed in the same place the entire week - noone cleared it up. Also for 3 days there was a laundry sack of dirty towels that had been dumped by the cleaners on the terrace outside our room. Overall they were ok, just a little scruffy in places. The gardens were mostly well kept and both the swimming pools were also, though not being heated, they turned chilly when the sun went behind the mountains.
The reception staff were helpful and in good time we were allocated a small apartment overlooking the pool and gardens. Although it was furnished with basic requirements, it was tidy and in reasonable order. The kitchenette (which were suprised about being given as we were half board) was roomy enough to prepare meals and had a good fridge and all the crockery, pans and utensils needed. However there was no kettle or toaster. No matter, we had breakfast included - which I'll get to later.....The A/C unit didn't function, but seeing as it was not blisteringly hot, I didn't feel the need to mention it......though the catch on the sliding window/door to the small terrace was broken and would have allowed anyone to break in had we not noticed. We told reception and it was fixed the same day. I suppose we felt that room security was not especially tight, but saying that we did not feel in an unsafe or threatening environment at any time. The tv worked fine but only had one English channel - CNN - suffice it to say we caught up on World News that week.The beds were made daily as were bins emptied. As there were only 2 of us, and not a family of 5, we didn't need huge amounts of fresh towels.....but the cleaners seemed content to supply us with clean ones (in Spanish "las toallas colinas") when we asked for them. But that was just the point, hardly anyone spoke English...anywhere....we had to muddle through a few times....most notably on a day trip to Granada to see the Alhambra Gardens....(that's another story). But seeing as most of the hotel guests were Spanish (and middle aged), I suppose we only expect Spanish to be spoken. When the weekend arrived, I think a load of them came down from Madrid or wherever, and suddenly the place became a LOT noisier - all day long they would jabber incessantly, each one trying to be louder than the next. There were quite a lot of very young children too, and it seemed wherever you were in the large complex, you were never out of earshot of a baby screaming the place down (shudder). When it came to going into the restaurant for meals, it was like a ZOO....comgestion, impatience, pushing and shoving...and oh yeah...so much NOISE. It has to be said that meal times were not the most romantic. To us it was more like a cafe, one that we were inclined to get in and get in ASAP......one of the most frustrating aspects of it is when you arrive to the eating hall, you have no allocated table...so you have to scout around for an empty one and when you eventually find one, sometimes have to clear the plates and leftovers from the previous occupier!! The staff did try their best the clear the tables as and when but they were clearly overworked. And so to the food - on the whole....repetitve and unhealthy. I wouldn't go as far to complain; there were a lot of mouths to feed and they did their best I'm sure......we ate breakfast there daily, but after the 4th night we went out for meals as there were some very nice, well located restaurants within a short walk of the hotel. And none of them were expensive. We especially liked Da Vinci pizzeria which is close by. In fact it was easy to eat and drink cheaply pretty much everywhere. We rented a brand new Ford Fiesta from Sol Mar rentals (also very cheaply) and drove around to some of the excellent local beaches. Didn't think much of the beach across the road to the hotel, seemed a bit dirty to me - and there was the ubiquitous litter and fag butts scattered on the fringes of it. Our advice would be to branch out to some of the beaches north and south of Mojacar; especially Playa de los Muertos which is just south of Carboneras in the Cabo de Gata park......I honestly never knew that beaches in the Med were of that high quality. One word of warning - many of the beaches are nudist areas, of course it's not compulsory and noone minds if you wear your costumes, but if you think you might be offended, you may prefer to stay away.....you have been warned hee hee!
Parking was no problem for us (although in peak season it may be more difficult) there was a beach-type car park directly across the road to the hotel that was completely free. We we also delighted to see there was a Subway sandwich bar practically next door, run by a family from Yorkshire, which we visited several times. Apart from that I would imagine that Mojacar is not nearly as 'Little Britain" as some of the other popular Spanish resorts in the direction of say, Malaga. All in it was very enjoyable, and I would certainly recommend early October as a good time to visit.....excellent weather that's not too hot, not terribly crowded (jabbering Spanish women aside) and VERY VERY good value....I'm sure the hotel prefers to be full...so they give out these cheap deals. Works for me, I intend to go back. But to the Pueblo Indalo?.......mmmmmmmm perhaps I'll see what else is on offer first. Happy Trails....hope I answered some traveller's question."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of October 2007

Something different

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Stayed for a week in June.The complex was around 80% Spanish holiday makers.who were full board and most stayed around the pool areas making it quite noisy and not relaxing.There is a large entertainment square surrounded by the shops,bar,pub,restaurant,games rooms ect,very well laid out.The queues for the retaurant were very long so I am glad we went self catering.The apartment was very basic( no kettle,toaster, microwave) but was very clean and the air conditioning was very good.No maid service until the day before we were going home(did not see the point in that)although we were left plenty of towels.The evening entertainment started around 8-45pm with a kids disco which I thought was a bit late so we did not bother staying for that. The resort itself was quite nice a good selection of places to eat and although we are not usualy drawn to English bars we did dine at the Blue lagoon a few times.Good home cooked dishes and a fantastic breakfast. The beach across the road was fabulous a little buisy in the morning but very quiet and relaxing in the afternoon.It has a breakwater creating a safe area for children on the right of the beach.If you love a good beach(uncrowded) and you dont mind basic accommodation then I would recomend the Pueblo Indalo for its good location.Other places we ate at were Lance restaurant 5mins to the right,Chineses 100yrds yo the left and if you crave a burger then go to Don Brguessa turn left and it is on the right after the roundabout you will love it and only order one portion of fries you get loads.I really enjoyed this holiday,felt like it offered something different to other places we have been."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of September 2007

Fantastic

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We have stayed at the peublo indalo every year for the past 5 years, our 12 year old daughter loves it. it is so relaxing, the apartments are very spacious the staff are excellent. it is really family orientated which i love, lots to do i cant fault it, i would highly recommend it"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of September 2007

Hotel Indalo / Benghal Palace

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Hotel Indalo for 11nights in May of this year and had a very nice holiday. Our room overlooked the gardens at the side of the hotel, as requested, and gave us a lovely view of the sea and mountains. The staff are friendly and helpful and the food is good with a good variety of dishes - something for everyone. We will definitely go back.
Unfortunately, like another reviewer, we also visited the Benghal Palace, so called Indian restaurant. As lovers of Indian food I can only say we were totally disappointed. No way could this be described as authentic Indian food. It really was awful, probably the worst we have had. There is another Indian restaurant nearby but we did not have time to try it, but definitely give the Benghal Palace a miss."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of August 2007

the beach ans sea were great

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Stayed here with 2 teenagers, it was very busy, alot of spanish holiday makers.
We did not really stay at the complex, but there seemed plenty of things to do, with entertainment every night which was ok from the odd bit we saw.
We tended to eat out in the evenings even though we booked half board. The food was not inspiring and maybe self catering would have suited us better.
The children preferred to go to the beach which was ideally placed across the road and heaven!
The rooms were clean, serviceable but basic.
We did not pay the earth for our holiday travelling with Jet2.com.
The staff were friendly enough and the towels were changed every day as was bedding as required and rooms cleaned every day if you required.
There was a supermarket on site, but it only opens in high season, we were told mojacar gets very busy in main season (school hols)
There was a small supermarket just a 2 min walk from hotel, and an english supermarket 5 mins drive away."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of July 2007

Disappointing!

Reviewed Fri 22nd of May 2015

"The apartment was bright and clean as it had just been renovated. We booked an all inclusive weeks' break and was surprised that we didn't even have teabags in our room to make a morning cuppa. The beds were basically camp beds and we had rips in our sheets. The food was excellent albeit repetitive but the meal times were based on Spanish meal times which are very different to ours and very inconvenient if you wanted an evening out elsewhere. We found the attitude to the all inclusive guests not just ourselves by staff left alot to be desired. We felt discriminated upon and received a lesser service. Also the attitude of staff was very dismissive, we never got a smile, neither did other UK guests we observed. The seats were all plastic and none had padded seat cushions which made sitting for any length of time unbearably uncomfortable and the sun loungers had no padded cushion either. You tried to relax straight on the plastic loungers, which resulted in bruises on my ribs and shoulder blades. All answers to our comments were met by 'the season has not properly started yet, there are still a few weeks to prepare'. The location was great and that's about all! "

• Travel date: Thu 21st of May 2015

Noisy locals

Reviewed Thu 29th of August 2013

"Overall our stay here was good however the Spanish guests who do stop there really do have to set an example and not embarrass themselves with there behavior.

Rolling in drunk singing and shouting the the small hours of the morning, getting their children to got to the toilet in the proper places, i.e not down the drains or in the pool.

Also policing of the sunbeds would be nice, as a towel would stay on a bed all day and only be collected in the evening after the guest had not used it all day.

The Hotel staff though do work hard and are nice."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of August 2013

just back from pueblo indalo

Reviewed Fri 6th of July 2012

"We are just back from there. On the whole had a great time my young son esp enjoyed the beach which is safe and only across the road,We mostly stayed up in the smaller swimming pool as it was quieter than the main pool. It was a bit too busy at the weekends my partner was kept awake with the parties but hotel security were present.The food was good i loved trying new tastes.The kids were less happy and breakfast could be trying as it was so busy .Our room was clean and comfortable we had a lovely view.The staff were great but bar staff could be off putting.At night my son really loved the mini disco we could relax and watch him dance.My teenage daughter was bored but that was more her age than anything ."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of July 2012

Hotels near Apartamentos Best Pueblo Indalo

Stayed at Apartamentos Best Pueblo Indalo? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Apartamentos Best Pueblo Indalo

• Thekop by Thekop

"Bars on kitchen windows. Helpful hotel staff and Jet2 reps. Understanding and compassion from the above also. "

• Fiona A by Fiona A

"great place to chill,but plenty to to do and see in surrounding area "

• Janet W by Janet W

"Please provide comfortable seat pads on chairs and sun loungers, it is meant to be a relaxing holiday, not torture! "

Apartamentos Best Pueblo Indalo is also called