Piscina

Good

Worst ever holiday

Reviewed 7th October 2016

"Worst ever holiday we have had poor service wait for drinks 30 minutes or more food very poor .No chance of sunbeds or less you get up and wait for an hour before they unlock them in the mornings we thought this place was like a prison camp not a holiday complex .We spent over2 thousand pounds on this worthless holiday and went with Thomson what a waste of money and won't be going with this company ever again . This was our holiday from hell .Advice to paying public don't go."

• Travel date: 2nd October 2016

Double birthday celebration

Reviewed 30th September 2016

"The staff were all very friendly and helpful,the room was nice and clean and looked onto the pool.we enjoyed the buffet style breakfast and tea and also had a birthday meal in the a la cart style restaurant which you have to book.there are a few bars,restaurants and shops near to the hotel,with the beach a little walk away.had a great time and would recommend to anyone."

• Travel date: 26th September 2016

Disappointed!!!!!

Reviewed 31st August 2016

"We arrived and to be fair was shown to our room and the staff were friendly enough, we also decided to upgrade to all in on arrival (staying for one week). The room wasn't the greatest looking room but I expected this for 3 star. However I did expect wall sockets to be in tact a couple were broken!!! The breakfast bar was falling away from the wall and there were little ants crawling all over the work tops (all holiday), so was glad we upgraded!!!! We went round by the pool to have a look round on the first afternoon, there are two main pool areas and they were both rammed to the point you struggled to find gaps to walk round the pool!! There were clearly far too many people for the area capacity, oh god this was defiantly a the start of things to come!!! We went down for dinner and again the restaurant was rammed and noisy, the food I was okay with but it was never very hot and the kids struggled to find stuff they liked, however there were chips a plenty and bar snacks during the day, burgers, hots dogs etc. so I knew they wouldn't go hungry. We went down to the entertainment area on the evening, surprisingly enough, rammed!!! We had to fetch our own table and sat a fair distance from the main stage, no major hardship as the entertainment is awful, they had a magician on one night and I almost slipped into a coma, embarrassingly he was the only British entertainer!!! Anyway we learn something valuable that evening from another guest, if you want sun beds you have to pool at 7am, grab a parasol, put your towel on to own your pitch for the day then wait for the sun beds to be un padlocked at 8:30!! Jesus what a joke!! (We did it though, everyday). Our first nights sleep (or lack of sleep) we were in room 167 which was situated to the front of the hotel, ground floor and the balcony backed onto the evening entertainment pool. just outside the front of our room was access to kitchens (I think) and all the beer barrels were stacked up. About 1pm through to 6pm these were being lifted and rolled into the kitchens, echoed and really loud( closed Windows and shutters offered no sound barrier). Also staff talking and shouting to each other throughout the night and deliveries of either new barrels and various other items again really noisy all week! Pools are both nice, and like I said the staff seemed friendly enough, hotel was majorly over crowded though, I don't thing I met one guest who liked it through the entire week, everyone I spoke to said they couldn't wait to leave. Having said all this, I desperately needed a holiday so tried very hard to make the best of it whilst trying to keep the families moral up, I'm now physically and mentally exhausted!! I NEED A HOLIDAY!!!!!!"

• Travel date: 17th August 2016

defo reccomend

Good
Reviewed 26th May 2016

"My daughter and i stayed here for 9 days and we didn't want to leave..we had a studio and was all inclusive, and our experience was the best holiday we have ever had, we don't normally go back to the same hotel as we like a variation of holiday at different destination, but we are already looking at going back later this year..the room for us suited our needs, the food for us was 2nd to none different meals plenty of choice from fish to meat to salads was all GOOD QUALITY, we never struggled for something to eat, as we have done in some 4 star hotels, ALL the staff made us very welcome and the entertainment staff made our stay fun and lots of laughter.. we did have a problem with our boiler reported as we was going to breakfast and by the time we returned to our room after breakfast it was sorted..on arrival we didn't have a kettle needed more hangers and a ashtray went down to reception and asked and with 10 minutes ..my thoughts on the hotel is a definite positive one and would definitely recommend this holiday to anyone..yes a 3 star but i actually thought it was a 4 star...for my daughter and i it was just the relaxing holiday we needed..oh and finally yes to water in pool is cold but not freezing and who wants a warm to hot pool and a hot day...to me a nice cool pool is brill to cool of from the heat. "

• Travel date: 5th May 2016

This hotel is not a 3 star

Reviewed 23rd February 2016

"My family we had a very bad experience at Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical We been charged 'for internet twice and never had refund. Rooms are not clean ,some beds are not fit to sleep. During 7 days bed sheets been changed twice. From the first day missing pillows ,bed sheets. Towels on the floor not been changed for 3 days. Self catering missing simple things like a knife. Water in the swimming pool very cold even though outside +24. Restaurants on site very poor quality , likely we had a food outside."

• Travel date: 20th February 2016

Excellent stay - when we changed rooms!

Reviewed 25th January 2016

"We have just returned from a very enjoyable 3 week stay. We initially were allocated room 455, which was very noisy at night due to the entertainment in the on-site bar. The reception staff were very helpful, and we had no trouble at all changing to room 321, which was not only peaceful but also has a lovely sea view. We mostly self catered, but ate at the restaurant three times - the food is good, if you choose carefully, and very good value: 13 euros each, which includes dinner and breakfast the following day. The apartment was very pleasant, clean and spacious, and room service was very efficient with regular changes of bedding and towels. Cooking facilities were adequate - microwave, 2 hobs, fridge, saucepans, frying pan - and there are plenty of food shops nearby. The hotel is in a very good position for Los Gigantes and Arena, which both have a nice sandy beach. We very much enjoyed walking to these beaches as the views of the sea are stunning. We also walked along the coast to Alcala, which was very enjoyable. There are lovely places to visit further afield, such as Oratava and Icod in the north of the island, and we hired a car for 3 days to explore these. The hotel is well placed for bus services EG to Los Christianos and Puerto Cruz. This was our second stay at the Tamaimo Tropical and we are very likely to stay here again. "

• Travel date: 25th January 2016

WORST HOLIDAY PLACE

Reviewed 30th June 2015

"Basic average amenities is the nicest thing I can say about my stay with my 20 year old daughter at this hotel from 2 - 9th June. Pool areas very clean and well maintained. The bar and grill was open all day till 6pm but the grill food was nothing to get excited about - burgers inedible, chips soggy, pizza only available 1 day and although we were all inclusive had to be paid for. Choice of 3 cocktails which were nothing to shout about either. Small pots of ice cream & ice poles only for all inc. other ice cream had to be paid for and no other snacks available at all or after 6pm unless we used the vending machines which were pricey. Lack of toilets around the complex were disappointing and usually had no toilet paper in. Only 30 minutes per day free WI-Fi and internet available for 2 Euros for 20 minutes. Our room was spacious and clean, bathroom nice but often had a bad smell, shower very powerful. No hospitality in the rooms so if we wanted a cuppa at night or in the morning in the room not happening. 10 Euros returnable deposit for TV remote. BBC World News and Fox Movies only English speaking channels. Entertainment in the evenings was dismal and way too small for the size of this hotel. Food in the restaurant was plentiful and varied so always a good choice for everyone. Some people had problems in the restaurant but our experience was ok and have to say the staff here were the nicest, friendly, polite & helpful. 4 days into our holiday things turned really bad, we had money and jewellery and a mascara stolen from our room. My daughter discovered this after we had spent the morning sitting around the pool and she returned to the room before we planned to go for a walk in the afternoon. Reception staff absolutely disgusting about this, our Rep was not in the hotel so I requested to speak to the manager to be told she wasn't available till 6pm - this was 3.30pm. We were obviously distressed and asked for the Police and were told no police. I demanded to speak to the manager, after several requests they eventually rang her, Alice arrived and even said she was available as she lived in the hotel. The next few hours were absolute hell for us. Alice got a report of who had entered our room as there was no evidence of break in damage at all. No-one even came to the room with us to inspect it. After we left for breakfast a maid and a maintenance guy had entered our room only. We were offered a new room but we said there was no point we wouldn't feel safe in any room now, we requested no-one enter our room for the rest of the holiday without our presence, Alice agreed with this. She also offered us free late check out which we accepted. This didn't happen as the maid entered our room twice over the next few days and when I inquired about this on the day we were leaving at Reception I was told we should have checked out at 12 and should not be in the room now, I told them Alice had authorized late check out and they said they knew nothing and just kept spouting hotel policy, they wouldn't listen to me and even walked away from me. "

• Travel date: 13th June 2015

great place

Reviewed 3rd November 2014

"What a lovely place to stay, nice clean apartment, apartment and towels cleaned and changed everyday except Sundays! Food was great, good selection and a BBQ everyday by pool! The Italian restaurant on site is excellent but you do need to book as very popular and very nice! Entertainment was great for kids and adults, day and night. You have to be up early for sunbeds, we found putting your towels down at late at night help but sometimes your towels were moved! And it got quite slippery by pool when wet! We were flying home at 6 in morning and asked hotel for breakfast picnic to take, which was no problem and at no extra charge. Couldn't fault this place at all and we had a excellent holiday, would definitely go again."

• Travel date: 1st November 2014

Excellent value for money and good all-rounder

Reviewed 14th April 2014

"Well I'm here at this moment of writing (booked in for a month)and looking to extend my stay for another couple of weeks. Sure, Los Gigantes isn't like the more popular resorts further up the coast, But, then neither are the prices anywhere near as high. I'm Paying 40 euros a night for a lovely one bedroom apartment on the ground floor on an all-inclusive basis. (Yep all-in) Go direct to the hotels website and you will get the best prices. Full air con with individual controls, comfortable beds, the food can be a bit hit and miss (Breakfast is always great - put some 4* places to shame) PS in the photo above i'm in the ground floor apart furthest right (lovely little patio with gate leading onto one of the two pools) And the Pic is the 'Smallest of the two pools)"

• Travel date: 11th April 2014

NEVER AGAIN

Reviewed 13th January 2014

"Filthy room, cleaners didn't clean, hotel was a building site with major construction going on from 8am, no sunbeds available we went to the beach which was much better and quiet. Electrics in the room were bad, plenty of roaches, yuk!, no holiday reps available, I have never felt so miserable on holiday in my life, certainly don't waste your money staying here, its meant to be a 3 star hotel how it got them ill never know. oh and we had a wife beater next door and had to listen to him throwing her against the wall until we got security to sort it. Awful place, the best bit was Teide by night and Loro Park."

• Travel date: 11th January 2014

honest review

Reviewed 20th August 2013

"We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks it was just a last minute thing in June before the kids holiday. The hotel is lovely looking very clean we read reviews about roaches but i never seen one. The room was massive it was lovely and cool and had a kitchenette which came in handy as my husband is fussy with food so we could eat in some nights. Very hilly area and its quite a walk to the beach but there are buses all the time the hotel is on a one way system think of it as a huge round about :) Our only issue we expect in Spain to get up early as the Germans thought us many a year ago we had to, to get a lounger but no Germans in site i was up at 6.30 on our first day to check out our view and the hotel i stepped out onto the balcony to find people standing in position around the pool of where they would like to sit when the loungers were unchained at 8am!!!! and as soon as they were unchained it was frantic my husband ran down to try and squeeze us in, god forbid if u sleep in cause then its a walk to the beach with you and the nearest one isn't spectacular. This was every morning even worse though on a weekend as they filled up the rooms with locals if the hotel wasn't booked up (cheap weekend breaks) if u like English breakfasts its the best meal here everything else is the same most nights. All in all a cheap get away enjoyable just hate the rushing around for loungers "

• Travel date: 19th August 2013

excellent

Reviewed 2nd August 2013

"Hotel was great food really nice,hotel staff go out there way to help we stayed there 9th July until 16th my husband snapped his achilles and had to get operation the staff did every thing to help we like to say a big thank u to all the reception staff."

• Travel date: 28th July 2013
  • ...

Hotels near Globales Suneo Tamaimo Tropical

Top traveller tips for Globales Suneo Tamaimo Tropical

• by Jonathan G

"Once you get there wish and pack to go home."

• by Sandra L

"Be prepared to relax and enjoy your stay."

• by Suzie123

"Where do I start!!! Read the review"

• by Maria B

"relax and just enjoy surroundings"

• by Aleksandrs P

"Change furniture and make rooms at least clean"

• by outandabout

"Spend some time exploring and enjoying the local area as well as going further afield."

• by Ray M

"Book direct. The two pool areas are a treat and the view of the Cliffs (The Giants) just jaw dropping"

• by Mandy G

"stay away from the hotel as long as you can"

• by s4mmyd4n

"get up early you have to do it"

• by John C

"Make sure you take a camera as you'll want to capture these views believe me!"

• by toxylad

"I think this hotel would best suited to families staying on a B&B basis."

• by karinc10

"If you aren't a sound sleeper ask for a quiet room"

• by Larly

"Just relax and allow yourself to have a good time"

• by funny freddy

"better variety of food / make one big area away from the pools for bar/entertainment"

• by Mike from Newcastle

"Don't go all inclusive, eat at the local restruants they are much better than the hotel. "

• by Cheeeeeeeessssssse

"Dont go all inclusive, eat at the restaurants in puerto santiago"

• by Taylor79

"More friendly staff, quiet time after midnight, English entertainers"

• by shellyunky

"dont believe any negative reviews"

• by spuder

"go to this hotel u wont look back"

• by sun goddess

"ok hotel but not great"

Globales Suneo Tamaimo Tropical is also called

• Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical
  • tamaimo tropical
  • aparthotel tamaimo tropical hotel