Piscina

Good

Great holiday!

Reviewed 13th April 2012

"Just come back from a fabulous week at this hotel, the room was spacious with a glorious view over the sea, the staff were attentive and the food was amazing - masses of it with lots of choice. And it was close enough to the centre of Puerto Cruz to walk and there's so much to see there too. Will definitely return!"

• Travel date: 13th April 2012

Food glorious food!

Reviewed 15th April 2009

"My husband and I booked the Semiramis fairly last minute along with my sister and her partner. Consequently, we travelled with a degree of anticipation and, I suppose a little trepidation as we were unsure as to what would experience at the Semiramis. As it was a 5* hotel we were confident the rooms would be clean, the facilities would be good and the staff would be efficient. What concerned us slightly was how good the food would be as we generally choose self-catering holidays and enjoy sampling local cuisine and a variety of restaurants. The four of us thought we would probably eat in the hotel some nights but venture out on other nights to ensure variety. However, upon arrival at the Semiramis we soon realised this would not be necessary! We entered the restaurant and were literally overwhelmed by the diversity and quality of the food on offer. This continued every night and we enjoyed an excellent choice of fresh food which suited all nationalities and tastes and was complimented by superb service and a relaxed, welcoming atmosphere. We visited Tenerife in April and it was warm but cloudy alot of the time. We did have some sun though and were able to enjoy the rest of the facilities at the Semiramis adequately. However, the pool is the coldest I have ever experienced and, although I imagine this is very refreshing in the middle of summer it was something of an endurance test in April. However, there is a heated pool as well on a lower floor. The atmosphere around the pool was again very relaxed and calm whilst being very welcoming to families and children. The rooms were also superb and the cleaning staff were extremely efficient. Our only criticism is that the staff on reception seemed to lack the overall enthusiasm and general people skills which all other staff in the hotel had. There also seemed to be a limited number of people on reception who could communicate effectively in English. Although this was not an issue for us as I am a Spanish teacher and my husband and sister also speak Spanish competently, we felt it could have been limiting for guests(?) However, we enjoyed the diversity of the guests in the hotel and the fact that no nationality was 'dominant' so perhaps this was simply indicative of the nature of the Semiramis. The view from our room and from the pool and restaurant areas was excellent as was the location of the hotel - far enough away from the main town to be private and quiet yet close enough to not feel isolated. We did not use the bar at the hotel as we went to a nearby bar most evenings after dinner but we got the impression that the entertainment was well received by those who were interested in it. Overall, our stay at the Semiramis was very relaxing, very enjoyable and we would definitely return - we're missing the food already! Mrs A Wilbor East Yorkshire"

• Travel date: 15th April 2009

Hotels near Hotel Best Semiramis

Top traveller tips for Hotel Best Semiramis

• by awilbor

"The Semiramis restaurant!"

• by awilbor

"Lovely town with friendly people and a lively atmosphere."

Hotel Best Semiramis is also called