Bahia Principe Costa Adeje

Calle Idafe s/n, 38670 Costa Adeje, Adeje, Tenerife Spain

Good
1958

WOW...we will return..

"Just a short review of this fantastic hotel,we have no complanits just all praise for the staff who work their butts off keeping the the whole place running so smoothly.The food is excellent and plentifull ,the drinks flow from morn till nite,the gardens are immaculate,the pools are vast and clean,the tiles are a bit slippery when wet!!the sunbeds are plentifull,the place is secluded we loved that but it didnt suit some pepes,a nice rough walk one way and a promenade walk tuther way.We were so lucky with the weather wallto wall sunshine..Fishing off the rocks was superb,evening entertainment was as expetedthe more cocktails you drank the better the shows seemed!!!!
All inclusive is the way forward only spent 10 euros!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 25th of November 2009

Excellent spot for relaxed sunshine holiday

"Did exactly what I wanted, we paid for the mini-suite, got a decent room with great balcony.
Food in self-service all incl. restaurant was much better and much more varied than any other all incl. I had been to before.
A la carte restaurants were good for a bit of variety, but in my opinion were not worth paying any upgrade for. (We had three nights in our week where they were free, and on those terms were great for a bit of variety)
Four different items available at every mealtime to be cooked quickly in front of you, e.g. pork chops, swordfish, tuna steaks. All excellent.
Service with room cleaning, bar service and restaurant service all very good, although coffee was a bit slow in the morning (although you can walk over to any of several machines and get it yourself)
We had excellent weather 25-28 deg in early Nov, perfect.

Thnaks to all who suggested bringing a BIG plastic glass, great tip saved many trips back and forth to the beer tap with the tiny cups provided.

As many other reviews state, this resort would not suit anyone with restricted mobility, although there are elevators and rams everywhere for wheelchairs etc. there are large distances to be covered from room to restaurant and room to pool, and depending where where your room is in relation to reception it could be up to a 7-10 min walk each time you are going to eat etc. Not a problem for us, but it would be for some.

Yes it is in the back-of-beyond and there isn't really anywhere to walk to, but if you know that before you go, well so-be-it. There are a couple of short walks possible but over rough terrain and rather scrappy areas with not much in the way of scenery, but hey, if you are there for the walking, don't stay here!

We ahd an excellent relaxed sun filled holiday."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of November 2009

Great food and gardens just watch the tiles around the pool!!

Good

"Had a lovely time at this hotel, it was clean and well maintained.
On arrival one of the rooms was not ready and reception staff are not helpful, very poor service there.

Once into the hotel thre rest of the staff are friendly, polite and helpful. The food is great and there is a wide range. The gardens are lovely so are the swimming pools. Only one major problem is the tiles around the swimming pool. They are so slippery, I have never experienced anything like it and people were falling all over the place. It did make time around the pool stressful as I was worried about my childen and parents falling and getting badly hurt. This an area the hotel needs to sort out as it lets the place down. Without that problem and the front desk staff I would have happily given this hotel an excellent rating."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of November 2009

Nice Hotel, shame about the food

Good

"We booked this hotel after reading good reviews for a quick week away. What can I say? The food in the restaurants was definitely not up to the standard expected in a 4*+ hotel. We always stay in 4 & 5 star hotels and this has by far had the worst food. On talking to other guests who had stayed there on previous occasions they said that the standard of the food had decreased substantially. I am not especially fussy but I expect a choice of potatoes with my evening meal not just chips, (one evening this was the only potato dish on offer) yet the following morning there was mashed potato for breakfast!! Other dishes appeared to be made with cheap cuts of meat, one evening there was some type of lamb and vegetable stew which consisted of small pieces of very fatty lamb with lots of bones, disgusting. As for the Al a Carte restaurants, they were definitely not authentic, especially the Italian. All in all the cuisine was, beyond doubt, below standard. The drinks also appeared to be quite weak with not much taste to it, especially the wine. Normally if I have two small glasses of wine I feel tipsy but at dinner I had three large glasses and felt as if I had been drinking water. One of the other reasons we chose this hotel was because in the brochure it said that it had, along with a large pool for everyone, an adults only pool, but it wasn’t, it was very noisy, as there were lots of children playing in and around it. No fault of the children, they were just doing what children do on holiday, but we wanted a relaxing quiet day around the pool, without having to dodge beach balls and blow up creatures, when trying to swim. Also if you wanted a sunbed you either had to be up exceedingly early or be very lucky, as people were putting towels on beds as early as 6am, in the dark!!
One morning we caught the free hotel bus into Adeje, it dropped everyone off on the outskirts of Adeje, with approximately a 15min walk down to the beach, which wasn’t suitable for people with walking difficulties, we were not told this when booking. On the plus side, all the hotel staff were excellent, very pleasant and helpful and kept the hotel in tip top condition, I have never seen as many cleaning staff in a hotel. The weather was fantastic and our room was spotless and overlooked the pool and sea as we had requested. Maybe I am being a little fussy, but I am extremely disappointed as we could have paid less for a different 4* hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of October 2009

Codfather's 50th

"What Can I say, This place was Brilliant, Hotel Beautiful, never been any were in Spain as good. Reception breath taking. All members of staff Incredible, helpful. Hotel Rooms Big, Clean and and decor lovely bright and fresh Wallpaper!. Gardens Fantastic, Swimming Pool fab, Resturaunt Food Great, Nothing to complain about in that direction, anyone who does, dont know what there talking about... Champain, cavira at breakfast!!!
Drink, Plenty, help your self service, never seen that before.
Only thing we would say up early, bed early!!!
Sun Fantastic
Relax and Relax this is the place to go.."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of October 2009

Amazed and gutted to be home!!!

"Absolutely loved this hotel - cannot fault a single thing! Don't believe the stories about the sunbeds - we managed one each day without any problems. Yep - you did get the worried ones that got up at 6 but there was really no need to!!! Food and drink was amazing - be prepared to put some pounds on although there are healthy options!!! All staff were brilliant - absolutely obsessed with cleanlness and always cleaning!!! Would point out also that the tiles near the swimming pool were very slippy so please be careful!! I nearly went over a couple of times! Highly recommend the Italian and the Asian Restaurants. Evening entertainment wasn't great but hey these people work hard so credit where credit is due!!!! All in all, we had a fab holiday and are already trying to book for next year! Have an amazing time - we did!"

• Travel date: Tue 13th of October 2009

Absolutely loved it. Most amazing place I've ever stopped

"Me and my girlfriend really enjoyed our stay here it was amazing. There were a couple of things that may let the hotel down but if you're picky you can say that about anywhere. The hotel itself was brilliant, really pretty on the eye and always spotlessly clean. There was a choice of three pools: a big one with a little entertainment at certain times (me and my girlfriend had a great laugh doing the aquaerobics), a smaller one at the bottom of the resort with a bridge and jacuzzi and beautiful view of the sea and a little kids one which was kind of hidden from the other two. You can get a sunbed any time up to about 11 you dont have to be up at the crack of dawn to reserve one. People do exaggerate! I would say that if you want an umbrella you need to get one of those early. The tiles are slippy too but if you're careful you'll have no problem. The staff were friendly enough and very hard working and would help you if you asked them. Im quite a fussy eater but found the buffet quite appetising. There was a massive amount of choice including things such as cavier and champagne (not really to my liking!). You are entitled to you use the five a la carte restraunts but you are only allowed 3 free meals at which you have to book a time. If you wish to get a specific date I would book a couple of days before. I really liked the Italian restraunt, it was very tasty and the staff were so helpful and always smiling. I managed to try abit of sushi in the asian restraunt too which I knew I would hate but wanted to say that I've tried it. I also managed to try cavier and have a go at archery which I have never had the chance to do before. If you dont feel like a meal the snack bar is very handy and nice.
The room was quite pleasant, it was pretty spacious with a huge bed.The bathroom was lovely and had two sinks which I thought was ace. We also had a mini fridge which was topped up daily with water and afew little cans of pop but I used it for some beer I bought from the shop for when the all inclusive bar finished. The tv was ok and had bbc news 24 if you wanted to catch up with what was happening in our country.
The only couple of downfalls for me was the location of the hotel and the entertainment. If you like to go to other bars and explore the area then you may not enjoy this location. There was a free bus that you could catch to playa de las america but you had to book it early before it got full or you could pay 5 euros and get a later bus. That was ok to get to different places in the day but at night if you wanted to go elsewhere you were looking at a big taxi fare. The entertainment was ok, I watched the shows and music being played but I didn't really rate it. A couple of shows were good like cabaret but they only lasted till about half 10. The music was normally one or two people singing and playing an instrument which was ok but not really my thing. I thought it was abit boring and would maybe suite someone older. You could go to the siser hotel if you wanted to enjoy their entertainment but it was pretty much the same. There is a karaoke and disco in a bar on the resort from 12 til 2 but its normally pretty empty and the drinks aren't free. I would say they are the only bad things, especailly for people18- 30.
This is my truthful account of this holiday and I hated putting the downfalls in because it makes people doubt this hotel. I can say from the bottom of my heart that this the most amazing hotel and certainly the best I've ever stopped in. Everything is top class apart from the entertainment and location but with a bit of effort you can get round that. Me and my girlfrined certainly had the best time ever and if we had the money would definately come back. The only thing we regret is not booking two weeks! I would recommend this to anyone although if you want to party its probably better stopping nearer playa de las americas.Oh one last thing I would recommend buying trips from shops in playa de las america and not the hotel. The amount they want for trips is extortionate. I would definately recommend loro park"

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of October 2009

Almost perfect, but the tiles...

Good

"Really enjoyed our stay. Food and cleanliness were excellent. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Good location. Only one disadvantage: very slippery tiles in the swimingpools area - some people fell down each day."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of September 2009

Excellent Hotel - Poor Entertainment

Good

"Really enjoyed our stay, the food and cleanliness were excellent. We were on the top floor so had to use 2 lifts. Staf very friendly, good games during the day but at night the entertainment was very poor even the professional artists. Can't fault the hotel, just the entertainment!"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of September 2009

This hotel tries but doesn't quite make it!

"Just returned from a week at the Bahia Principe. The hotel is pleasant and kept very clean. The food is good with plenty of choice, there are a number of nice touches such as caviar and champagne at breakfast. The staff are polite but we didn't find them friendly. On arrival our room wasn't ready and we had to wait until 2.30 pm to gain entry and then wait another hour and half for our bags to be delivered to the room. When I enquired how long it would be before the bags would be delivered the guy in reception told me very curtly that they had lots of arrivals so I would have to wait! Not what you want really after a long journey. The sunbed situation is dire.. if you want a sunbed and especially a parasol you have to be down and reserve both before 8am. Although I'm an early riser I don't really agree with reserving sunbeds but if you don't want to spend all day in the sun without a lounger and a parasol you really haven't got a choice. There is only a tiny beach which means all guests have to stay round the pools so they are always busy and rather noisy, even the one without the music and pool games. The hotel is quite remote but there is a bus service 3 times a day into Playa de Las Americas and the lunchtime journey is a complimentary one. A taxi is 15 Euros to Siam Water Park and a whopping 125 Euros to Loro Park. The evening entertainment is dire, unless you are under 10! We wandered over most nights but only stayed for 5 minutes and preferred to stay in the main hotel which again was very busy. The a la carte nights are pleasant for a change of menu but are not genuine dishes, more like the buffet but with Asian, Italian, Spanish influences. The drinks are plentiful, service is quick and the bar staff are the most pleasant of all the staff at this hotel. The bar shuts on the dot at 11.30 pm though so if you like to stay up late then you have to go to the non-inclusive bars. Our daughter went to the nightclub one night but there was only about 10 people in there so I think most people are happy to go back to their rooms after the bar closes. My husband used the fitness equipment but said it was dated and in poor condition and didn't return. The spa treatments are very expensive 50 euros for a 50 minute massage and 24 euros for a manicure. All in all the hotel is ok but there is room for improvement."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of August 2009

Good Hotel - not 5*

"We went as a couple (mid 40's) and can recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a poolside holiday. The standard of the hotel is one of the best. All is new and well maintained and the standard of cleanliness is excellent.

It is a little isolated but only a short (25 mins) transfer from the airport.

Our All Inclusive deal provided us with enough food and variety that you could want. We ate in the Spanish and Italian restaurants and found the food to be of excellent quality. In both of them it was buffet for starter/desert and A la Carte for the main meal. The wine choice is of a better quality than the standard AI choice - but you do have to pay for it.
For the other nights you cannot fault the main restaurant. All meal time have a very wide selection of choice and all is well cooked.

We went at one of the peak times (the staff said that they had never known it so busy) but only ever waited a matter of seconds to be seated. There were always tables inside or outside free. The air conditioning inside is welcome during the lunch period.

Practical note, apparantly the hair dryer provided is not up to scratch, so ladies - take your own. The rooms are fine, nothing exceptional, but again, very clean and the bathrooms are very good. Showers are very good. But who goes on holiday to stay in the room?

Only downside is this issue with the sunbeds/parasols. Like others, we were determined not to get up early to reserve and thus perpetuate the problem. But unless you want a day in 35 degree + temperatures without a parasol I suggest you put your values on hold and join in. I don't like it but there is nothing else you can do. Quite relaxing down there at 8.00am reading a book and working up an appetite for breakfast.

The fact that there are so many people precludes it from being 5*. I don't feel you can provide en- mass catering and retain a luxury element.

Saying all that, this is an excellent hotel with some of the friendliest staff you will ever meet. We thoroughly recommend it and would go back again, perhaps in a less busy period."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of July 2009

had a fab holiday

"The hotel was great a good selection of food and the service was excellent. Rhe shows on an evening were great for the kids especially the high school musical show for my 4 year old little girl. The hotel was quite remote but there was a bus at the top of the hill for 1.50 euro each. the only downside of the hotel was it had a lot of steps everywhere and i had a little one who is 16 months and there were no changing facilities in the toilets to be able to change her nappy. To round this hotel up it was brilliant and i would return."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of July 2009

Hotels near Bahia Principe Costa Adeje

Stayed at Bahia Principe Costa Adeje? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Bahia Principe Costa Adeje

• Brymo by Brymo

"Book...........Go........Relax.............Enjoy..............Go Home............Re Book "

• Audrey McPhee by Audrey McPhee

"Very quiet - nothing to do "

• Audrey McPhee by Audrey McPhee

"Hotel (all inclusive) "

• CIAL2010 by CIAL2010

"Nice hotel, help yourself to drinks but lacks space "

• T by T

"avoid this one - not good value until they change the drinks package "

• bobbie by bobbie

"Great for relaxing, not a beach and kids hotel "

• D.P by D.P

"Siaam Park- This is a water park the biggest one in Europe. This trip was amazing "

• jennibean by jennibean

"Try the al a carte restaurants "

• Ambersothere by Ambersothere

"A more detailed plan of how to navigate your way around as we witnessed a lot of confused guests not able to work out how to get from place to place "

Bahia Principe Costa Adeje is also called