Bahia Principe Costa Adeje

Calle Idafe S/n, 38670 Costa Adeje, Adeje, Tenerife Spain

Good
Good
2026

Excellant Holiday ,Again

Reviewed Wed 10th of June 2015

"My husband and I stayed here for a week and returned on 5th June 2014. Our first stay was in February 2014 a d wee hours it so much decided to to return in the summer season taking advantage of the longer days we were not disappointed. We really enjoyed sitting outside in the square watching the entertainment and if we didn't fancy what was on there we sat outside on the terrace watching the duet and having a dance. Everything stopped at 11pm
and my husband.d had a bit of a winge about this but I thought it was late enough and prevented us overindulging and avoided the dreaded hangover we doubled up our order before 11pm and then took a drink up to our room and sat on the balcony and listened to soft music and could hear the sea very relaxing. The food was excellent always hot and variable but we thought there were quite a lot of flies around the food areas especially the outdoor ones I am sure preventative measures could be taken here ie Citronella candles,fresh parsley or basil plants which all keep flies away. We found all the staff were excellent very helpful and friendly. We had no problem with sunbeds or umbrellas but some people complained about children going in the infinity pool when it had stated that this was for adults only and staff did nothing about this but there was another pool that was very quiet and was slightly warmer but if the management advertise something they should make sure this is adhered to. The other thing that annoyed me was the dress code in the evening at dinner gentlemen were required to wear long trousers and any men attempting to enter the restaurant in shorts however smart or tailored they were turned away however in spite of there being a sign stating smart dress for all and a picture of a female in a reasonable length
Dress females were allowed in in Scruffy denim shorts revealing their Backsides without ever being stopped, in my opinion it is these small failings that lead to a drop in standards and stop people re booking year after year pull your socks up management or risk losing your regular customers

• Travel date: Sat 6th of June 2015

Cant fault the hotel

Reviewed Wed 14th of September 2011

"I have to mention the food first as this was a huge part of the holiday! Starting with breakfast - a range of usual choices e.g. cereals, cooked, continental and a chef to cook your eggs the way you like them. We ate at the "snack" bar most lunchtimes, however roast chicken, salad, burgers, chips etc. are a bit more than a snack. At dinner there was more than enough choice of the diverse and freshly cooked food that catered for the needs of all including dietary requirements. Drinks were plentiful and readily available - just help yourself! You can order extra cocktails and other drinks at the bar.
All members of staff that we encountered were helpful, and polite. The rooms were spacious and clean, mini bar filled daily, tea and coffee are available from the lobby at all hours. Ironing services are available but a bit pricy, we hired an iron instead.
The hotel and its grounds were immaculate, it is nice to see that the hotel maintains high standards by disallowing towels to be hung over the balcony (there are chairs to drape the towels over or a washing line in the bathroom) and gentlemen are only permitted entrance to the restaurants when wearing full length trousers at dinner.
There is a vast amount of pool area (4 pools in total) with plenty of sunbeds, however some people are selfish in reserving sunbeds that aren’t being used which is something that the hotel is aware of and trying to improve.
The hotel is a short bus ride away from the towns, and it is possible to walk to nearby beaches and mini shops.
The entertainment is there if you want it day or night. We often joined in the Aqua splash with the Animacion team, which was made quite entertaining. At night we went to the bar area which spread from inside to outside where there was a duet performing.
Overall a good holiday, would recommend."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of September 2011

Excellent choice of holiday

Reviewed Thu 16th of June 2011

"My husband and myself have just returned after a weeks holiday in Tenerife and stayed in the Bahia Principe hotel. The hotel was very good, the rooms were cleaned everyday, with clean towels and bedding everyday. The food was excellent different choice of food everyday. I am a vegetarian and a very fussy eater so was very happy with the choice of foods. There is a selection of restaurants to choose from and the food in the restaurants are excellent. The staff at the hotel are very polite and the reception staff are always there to help you with any problems you may have.
Me and my husband has an amazing time we also celebrated our wedding anniversary there. We would defiantly return there. "

• Travel date: Sat 11th of June 2011

The hotel where you pour your own drinks!

Reviewed Fri 17th of December 2010

"I am a mother aged 42 and my daughter is aged 22. We holidayed in the Costa Adeje for 10 nights(not to be confused with the Tenerife next door) in November 10. All drinks and spirits can be poured by yours truly including coffee liquer, except mabili and irish cream, and that is available on AI at the bar. Coffee,tea and soft drinks are available all day and snacks also. We had no problems with sunbeds and made use of the speciality restaurants, very nice and a change, because although we were astonished at the spread in the buffet restaurants, we all like a change of surroundings.Some of the speciality restaurants were postioned in the Hotel Tenerife and this is just across the way. Drinks etc are also fee on AL there and the atmosphere very pleasant. Back to my hotel and without exception all the staff were extremely professional,including the male staff and having experienced Tunisa this year this was a welcome change!Female only parties will know what I refer to.Even the maintenance staff wouldn't give us the eye, truly professional!
A free bus is available every day at 10.30 but you have to book and if it is fully booked, use the bus at the top end of the street which costs one and a half euro to travel basically anywhere.You cannot walk to playa de americancs due to the road layout. You can walk towards playa pariso, and see the beach they mention in the brochure, but to be honest this was not desireable. If one could place this hotel near a nice beach all my dreams would come true. The evening entertainment is quiet, but there are english speaking tv channels to watch and like I said one can pour their own drinks!There are shops on the complex but if you want to travel in a taxi it's roughly 13 - 15 euros to a nice beach and shops, well worth it as you couldn't walk it and the bus takes 30 mins. The bus drivers are lovely and understand us british people! The service in the hotel was 1st class and I would return without a doubt.x"

• Travel date: Thu 16th of December 2010

Lovely relaxing holiday

Reviewed Thu 21st of October 2010

"Myself and husband decided to stay at this hotel from a friends recommendation, we went Sept 2010 for 1 week AI. The complex is very big and in the middle of nowhere so if you like a wander round shops etc this is not for you, we did take a taxi out one evening but beware they are expensive. It was ideal for us during the day lazing around the pool, the meals were full of variety we only used the buffet but there are 3 restaurants that you can pre book on site, and 2 at the sister hotel which is 2 mins walk away, however the night time was too quiet, we are not big drinkers so enjoy the odd glass after dinner, the entertainment was poor so we would go back to our room, the TV channels were non existent 3 english channels all news channels, and no option to purchase extra channels so an early night was had,there were many people who would put their towels on the sunbeds by 8am but not come to use the loungers till late afternoon, although there was only 1 day we did struggle to get sunbeds.there is supposedly a dress code for evening meals and we did adhere to this, i quite enjoyed it, but many took no notice which was a shame,all in all i had a thoroughly relaxing holiday and returned with a beautiful tan, and would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a relaxing and slow paced holiday."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of October 2010

Nice Hotel - But ...........

Reviewed Tue 28th of September 2010

"just returned from one week holiday - 17-24 Sept 2010 - stayed here 2 years ago - fabulous then but not now! It certainly has nose dived! Paid top price for 5 star all inc but would rate this hotel 3 star!
The drinks package is a joke - cheap non brand drinks - tasted nasty - had to go out and buy our own spirits to be sure of what we were drinking.
The entertainment was non-exsitant!
The staff were mostly rude and unhelpful. Hotel clean. The food was ok - not as good as it used to be.
We have stayed at many much better priced 4 star hotels in Playa Las Americas and will be returning to them for future holidays - never again at this hotel! Total rip off"

• Travel date: Tue 28th of September 2010

Nice hotel but needs evening space

Reviewed Tue 13th of April 2010

"The problem comes alive at 7am when people are putting towels on sunbeds, which I have to say is not my idea of a relaxing break when you feel you need to rush down to the pool to get a sunbed. Left till 8.30 and forget it - nothing available and thats not fun when you have a 5 year old. When you did get a bed you are packed in like sardines - Ok if you dont mind sharing your neighbours shadow.

The evenings were just as busy - with only one buffet restaurant in the evening you felt like you were in McDonalds and trying to find a table after 7.30pm to have a quite drink is impossible. Again only one place to have a drink - yet there is a lovely spot by the pool bar which overlooks the sea and also by the infinity pool on the lower level. Opening these up with just give so much more space and make the whole experience better.

The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, but if all you want is to relax by the pool and stay around the hotel it will suit.

I love the idea of helping youself to drinks. All you need is provided on tap, such a good way to avoid queues. This is something I have never seen in AI before.

Day and evening entertainment was very good and the team worked hard to make sure they catered for all ages.

Overall a lovely hotel but we won't be returning. I imagine it is quieter during school times so if you dont have children this may suit.

My last 3 holildays have been IA to Egypt - a very different experience - space and sunbeds galore. I have been away during school holidays and found this hotel to be just to cramped for my liking."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of April 2010

Great for families

Reviewed Mon 8th of March 2010

"Kids (6) (5) and (1)Had a great time, pool at the Tenerife hotel is a graduated entrance so little children can toddle in and out, making time at the pool less stressful.
Our extremely active 6 year old son enjoyed playing football, tennis, table tennis, kids club and swimming.
A very good selection of food for even the fusiest eaters.
Beach a 10 minute walk away, small sandy area and sea cannot really be accessed as very rocky, and as in a small bay the sea is rough.
We have visited this hotel 4 times and would return again."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of March 2010

WOW...we will return..

Reviewed Tue 19th of March 2013

"Just a short review of this fantastic hotel,we have no complanits just all praise for the staff who work their butts off keeping the the whole place running so smoothly.The food is excellent and plentifull ,the drinks flow from morn till nite,the gardens are immaculate,the pools are vast and clean,the tiles are a bit slippery when wet!!the sunbeds are plentifull,the place is secluded we loved that but it didnt suit some pepes,a nice rough walk one way and a promenade walk tuther way.We were so lucky with the weather wallto wall sunshine..Fishing off the rocks was superb,evening entertainment was as expetedthe more cocktails you drank the better the shows seemed!!!!
All inclusive is the way forward only spent 10 euros!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 25th of November 2009

Excellent spot for relaxed sunshine holiday

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Did exactly what I wanted, we paid for the mini-suite, got a decent room with great balcony.
Food in self-service all incl. restaurant was much better and much more varied than any other all incl. I had been to before.
A la carte restaurants were good for a bit of variety, but in my opinion were not worth paying any upgrade for. (We had three nights in our week where they were free, and on those terms were great for a bit of variety)
Four different items available at every mealtime to be cooked quickly in front of you, e.g. pork chops, swordfish, tuna steaks. All excellent.
Service with room cleaning, bar service and restaurant service all very good, although coffee was a bit slow in the morning (although you can walk over to any of several machines and get it yourself)
We had excellent weather 25-28 deg in early Nov, perfect.

Thnaks to all who suggested bringing a BIG plastic glass, great tip saved many trips back and forth to the beer tap with the tiny cups provided.

As many other reviews state, this resort would not suit anyone with restricted mobility, although there are elevators and rams everywhere for wheelchairs etc. there are large distances to be covered from room to restaurant and room to pool, and depending where where your room is in relation to reception it could be up to a 7-10 min walk each time you are going to eat etc. Not a problem for us, but it would be for some.

Yes it is in the back-of-beyond and there isn't really anywhere to walk to, but if you know that before you go, well so-be-it. There are a couple of short walks possible but over rough terrain and rather scrappy areas with not much in the way of scenery, but hey, if you are there for the walking, don't stay here!

We ahd an excellent relaxed sun filled holiday."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of November 2009

Great food and gardens just watch the tiles around the pool!!

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Had a lovely time at this hotel, it was clean and well maintained.
On arrival one of the rooms was not ready and reception staff are not helpful, very poor service there.

Once into the hotel thre rest of the staff are friendly, polite and helpful. The food is great and there is a wide range. The gardens are lovely so are the swimming pools. Only one major problem is the tiles around the swimming pool. They are so slippery, I have never experienced anything like it and people were falling all over the place. It did make time around the pool stressful as I was worried about my childen and parents falling and getting badly hurt. This an area the hotel needs to sort out as it lets the place down. Without that problem and the front desk staff I would have happily given this hotel an excellent rating."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of November 2009

Nice Hotel, shame about the food

Reviewed Wed 20th of March 2013

"We booked this hotel after reading good reviews for a quick week away. What can I say? The food in the restaurants was definitely not up to the standard expected in a 4*+ hotel. We always stay in 4 & 5 star hotels and this has by far had the worst food. On talking to other guests who had stayed there on previous occasions they said that the standard of the food had decreased substantially. I am not especially fussy but I expect a choice of potatoes with my evening meal not just chips, (one evening this was the only potato dish on offer) yet the following morning there was mashed potato for breakfast!! Other dishes appeared to be made with cheap cuts of meat, one evening there was some type of lamb and vegetable stew which consisted of small pieces of very fatty lamb with lots of bones, disgusting. As for the Al a Carte restaurants, they were definitely not authentic, especially the Italian. All in all the cuisine was, beyond doubt, below standard. The drinks also appeared to be quite weak with not much taste to it, especially the wine. Normally if I have two small glasses of wine I feel tipsy but at dinner I had three large glasses and felt as if I had been drinking water. One of the other reasons we chose this hotel was because in the brochure it said that it had, along with a large pool for everyone, an adults only pool, but it wasn’t, it was very noisy, as there were lots of children playing in and around it. No fault of the children, they were just doing what children do on holiday, but we wanted a relaxing quiet day around the pool, without having to dodge beach balls and blow up creatures, when trying to swim. Also if you wanted a sunbed you either had to be up exceedingly early or be very lucky, as people were putting towels on beds as early as 6am, in the dark!!
One morning we caught the free hotel bus into Adeje, it dropped everyone off on the outskirts of Adeje, with approximately a 15min walk down to the beach, which wasn’t suitable for people with walking difficulties, we were not told this when booking. On the plus side, all the hotel staff were excellent, very pleasant and helpful and kept the hotel in tip top condition, I have never seen as many cleaning staff in a hotel. The weather was fantastic and our room was spotless and overlooked the pool and sea as we had requested. Maybe I am being a little fussy, but I am extremely disappointed as we could have paid less for a different 4* hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of October 2009

Hotels near Bahia Principe Costa Adeje

Stayed at Bahia Principe Costa Adeje? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Bahia Principe Costa Adeje

• Brymo by Brymo

"Book...........Go........Relax.............Enjoy..............Go Home............Re Book "

• Audrey McPhee by Audrey McPhee

"Very quiet - nothing to do "

• Audrey McPhee by Audrey McPhee

"Hotel (all inclusive) "

• CIAL2010 by CIAL2010

"Nice hotel, help yourself to drinks but lacks space "

• T by T

"avoid this one - not good value until they change the drinks package "

• bobbie by bobbie

"Great for relaxing, not a beach and kids hotel "

• D.P by D.P

"Siaam Park- This is a water park the biggest one in Europe. This trip was amazing "

• jennibean by jennibean

"Try the al a carte restaurants "

• Ambersothere by Ambersothere

"A more detailed plan of how to navigate your way around as we witnessed a lot of confused guests not able to work out how to get from place to place "

Bahia Principe Costa Adeje is also called