About Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas

• rooftop pool
  • adult pool

cant fault anything

Reviewed Thu 7th of June 2012

"had a lovely holiday at dream hotel noelia sur, the hotel is beautiful family hotel, rooms are fine although the view from the balcony was a walk way, the staff were all very freindly from the moment we arrived at recepcion including the bar staff, restuarant staff, bar staff, cleaners etc.i always worry about food but was not disappointed had so much to choose from and good. they had an entertainment programme with entertainment in the evening which was outside. the hotel is a good location with shops and resturants around it (supermarket over the road) and about 10 mins to the beach and millions of other shops, bars, resturants where you can walk around for miles if you want to but plenty close to if not. would defently go back."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of June 2012

christmas 2010

Reviewed Thu 6th of January 2011

"This was our second stay at Noelia sur (we first stayed in xmas 07) we would have loved to have stayed for new year also but, the extra payment for this was unjustified. However we had a great time the staff really do pull all the stops out for the children for xmas. we struggled getting their HUGE presents into the suitcase. A lot of sickness in hotel this time but, this cant be helped. As stated by previous reviews it is a must to pay for the extra for a pool view. We would stay at this hotel again (please could the pool be heated next time.)

• Travel date: Tue 4th of January 2011

Noelia Sur

Reviewed Wed 24th of November 2010

"We have just returned from the Noelia Sur which was a first class hotel with varied well cooked food and probably the most friendly staff I have encountered in Spain,it is worth paying a little extra for a pool side balcony as they seemed to get the sun all day,entertainment was good on some nights . We visited various places and used the bono ticket on the local transport which gave us cheaper rates,We felt we wasted a day visiting Santa Cruz as it was only an industrial city.
We had a great holiday except for when we were ripped off by one of the electrical shops in the Safari center,we purchased a panasonic camcorder only to find it had been subsituted for a cheap copy ,BE VERY WARY WHEN PURCHASING FROM THESE PEOPLE."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of November 2010

Excellent Location, Great Staff

Reviewed Tue 6th of July 2010

"Just completed a 14 night stay at the hotel. Booked through internet, flight through Ryanair. Had my wife's parents with us, so wanted somewhere that would suit them too.

We've had a few dodgy hotel deals in recent years and have suffered bad locations too, but this hotel was just exceptional. The hotel was immaculate, the staff could not be more helpful and courteous. Nothing is a problem to them. The tiled corridors can get a bit noisy but the staff are happy to get involved in telling people to be quiet. But really not a major problem.

We were on the ground floor which does not have the best views, but does have the biggest balconies, so if you like having people round for drinks, then the first floor is fine, but if you want the best views, 2nd floor of above.

Food: great selection of food, from simple salads to beautiful meat dishes and veggie options. The waiting staff are brilliant, always smiling and really helpful. Great fresh omlettes and pancakes in the morning, wonderful fish and pork dishes. Try something different and go for the local specialities too.

Rooms: Classic Spanish hotel rooms with clean bedding and bathrooms.

Facilities: Good sized pool, very safe, and a brand new kids pool on the upper level. Enough beds for all guests. The sun deck opens at 09.00 making it fair for everyone.

Location: The hotel suits older more sedate guests, but the clubs are only a short walk (15 minutes) or 3 in a taxi. The hotel is a short walk to the Safari Centre, which is just beautiful. Great shopping and beautiful places to eat or drink.

At night, less than 5 minutes away is the 'strip' with Irish bars, English & Scottish pubs and even a Soul Bar where the music is fantastic. Never pay more than 5E for anything from a looky looky though...there are lots of them, all with the same stuff.

Take a walk to the COLON part only 15 minutes and have a froxen yoghurt outside the Colon Apartments, probably the best I've tasted outside of Los Angeles.

Entertainment: A great mix of talent from magicians to tribute acts, The Beatles, the Eagles (brilliant) and even Abba , but don't miss the wonderful musicians in the bar up stairs too every night.

The entertainment team are great at keeping everyone going, from Petanque, darts, volleyball, and water polo. I lost half a stone from all of the activity.

A really great hotel, with great people running it.
Places to avoid...the California and the Playa Honda.

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of July 2010

Out of this world

Reviewed Thu 15th of January 2009

"I stayed in The Noelia Sur for a week at christmas with my family. Last year we stayed in Costa Adeje which was a bit far out from Las Americas. I was pleasantly surprised with Noelia Sur. Everything was perfect. The hotel rooms were very nice and especially if you had a pool side view. The breakfast and dinner was lovely, which had a lot of different varieties. The pool was great and it was lovely lying by the pool. The staff were very nice and helpful. They were also very nice to the old people I thought. The reception area was beautiful. I would definitely return to The Noelia Sur."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of January 2009

Nice hotel

Reviewed Tue 2nd of December 2008

"We had an fine holiday at the noelia sur hotel. Rooms were clean. Maybe it s better to ask a room with poolview. We hadnt, so view at a tree.
Little remark, for every extra service you have to pay (this is a 4star hotel, so at least some extras would be nice). Poolview, pooltowels, fridge, save, fitness, all extra on your bill.
Breakfast was very good, diner not so good, some evenings ok, but other evenings not 4 star worth.
We had a nice promotion, so don't complain.
This hotel also has a seperate place for fkk, the only in the regio.
Hope i didn't made to much spelling faults
Greets
Peter (Belgium)

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of December 2008

I was originally booked in at the sister...

Reviewed Sun 17th of August 2008

"I was originally booked in at the sister hotel Villa Tagora, but when i arrived and was given my room i wasn't happy with it and refused to un pack. I went to see the manager and he kindly said we could move rooms but not until the next day as he had only got a street view available. After discusing with my daughters we decided we would have the street view because anythin was better than that room. So i went back to the manager who then said he would upgrade me if i wanted to, i agreed and he arranged a taxi to Noella for me and paid for it.

I thought Noella was BRILLIANT! rooms were great (spacious and clean), Food was lovely (a lot of choice and nothing that we didn't like) staff were friendly. If you want a sunbed by the pool be there at 9 when it opens as they go quick but if you dont want one right next to pool there are plenty others further away, you can even get one at 10.

The only thing i would say could be improved is as we were all inclusive we could get snacks any time we wanted but it was all chips and burgers no fruit.

The entertainment was great, depends what your into, we enjoyed the magic show whereas the abba tribute was rubbish.

There are a lot of bars around the hotel and plenty of shops. Every night in the hotel there was a stall which eithr did Jewlerry, Clothes, Toys, Bags etc.

We saw the rep once as he never came, so dont go looking for him as you will be just wasting your time. Becasue he didn't come we booked aqualand through a company down the road from the hotel and we had a great time there apart from a few bruises from the rapids.

Overall our holiday was great and we would recommend it to other people and would definately go there again. "

• Travel date: Sun 17th of August 2008

I have read through many of the latest c...

Reviewed Sat 16th of August 2008

"I have read through many of the latest comeents and i decided to state my own in my opinion i believe the Noelia sur was an amazing hotel as i have been there several times during the easter fortnight the weather during this time of the year was scorching the staff are extremley friendly and definatley up to 4 star standard i dont understand why people are complaining about the rooms i found them nice and a good size during the day they organise activities for the children and the children are delighted there is a wide range of food which is brilliant for children that are a little fussy they have an amazing gym situated below the buliding which is only 10 euro per room for a week and the gym is very large i am pleased every year and am returning in easter for another brilliant fotnight!
nicole young in ireland!!!

• Travel date: Sat 16th of August 2008

My boyfriend and I, and two of our frien...

Reviewed Mon 14th of July 2008

"My boyfriend and I, and two of our friends stayed in the Noelia Sur for 2 weeks in June. We had a great time and loved the hotel. On arrival the reception staff were lovely and got us checked in really quickly. we did have to leave credit card details but after being reassured by our rep that this was not uncommon for hotels in tenerife we were ok with it. We arrived fairly late, at approx half 10 at night and hadn't eaten anything as we didn't have in flight meals, so the hotel had provided us with a small buffet so we could eat something, which we thought was really nice.

The rooms were lovely, very spacious and clean, and the air con was brilliant. The balcony was a good size and could fit all 4 of us on it comfortably. The rooms were cleaned every day, but be aware the maids do come quite early in the morning, before 9 on some occasions. (on the 3rd floor anyway).

The pool was big, but not as big as it looks in the pictures. As others have mentioned it doesn't have a shallow end, well not for people of my height anyway,lol. so be careful. and if you want a good spot by the pool you do have to be up early. we often didn't have a sunbed by the pool but it didn't bother us as it was quieter away from the pool, allowing us to sleep off the night before.lol.

The nightlife was good but not as good as we had imagined. The friends we went with went to Magaluf the year before and they said the night life was better there. However i think las americas has something for everyone. We loved the shops to the left of our hotel and one particular cocktail bar called Harrys.
On the two main strips veronicas and starcos the PRs are awful, they do not leave you alone and almost try to drag you into their bars and clubs. They can also sometimes become aggressive if you do not want to go in their bars. I was amazed when i first got there how horrible they were but by the end of the first week you get used to them and learn to just completly ignore them. dont even look at them. when you walk out of one bar there are about 5 or more waiting to jump on you, just walk past them and ignore them.

The only reason i have not given 10/10 is because of the food. For the first week we thought the food was lovely and had plenty to choose from, but by the end of the second week we were really sick of it. we went out 4 times for food. and there were plenty of restaurants around the hotel for us to choose from.

overall an excellent holiday and i'm really missing it. would definately recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Travel date: Mon 14th of July 2008

This was me & my boyfriends first time a...

Reviewed Thu 10th of July 2008

"This was me & my boyfriends first time at Tenerife and staying in the Noelia. We were recommended this hotel by some friends from work. We stayed for 12 days, had a fantastic time! Hotel was beautiful, we had no problems getting checked in, reception staff were pleasant. Our room was lovely and was very big & spacious with a pool view which is what we requested and on the 4th floor. Weather was very very hot, we had about 2 or 3 days of overcast but was still hot. Food was delicious, there was plenty to choose from at both breakfast and dinner. Rooms were made up daily. Get up early if you want a sun lounger the pool area opens at 9am so get your towels on the loungers early as theyre taken pretty quickly! Pool is VERY deep which i didnt like and there is a kids pool as well. There is plenty to do round about you, we went out most of the time for the entertainment. Hotel entertainment we thought was rubbish, the hotel is about a 5-10min walk from all the bars and shops but far away enough for a good nights sleep you dont hear any noise at all from them at night. Loads of irish bars around and i recommend Corner Bar. Supermarket right across the road which is good and handy, here you can get all your newspapers like "the sun" etc. There are loads of excursions you can do, we did loro park and mount teidi both excellent trips although bus journeys are long and we were a bit uncomfortable but it is worth it when you get there. Los Cristianos is within walking distance if you fancy a walk and the beach again is about a 10min walk. Overall hotel deserves it's 4 star i definetly recommend it and we would definetly return to the noelia again!"

• Travel date: Thu 10th of July 2008

My Husband and I have returned from our...

Reviewed Mon 28th of April 2008

"My Husband and I have returned from our 2nd Holiday at the Nolia Sur. We were delighted with everything again. We did have a little problem on arrival, as the Hotel was fully booked and we could not get the pool view room we had booked. We were allocated a ground floor room with a view of the apts next door and a wall in front of our patio door. It was dark and got no sun whatsoever. We were promised we would get the room we asked for when one became available. We had to spend two nights and one day in this room and because of this we did not unpack much. We got a room the next day and we were delighted with the one we got on the 4th floor however It seemed to shorten the weeks holiday some what as we could not really settle down knowing we were going to move again.
Everywhere is spotless and the cleaning staff are brilliant. The dining room staff are great and very helpfull.
Maybe a good overall make over could be started soon on this Hotel, while at the moment it is fine I would think that if it not undertaken soon it will be a major job later.
I would recommend this Hotel to everyone and the location is great."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of April 2008

My husband and two friends stayed at thi...

Reviewed Thu 6th of March 2008

"My husband and two friends stayed at this hotel for a month. It was fantastic we had a lovely bedroom with en suite facilities. The staff were great, kept the place very clean. The food was excellent with every possible choice. We will certainly stay at this hotel again. Our waiter who was called Ricardo was very good to us for the whole month.I love Las AMERICAS In the Winter it takes all the aches and pains away with the wondereful sunshine. Carol, Liverpool"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of March 2008

Hotels near Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas

Top traveller tips for Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas

• EllIKait by EllIKait

"great for a different walk every day "

Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas is also called