Sunset Harbour Club

Calle Valencia, 1 Urbanizacion Pueblo Torviscas, 38660 Costa Adeje, Adeje, Tenerife Spain

Good

really great place to stay!

"just back from sunset harbour club read some reviews before i went , most were favourable some not so good, but was really impressed with this complex!! the rooms are big and well furnished very clean and staff are lovely , food is fab and the staff so friendly cant do enough for you. they have entertainment most nights and drinks are reasonable priced. the pool area is lovely and the childrens pool is well equiped with toys as well i would recommend you try it you will be delighted!"

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of February 2010

spot on location

Good

"We stayed at Sunset Harbour over Christmas and New Year and to be honest I couldn't find any real faults with the place. It's a 15-20 min drive from the airport. Check in was speedy. Our room was excellent, spacious and clean with everything you would need for a self catering holiday. We did request a room change on the second day because our initial offering was over the bar/restaurant at the front of the complex and the noise, although not unbearable, was a bit too much. My request was facilitated with no fuss or drama and I was given a choice of 3 new rooms to choose from. The maids did a great job of keeping the room clean and the towels were changed regularly. Step out of the complex and a great variety of bars and good restaurants are just a minutes walk away. I would recommend The Great Little Italy for tapas, pizza or pasta, Slow Boat in the Port area for great Chinese and Coeur de Filet opposite Fanabe Beach for something a bit fancier."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of January 2010

Lovely complex, great location.

"My husband and I stayed at the Sunset Harbour in early December. The complex was very clean and attractive. The pools were chilly but inviting in the warm weather, average temp was about 26c. The studio we had was very comfortable. The sofabed was huge and was at least a super-king size. The kitchen had a full size cooker and microwave. A decent sized fridge/freezer and dishwasher. The furnishing were good quality and comfortable. We had a large patio/balcony that had table and chairs together with two sunloungers and washing line. We could see the sea from our balcony and it was a couple of minutes to both the beach and the local supermarket. Everything you needed was available in the local area. We enjoyed our stay at Sunset Harbour and would be happy to recommend it"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of December 2009

Is there better accommodation anywhere else in Tenerife?

"Just had a most enjoyable week at this complex and have to stay it far exceeded our expectations. We have stayed at numerous other places over the years but the facilities here are up with the best."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of December 2009

Excellent holiday, highly recommended, pleasure to stay at this hotel!

"Arrived at sunset harbour on 30/10/09 and checked in at reception, staff were helpful and a porter was on hand to show us to our room and take our luggage. First impressions were very good and was exceptionally pleased with the room, was spacious and clean. The kitchen had all modern appliances including dishwasher, microwave and toaster making this an ideal apartment for a self catering holiday. Also had beautiful bathroom and very large bedroom. Pool area was relaxing and kept clean and tidy, perfect sun trap in which to catch a tan!
Within the complex there were a few bars and restaurants, all reasonably priced and staff were very helpful and friendly, never had bad food or service. Hotel is situated right next to all local bars and restaurants and a choice of beaches..........we personally loved the Italian restaurant 'The Great Little Italy', next to Playa Fanabe beach, excellent food and service very resonably priced, also had a lovely view of the sunset.
This hotel would be great for all ages and had a mixture of people staying there from older couples to young couples like ourselves to families.
Overall had a great holiday and would definatley go back again soon!!"

• Travel date: Tue 10th of November 2009

terrible ?????

"we felt like 2nd class citizens. we went with thompsons .room very basic was there for 2 weeks bed changed once towels changed twice bin emptyed twice. had to empty it ourself i asked maid for bin liner she said no because i was not time share she was cleaning out other room which was time share. safe dont know how many times i had to reset it.tv not very good picture but they did not seem to bother. as for 44 regent street bar went there for sunday roast when it came to table in was boil in a bag roast beef which we could not eat. had to pay for tv which was running away with our money.pool was not very clean there were tadpoles in.would not go there again if you were timeshare you will be ok get all the attention rooms beautiful .lawson family. livingston. scotland."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of October 2009

Terrific

"Arrived at 1300, check in 1700 were given a choice of apartments that were ready, chose A25. We were warned that there was a disco over the road and we might find it noisy but if it was too noisy they would move us the following day - we stayed where we were, it was on the second floor but there is a lift. Apartment was quite large and fully equiped, also large balcony with 2 sunbeds and table and chairs. Apartment cleaned every day but Sunday, all staff pleasent and helpful. Good food at 44 Regent Street on the complex, this is also where the entertainment takes place, The entertainment was mostly good with a Quiz and various games, the commere Mel keeps the show rolling.It was our first time there but will be back"

• Travel date: Wed 26th of August 2009

great location and fab pool

"stayed at these apartments in March with 4 frieinds, we had a lovely time, room was lovely and had very big beds! cleaned everyday.

the pool area is really nice with about 3/4 cafes and bars to choose from to have something to eat, reasonable prices as well, there was also a swim up bar which was fun.

would recommend and would return tomorrow!"

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of June 2009

Sunset Harbour, great location

"We booked this accommodation through RCI International, as a timeshare exchange week. The apartment itself was lovely and kept spotlessly clean, but the bathrooms are a little dated and could do with modernisation, but again were kept very clean. The pool area was badly in need of maintenance with tiles missing from the pool and in need of a paint and general spruce up, the corridor areas were very dark and again could be done with a general tidy up, but the resort was clean and having said all the above I would return to the resort purely for the location. It is very central to everything, (but not right in the heart so that you are bothered with noise etc.) You can walk along the sea front promenade in both directions with many restaurants and bars along the way. I'm pretty sure that the sunset harbour is the timeshare end of the resort with pueblo torviscas being the thomsons package holiday end, but not sure whether the apartments are the same inside etc. The reception staff were very helpful and we were given access to our room at 12 noon when our check-in was supposed to be 5pm. Very enjoyable week."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of November 2008

Lovely break at Dunset Harbour Club

Good

"My husband and I took our 2 year old grandaughter for a 5 day break and had a great time.
We had a one bedroom apartment which was spacious and well fitted out but the best thing was the enclosed patio with a gate leading to our own enclosed garden.
The guy on reception could not have tried any harder to get us the perfect room and location. All the staff were wonderful.
The pools are great and the baby pool had toys which I assume other guests had left (we left ours too).
It is only a couple of minutes from the beaches.
There are plenty of restaraunts close by and reasonably priced.
I will definately go here again."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of September 2008

My home away from home - AMAZING!

"I love Sunset Harbour. I have been going with my family for the first two weeks of August since I was around 5 years old and I am now 21. Seriously! It just keeps getting better. We have so many great memories at Sunset Harbour and have made many great friends at the complex whom we meet there every time we go.

We are on timeshare and these apartments are the best and most comfortable as they're private. Holidays booked with Thomson etc are usually less equipped seeing as they're not private and have less money going into them. I'd recommend Getting a room in E block - we choose it every time. Especially a room overlooking the pool - it'd be much quieter than overlooking the sea! (Bars and restaurants are underneath those.)

The pools are HUGE and always clean (I have never experienced a dirty pool here, only the odd leaf etc as expected throughout the day.) The top pool is the quietest and the bottom pool (the one at the main entrance) is the noisy, inflatable-allowed pool.
You have to be down from your apartment early to get a sunbed though, these get claimed quickly and are usually all gone by 9:30am.

The staff are brilliant and we know them all very well. They are very welcoming, speak excellent English (the owners are English themselves) and go out of their way to help you with any problems. My mum once found an injured stray cat near the complex and they phoned for a vet and gave it some food.

I have had some bad experiences here but these can be expected everywhere and the staff at the complex do eveything they can to help. I was once in a ground-floor apartment with a friend which was infested with ant in the bathrom. We were moved to P block immediately (also on the ground floor but brilliant!) Cockroaches are also to be expected in Tenerife! Anywhere you go they will be there, it's normal. It's not the resort's fault. You just have to make sure you keep windows closed or almost closed when you go out at night, especially if you have a ground floor apartment. If you have air con in your apartment this won't be a problem but if not, just leave the fan on full blast.

All the timeshare rooms I have stayed in feature a CD player, ceiling fans, dishwasher, microwave, oven, kettle, toaster, fridge-freezer, safe, plenty of storage spacem clean linen/towels and complimentary tea/coffee sachets. They have also fitted air con into many.

Nightlife is GREAT - the complex is literally 1 minute's walk away from two beach fronts. Playa de las Americas is a 20minute walk away along the beach front.

If you choose to go here, maybe choose a private apartment. Any extra money will be well worth it. For quieter apartments, choose ones overlooking the pool. You have a better chance of it being next to silent unless you overlook the resort's 44 Regent Street restaurant (between blocks E and F) but I have never had any issues with noise.

All in all, this is a great apartment complex in a great location. Not too rowdy, not too quiet and with a broad spectrum of types of guest."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of July 2010

Fantastic staff at this resort

"We have just returned from a two week holiday at Sunset Harbour. We only booked for one week but the volcano in Iceland meant that we had to stay another week. The staff at this resort were fantastic and so helpful, nothing is too much trouble. They were on the internet and telephone trying to get us a flight home and keeping us up to date with the situation. The resort is one of the best I have ever been to and I cannot fault it. It is in a lovely area close to the beach, restaurants, bars and shops. The resort itself has a lovely pool, bar and two restaurants and all the staff are so friendly. They provide first class entertainment for the kids(and adults!). It was a lovely place to be stranded! Also visit Emma and Paul at the Crazy frog for a lovely English breakfast.
Thank you to all at Sunset Harbour and we will be coming back very soon."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of April 2010

Hotels near Sunset Harbour Club

Stayed at Sunset Harbour Club? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sunset Harbour Club

• stevem by stevem

"Quieter at this end but very rowdy a mile or two further south "

• stevem by stevem

"Drive over mount Tiede its beautiful "

• Gladys by Gladys

"Ideal for all travellers, good location and accomodation "

• rebrecker by rebrecker

"A must-visit for all ages. My favourite Tenerife resort. "

• doreenjordan by doreenjordan

"its lovely and i would go again. "

• lowriJ by lowriJ

"lovely location, great resturants. "

Sunset Harbour Club is also called